What We Should Do Is Put This Jesus Tale To Sleep

Future generations will be embarrassed when they discover that their ancestors actually fell for that unbelievable conglomeration of total fiction.
The extremist right wing evangelicals are so proud of their belief that Jesus is God....the extremist left wing atheists are proud of their belief that Jesus is a fairy tale.

No cure for stupid.

So? How old are you? You aren't old enough and wise enough to realize everyone will never agree with you? This thread was not started by a Christian attempting to force his views upon anyone.

Future generations will be embarrassed when they discover that their ancestors actually fell for that unbelievable conglomeration of total fiction.
The extremist right wing evangelicals are so proud of their belief that Jesus is God....the extremist left wing atheists are proud of their belief that Jesus is a fairy tale.

No cure for stupid.

So? How old are you? You aren't old enough and wise enough to realize everyone will never agree with you? This thread was not started by a Christian attempting to force his views upon anyone.

He also doesn't realize not every Christian is an evangelical...or for that matter right wing

No cure for stupid.

"Pascal's Wager is an argument in apologetic philosophy devised by the seventeenth-century Frenchphilosopher, mathematician and physicistBlaise Pascal (1623–62).[1] It posits that humans all bet with their lives either that God exists or that he does not. Based on the assumption that the stakes are infinite if God exists and that there is at least a small probability that God in fact exists, Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).[2]"
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, your view is that Pascal was stupid.
Stupid is pretending to believe in Jesus, while embracing greed and hatred and killing, and expecting to be exonerated for a life of sin for the mere faith that belief of Jesus will get you into heaven.

Stupid is also belief that creation is an accident, so there are no consequences for your actions.

Your problem is again it is not Christians who are attempting to force their views on you. Go aback and read the OP.

No cure for stupid.

He also doesn't realize not every Christian is an evangelical...or for that matter right wing

Yes. It does appear he is not as intelligent as he perceives he is.

No cure for stupid.

"Pascal's Wager is an argument in apologetic philosophy devised by the seventeenth-century Frenchphilosopher, mathematician and physicistBlaise Pascal (1623–62).[1] It posits that humans all bet with their lives either that God exists or that he does not. Based on the assumption that the stakes are infinite if God exists and that there is at least a small probability that God in fact exists, Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas they stand to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).[2]"

Stupid is pretending to believe in Jesus, while embracing greed and hatred and killing, and expecting to be exonerated for a life of sin for the mere faith that belief of Jesus will get you into heaven.

Stupid is also belief that creation is an accident, so there are no consequences for your actions.

An accident? In what way? Like someone pushed the wrong button? :lol:

Clearly we are here as is the universe. The evidence suggests strongly that all that is, was, at least before the bang condensed in a remarkably small and extremely dense ball. What set it off to expand to what we now are an extremely small part of I don't think anyone knows for certain.

What I AM fairly certain of is that once the human being became capable of "wonder" he/she has placed more importance of our existence to the whole totality of the universe than can realistically be justified. Gods were invented, then reinvented and on and on until now the reversal of this comical side track has seemingly become impossible.

I do not share the fear of those that can't accept death as an end to our existence.

But as much as you are afraid you will be just as dead as I when your time comes. In my opinion you would benefit getting right with your fears ..then you could go forth will less to worry about. That peace of mind is a clear benefit. It is for me anyway.

I have my peace of mind, and it is a benefit for me.

No cure for stupid.

An accident? In what way? Like someone pushed the wrong button? :lol:

Clearly we are here as is the universe. The evidence suggests strongly that all that is, was, at least before the bang condensed in a remarkably small and extremely dense ball. What set it off to expand to what we now are an extremely small part of I don't think anyone knows for certain.

What I AM fairly certain of is that once the human being became capable of "wonder" he/she has placed more importance of our existence to the whole totality of the universe than can realistically be justified. Gods were invented, then reinvented and on and on until now the reversal of this comical side track has seemingly become impossible.

I do not share the fear of those that can't accept death as an end to our existence.

But as much as you are afraid you will be just as dead as I when your time comes. In my opinion you would benefit getting right with your fears ..then you could go forth will less to worry about. That peace of mind is a clear benefit. It is for me anyway.
What set off the expanse of the dense ball is the Cause in the "cause and effect", we are the effect. I pledge my devotion to the Cause.

If death is the end of our existence, then there is no point to existence....there is no cause for the effect....and therefore no consequences for any actions.

Dying is no big deal...already done that, but was brought back in spite of my wishes not to be. It's coming back that's a bitch. But even had I not been brought back in this body, I would have been brought back in a different one, because I haven't learned my lessons yet. I'm a very old soul who's been around the block many times, because I'm so stupid. The mercy of the Cause just keeps sending me back till I get it right. Amen.

No cure for stupid.

Jesus is a liberal who teaches, peace love and brotherhood. Not greed hate and war.

No cure for stupid.

Jesus is a liberal who teaches, peace love and brotherhood. Not greed hate and war.

I don't think so. I think I saw Him in the crowd at the Trump rally in Biloxi.

No cure for stupid.

I don't think so. I think I saw Him in the crowd at the Trump rally in Biloxi.
That wasn't him....the cons locked him up in Arizona....he didn't have no papers, he's an illegal alien.

No cure for stupid.

Jesus also said go sell your coat and buy a weapon.

No cure for stupid.

Jesus was non political, why don't you stick to something you know something of

No cure for stupid.

Jesus also said go sell your coat and buy a weapon.

Yes but then the Liberals said "Give me your coat. I didn't work for it but you owe it to me and while you're at it, give me all your guns".

No cure for stupid.

I agree with Einstein:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

No cure for stupid.

I agree with Einstein:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Sounds about right. I simply cannot imagine a god. I've seen millions of people tricked into believing in gods that just happen to conveniently demand obedience and these dupes get slaughtered or do the slaughtering in the name of these gods. I see little difference in the pudgy fat kid in N. Korea or the religious leaders in Iran or the Pope. They all enjoy the power.... Maybe a tad too much.

I cannot imagine a person who doesn't believe in a creator, caring that anyone else believes in a creator.

Sounds pretty stupid to me.

No cure for stupid.

I agree with Einstein:

Sounds about right. I simply cannot imagine a god. I've seen millions of people tricked into believing in gods that just happen to conveniently demand obedience and these dupes get slaughtered or do the slaughtering in the name of these gods. I see little difference in the pudgy fat kid in N. Korea or the religious leaders in Iran or the Pope. They all enjoy the power.... Maybe a tad too much.

Right On!!

I totally agree

Atheists vs. Believers: which hopes that he is correct?
I'm agnostic, and I'm constantly amazed at the vitriol that spews forth from atheists toward Christains (never Islam). I don't understand why they can't live and let live. Since they can't, they should at least do the decent thing and give Islam a fair share of their attention. But they don't, they are far too craven to mess with Islam. Hypocrites.

OK I'll bite. Islam is a fraud also....as is Bud-ism and all the make believe ism's. People are afraid and desperate for some answer...some purpose to our being here. There is a purpose to humanity.. in the USA it is to be a compliant consumer...in other places it is to give additional power to those willing to get, by hook and crook, to the top of the heap.
Thank you. I look forward to seeing you demonstrate your equal hatred of Islam on this message board. I haven't seen that yet.

Frankly I have not seen any threads pushing Islam here at USMB. If I do see one I will tell them they are just as stupid as the christians.
But this isn't a thread 'pushing' Christianity, yet here you are. Listen, there are threads all over this board about Islam, so I look forward to seeing you on them talking about Islam in the same manner you do Christianity.

No cure for stupid.

I agree with Einstein:

Einstein was agnostic.

No cure for stupid.

I agree with Einstein:

Could you point out the similarities between the ayatollahs and the Pope? Thanks.

Forum List

Back