What will you do when they arrest Trump ?

Show me where the President has the authority to declassify nuclear secrets!
The president acts by executive order. Nuclear secrets are classifying by law, such as one of the atomic energy acts.

As you know, an executive order, can't override a law. Such the president can't declassify anything that was classified by one of the atomic energy laws.

In short. The president can't declassify nuclear secrets.

Actually based on how Trump declassified information, he violated the office in order to do so. Effectively Trump committed an impeachable offense by declassifying information without telling the intelligence community, he was declassifying it.

As you pointed out, the president has complete authority to declassify, but like Spiderman, with great power, comes great responsibility. The only way to stop a rogue president from declassifying anything and everything, is by taking that power from him via impeachment, and conviction.

And that can't happen if the president keeps the declassification Top Secret.

I think you’re on to something here! Sounds like a great plan!

You got’em this time! There’s no way the leftists and the media would lie to you and crush your hopes and dreams again! This is the smoking gun!

lol ....

donny's hourglass is almost empty. whatever will you do the day he's indicted, littler trump humper?

The president acts by executive order. Nuclear secrets are classifying by law, such as one of the atomic energy acts.

As you know, an executive order, can't override a law. Such the president can't declassify anything that was classified by one of the atomic energy laws.

In short. The president can't declassify nuclear secrets.
Exactly!

I think you’re on to something here! Sounds like a great plan!
Actually, it also means that Trump never declassified the information if he didn't tell the classifying agency he was declassifying it.
None of the documents was stamped "declassified", so not just technically, but in actuality they remained classified.

The act is not done, until all of the steps to do it are carried out.

The President is not a dictator. He doesn't have absolute power. Read the Espianage Act, you stupid POS!
I cannot help it if you’re too fucking retarded, you shit stained dildo, to grasp that the act applies to classified documents; and such documents cease BEING classified documents the instant the President DEclassifies them.

You’ve earned the name “Dildo.”

You’re a dope.

Actually, it also means that Trump never declassified the information if he didn't tell the classifying agency he was declassifying it.
None of the documents was stamped "declassified", so not just technically, but in actuality they remained classified.

The act is not done, until all of the steps to do it are carried out.
Wrong.

The action declassifying a document is done the instant the President declassifies them. The ministerial acts which follow aren’t necessary for the declassification to have already taken place. Those ministerial acts just relate to the notice of such declassification.

I cannot help it if you’re too fucking retarded, you shit stained dildo, to grasp that the act applies to classified documents; and such documents cease BEING classified documents the instant the President DEclassifies them.

You’ve earned the name “Dildo.”

You’re a dope.
Why are you so afraid to educate yourself? You're just digging a deeper hole as well as showing the entire world just how stupid a Trumpy is and how far you're willing to go to avoid the truth.

Actually, NO. The documents remain classified, until they are formally declassified.

It's no different than a bill doesn't become a law when the president sign it. A bill becomes law when the president signs it, and returns it to congress, and it's put into the congressional record.

Wrong.

The action declassifying a document is done the instant the President declassifies them. The ministerial acts which follow aren’t necessary for the declassification to have already taken place. Those ministerial acts just relate to the notice of such declassification.

Please read Marbury v Madison. It says you're absolutely wrong.
The case was important for more than just Supreme Court review. They said the presidential act wasn't effective until the ministerial acts were completed.

And as the ministerial acts were not completed. The presidents act was null and void.

Yes, the president can declassify documents, but there isn’t a set protocol they have to follow​

Former President Trump claimed documents found at Mar-a-Lago were “all declassified.” We explain why sitting presidents can declassify documents and how it works.

Though there aren’t specific protocols that the president must follow to declassify a document, federal courts have ruled that they will “refuse to recognize what they consider to be an inference of declassification,” McClanahan said. *

The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2020 decision about whether statements made by then-President Trump declassified the existence of a CIA program that “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”

If a document is declassified, that doesn’t automatically mean it can be shared widely, either. For example, nuclear information – which is generally classified – is also protected by the federal Atomic Energy Act of 1954, McClanahan explained.

The Washington Post reported the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago for “nuclear documents,” among other classified information.
“Because [nuclear information] has this dual protection, even if you declassify a nuclear document, you cannot disseminate it because it’s still what’s called Restricted Data,” McClanahan said.
“So to the extent that he [Trump] had any nuclear information in there, declassification would not help him in the slightest, because he would still be disseminating restricted data or moving Restricted Data,” he added.

Yes, the president can declassify documents, but there isn’t a set protocol they have to follow

* nobody has come foward to verify any declassification by donny's spoken word.

I don't have to, you dunce...er, Democrat: I just provided the CNN expert on the Constitution.

Now tell me why you Democrats ignore the Constitution.
You must have misheard him. Because a president can't declassify atomic energy classified documents.

Why are you so afraid to educate yourself? You're just digging a deeper hole as well as showing the entire world just how stupid a Trumpy is and how far you're willing to go to avoid the truth.
Why do you insist on bleating like a retarded Billy goat about things you don’t grasp.

Of course you’ve long since established that you are disdainful of the truth and have no concern about looking like the retarded dildo you are.

Can presidents declassify matters directly?​

Yes, because it is ultimately their constitutional authority.
Excerpted from: Presidential Power to Declassify Information, Explained

I cite it not because The NY Times has any particular claim of actual expertise in this field, but because even they recognize that the President is the ultimate authority.

Do presidents have to obey the usual procedures?​

There is no Supreme Court precedent definitively answering that question.

Id. But, again, ministerial tasks and procedures cannot dictate to a President. What he says, as the ultimate authority, is the rule. Period. Others absolutely should comply with the various administrative procedures. But the President himself? Please. The notion is silly on its face.

Forum List

Back