🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Would Conservatives Like as the GOP Platform?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

*** Please note: This thread is not a commie conspiracy. It is a serious and sincere request for opinion only. I am not telling the gop what to do. I am not telling the tea party what to do. If you don't have an answer, that's okay. And again, this is not a commie conspiracy. Thank you for your attention. I look forward to your calm, mature, civil and rational responses ***

Many conservatives on this board are strongly opposed to the idea that the Republican party needs to moderate somewhat if it's going to see success in future elections. So this is your opportunity to get specific about what you, in your heart of hearts, would like to see the Republicans run on in 2014, 2016, and in the future.

So here's a list of topics to start with, and what I currently perceive to be what these people would like to see all Republican candidates run on. I certainly could be wrong, and I'm throwing out some numbers where I'm not sure, so I invite corrections, as well as your calm, civil, mature opinion and input:

Top Marginal Income Tax Rates
  • Personal: 20%
  • Corporate: 0%

Spending
  • Increase military spending by 15% annually ongoing
  • Cut entitlement spending by 10% annually ongoing
  • Eliminate the Department of Commerce
  • Eliminate the Department of Education
  • Eliminate the Department of Energy
  • Eliminate the Department of Housing & Urban Development
  • Eliminate the Department of the Interior

Abortion
  • Constitutional Amendment banning abortion

Gay Rights
  • Reversal of any and all gay marriage laws
  • Possible Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage

Gun Law
  • No changes to existing legislation, no bans

That's a start. Please add items as you wish. And it would be great if you could discuss how you feel voters would react to each item.

Let's get specific.

The platform should center on the democrat war on dissent and opposition. Nothing else matters and most of it would go away if the democrats permitted honest debate.

Income Tax: Eliminated in favor of states paying their ratable share of the federal government

Spending: Defense Zero base budget, eliminate majority military brass
Eliminate the Department of Commerce
Eliminate the Department of Education
Eliminate the Department of Energy
Eliminate the Department of Housing & Urban Development
Eliminate the Department of the Interior
Privatize Social Security
Voucher Medicare/Medicaid

repeal 16th and 17th amendment

well it appears they have NO ideas

Specifying time to respond on a messageboard is the primordial ooze of debate.

This is a complex question, and unlike yourself, we dont copypasta whatever drivel we can look up on PROGRESSIVERAGBLOGOFTHEWEEK and then reference incessantly to it.

This may take time to think up.

Income Tax: Eliminated in favor of states paying their ratable share of the federal government

Since you'd like to see this as the platform, I assume you're confident a GOP candidate could successfully sell this package to the electorate?

Eliminate the EPA.

Democrats think they can make Texas a swing state by doing this.
Obama EPA kills power plant, 3,900 jobs in Texas | WashingtonExaminer.com

Chase Power, the parent company behind the $3 billion Las Brisas coal power plant in Corpus Christi, Texas, announced yesterday that it was cancelling the project.

“Chase Power … has opted to suspend efforts to further permit the facility and is seeking alternative investors as part of a plan of dissolution for the parent company,” Chase CEO Dave Freysinger told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

Freysinger made it very clear who was responsible for the projects death. “The (Las Brisas Energy Center) is a victim of EPA’s concerted effort to stifle solid-fuel energy facilities in the U.S., including EPA’s carbon-permitting requirements and EPA’s New Source Performance Standards for new power plants,” he said.

I'd love them to focus on fiscal issues, and leave social issues in the dust, but I'm not really the "GOP base".

I am.

And I couldn't agree more. I used to be a die hard on the social issues before I abandoned my faith. I still believe in the right to life for the unborn but that agenda does us no good when it is the focus instead of fiscal issues and freedoms. Sadly times are changing and so is the electorate. We either change with them or risk getting left behind.

Obama has put the social issues on the front burner and it seems we can't stop putting our hands on the red hot things. Then we sit and wonder why we got burned.

We must focus on getting our country on fiscally sound footings or all the social issues will be moot.

1. Restore balance of power between states and federal government.

2. Force localities to observe the 2nd amendment (NYC I'm looking at you)

3. Remove redundant agencies at the federal level, or at a minimum turn them into agencies that only create national standards for state agencies. Remove pass through funding from these agencies.

4. Balanced budget amendment with provisions for time of war and recessions lasting more than 4 quarters.

5. Appoint justices that are strict intepreters of the consitution, removing the "creation" of rights in the consitution. Force people who want rights recognized to go through the amendment process. This also prevents courts from curtailing our rights without using the amemdnment process

6. High level gutting of the DOD to streamline buracracy, and get more money to the "tip of the spear" rather than the people who decide what model of spear to use, and the 2000 pages of documentation on how to get the spear.

7. Simplify the tax code.

Still thinking of others....

I think, it's the way social issues are being discussed, not the issues themselves. Half the nation is pro-life, plently of people are agaisnt gay marriage. You can be a pro-life candidate without alienating pro-choice voters, and I think you can be agaisnt gay marriage and still win over people who disagree.

I feel like the GOP is just bad at PR. They have some loud mouths who the dems have done a good job of making moderates feel are the voice of the GOP. They have spent the last 8 years on the defensive, letting dems dictate the conversation.

Balanced Budget amendment.
Federal spending capped at 18% of GDP.
Term Limits.
Enforcement of the 10th amendment - The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I see a lot of great positions. Problem is we have to translate those positions into votes. With much of the public being ignorant of the isses at hand how exactly do we do that?

This is a complex question, and unlike yourself, we dont copypasta whatever drivel we can look up on PROGRESSIVERAGBLOGOFTHEWEEK and then reference incessantly to it.

30+ minutes?

Again I dont hemmorage insipid drivel like you are capable of. I also use these posts as mental breaks during work, so yes, there can be time for a response.

Want quick responses go to live chat.

Since you'd like to see this as the platform, I assume you're confident a GOP candidate could successfully sell this package to the electorate?

I have yet to see any ideas from them yet that would put them in line the the majority of American voters

30+ minutes?

Why do you assume every conservative is sitting here looking at this thread right now?

Stop being an idiot

Forum List

Back