What's the Fear?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Why are Republicans willing to risk political suicide over ObamaCare?
:dunno:

Are y'all THAT scared it will improve things?

Here's a couple of quick questions:

Why are the Republican now the ones willing to talk? Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?

Plus one more:

Just what exactly has it improved thus far?

First of all, this is a republican question - fuck the democrats.

Basic question for republicans: Y'all happy with your leadership right now?

I mean... if the law is THAT bad... why not just let it implode after implementation?

Fuck the Democrats and their anti business machine.

Well Hell yeah. I agree. Fuck the Democrats.

No I'm not happy with Boner, who was forced to fight instead of choosing to do so. I think he will cave in. I'd rather have the General from the airborn in Bastone. Who stated "NUTS" to the Germans when asked to surrender in WWII.

But that's just me.

I asked you a direct question AVG, why are you avoiding it? That was a bit inconsiderate. Are you afraid to give me an answer? Not being a member of either party, I left the republican side for the lack of real leadership.

But then again, the way you worded the question: "Are we THAT scared it will improve things?" suggested you thought we were afraid of the law actually working as it was designed to. I am more inclined to believe that the OP is a liberal condescending to conservatives for supporting the shutdown of the government to kill Obamacare.

Last edited:

I mean... if the law is THAT bad... why not just let it implode after implementation?

If the law is so good as you claim, then why did the Dems post pone the employer mandate for a year............

Secondly, by what authority did you do so. Did Congress Change the law to allow this.........................

No, you did it arbitrarily against the rule of law.

The Taxes for the employer mandate are causing Business to adjust primarily in the area of Part Time Workers. So much so that even the Unions are rebelling against the law. Therefore Obama and gang attempted to LESSEN THE IMPACT by TEMPORARYILY removing it until after next years elections.

Typical Liberals. Refuse to follow the rule of law they passed, as they try to find a way to exempt their buddies from it.

Finally, why did they even include the 30 hour issue in the first place. By doing so they gave all the companies a way out, which is STUPID to begin with.

They would have better off assessing a standard fee per worker which is uniform across the board to pay for the Damn thing.

But Libs are ignorant and Stupid people, and create a law so full of holes that it looks like swiss cheese.

Why are the Republican now the ones willing to talk? Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?

Plus one more:

Why should the Democrats "negotiate" on settled law just because the crazy wing of the GOP can't get what they want legislatively?

Do you really think this is a precedent you want to set just in case there is ever a chance of a GOP president ever again? (not looking likely, but there's always a chance)

Would you support the GOP "negotiating" if a Democratic speaker, who could not get their "agenda" passed legislatively, just decided to shut down the government when they couldn't get their way? You'd be behind that would you, especially if they telegraphed for months that they were going to shut down the government if they didn't get their way? You'd be onboard with that?

I asked you a direct question AVG, why are you avoiding it? That was a bit inconsiderate. Are you afraid to give me an answer? Not being a member of either party, I left the republican side for the lack of real leadership.

But then again, the way you worded the question: "Are we THAT scared it will improve things?" suggested you thought we were afraid of the law actually working as it was designed to. I am more inclined to believe that the OP is a liberal condescending to conservatives for supporting the shutdown of the government to kill Obamacare.

Well, first off, you asked three questions:

Plus one more:

Why are the Republican now the ones willing to talk?
How the hell am I supposed to know that? I'm not exactly 'tight' with them these days.
Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?
First off, not being privy to the White House Briefing Room, this is just speculation on my part... I don't see the democrats as scared... they seem to me to be holding firm, right or wrong, to a plan of action. I would say that the dems aren't negotiating in this situation because they don't have to.

There are a few stories out there...

Google Search: affordable care act success stories

And yes... I DO see the republicans as being in fear of potential success of the ACA - especially after successfully naming it "Obama Care" - quite the legacy if folks are still calling it that in 100 years. Especially for a president they'd just as soon forget.

If republicans thought it would fail on its own, wouldn't they leave it to do just that?

Plus one more:

Why should the Democrats "negotiate" on settled law just because the crazy wing of the GOP can't get what they want legislatively?

Do you really think this is a precedent you want to set just in case there is ever a chance of a GOP president ever again? (not looking likely, but there's always a chance)

Would you support the GOP "negotiating" if a Democratic speaker, who could not get their "agenda" passed legislatively, just decided to shut down the government when they couldn't get their way? You'd be behind that would you, especially if they telegraphed for months that they were going to shut down the government if they didn't get their way? You'd be onboard with that?

Because when Democrats passed this "law", they didn't include a way to fund it.

We don't have the money for this new welfare program. But you libs don't care....just borrow another trillion...that's your solution.

Fuck the Democrats and their anti business machine.

Well Hell yeah. I agree. Fuck the Democrats.

No I'm not happy with Boner, who was forced to fight instead of choosing to do so. I think he will cave in. I'd rather have the General from the airborn in Bastone. Who stated "NUTS" to the Germans when asked to surrender in WWII.

But that's just me.

What.......too lazy to look up his name? How typical. You fuckers love not to know.

Plus one more:

1. Well, why shouldn't they? Or does this show how closed minded and stubborn they are? "Its our way, or the government gets it!"

2. I didn't set any precedent. But Obama has set many precedents with his behavior already. Should the Republicans get supermajorities in both houses and a Republican President like you guys did, don't whine when they shove an anti abortion bill or something similar down the throats of Democrats.

3. Your paradoxes are convoluted. Applying a dilemma to me is pointless. Here's one, why are the Democrats willing to prolong the shutdown until the Republicans capitulate?

You never answered Joe"s question. Very inconsiderate.

Not being a member of either party? Why do you answer "we"?

You ought to thank Joe and Seawitch for giving you a serious reply. You don't deserve it.

Time for a little math.

Roughly 150 Million worker in the U.S.
Obamacare costs 1.8 TRILLION over 10 years, TWICE THE PRICE DEMS SAID IT WOULD BE.
Which means we need 180 BILLION a year to pay for it.
Dems STOLE 716 BILLION from Medicare to pay for it over 10 years.

So we need 1.084 TRILLION TO PAY for it.
Or $108,400,000,000 a year to pay for it.

Which would equal about $725 per year per employee if the tax was applied to all workers.......
Or roughly $60 a month Health Care Fee per employee irregardless of hours worked............

Not that I'm for this tax, but to state in numbers how the law could have been financed without the 30 rule............

Employer has 50 employees he would then pay $3,000 a month for all 50...........Under Obamacare the same employer could pay up to $150,000 if all their employees used the tax credit.

Which would be less damaging to that business................$3,000 a month or $150,000.

Brings me to my PRIMARY POINT.

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

If the law is so good as you claim, then why did the Dems post pone the employer mandate for a year............

Secondly, by what authority did you do so. Did Congress Change the law to allow this.........................

The Taxes for the employer mandate are causing Business to adjust primarily in the area of Part Time Workers. So much so that even the Unions are rebelling against the law. Therefore Obama and gang attempted to LESSEN THE IMPACT by TEMPORARYILY removing it until after next years elections.

Typical Liberals. Refuse to follow the rule of law they passed, as they try to find a way to exempt their buddies from it.

Finally, why did they even include the 30 hour issue in the first place. By doing so they gave all the companies a way out, which is STUPID to begin with.

They would have better off assessing a standard fee per worker which is uniform across the board to pay for the Damn thing.

But Libs are ignorant and Stupid people, and create a law so full of holes that it looks like swiss cheese.

You're ass-u-me-ing that I'm impressed with the ACA. You raise great points. Points, among others, that I for one would like to see a reasonable legislature iron out through debate and compromise.

Is the current republican strategy going to foment those discussions? I don't think so... nobody wants to negotiate with a gun to their head.

Well, first off, you asked three questions:

How the hell am I supposed to know that? I'm not exactly 'tight' with them these days.
Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?
First off, not being privy to the White House Briefing Room, this is just speculation on my part... I don't see the democrats as scared... they seem to me to be holding firm, right or wrong, to a plan of action. I would say that the dems aren't negotiating in this situation because they don't have to.

There are a few stories out there...

Google Search: affordable care act success stories

And yes... I DO see the republicans as being in fear of potential success of the ACA - especially after successfully naming it "Obama Care" - quite the legacy if folks are still calling it that in 100 years. Especially for a president they'd just as soon forget.

If republicans thought it would fail on its own, wouldn't they leave it to do just that?

First of all, I didn't ask you to play grammar Nazi, second, spare me these trumped up success stories. If it were so successful why can't anyone enter or enroll in the exchanges? Three, don't talk down to people like they're schoolchildren. If the law were left alone, and it did fail, just imagine how much time and effort our politicians would then be consuming just to clean it up.

Seems as if this law was passed rather hastily, seeing as how it never had proper funding. Obama had to pull 750 billion dollars out of Medicare just to pay for it. Gee, now that's throwing granny off a cliff.

You're ass-u-me-ing that I'm impressed with the ACA. You raise great points. Points, among others, that I for one would like to see a reasonable legislature iron out through debate and compromise.

Is the current republican strategy going to foment those discussions? I don't think so... nobody wants to negotiate with a gun to their head.

You give all indications that you think this law will succeed and it seemed to me you wanted it to, given that you just tried to pitch it to me, AVG. Have I caught you in a lie? Nobody likes being lied to. And this is exactly what you did, and what this law is doing. The cruel reality of this law is awaiting the unwitting masses just on the other side of the "submit" button.

Last edited:

Businesses don't want to pay out Millions with a gun to their head either.

I've just given a simple solution to the funding. UNIFORMITY of TAXATION is a key in passing laws to me. It should APPLY TO ALL OR NONE. Dem practice CLASS WARFARE and thus attack those they deem worthy of attacking in their tax strategies.

My simple solution to the tax issue is simply pass the tax UNIFORM TO THE POPULATION. If you have a job the employer pays a nominal tax based on numbers to pay for the law. Thus REDUCING THE IMPACT on the business community.

You give all indications that you think this law will succeed and it seemed to me you wanted it to, given that you just tried to pitch it to me, AVG. Have I caught you in a lie? Nobody likes being lied to. And this is exactly what you did, and what this law is doing. The cruel reality of this law is awaiting the unwitting masses just on the other side of the "submit" button.

Whoa! What riveting prose!

Joe has not lied to you, dummy. Just like the Doc was not lying to you the other day.

I am also not in favor of the employer mandate. It makes little sense. The law may still succeed, though. And...you'd better hope so. If shit goes back to the way it was, a slacker like you will never be able to get insurance.

Plus one more:

Because when Democrats passed this "law", they didn't include a way to fund it.

We don't have the money for this new welfare program. But you libs don't care....just borrow another trillion...that's your solution.

Uh, yeah they did actually. You think the GOP is trying to stop the medical device and tanning bed taxes for shits and giggles? http://www.acponline.org/advocacy/where_we_stand/assets/i2-how-is-the-aca-funded.pdf

The ACA lowers the deficit. http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176 I thought that was y'all's big bugaboo, the deficit.

Forum List

Back