🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What's the point of being a Christian when Jesus isn't coming back?

I understand Judaism. The existence or lack thereof of Yhwh wouldn't really impact the culture, geopolitics, or tribal/superiority mindset. It frankly doesn't matter to the millions of Jews out there that there is never going to be a messiah or world to come. None of that effects the day to day. I can understand Islam for the exact same reasons. Christianity, on the other hand, baffles me. It doesn't create tribal ties between people. It very explicitly doesn't have a political message, though it's often used for political purposes anyway. It's solely focused on mythological events in the past leading up to an imminent grand supernatural finale in which each generation of Christians firmly believes they will play a leading role. Judaism doesn't really give a fuck about the world to come. Islam says it'll happen when it happens. Only Christians expect the end to come "this" generation, every generation for roughly the past 80. I just don't see the point in joining a religion like that that bases itself entirely around claims that are so obviously untrue.

Well you must be worried on some level or you wouldn't have bothered with this thread.
:chillpill:
I'm from the South. Religion affects my life.
How much you need to leave?

I understand Judaism. The existence or lack thereof of Yhwh
?
wouldn't really impact the culture, geopolitics, or tribal/superiority mindset. It frankly doesn't matter to the millions of Jews out there that there is never going to be a messiah or world to come. None of that effects the day to day. I can understand Islam for the exact same reasons. Christianity, on the other hand, baffles me. It doesn't create tribal ties between people. It very explicitly doesn't have a political message, though it's often used for political purposes anyway. It's solely focused on mythological events in the past leading up to an imminent grand supernatural finale in which each generation of Christians firmly believes they will play a leading role. Judaism doesn't really give a fuck about the world to come. Islam says it'll happen when it happens. Only Christians expect the end to come "this" generation, every generation for roughly the past 80. I just don't see the point in joining a religion like that that bases itself entirely around claims that are so obviously untrue.

I find its claims to be true.

"Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given."

Jesus never lied to me or let me down.
tmp_6072-wile-e-coyote-genius.gif.cf-470063442.jpg

I understand Judaism. The existence or lack thereof of Yhwh wouldn't really impact the culture, geopolitics, or tribal/superiority mindset. It frankly doesn't matter to the millions of Jews out there that there is never going to be a messiah or world to come. None of that effects the day to day. I can understand Islam for the exact same reasons. Christianity, on the other hand, baffles me. It doesn't create tribal ties between people. It very explicitly doesn't have a political message, though it's often used for political purposes anyway. It's solely focused on mythological events in the past leading up to an imminent grand supernatural finale in which each generation of Christians firmly believes they will play a leading role. Judaism doesn't really give a fuck about the world to come. Islam says it'll happen when it happens. Only Christians expect the end to come "this" generation, every generation for roughly the past 80. I just don't see the point in joining a religion like that that bases itself entirely around claims that are so obviously untrue.

Actually Christians have been claiming 'jesus is coming back in our life times' since the first generation after he died.

Your point is born out by 2000 years of 'just wait, it's real close now'. Every generation claims the same thing and there are preachers in every generation that prey on this sentiment to make money and it will never happen.

But the fear of death will get human beings to believe in anything and cling to that belief with eagle talon claws.

It's really astonishing what's the legacy of the most people - until Jesus will open the door of time again within the next 1 or 2 plankseconds or in some billion or trillion years. No doubt - he will come back - and if not ... Iet's seek him wherever he is.

He hasn't showed up for two thousand years now. The Ottoman Empire rose and fell in that time. We've seen two world wars and the birth of a planetwide virtual storehouse of the sum total of human knowledge since then. We've went from sacrificing children to the moon to walking on the damn thing since then. He wouldn't even recognize the world as it is now if he did show up this exact moment. It's pretty obvious he's not showing up, and it's just as obvious why.

He hasn't showed up for two thousand years now. The Ottoman Empire rose and fell in that time. We've seen two world wars and the birth of a planetwide virtual storehouse of the sum total of human knowledge since then. We've went from sacrificing children to the moon to walking on the damn thing since then. He wouldn't even recognize the world as it is now if he did show up this exact moment. It's pretty obvious he's not showing up, and it's just as obvious why.

He said he will come so he will come. Don't worry.

You do realize your grand children will be telling my grandchildren the same thing, right? "Nah, he said he'd come so he'll be coming any minute now. Aaany minute now..."

And, John of Patmos spoke for Jesus in Rev 22:7,12:

Behold, I (Jesus) come soon. Blessed is he who keeps the sayings of the prophecy of this book... I will return soon, and my reward with me, to give to every man according to his deeds. (is 2000 years soon?)
OOOPS!

Matthew 24:31-34? “Truly I say: THIS (doesn’t say 'that')GENERATION WILL NOT PASS AWAY UNTIL ALL THESE THINGS OCCUR.” (well the end didn’t happen and Jesus never returned in his generation with the reward)

NAS Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to
show to His bond-servants, the things which must shortly take place...

NAS Rev 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it;
for the time is near.

NAS Rev 1:9 I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation...

LIT Rev 1:19 "Write therefore the things which you have seen, and the
things which are, and the things which are about to occur after these things."

NAS Rev 3:11 'I am coming quickly...'

NAS Rev 22:6 And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must shortly take place.

NAS Rev 22:7 "And behold, I am coming quickly."

NAS Rev 22:10 And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the
prophecy of this book, for the time is near".

NAS Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming quickly..."

The bible makes it clear about the world NOT ENDING, but also about these false prophets who do not speak for G-d.

Ezekiel CH 13, Deut 18:20-22, Isa. 30:10, Jer. 5:30-31, 14:14, 23:16, 26, 31-32

Well you must be worried on some level or you wouldn't have bothered with this thread.
:chillpill:
There are a lot of folks out there who seem very worried about Jesus, they just keep posting troll threads, trying to disprove His existence, like that would make a difference in His existence, and these people consider themselves well-educated.
:haha:

Your reply to the OP's post backed by the NT I posted is that it's trolling then you just called your NT trolling and Jesus a troll.
If this is how you refute posts then you seem to be the one worried about Jesus, for what he said doesn't jive and that scares you into these tirades.

How many times have I asked you to orove Jesus exists through bringing him to the forum to defend himself?
If I can show up why can't he.
Where is he, when is he coming...is he affraid of debates? Is he busy combing Donald Trumps hair? Or is he caught up on
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' Hair?

Last edited:
Your reply to the OP's post backed by the NT I posted is that it's trolling then you just called your NT trolling and Jesus a troll.
If this is how you refute posts then you seem to be the one worried about Jesus, for what he said doesn't jive and that scares you into these tirades.

How many times have I asked you to orove Jesus exists through bringing him to the forum to defend himself?
Where is he, when is he coming...is he affraid of debates? Is he busy combing Donald Trumps hair? Or is he caught up on

He's probably waiting for Elijah to show up first and drink the fifth cup of wine at your next Passover Seder....or maybe the one after that......

Funny they use that verse in Malachi 4 because the context prior verse 4:4 talks about obeying the laws of Moses, which most Christians don't do.
So they are picking and chosing selectively the verses- imagine that, you just busted them.
But oh it gets better the verse after your verse says:
Malachi 4:6He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents
once again this is opposite Jesus teachings and sratements to divide familys especially parents and children. (cult technique).

Did Malachi mean the Elijah of 8xxbc or just a prophet named Elijah (common name?)
Christians cheat prophecy by claiming it neans liken to Elijah however John never challenged the Baal worshipers nor set up any contests challenges with the other Prophets.
If you could cheat like that then whoever it was that set up the Prophet challenge contest in 2001 in the Deja News Nostradamus newsgroup can claim to be Elijah and the one who secreted Mabus, knew of Saddam and the iminent gulf wars years ahead of any notion, and the only one who succeeded to find
Bin Laden & passing the challenge & beyond the challenge would be ......a modern day Edgar Cayce? A Modern day Nostradamus?
The Moshiach ben David?
Who would you say that Validated prophet is?

Last edited:

He's probably waiting for Elijah to show up first and drink the fifth cup of wine at your next Passover Seder....or maybe the one after that......

The messiah was supposed to do that the first time, no second time referred to, Jebus is another failed mentally ill "messiah"

"Jesus’ experiences can be potentially conceptualized within the framework of Paranoid Schizophrenia or Psychosis NOS. Other reasonable possibilities might include bipolar and schizoaffective disorders. … hyperreligiosity … Suicide-by-proxy is described as “any incident in which a suicidal individual causes his or her death to be carried out by another person. … a Supraphrenic” (The Role of Psychotic Disorders in Religious History Considered, Evan D. Murray, M.D. Miles G. Cunningham, M.D., Ph.D. Bruce H. Price, M.D., The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2012; 24:410-426)

Jesus already came back. He's a Mexican this time and he has way more disciples with him this time as well!

You do realize your grand children will be telling my grandchildren the same thing, right? "Nah, he said he'd come so he'll be coming any minute now. Aaany minute now..."

It seems to me I'm not able to understand your problem.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? You told me he could be coming at any time and we just need to have faith. Your children will tell my children more or less the same thing. Your grandchildren will tell my grandchildren that too. The pattern will keep repeating for the simple reason that he's never coming because he's dead and gone. His bones are probably dust by now.

Forum List

Back