What would Liberals eat?

I think the case could be made for not allowing the sale of sugary items to minors outside of school as well.

like with tabacco

[

oh you already forgot that you claimed cheesy sauced weren't allowed and then were shown that they are?

You pathetic moron - I said that the calorie, fat, and salt restrictions meant that such menu items not likely to be part of a school menu. The portions would have to be miniscule, and would be rather unappetizing.

One cup of fettucini alfredo has over 400 calories - that's not much of a portion to a high schooler. With an 850 calorie limitation, kids who are active aren't getting enough fuel. I'm pretty sure that you've never encountered that issue - so your lack of empathy is understandable.

Sad that you keep calling me names as you refuse to even consider evidence that counters your preformed ideological (or is that idiotic) opinion.

For one thing, if you would even READ the fucking standards (which by the way YOU posted a link to) you would realize that a school can serve any fucking thing it wants (hey guess what, next Friday our school is serving Pizza Hutt pizza)

The OVS standards don't say SHIT about that, all they do say is that we can't be reimbursed with federal money for those meals because they don't meet OVS standards.

You ma'am , and all the other nitwits crying about this are MORONS, no you're worse than morons, you're possibly retarded.

Listen carefully, you're school can say "no thanks" to OVS in part , or in whole. But if your school wants that WIC money, they only get reimbursed for meals which meet the requirements.

Now onto your specific stupid claim that cheesy sauces can't meet OVS requirements.......

9-12 grade students may be serve 750-850 calories at lunch.
Actually They MUST be served at least 750 calories

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/LAC_03-06-12_0.pdf

Along with that the meal must be < 10% saturated fat , and starting next year <740 mg of sodium

this recipe

School Cafeteria Mac and Cheese Recipe from CDKitchen.com

contains

404 calories, 24 grams fat, 31 grams carbohydrates, 17 grams protein per serving.

so, let's see here. oh it has protein in it, so therefor according to OVS standards it COULD be counted as a meat substitute, but hey for fun let's throw some tuna in there, kids love tuna mac.

tuna adds about 150 calories to the recipe . 1 gram of fat and 521 mg of sodium

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Fish tuna light canned in water drained solids

Now you add all that up and you have 8 oz of cheesy pasta, with 5.5 ounces of tuna a salad, and a milk and you have a meal that meets ALL of the OVS requirements, has plenty of calories to fill kids up, and guess what, tastes good to!!!!

I reiterate, you are a moron.

You are a blithering idiot who cannot read for either comprehension or retention. There are some small, inactive teenagers for whom the standards are not an issue. I mentioned physically active ones, boys in particular - who if they are doing sports require 3,000+ calories per day. The Michelle O program is thoroughly inadequate for such kids.

And now, toodles. I don't see any point in trying to have any further interaction with such a loathsome person.

I'm just not seeing what the big deal is for wanting kids to eat healthier. Most kids are out of school by 3:30 PM, so that gives you approx 6 hours to shove shit in their fat little faces. Is that not enough time to feed em shit?

You are a blithering idiot who cannot read for either comprehension or retention. There are some small, inactive teenagers for whom the standards are not an issue. I mentioned physically active ones, boys in particular - who if they are doing sports require 3,000+ calories per day. The Michelle O program is thoroughly inadequate for such kids.

And now, toodles. I don't see any point in trying to have any further interaction with such a loathsome person.

You are an idiot. I have proven beyond DOUBT that EVERYTHING you claimed about this program was WRONG.

and now you just doubled down on stupid. School lunches were not 3,000 calories BEFORE this law went into effect.

You are an idiot ma'am.

Now, go try to change the goal posts again and convince us that you were really arguing something else.

Fucking stupid child, can't even admit that shim has been proven wrong that cheesy sauces CAN be part of lunch under this program.

PS - the only one who has done or said anythng loathsome in this thread is you, and you know it.

Just admit you're butthurt because I kicked your ass all over this thread and move on.

I really have to return to this, because I can't believe you are so stupid as to believe that school lunches previously contained anywhere NEAR 3000 calories.

This thread is cracking me up!!!
its cracking this guy up too.....

bwahaha.gif

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.
Rightie, without "Washington bureacrats" telling you what you're eating, you wouldn't even know. It's because of them that food products are labeled with ingredients. It's because of them that expiration dates are stamped on perishable food items. It's because of them that it's illegal to misrepresent the ingredients in food products. There are many laws protecting folks from unscrupulous food suppliers who would sell you rotten foods if they could. Now we have a case where the government, which is responsible for kids' during school hours, is seeking to serve healthier lunches to the kids they are responsible for.

And by the way, no one is forced to eat healthier lunches. If parents want to shove doughnuts and coke down their kids' throats, they're still free to do so. They just have to supply their own kids with it.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.

Fine, then you pry it from her cold dead hands.

958cfb7691837d24a0955de90ae234ecc01223446b3b1b2b7d59636885cb0b7e.jpg

Liberal parents must be too dumb to instruct their offspring in such matters. Leave it up to some clueless civil servant to inform the kiddies... Precious.

Ah, progressive totalitarians need to watch over us all..... For our own good !
The dimwitted little darlings know whats best for everyone... Lol

I'm just not seeing what the big deal is for wanting kids to eat healthier. Most kids are out of school by 3:30 PM, so that gives you approx 6 hours to shove shit in their fat little faces. Is that not enough time to feed em shit?
Right, what next, kids can't be served alcohol at school lunches?

Right, what next, kids can't be served alcohol at school lunches?

:nono:

No mouthwash at schools. Don't you know, it's not good for you.

Maybe a special mandate?

:razz:

Forum List

Back