What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

These are the professions which need licensing in Florida.

Bloggers or any other journalist isn't on there.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state...

160 (2) If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state
161 officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that
162 post, the blogger must register with the appropriate office, as
163 identified in paragraph (1)(f), within 5 days after the first
164 post by the blogger which mentions an elected state officer.

This is a business license and allows the state to collect tax in relation to same.
This is no more unconstitutional than sales taxes on firearms.

This is a business license and allows the state to collect tax in relation to same.
It has nothing to do with taxes. Florida doesn't even have income taxes.

why would since that's what desantis wants to incorporate. Right? isn't that the OP?
It's not DeSantis's bill, but whatever.

It's pretty weird that they want to have licenses to engage in speech.

160 (2) If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state
161 officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that
162 post, the blogger must register with the appropriate office, as
163 identified in paragraph (1)(f), within 5 days after the first
164 post by the blogger which mentions an elected state officer.

No, that isnt right as pointed out. Income is taxed as earned and no one needs to register based on who their customers are... Shit.. Citizens United keeps companies anonymous... much less individuals. However, how about we tax opinion pieces based on who they are an opinion about? That is just as dumb and just as unconstitutional - Similar to trying a poll tax.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
It's unconstitutional, moron.

It's not DeSantis's bill, but whatever.

It's pretty weird that they want to have licenses to engage in speech.
it's not what it says, it says you have to have a license if you want to make money. you fkers really aren't good at this shit are you?

No, that isnt right as pointed out. Income is taxed as earned and no one needs to register based on who their customers are... Shit.. Citizens United keeps companies anonymous... much less individuals. However, how about we tax opinion pieces based on who they are an opinion about? That is just as dumb and just as unconstitutional - Similar to trying a poll tax.
what the fk are you spewing again? oh yeah, nonsense. If you want to make money, get a license, Most states require it. I have already posted that in here, you fking dummass!!!!!!

I swear, for demofks and Gore extremists, you still don't know about his internet he built.

it's not what it says, it says you have to have a license if you want to make money. you fkers really aren't good at this shit are you?
Freedom of speech applies whether you're being paid or not.

You fuckers want people to tell the government when they're talking about them. For what?

Freedom of speech applies whether you're being paid or not.

You fuckers want people to tell the government when they're talking about them. For what?
Nope, changes when you want to make a buck!! I know you can’t understand, even after I showed all the states that do it! All I can say is stay stupid and shut up about it

Nope, changes when you want to make a buck!! I know you can’t understand, even after I showed all the states that do it! All I can say is stay stupid and shut up about it
Nope. No other state requires people who write blog posts on the governor tell the governor who compensated them and how much they were paid.

what the fk are you spewing again? oh yeah, nonsense. If you want to make money, get a license, Most states require it. I have already posted that in here, you fking dummass!!!!!!

I swear, for demofks and Gore extremists, you still don't know about his internet he built.
You only need a license to blog something about a state government official. That’s 100% illegal. I can say whatever I want about a government official within the laws of libel. If you want to sue me go ahead but no one, I mean no one, can make me register to post my opinion on a blog. Fuck you and Desantis.

You only need a license to blog something about a state government official. That’s 100% illegal. I can say whatever I want about a government official within the laws of libel. If you want to sue me go ahead but no one, I mean no one, can make me register to post my opinion on a blog. Fuck you and Desantis.
Thanks for demonstrating the idiot you really are!! Next time answer my post rather than rant your fking nonsense

Nope. No other state requires people who write blog posts on the governor tell the governor who compensated them and how much they were paid.
I posted the states laws. It’s okay, you’re obviously frustrated your ass was handed to you. Pooo baby

Forum List

Back