What would you do with the second amendment?

What should be done with the second amendment?

• Repeal it and replace it with an amendment banning all guns in private hands

• Repeal it and give Congress unlimited power over regulating guns, including banning them

• Give States the power to decide what their gun rights and restrictions should be

• Leave it, Congress already regulates guns, but they should not have the power to ban them

• Follow the second amendment and declare most or all current gun regulations Unconstitutional

Results are only viewable after voting.
“…militias have been replaced by professional armies and police forces…”

Which is why the Heller Court held that the right to possess a handgun was an individual right, unconnected to militia service.

Because state militia have been obsolete for over a century, so too was the justification of private citizens possessing firearms in order to serve in the militia obsolete, where in theory government could aggressively regulate firearms along the lines of NFA Class III weapons, or prohibit the possession of firearms altogether.

“…militias have been replaced by professional armies and police forces…”

Which is why the Heller Court held that the right to possess a handgun was an individual right, unconnected to militia service.

Because state militia have been obsolete for over a century, so too was the justification of private citizens possessing firearms in order to serve in the militia obsolete, where in theory government could aggressively regulate firearms along the lines of NFA Class III weapons, or prohibit the possession of firearms altogether.

I bet the government never has the nerve to try and repeal the 2A. They just don't have the stones

-Geaux

The Feds would take days to form up. The State Guards would from up within hours. The Texas State Guard could field at least 75,000 in a matter of hours and have them in place. Depending on the situtation, the News Groups might side with the State making it very uncomfortable for the Feds. But about the only way this could happen would be if a State were to try and leave the union and this would leave the Feds no choice but to put the attempt down. The Governor would be arrested as would much of his entire cabinet and the state congress. At that point, in a matter of day, that 75,000 wouldn't be much of an obstacle.
The federal military would never go against their own folk, They would tell the bureaucrats to fuck off

You know nothing about the Military Tradition, Culture, UCMJ, Oath that makes up the Military. If a state tries to break free and votes to do so, the entire State Government becomes enemies of the United States. And in the Oath that each and every service member has taken, they are to protect the Nation against enemies of the United States of America both Foreign and Domestic. I took that oath 5 times as many other did as well. In fact, every Military Person that ever served took the same exact oath. The US Congress would be well within their powers to send in the United States Military to Arrest the offending State Government to be held for trial by the Civilian Courts. And if it got bloody, the Federal Military would win that battle. You over estimate the support that your bunch of traitors would receive even in your own state. So far, two states have recently tried to vote to secede and both times the vote has failed. Even if it was successful, the Supreme Court would render the vote null and void. So it would boil down that it would either have to be forgotten about or it would have to be done using lethal force with your little bunch of traitors have no chance of winning.

Once more, you are trying to incite traitorous acts against the United States of America. You are no better than the pseudo Patriot idiot.
Lol
if it came down to Left/right war so to speak, along the lines of firearm confiscation.
Courts would not matter whatsoever there would be millions dead on both sides…
Of course we take an oath, We all do when we joined. But the constitution is what’s important not the federal government....

Once again, your scenario is that of a wet dream. Your fondest wet dream of a left/right revolution where the left is trying to seize all the guns of the right just can't happen. Once again, you ignore the Constitution and other laws to suit yourself in promoting your treasonous acts. If it came down to the Government seizing your arms it would be because you are doing a treasonous act. If you are a law abiding Citizen, there is no reason under the laws for them to seize your weapons within reason. But as long as you keep bringing up promoting treasonous acts, yes, there is a possibility that it can happen. You would be a criminal and criminals get their weapons seized.
The federal government and the constitution are two different things, they really don’t have anything to do with each other…

And you have nothing to say either. Go back to licking your gun flavored lollypop.

The federal military would never go against their own folk, They would tell the bureaucrats to fuck off

You know nothing about the Military Tradition, Culture, UCMJ, Oath that makes up the Military. If a state tries to break free and votes to do so, the entire State Government becomes enemies of the United States. And in the Oath that each and every service member has taken, they are to protect the Nation against enemies of the United States of America both Foreign and Domestic. I took that oath 5 times as many other did as well. In fact, every Military Person that ever served took the same exact oath. The US Congress would be well within their powers to send in the United States Military to Arrest the offending State Government to be held for trial by the Civilian Courts. And if it got bloody, the Federal Military would win that battle. You over estimate the support that your bunch of traitors would receive even in your own state. So far, two states have recently tried to vote to secede and both times the vote has failed. Even if it was successful, the Supreme Court would render the vote null and void. So it would boil down that it would either have to be forgotten about or it would have to be done using lethal force with your little bunch of traitors have no chance of winning.

Once more, you are trying to incite traitorous acts against the United States of America. You are no better than the pseudo Patriot idiot.
Lol
if it came down to Left/right war so to speak, along the lines of firearm confiscation.
Courts would not matter whatsoever there would be millions dead on both sides…
Of course we take an oath, We all do when we joined. But the constitution is what’s important not the federal government....

Once again, your scenario is that of a wet dream. Your fondest wet dream of a left/right revolution where the left is trying to seize all the guns of the right just can't happen. Once again, you ignore the Constitution and other laws to suit yourself in promoting your treasonous acts. If it came down to the Government seizing your arms it would be because you are doing a treasonous act. If you are a law abiding Citizen, there is no reason under the laws for them to seize your weapons within reason. But as long as you keep bringing up promoting treasonous acts, yes, there is a possibility that it can happen. You would be a criminal and criminals get their weapons seized.
The federal government and the constitution are two different things, they really don’t have anything to do with each other…

And you have nothing to say either. Go back to licking your gun flavored lollypop.
From the gun-banning commie who voted for this:

"Repeal it and give Congress unlimited power over regulating guns, including banning them"

:dance:

...It's the us government that has ignored the constitution. It is not legitimate and needs to be removed...
Here we see Right Wing Madness in its extreme form... advocating the overthrow of the United States government.

...None of that said states can be forced to remain in the union. That's clearly not consent of the governed, the basis of the constitution
This matter was settled, April 9, 1865, at Appomattox Court House in Virginia.

You cut out my point 2 that addressed your response to point 1, dumb ass liar.

I cut out anything that is a personal attack and stalking and try to pare your lame ass arguments down to salient points. Admittedly, after I do that, there usually isn't much left to discuss.

And you have no answers for

I have a perfectly good answer.

First, we get rid of this DELUSION that gun ownership is a right.

Second, we hold the gun industry responsible when it gives a gun to a Nickolas Cruz. After they pay out a few seven figure judgments, they'll be totally paying attention to who they give guns to.

Right now, they WANT the crazies to have the guns, so the rest of you will be all scared and stuff and want guns to. It's a pretty simple business model. Totally degenerate and evil, but simple.

What to do with the Second Amendment?

31EOAenhlJL._SY450_.jpg

...It's the us government that has ignored the constitution. It is not legitimate and needs to be removed...
Here we see Right Wing Madness in its extreme form... advocating the overthrow of the United States government.

...None of that said states can be forced to remain in the union. That's clearly not consent of the governed, the basis of the constitution
Read the 10th amendment

You cut out my point 2 that addressed your response to point 1, dumb ass liar.

I cut out anything that is a personal attack and stalking and try to pare your lame ass arguments down to salient points. Admittedly, after I do that, there usually isn't much left to discuss.

And you have no answers for

I have a perfectly good answer.

First, we get rid of this DELUSION that gun ownership is a right.

Second, we hold the gun industry responsible when it gives a gun to a Nickolas Cruz. After they pay out a few seven figure judgments, they'll be totally paying attention to who they give guns to.

Right now, they WANT the crazies to have the guns, so the rest of you will be all scared and stuff and want guns to. It's a pretty simple business model. Totally degenerate and evil, but simple.
You cut out the answer to your question. I'll explain to you how to write English again when I'm back on my computer. You're welcome

Read the 10th amendment

Read the 10th amendment
So you're not going to read the actual constitution. Got it

Read the 10th amendment
So you're not going to read the actual constitution. Got it
Read it.

Assessed it.

The right to secede does not exist.

April 9, 1865, Appomattox Court House, Virginia.

So you are "stalking" me when you respond to my posts? That's creepy

No, man, Stalking is when you talk about the other person's personal life instead of the subject of the thread.

Happy to have cleared that up for you.
Remembering your lies is stalking. Hmm. No, actually it's not. A dictionary isn't in your past or future is it?

Forum List

Back