What's wrong with smart guns?

As opposed to the anyone who picks it up gets to use it variety?
You mean like any other tool?

Yeah, why not?

Interesting. How many children have accidentally hammered themselves to death?

Kids...and how they die in the United States...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Kids murdered by guns....

under 1: 12
age 1-4: 39

age 5-14: 142

total gun murder of children.....193

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135

murder of children by other means.....703
Now, if even if you include gun accidents into the total.....

you are still wrong....

Accidental death by gun for children....

under 1: 3
age 1-4: 27
age 5-14: 39

Total accidental gun death for kids 2013....69
As opposed to the anyone who picks it up gets to use it variety?
You mean like any other tool?

Yeah, why not?

Interesting. How many children have accidentally hammered themselves to death?

you are still wrong....

Huge pdf, how about some page numbers?

Here is a study that put over 7k kids in the hospital thanks to guns in 2009, 453 of them died.

Twenty U.S. Kids Hospitalized Each Day for Gun Injuries: Study

It is table 10 the CDC...being a government agency, did not see the need to number it's pages.......scroll down table 10 these stats are near the bottom....

Interesting. I've been around guns my whole life, and never had one fail. Not one.

You must not shoot very often...

An assumption made to support your weak statement. Not a good argument. As you know.

No most anyone who shoots regularly has had failures. Your claim you have never had one is only possible if you hardly ever shoot.

I'm sorry, but your delusions are not my problem.

The only one delusional is you. Again you must not shoot very often or shoot many different kinds of guns. Ammo has a failure rate.

It may have, but thus far, it has not affected me.

Guns don't enjoy a 0.00005% failure rate. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know it's much higher than that.

Interesting. I've been around guns my whole life, and never had one fail. Not one.

Perhaps you're lucky. The military only uses the best and most reliable weapons. Here's part of a report on the M4 from late 2002. There were many malfunctions, including 20 percent of users experiencing a double feed, 15 percent experiencing feeding jams, and 13 percent saying that feeding problems were due to magazines. 20 percent of users were dissatisfied with weapon maintenance. Some had trouble locking the magazine into the weapon and having to chamber a round in order to lock the magazine.

You must not shoot very often...

An assumption made to support your weak statement. Not a good argument. As you know.

No most anyone who shoots regularly has had failures. Your claim you have never had one is only possible if you hardly ever shoot.

I'm sorry, but your delusions are not my problem.

The only one delusional is you. Again you must not shoot very often or shoot many different kinds of guns. Ammo has a failure rate.

Vanishingly small. I have fired well over one million rounds and I have had less than 5 failures.

you are still wrong....

How many kids are accidently killed by guns in Germany each year?

Irrelevant.

Why is that? We have FAR more than any other civilized country.

The numbers here are not even a blip when compared to total population OR total gun owners. Like everything else on the Left, you blow it out of proportion to forward an agenda.

That said, most of the numbers come from the inner cities of Democrat-run urban areas. Smell yourself.

But why compare to total population? Most civilized countries have none. We have 690% more than they do.

Our criminals murder more people than their criminals do right now...but that is changing...the British police are arming more and more police with guns....Australia is experiencing more gun crime......and that is after all of their gun confiscation...guns are easy to get in Europe and Australia....their criminals just don't murder each other as often....study that.....

Guns don't enjoy a 0.00005% failure rate. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I know it's much higher than that.

Perhaps you're lucky. The military only uses the best and most reliable weapons. Here's part of a report on the M4 from late 2002. There were many malfunctions, including 20 percent of users experiencing a double feed, 15 percent experiencing feeding jams, and 13 percent saying that feeding problems were due to magazines. 20 percent of users were dissatisfied with weapon maintenance. Some had trouble locking the magazine into the weapon and having to chamber a round in order to lock the magazine.

Those are all magazine failures. Take a look at the failure rate for PMAGS. It's non existent which is why operators use those.

Perhaps I am. The fact remains.

Here you go...Europe murdered 1.5 million children...and that is probably a low estimate.........

all because their parents allowed themselves to be disarmed because they thought only the police and soldiers should have guns........and that the government would protect them...

Children during the Holocaust

The Germans and their collaborators killed as many as 1.5 million children. This number included over a million Jewish children and tens of thousands of Romani (Gypsy)children, German children with physical and mental disabilities living in institutions, Polish children, and children residing in the occupied Soviet Union. Some Jewish and some non-Jewish adolescents (13-18 years old) had a greater chance of survival, as they could be used for forced labor.

The fates of Jewish and non-Jewish children can be categorized in the following ways:

1) children killed when they arrived in killing centers
2) children killed immediately after birth or in institutions
3) children born in ghettos and camps who survived because prisoners hid them
4) children, usually over age 12, who were used as laborers and as subjects of medical experiments
5) children killed during reprisal operations or so-called anti-partisan operations.

How many kids are accidently killed by guns in Germany each year?

Irrelevant.

The numbers here are not even a blip when compared to total population OR total gun owners. Like everything else on the Left, you blow it out of proportion to forward an agenda.

That said, most of the numbers come from the inner cities of Democrat-run urban areas. Smell yourself.

But why compare to total population? Most civilized countries have none. We have 690% more than they do.

Because that is the correct comparison.

So we could have 0 like other countries, but you prefer children dying?

So....Europeans, if you divide 1.5 million by 70 years, the years of World War 2 to today....murdered 21,428 children a year............

Hmmm...that is more than get killed by democrat criminals here each year.......

And since the likelyhood of ever needing to fire in defense is quite astronomical what is the problem?

ask all the actual victims of rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping...your claim is not 100%.....so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.......

also ask the 12 million people murdered by the Europeans......they will tell you they needed guns too...

You are one of the people always claiming guns aren't even fired in defense. Are you now claiming they are often fired in defense? Is that something you really want to do?

When were 12 million people murdered by Europeans?

No. He claims the MAJORITY of them are not fired. You, being the dishonest debater that you are misrepresent what he says. Why is that? Are you simply not smart enough to engage in a discussion without lying?

Yes the vast majority don't even require firing. That is what he claims.

And that is factual. My one defensive gun use here in the USA did not require me to shoot the idiot trying to break down my hotel door. I didn't even need to point it at him. I merely showed him that I had one and he left.

So then you could have had a smart gun and been fine. Thank you, that is my point.

Irrelevant.

No...you obviously prefer 21,428 children murdered on average each year.....because you trust the government with guns and not the people.....

Here you go...Europe murdered 1.5 million children...and that is probably a low estimate.........

all because their parents allowed themselves to be disarmed because they thought only the police and soldiers should have guns........and that the government would protect them...

The Germans and their collaborators killed as many as 1.5 million children. This number included over a million Jewish children and tens of thousands of Romani (Gypsy)children, German children with physical and mental disabilities living in institutions, Polish children, and children residing in the occupied Soviet Union. Some Jewish and some non-Jewish adolescents (13-18 years old) had a greater chance of survival, as they could be used for forced labor.

The fates of Jewish and non-Jewish children can be categorized in the following ways:

4) children, usually over age 12, who were used as laborers and as subjects of medical experiments
5) children killed during reprisal operations or so-called anti-partisan operations.

And this was when again?

Irrelevant.

What?

ask all the actual victims of rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping...your claim is not 100%.....so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.......

also ask the 12 million people murdered by the Europeans......they will tell you they needed guns too...

You are one of the people always claiming guns aren't even fired in defense. Are you now claiming they are often fired in defense? Is that something you really want to do?

When were 12 million people murdered by Europeans?

You are a special kind of stupid brain....but please...keep posting....you do our cause a lot of good....

No. He claims the MAJORITY of them are not fired. You, being the dishonest debater that you are misrepresent what he says. Why is that? Are you simply not smart enough to engage in a discussion without lying?

Yes the vast majority don't even require firing. That is what he claims.

And that is factual. My one defensive gun use here in the USA did not require me to shoot the idiot trying to break down my hotel door. I didn't even need to point it at him. I merely showed him that I had one and he left.

So then you could have had a smart gun and been fine. Thank you, that is my point.

No...you obviously prefer 21,428 children murdered on average each year.....because you trust the government with guns and not the people.....

Oh and what country did that happen in last year?

And this was when again?

During World War 2...just 70 years ago.......so I have to guess you think it will never happen again...and you are so sure you are happy to give up your guns..........

So....Europeans, if you divide 1.5 million by 70 years, the years of World War 2 to today....murdered 21,428 children a year............

Hmmm...that is more than get killed by democrat criminals here each year.......

How about you stick with stats for like the last two decades? Or do you prefer to be ridiculous?

And of course....you can't let any time go by before Europeans are slaughtering innocent people again.......1992.....

Bosnian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term Bosnian Genocide refers to either genocide at Srebrenica and Žepa[9] committed by Bosnian Serb forces in 1995 or the wider ethnic cleansing campaign throughout areas controlled by the Army of the Republika Srpska[10] that took place during the 1992–1995 Bosnian War.[11]

The events in Srebrenica in 1995 included the killing of more than 8,000 Bosniak ("Bosnian Muslim") men and boys, as well as the mass expulsion of another 25,000–30,000 Bosniak civilians, in and around the town of Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina, committed by units of the Army of the Republika Srpska (VRS) under the command of General Ratko Mladić.[12][13]

The ethnic cleansing campaign that took place throughout areas controlled by the Bosnian Serbs (majority Orthodox) through the VRS targeted Bosniaks (majority Muslim) and Bosnian Croats (majority Catholic). The ethnic cleansing campaign included unlawful confinement, murder, rape, sexual assault, torture, beating, robbery and inhumane treatment of civilians; the targeting of political leaders, intellectuals and professionals; the unlawful deportation and transfer of civilians; the unlawful shelling of civilians; the unlawful appropriation and plunder of real and personal property; the destruction of homes and businesses; and the destruction of places of worship.[14]

of course not having a gun is such a good idea.....why would anyone want one....?

Forum List

Back