What would you do with the second amendment?

What should be done with the second amendment?

• Repeal it and replace it with an amendment banning all guns in private hands

• Repeal it and give Congress unlimited power over regulating guns, including banning them

• Give States the power to decide what their gun rights and restrictions should be

• Leave it, Congress already regulates guns, but they should not have the power to ban them

• Follow the second amendment and declare most or all current gun regulations Unconstitutional

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is only one way to have an Organized Militia according to the 2nd amendment. That would be a State Guard with all members not subject to being able to be called up by the Federal Government. AFter Hurricane Katrina, the Feds swept into Texas and tried to take control. The Texas Governor put the State Guard Commander in charge of it all and informed the Feds they were UNDER the State Guard. The Feds had to conform. The Texas State Militia was in charge. And they knew how to do it much better than the Feds. Meanwhile, in Louisiana which had no State Guard, the Feds took charge and made a friggin mess out of just about everything and are still screwing the pooch there. Today's Organized Militia is usually used in a State Emergency since much of their equipment has a dual role. But in the event of a Federal attempt at taking over a given state (not much chance of that happening) the State Guard would be there with enough numbers to at least put a dent in it and buy enough time for the rest of the nation to do a double take. AS I said, the chances of that happening are very slim since the only way that would happen would be if the US Military were to cooperate and there are some pretty serious rules written in the UCMJ (the Military Version of the Constitution of the United States) that would prevent it from happening.

But a State just might be able to bring that condition to bear by trying to secede from the Union and use force to do it. That would release Congress and POTUS from their restrictions and release the US Military from theirs. So, it could happen but not instigated by the Feds.
Your average State Militia would offer about as much of an obstruction to the Federal government as your average Girl Scout troop.

The Feds would take days to form up. The State Guards would from up within hours. The Texas State Guard could field at least 75,000 in a matter of hours and have them in place. Depending on the situtation, the News Groups might side with the State making it very uncomfortable for the Feds. But about the only way this could happen would be if a State were to try and leave the union and this would leave the Feds no choice but to put the attempt down. The Governor would be arrested as would much of his entire cabinet and the state congress. At that point, in a matter of day, that 75,000 wouldn't be much of an obstacle.
The federal military would never go against their own folk, They would tell the bureaucrats to fuck off

You know nothing about the Military Tradition, Culture, UCMJ, Oath that makes up the Military. If a state tries to break free and votes to do so, the entire State Government becomes enemies of the United States. And in the Oath that each and every service member has taken, they are to protect the Nation against enemies of the United States of America both Foreign and Domestic. I took that oath 5 times as many other did as well. In fact, every Military Person that ever served took the same exact oath. The US Congress would be well within their powers to send in the United States Military to Arrest the offending State Government to be held for trial by the Civilian Courts. And if it got bloody, the Federal Military would win that battle. You over estimate the support that your bunch of traitors would receive even in your own state. So far, two states have recently tried to vote to secede and both times the vote has failed. Even if it was successful, the Supreme Court would render the vote null and void. So it would boil down that it would either have to be forgotten about or it would have to be done using lethal force with your little bunch of traitors have no chance of winning.

Once more, you are trying to incite traitorous acts against the United States of America. You are no better than the pseudo Patriot idiot.

Not this shit again? He pulled the “you committed treason” shit on me on another thread. When asked to provide the link to my quote he cried like a stuck pig.

Paranoia runs deep in this one.

And you were doing the same rant. It's inciting treason, there cupcake. It's bordering on a Criminal Act. It's one step away from a criminal act. If any group were to follow up on those "Suggestions" then it would be a criminal act. Luckily, there aren't too many armed large group of nutcases that are willing to die to prove the points.

There are 3 of you that go about trying to incite an armed revolution. And the last time I checked, an armed revolution was Criminal. And THAT will get your guns seized for life. As well as a very long stay on the Feds and a new wife named Bubba.

Your average State Militia would offer about as much of an obstruction to the Federal government as your average Girl Scout troop.

The Feds would take days to form up. The State Guards would from up within hours. The Texas State Guard could field at least 75,000 in a matter of hours and have them in place. Depending on the situtation, the News Groups might side with the State making it very uncomfortable for the Feds. But about the only way this could happen would be if a State were to try and leave the union and this would leave the Feds no choice but to put the attempt down. The Governor would be arrested as would much of his entire cabinet and the state congress. At that point, in a matter of day, that 75,000 wouldn't be much of an obstacle.
The federal military would never go against their own folk, They would tell the bureaucrats to fuck off

You know nothing about the Military Tradition, Culture, UCMJ, Oath that makes up the Military. If a state tries to break free and votes to do so, the entire State Government becomes enemies of the United States. And in the Oath that each and every service member has taken, they are to protect the Nation against enemies of the United States of America both Foreign and Domestic. I took that oath 5 times as many other did as well. In fact, every Military Person that ever served took the same exact oath. The US Congress would be well within their powers to send in the United States Military to Arrest the offending State Government to be held for trial by the Civilian Courts. And if it got bloody, the Federal Military would win that battle. You over estimate the support that your bunch of traitors would receive even in your own state. So far, two states have recently tried to vote to secede and both times the vote has failed. Even if it was successful, the Supreme Court would render the vote null and void. So it would boil down that it would either have to be forgotten about or it would have to be done using lethal force with your little bunch of traitors have no chance of winning.

Once more, you are trying to incite traitorous acts against the United States of America. You are no better than the pseudo Patriot idiot.

Not this shit again? He pulled the “you committed treason” shit on me on another thread. When asked to provide the link to my quote he cried like a stuck pig.

And you were doing the same rant. It's inciting treason, there cupcake. It's bordering on a Criminal Act. It's one step away from a criminal act. If any group were to follow up on those "Suggestions" then it would be a criminal act. Luckily, there aren't too many armed large group of nutcases that are willing to die to prove the points.

There are 3 of you that go about trying to incite an armed revolution. And the last time I checked, an armed revolution was Criminal. And THAT will get your guns seized for life. As well as a very long stay on the Feds and a new wife named Bubba.

Wow, your story changes when you're flushed into the open. On 3 or 4 separate occasions you accused me of treasonous acts, now its "one step away"?

What changed Daryl?

Cuz, you can't find what you accused me of?

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

And yet another clear example of why the 2nd Amendment is the ultimate protector of the first.

Because there are people like Daryl in this world that would try to frighten PATRIOTS from using their freedom of speech. That can never be tolerated in a free society!

the only way this could happen would be if a State were to try and leave the union and this would leave the Feds no choice but to put the attempt down

It would? The Constitution is a document of specific enumerated Federal powers, and by the 9th and 10th amendments the rest are denied to the Federal government.

So where does the Constitution give the Feds the power from stopping a State from leaving the Union?

Also, our government was founded on John Locke's principles of consent of the governed. Obviously if a State is forced to remain in the Union, there is no legitimacy of Federal government since the people did not consent

I suggest you look back at 1861. It was already tried and failed.

Cool. Now answer the question, "So where does the Constitution give the Feds the power from stopping a State from leaving the Union?"

Precedence was set in 1861. Care to debate if that was wrong or right? A Civil War was fought to decide that.
So you don't see it in the constitution either. What does the 10th amendment say about that?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You can read anything into you wish including the States should issue all citizens hot beef sandwiches if it wishes.

But if you look at a couple of other Amendments you will see where it may be covered.

1st amendment: Article I, Section 10, which declares that “No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation

Article IV: All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation. I suggest you read the Articles of Confederation that specifically covered the subject. Because of Article IV, the US is still bound by the Articles of Confederation. And in the Articles of the Confederation it is clearly covered.

Before the 1850s, if a State felt it was unduly mistreated by the Federal Government, it would go into discussions of Seceding. Oftentimes, this would being change at the Federal Level. Until 1860, no State had ever felt it serious enough to go ahead with secession so it was a whole new world for everyone. Laws specifically weren't written to cover that. But hidden under all that gobbly gook they are there. What's not there is the repercussion of such an action. I believe the South took all choices of action away from the North at the point of attacking Ft. Sumpter. Before the Attack, things were negotiable like it always was in the past. It would have been a given and take from both sides.

Today, precedence has been set that if you want to secede from the nation, military force can be used by the Federal Government. That was set in 1861. It's such a dire method, I don't think any sane person even wishes to conceive of it except for our 3 Wanna Be Traitors. And that is why it's like that. I don't know why it isn't used more than it has been. We laugh at California for voting for Secession yet that was the way that the States got positive changes in the Federal Government prior to 1850. Can you imagine if a majority of the States were to put the secession on their voting ballots? It doesn't have to succeed, it just has to be presented. Today, the People we have in Congress and in the Presidency are so complacent that they believe that states will never do that. But it can be done successfully without war. If 36 states elect to do this then it's done. Not secession but a drastic change in the Federal Government and the Constitution making a completely different Nation.

So can Secession actually happen, I would say yes. Remember, it wasn't Lincoln that attacked the South. It was the South that took up military action against the United States of America. In affect, a criminal action. Yah, I know, I just went on the Jeb Stuart most likely to get beaten to a pulp list. But there are many, many steps that can be taken prior to secession actually happening. And I am surprised that the States haven't been doing those steps all along like it was done prior to 1850. I believe the Federal Government is even worse off in Complacency than it was in 1859 and needs to be taught a few lessons.

Yes, Lucille, I am a staunch States Rights Believer.

Wow, your story changes when you're flushed into the open. On 3 or 4 separate occasions you accused me of treasonous acts, now its "one step away"?

What changed Daryl?

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

And yet another clear example of why the 2nd Amendment is the ultimate protector of the first.

Because there are people like Daryl in this world that would try to frighten PATRIOTS from using their freedom of speech. That can never be tolerated in a free society!

You aren't a Patriot. You are a spoiled little child that is afraid someone might take your favorite lolly pop away from you. You would have to have courage to rate a full Traitor. Until then, all you do is pretend.

What changed Daryl?

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

You aren't a Patriot. You are a spoiled little child that is afraid someone might take your favorite lolly pop away from you. You would have to have courage to rate a full Traitor. Until then, all you do is pretend.

Yet, you made the charge. You say you have a duty to the Constitution, and that duty would include the duty of truthful testimony.

YET YOU CAN'T GIVE SAME?

Not a Patriot at all are you Daryl. Seems a bit self serving, not Patriotic in the least bit.

What changed Daryl?

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

Yet, you made the charge. You say you have a duty to the Constitution, and that duty would include the duty of truthful testimony.

YET YOU CAN'T GIVE SAME?

Not a Patriot at all are you Daryl. Seems a bit self serving, not Patriotic in the least bit.

Your Strawman argument is noted. Not go back to sucking on your favorite gun flavored lollypop.

It's the us government that has ignored the constitution. It is not legitimate and needs to be removed
It would? The Constitution is a document of specific enumerated Federal powers, and by the 9th and 10th amendments the rest are denied to the Federal government.

So where does the Constitution give the Feds the power from stopping a State from leaving the Union?

Also, our government was founded on John Locke's principles of consent of the governed. Obviously if a State is forced to remain in the Union, there is no legitimacy of Federal government since the people did not consent

Cool. Now answer the question, "So where does the Constitution give the Feds the power from stopping a State from leaving the Union?"

Precedence was set in 1861. Care to debate if that was wrong or right? A Civil War was fought to decide that.
So you don't see it in the constitution either. What does the 10th amendment say about that?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You can read anything into you wish including the States should issue all citizens hot beef sandwiches if it wishes.

But if you look at a couple of other Amendments you will see where it may be covered.

1st amendment: Article I, Section 10, which declares that “No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation

Article IV: All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation. I suggest you read the Articles of Confederation that specifically covered the subject. Because of Article IV, the US is still bound by the Articles of Confederation. And in the Articles of the Confederation it is clearly covered.

Before the 1850s, if a State felt it was unduly mistreated by the Federal Government, it would go into discussions of Seceding. Oftentimes, this would being change at the Federal Level. Until 1860, no State had ever felt it serious enough to go ahead with secession so it was a whole new world for everyone. Laws specifically weren't written to cover that. But hidden under all that gobbly gook they are there. What's not there is the repercussion of such an action. I believe the South took all choices of action away from the North at the point of attacking Ft. Sumpter. Before the Attack, things were negotiable like it always was in the past. It would have been a given and take from both sides.

Today, precedence has been set that if you want to secede from the nation, military force can be used by the Federal Government. That was set in 1861. It's such a dire method, I don't think any sane person even wishes to conceive of it except for our 3 Wanna Be Traitors. And that is why it's like that. I don't know why it isn't used more than it has been. We laugh at California for voting for Secession yet that was the way that the States got positive changes in the Federal Government prior to 1850. Can you imagine if a majority of the States were to put the secession on their voting ballots? It doesn't have to succeed, it just has to be presented. Today, the People we have in Congress and in the Presidency are so complacent that they believe that states will never do that. But it can be done successfully without war. If 36 states elect to do this then it's done. Not secession but a drastic change in the Federal Government and the Constitution making a completely different Nation.

So can Secession actually happen, I would say yes. Remember, it wasn't Lincoln that attacked the South. It was the South that took up military action against the United States of America. In affect, a criminal action. Yah, I know, I just went on the Jeb Stuart most likely to get beaten to a pulp list. But there are many, many steps that can be taken prior to secession actually happening. And I am surprised that the States haven't been doing those steps all along like it was done prior to 1850. I believe the Federal Government is even worse off in Complacency than it was in 1859 and needs to be taught a few lessons.

No, you're a subjugated believer. None of that said states can be forced to remain in the union. That's clearly not consent of the governed, the basis of the constitution

It's the us government that has ignored the constitution. It is not legitimate and needs to be removed

No, you're a subjugated believer. None of that said states can be forced to remain in the union. That's clearly not consent of the governed, the basis of the constitution

It's all in whom is interpreting it. Is it enough to go to war with? Does either side act on it that way? That was the way it happened in 1861. Let's face it, our Nation was one sick puppy in those days and probably needed to do a complete rethink all sides. Neither side would give an inch. It took a war and hundreds of thousands of lives and 4 long years to get those changes. And it just wasn't the South that made changes, it was the North as well.

We can try it in the Courts. But that was tried until 1861 as well and failed. The South determined that there was little else it could do. Even Secession was not enough. The North could just freeze it out. NO State can stand alone economically. And a large part of the cause of the Secession were due to economics for the South who believed they had nothing to lose. In the North's mind it was about Slavery because that was what they were told. The South was told it was bout Economics because that was what they were told. It was about both. But it was destined to fail even if the South were never to take up arms. England was standing in the wings ready to become another Northern style master so nothing would have changed.

Yes, a State can Secede but I really wouldn't suggest it unless the majority of the other states were willing to do it at the same time. Otherwise, it would threaten the Federal Congress and POTUS's power and they might use the clauses I pointed out to use the Federal Troops to arrest what they believe to be the Treasonous Leaders. And since it would also be jeapordizing the power of the Supreme Court, can you wonder which side they would be on? At that point, the other States would be put on notice that Secession would not be tolerated. Not a world that I would like to be living in.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

It may require the creation of an Office of Sergeant Major General for Official Dogma.
Tenemos una Segunda Enmienda y no debería haber problemas de seguridad en nuestros Estados libres.

Puede requerir la creación de una Oficina del Sargento Mayor General para el Dogma Oficial.

It's all in whom is interpreting it. Is it enough to go to war with? Does either side act on it that way? That was the way it happened in 1861. Let's face it, our Nation was one sick puppy in those days and probably needed to do a complete rethink all sides. Neither side would give an inch. It took a war and hundreds of thousands of lives and 4 long years to get those changes. And it just wasn't the South that made changes, it was the North as well.

We can try it in the Courts. But that was tried until 1861 as well and failed. The South determined that there was little else it could do. Even Secession was not enough. The North could just freeze it out. NO State can stand alone economically. And a large part of the cause of the Secession were due to economics for the South who believed they had nothing to lose. In the North's mind it was about Slavery because that was what they were told. The South was told it was bout Economics because that was what they were told. It was about both. But it was destined to fail even if the South were never to take up arms. England was standing in the wings ready to become another Northern style master so nothing would have changed.

Yes, a State can Secede but I really wouldn't suggest it unless the majority of the other states were willing to do it at the same time. Otherwise, it would threaten the Federal Congress and POTUS's power and they might use the clauses I pointed out to use the Federal Troops to arrest what they believe to be the Treasonous Leaders. And since it would also be jeapordizing the power of the Supreme Court, can you wonder which side they would be on? At that point, the other States would be put on notice that Secession would not be tolerated. Not a world that I would like to be living in.
hi
We have a criminal government that ignores the constitution and should be overthrown

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

It may require the creation of an Office of Sergeant Major General for Official Dogma.
Tenemos una Segunda Enmienda y no debería haber problemas de seguridad en nuestros Estados libres.

Puede requerir la creación de una Oficina del Sargento Mayor General para el Dogma Oficial.
thank goodness for the Spanish language translator on Google; it makes things seem better, for some reason. Maybe some Latin based language.

And, the Point is, my dear, right winger; that we should have no security problems in our free States.

Our Second Amendment is very clear.

hi
We have a criminal government that ignores the constitution and should be overthrown
We have a First Amendment; put it in Writing.

Ban guns and join the civilised world. If not, keep counting the bodies and make sure you have enough plastic bags.

Get caught with Arms, get automatically enrolled in the militia most local to your home.

Block private could lead to Block captain.

I make a motion for special battalions to engage in this special pleading.

Ostensibly, to increase our security such that we have no need for alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror.

Ban guns and join the civilised world. If not, keep counting the bodies and make sure you have enough plastic bags.

Like Australia did? The result was rape at historic levels. You mean women getting raped is civilized?

Where ya from Bloke? Putting another shrimp on the barbie, you rascal?

Like Australia did? The result was rape at historic levels. You mean women getting raped is civilized?

Where ya from Bloke? Putting another shrimp on the barbie, you rascal?

Just keep making it up as you go. And keep licking that gun flavored Lollypop.

Lol
if it came down to Left/right war so to speak, along the lines of firearm confiscation.
Courts would not matter whatsoever there would be millions dead on both sides…
Of course we take an oath, We all do when we joined. But the constitution is what’s important not the federal government....

Once again, your scenario is that of a wet dream. Your fondest wet dream of a left/right revolution where the left is trying to seize all the guns of the right just can't happen. Once again, you ignore the Constitution and other laws to suit yourself in promoting your treasonous acts. If it came down to the Government seizing your arms it would be because you are doing a treasonous act. If you are a law abiding Citizen, there is no reason under the laws for them to seize your weapons within reason. But as long as you keep bringing up promoting treasonous acts, yes, there is a possibility that it can happen. You would be a criminal and criminals get their weapons seized.
The federal government and the constitution are two different things, they really don’t have anything to do with each other…

Forum List

Back