What Would You Do?

It can become class action, multiple plaintiffs...legal costs. It could cost millions. But lets go back to the back pay only comment....care to backtrack?

Edit: And I doubt the man above was making close 6 figures. Add legal costs, time and effort...that 675,000 verdict cost at least a million.

Over the hypothetical postings of one guy on the internet? Seriously?

Dude, you need to stop with the drugs.

Tell me again..can a fired employee win more than back wages?

Tell me again how a company might be on the hook for millions of dollars for firing a single employee over hypothetical post on the internet.

Incredible how petty and trivial PC Nazis can be, finding somebody on Facebook expressing an opinion and then spending energy on trying to get them fired, just for the little juvenile power trip and thrills. Reminds me of the little hall monitor weasels in grade school.

Yeah, but when someone's individual rights become a liability to a company, why should they continue to employ them. Example...there is a discrimination lawsuit - a gay guy claims he was fired because he wears panty hose to work (Im just making this up). One of the supervisors (who isn't involved at all) is found to post anti-gay rants on USMB. The gay guy has a good lawyer and finds this and uses those comments against the company...potentially costing them millions.

This is key. Each individual case would have to be decided by management. There is no blanket answer.

Liberals don't want companies to have rights. That's the whole point.

Forum List

Back