What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

I would say correctly predicting the universe had a beginning 6000 years ago deserves a novel prize.
So you think the universe is only 6000 years old?
Don't be silly. Space and time were created ~14 billion years ago.

6000 years ago men knew that the universe had a beginning. It only took science 5900 years to catch up.
Actually, when the bible says that god said "let there be light", that was hundreds of millions of years after the Big Bang. The universe was initially dark.
We aren't reading the same thing then.

To me the account of Genesis is about the beginning of Creation.
Did you believe that before you started reading or after you read it?

Genesis is about the creation of heaven and earth, not the universe, solar system, planet, or the fist plants or animals.

The light, the firmament or foundation of heaven, was spoken into existence.

The law of God came into the world as a light to the nations, a light that teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, good and evil, light and darkness, life and death.
"The light, the firmament or foundation of heaven, was spoken into existence. " And you make fun of ME? Geez, this is about as dumb as it gets.

So you think the universe is only 6000 years old?

6000 years ago men knew that the universe had a beginning. It only took science 5900 years to catch up.
Actually, when the bible says that god said "let there be light", that was hundreds of millions of years after the Big Bang. The universe was initially dark.

Genesis is about the creation of heaven and earth, not the universe, solar system, planet, or the fist plants or animals.

The law of God came into the world as a light to the nations, a light that teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, good and evil, light and darkness, life and death.
"The light, the firmament or foundation of heaven, was spoken into existence. " And you make fun of ME? Geez, this is about as dumb as it gets.
You just haven't thought very deeply about it..There is and always was the earth. The light established the world above.

The basis of heaven, the firmament of the world above, is the Law "a light to the nations" which was spoken into existence. Before that the earth, the dwelling place of man, was without shape and void (lawless) and darkness (confusion) covered the face of the deep, (the unknown).

God said, "Let there be light." remember?

Last edited:

You just haven't thought very deeply about it..There is and always was the earth. The light established the world above.

The basis of heaven, the firmament of the world above, is the Law "a light to the nations" which was spoken into existence. Before that the earth was without shape and void (lawless) and darkness (confusion) covered the face of the deep, (the unknown).

But nobody knows if god actually said that, since no one was there at the time. So that that is made up would be the logical conclusion.

The basis of heaven, the firmament of the world above, is the Law "a light to the nations" which was spoken into existence. Before that the earth was without shape and void (lawless) and darkness (confusion) covered the face of the deep, (the unknown).

But nobody knows if god actually said that, since no one was there at the time. So that that is made up would be the logical conclusion.

That would be an illogical conclusion.

You never set out to discover whether there is a higher way of life consequent to following those instructions from an alleged extraterrestrial source however long ago the law came into this world..

So far all you are doing is saying "God is a meanie, there is no proof! What about the kangaroos? Cancer! deformity! innocent babies! WHAT ABOUT THE BABIES! ooh ooh ahh ahh! Hee Haw Hee Haw."

According to Jesus if you follow the law according to his teaching about the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects in the law, God will make himself known to you. Shut up and just do it. Its easy. Even for a leper.

You claim to want to know the truth..The least you can do is try...

Last edited:
"According to Jesus if you follow the law according to his teaching about the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects in the law, God will make himself known to you."

WTF (where the *%&&) do you find those ideas logically attributed to anything that Jesus "logically" said?

"According to Jesus if you follow the law according to his teaching about the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects in the law, God will make himself known to you."

WTF (where the *%&&) do you find those ideas logically attributed to anything that Jesus "logically" said?
WhereTF?

buried and hidden like treasure locked in dark vaults, hoarded in secret places.

Last edited:

WhereTF?

buried and hidden like treasure locked in dark vaults, hoarded in secret places.

right "according to his teachings"

You never set out to discover whether there is a higher way of life consequent to following those instructions from an alleged extraterrestrial source however long ago the law came into this world..

So far all you are doing is saying "God is a meanie, there is no proof! What about the kangaroos? Cancer! deformity! innocent babies! WHAT ABOUT THE BABIES! ooh ooh ahh ahh! Hee Haw Hee Haw."

According to Jesus if you follow the law according to his teaching about the figurative nature of the words and hidden subjects in the law, God will make himself known to you. Shut up and just do it. Its easy. Even for a leper.

God did not speak creation into being. There's no proof for that. Jesus had no proof either. Just a load of fantasy, with some wishful thinking thrown in on your part.

That you can only find your god but studying hidden meanings in a book borders on witchcraft, not to mention that it's a ludicrous concept to finding god.

God did not speak creation into being. There's no proof for that. Jesus had no proof either. Just a load of fantasy, with some wishful thinking thrown in on your part.

That you can only find your god but studying hidden meanings in a book borders on witchcraft, not to mention that it's a ludicrous concept to finding god.

my argument @ HOBIE ---is ---Where and when did Jesus CREDIBLY say-----'I am speaking in riddles'? There is no doubt
that HE DID use commonly understood colloquialisms------that the
people at that time would have understood. Are we taking the
words of JOHN OF THE BOOK OF REVULSIONS----to be words
uttered by Jesus? Of course "JOHN" used commonly known
poetic imagery and some that seem a bit obsure to me but I am
no SCHOLAR. and I do not know aramaic

You are confused. I did not say that God spoke creation into being. No proof of that? LOL....The world was around for billions of years before anyone ever said anything. You seem to be malfunctioning...Whats up with that bro?

I said that the creation story is about the time when law came into the world from an extraterrestrial source as a light, spoken into existence, creating the foundation for a higher way to understand and live life that fulfills the promise of eternal life and entry into a realm of superior intelligences for all those who actually try to do it..

Oh wait a minute! I get it!..... You, mysteriously, felt insulted again..... lol....

You are confused. I did not say that God spoke creation into being. No proof of that? LOL....The world was around for billions of years before anyone ever said anything. You seem to be malfunctioning...

I said that the creation story is about the time when law came into the world from an extraterrestrial source as a light, spoken into existence, creating the foundation for a higher way to understand and live life that fulfills the promise of eternal life and entry into a realm of superior intelligences for all those who actually try to do it..

Oh wait a minute! I get it!..... You, mysteriously, felt insulted again..... lol....

Hobie----your take on THE BEGINNING OF "HUMAN" UNDERSTANDING -----is kinda nice. ----consistent with the
poetic devices of Genesis. Now where does Jesus introduce
these ideas in the "NT"?

You are confused. I did not say that God spoke creation into being. No proof of that? LOL....The world was around for billions of years before anyone ever said anything. You seem to be malfunctioning...Whats up with that bro?

So who was it that did the "spoken into existence" thing?

Let me put it this way. Moses gave the written law. The hidden meaning is the light and wisdom of God spoken into existence from elsewhere through words that do not make any sound and were never written down.

For instance according to the written law swine are unclean creatures because they do not ruminate.

Only in discovering the not so hidden meaning can one see the light and wisdom of God in giving this law. Only then will you hear his words.

Without that light, that understanding, all anyone can do is dick around over whats for dinner or deride how absurd that is..either way, not kosher.

Thats why Jesus said, "straight narrow and difficult is the way to eternal life and few are they who find it." because it was hidden, never written down, and requires ruminating to perceive, to grasp.

Almost impossible, easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, in a world where deep thinking is considered a hideous deformity, a sign of anger, mental illness, or demonic possession. Even though no one can stop another from doing it secretly, even though, like a raging fire in a dead wood forest, no one can stop thinking deeply within themselves.... once they begin....

Last edited:

Let me put it this way. Moses gave the written law. The hidden meaning is the light and wisdom of God spoken into existence from elsewhere through words that do not make any sound and were never written down.

For instance according to the written law swine are unclean creatures because they do not ruminate.

Only in discovering the not so hidden meaning can one see the light and wisdom of God in giving this law. Only then will you hear his words.

Without that light, that understanding, all anyone can do is dick around over whats for dinner or deride how absurd that is..either way, not kosher.

Thats why Jesus said, "straight narrow and difficult is the way to eternal life and few are they who find it." because it was hidden, never written down, and requires ruminating to perceive, to grasp.

Almost impossible, easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, in a world where deep thinking is considered a hideous deformity, a sign of anger, mental illness, or demonic possession. Even though no one can stop another from doing it secretly, even though, like a raging fire in a dead wood forest, no one can stop thinking deeply themselves.... once they begin....
So what's god reason for not eating pigs that you hear when you read the book?

Almost impossible, easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, in a world where deep thinking is considered a hideous deformity, a sign of anger, mental illness, or demonic possession. Even though no one can stop another from doing it secretly, even though, like a raging fire in a dead wood forest, no one can stop thinking deeply themselves.... once they begin....

The flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate is forbidden because their flesh defiles and contaminates.

If you swallow the teachings of people that do not ruminate, think deeply, without thinking deeply, it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

Hear, if you have ears to hear.

The wisdom is about as difficult to understand as the wisdom of avoiding malware from screwing up your computer.

I'd say that instruction is fairy crucial if you ever plan on using your brain and hope to lead a fulfilled life...

Last edited:

The flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate is forbidden because their flesh defiles and contaminates.

If you swallow the teachings of people that do not ruminate, think deeply, without thinking deeply, it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will degenerate into an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

The wisdom is about as difficult to understand as the wisdom of avoiding malware from screwing up your computer.

I'd say that instruction is fairy crucial if you ever plan on using your brain and hope to lead a fulfilled life...
My life is fulfilled without having to obey total nonsense about animals.

Almost impossible, easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, in a world where deep thinking is considered a hideous deformity, a sign of anger, mental illness, or demonic possession. Even though no one can stop another from doing it secretly, even though, like a raging fire in a dead wood forest, no one can stop thinking deeply within themselves.... once they begin....

My life is fulfilled without having to obey total nonsense about animals.

lol... That would explain your charming disposition and obsession with kangaroos....

Bowing to a carved Jesus behind the pulpit is bowing to a graven image. Jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven. He is not in a wooden statue behind the pulpit.
kissing a little metal cross( icon) torture death device)
Jesus, who represents--LOVE,PEACE and UNITY would NOT have a torture death device as the front of his religion. This brought it in-2Thess 2:3)
We don't bow to that. We bow to his presence in the Eucharist which is housed in the Tabernacle.

Your religion--murdered young catholic men for Adolf Hitler. Jesus does not know them. While the teachers and blind followers prayed to the same God on both sides of 55million humans being slaughtered. One of the biggest hipocrosys ever witnessed by all creation. Keep bowing to that piece of wood.
My religion did that? How?

Most of the german armies and Italian were catholic--If the teachers applied Jesus they would have told them-- no matter what do not stand on both sides killing each other in hatred. My teachers were wise enough to do that. I say Germany wouldn't have had enough army to attack anyone if the teachers stood for Jesus.
The same with what occurred in the usa--Millions of native americans wiped out or forced on reservations--for land and gold. Many told they were Christian accomplishing these acts. They were wrong-Matt 7:21-23
Right and Christians, many who were Catholics, stopped it.

Can you tell me what scripture says about judging others?

after 55 million were dead they saw their major error as murderers. Their own works have already judged them. But if it happens again--the same result will occur.

I shared what the bible teaches--its not my personal judgements--just facts.
It absolutely is your personal judgment. The Catholic Church did not exist at the time the authors penned the Books of the Bible.

that's funny--God warned us about them-2Thess 2:3
You are rationalizing judging people and you are going to quote scripture?

What does scripture say about judging others?

The Pope-- is called - the holy father---Reality--God is the holy Father not the Pope. The Pope is a mortal sinner. In Fact the bible clearly teaches--Do NOT call any man FATHER --this is speaking about in a spiritual teacher sense. In The OT Men are called Father--So its not Dads that reference was to--simple bible milk, yet its been over 1700 years and your teachers can not get it right.Why? Dogma get in the way?--The bible judged right there against your Pope. Its not me judging--the bible has all the judgements in black and white-there will be no excuses.
Maybe you should read the Catechism and tell me what you reject and what you accept.

If nothing else you will learn that everything you believe about Catholics is a lie.

Ot--condemns--statues, icons, graven images--Yet the Pope allows all 3 into the churches and homes.
Call no man Father( in a spiritual teacher sense)--Yet the Pope allows it.
In their pictures of Jesus through the centuries have portrayed Jesus as a sinner with long hair, It was forbidden for a jewish male to have long hair. With the exception of the Nazarites( Samson) not Nazarenes( Jesus) God made a special covenant with the Nazarites--They should never cut there hair, but could not drink any alcohol.
All 3 simple bible milk--yet its been 1700 years or more and they still cannot understand the milk let alone the meat.
No follower of Jesus -EVER stood in a war against one of their brothers in Christ--Not a single teacher that has Jesus would ever allow it.

Forum List

Back