What's the Fear?

I support the Constitution of the United States..................

It purposely gave the House the Power of the Purse.............

Obamacare is against the will of the people, which is why you guys lost the house.........

Madison stated it could be used as a Weapon with an out of control Gov't. We have an out of control Gov't with a shitty economy to boot.

YES shut it down and FORCE THE DAMN ISSUE.

So if a Democratic House does this to a GOP President, you're gonna be just peachy with it. Not that I believe the Democrats would ever do a ludicrous thing like this, but it's good to know you'll support it if they do. I won't, but they'll have yours. :rolleyes:

That is a non sequitur. Care to address my point? I hate when anyone abuses power. If you think that view is tainted by party affiliation, you're sorely mistaken.

:eusa_whistle:

So you're supporting ANY party shutting down the government over something they cannot do legislatively? You never answered my yes or no question about that...you just keep asking more of your own. Here it is again:

Do you support the party not in power shutting down the government over laws they cannot change through the legislative process, yes or no?

The GOP is cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Hey, this is what comes of getting in bed with the TEA PARTY.

You knew they were nuts when you welcomed them into the party.

Well now they're in control of your party.

:lol:

The GOP offered bills to fund certain areas of the Gov't. While we all know this is POLITICAL CHESS going on in DC, what purpose does Reid and the Dems have to not go ahead and pass these bills and send as many workers back to the job as possible.

They play the chess match, and refused the bills and leave people furloughed when they were offered their jobs back.

While I know these are chess moves, why NOT pass them and stop the damage to them....................

The dems don't want the suffering to stop. They refuse to fund these areas of common ground.

The House has the right to fund or not fund certain Legislation that has a harmful effect to our Nation.

The new Health Care Bill is doing great harm to our nation and needs to be gone or fixed and another one put in place that the majority of American agree on.

The Nation can not afford a new very large Government Program.

If the law is so good as you claim, then why did the Dems post pone the employer mandate for a year............

Secondly, by what authority did you do so. Did Congress Change the law to allow this.........................

No, you did it arbitrarily against the rule of law.

The Taxes for the employer mandate are causing Business to adjust primarily in the area of Part Time Workers. So much so that even the Unions are rebelling against the law. Therefore Obama and gang attempted to LESSEN THE IMPACT by TEMPORARYILY removing it until after next years elections.

Typical Liberals. Refuse to follow the rule of law they passed, as they try to find a way to exempt their buddies from it.

Finally, why did they even include the 30 hour issue in the first place. By doing so they gave all the companies a way out, which is STUPID to begin with.

They would have better off assessing a standard fee per worker which is uniform across the board to pay for the Damn thing.

But Libs are ignorant and Stupid people, and create a law so full of holes that it looks like swiss cheese.

You're ass-u-me-ing that I'm impressed with the ACA. You raise great points. Points, among others, that I for one would like to see a reasonable legislature iron out through debate and compromise.

Is the current republican strategy going to foment those discussions? I don't think so... nobody wants to negotiate with a gun to their head.

You give all indications that you think this law will succeed and it seemed to me you wanted it to, given that you just tried to pitch it to me, AVG. Have I caught you in a lie? Nobody likes being lied to. And this is exactly what you did, and what this law is doing. The cruel reality of this law is awaiting the unwitting masses just on the other side of the "submit" button.

I never said that the law would succeed. I've always said that Obama should have told Nancy to shove the ACA where the sun don't shine and come back with a true public option for him to sign.

The ACA is going to need a shitload of 'tweaking' over the next 50 years, and the sooner republicans stop whining about the law and start really discussing their concerns in the spirit of moving forward on compromise, the sooner the Affordable Care Act can be made affordable to the taxpayer.

If the law is so good as you claim, then why did the Dems post pone the employer mandate for a year............

Secondly, by what authority did you do so. Did Congress Change the law to allow this.........................

No, you did it arbitrarily against the rule of law.

The Taxes for the employer mandate are causing Business to adjust primarily in the area of Part Time Workers. So much so that even the Unions are rebelling against the law. Therefore Obama and gang attempted to LESSEN THE IMPACT by TEMPORARYILY removing it until after next years elections.

Typical Liberals. Refuse to follow the rule of law they passed, as they try to find a way to exempt their buddies from it.

Finally, why did they even include the 30 hour issue in the first place. By doing so they gave all the companies a way out, which is STUPID to begin with.

They would have better off assessing a standard fee per worker which is uniform across the board to pay for the Damn thing.

But Libs are ignorant and Stupid people, and create a law so full of holes that it looks like swiss cheese.

You're ass-u-me-ing that I'm impressed with the ACA. You raise great points. Points, among others, that I for one would like to see a reasonable legislature iron out through debate and compromise.

Is the current republican strategy going to foment those discussions? I don't think so... nobody wants to negotiate with a gun to their head.

Businesses don't want to pay out Millions with a gun to their head either.

I've just given a simple solution to the funding. UNIFORMITY of TAXATION is a key in passing laws to me. It should APPLY TO ALL OR NONE. Dem practice CLASS WARFARE and thus attack those they deem worthy of attacking in their tax strategies.

My simple solution to the tax issue is simply pass the tax UNIFORM TO THE POPULATION. If you have a job the employer pays a nominal tax based on numbers to pay for the law. Thus REDUCING THE IMPACT on the business community.

Fair and simple taxes, eh?

Hmmmmmmm.....
:eusa_think: Now where have I read that before...​
AVG-MOD First Post. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

1. Well, why shouldn't they? Or does this show how closed minded and stubborn they are? "Its our way, or the government gets it!"

2. I didn't set any precedent. But Obama has set many precedents with his behavior already. Should the Republicans get supermajorities in both houses and a Republican President like you guys did, don't whine when they shove an anti abortion bill or something similar down the throats of Democrats.

3. Your paradoxes are convoluted. Applying a dilemma to me is pointless. Here's one, why are the Democrats willing to prolong the shutdown until the Republicans capitulate?

The Democrats are not the ones saying "do this or the country gets it, the GOP is. They've been planning to do it for weeks. http://m.comedycentral.com/videos/video.rbml?id=2skfmh&nbck=999-001-001

My paradox is right on the money. Faux bobble heads like you would be apoplectic if Pelosi had said "defund Medicare part D or we will shut down the government".

You're the one citing Comedy Central to me as a legitimate source. Given that I'm 25 years of age, I wouldn't be too concerned about her doing anything to Medicare Part D. My grandmother would sure raise hell about it.

"The Democrats are not the ones saying 'do this or the country gets it' the GOP is."

Okay then, why aren't they at the table negotiating then?

Because, until ALL the idiots in congress do their fucking job and fund the government, there's not but one thing to talk about, and ObamaCare ain't it.

So if a Democratic House does this to a GOP President, you're gonna be just peachy with it. Not that I believe the Democrats would ever do a ludicrous thing like this, but it's good to know you'll support it if they do. I won't, but they'll have yours. :rolleyes:

That is a non sequitur. Care to address my point? I hate when anyone abuses power. If you think that view is tainted by party affiliation, you're sorely mistaken.

So you're supporting ANY party shutting down the government over something they cannot do legislatively? You never answered my yes or no question about that...you just keep asking more of your own. Here it is again:

Do you support the party not in power shutting down the government over laws they cannot change through the legislative process, yes or no?

Come on TK, this is just rude. I answered your questions, why won't you answer this one?

I've just given a simple solution to the funding. UNIFORMITY of TAXATION is a key in passing laws to me. It should APPLY TO ALL OR NONE. Dem practice CLASS WARFARE and thus attack those they deem worthy of attacking in their tax strategies.

My simple solution to the tax issue is simply pass the tax UNIFORM TO THE POPULATION. If you have a job the employer pays a nominal tax based on numbers to pay for the law. Thus REDUCING THE IMPACT on the business community.

Hmmmmmmm.....
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/194720-avg-mod-first-post.html

I'm discussing directly to Obamacare. Going for a Balanced Budget deal is completely different.

I've discussed that on other threads. Obamacare should not have included the 30 hour a week deal, and instead should have been uniform across the board to pay for the Damned thing, but alas it will be another DEFICIT MAKER.

The GOP is cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Hey, this is what comes of getting in bed with the TEA PARTY.

You knew they were nuts when you welcomed them into the party.

Well now they're in control of your party.

:lol:

Kind of sad, in a way... :(

Here's a couple of quick questions:

Why are the Republican now the ones willing to talk? Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?

Plus one more:

Just what exactly has it improved thus far?

Easy to answer that, you stupid ass. Someone with a kid in college can keep that kid on his health care program until said kid is 26, saving a good deal of money for the parents and kid.

Someone with an existing medical condition now can get health insurance.

Low income families can afford health insurance. Why else were the servors swamped on the first day of sign up?

Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm discussing directly to Obamacare. Going for a Balanced Budget deal is completely different.

I've discussed that on other threads. Obamacare should not have included the 30 hour a week deal, and instead should have been uniform across the board to pay for the Damned thing, but alas it will be another DEFICIT MAKER.

All the more reason to fund the fucking government. Until that happens, we can't start talking about those other things.

This is NOT rocket science.

Hmmmmmmm.....

All the more reason to fund the fucking government. Until that happens, we can't start talking about other things.

This is NOT rocket science.

Your side has refused to talk about it. It's our way or the highway.

Reason NOT TO FUND THEM. Compromise takes 2 sides. You refuse to defund Obamacare. Fine.

Make concessions in other areas then...........Where are they............

You are not going to get out of this without concessions.

No, no, no, Dude...

Job #1 for congress is to fund what's already on their plate.

Job #2 is to discuss the plate between budgets.

The 'murder of health care as we know it'?
:rolleyes:
Drama Prairie Dog goes :eek:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs]Drama Prairie Dog - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a couple of quick questions:

Why are the Republican now the ones willing to talk? Why are the Democrats scared of negotiating?

Plus one more:

Just what exactly has it improved thus far?

Because everyone blames them.

See above.

Forum List

Back