Zone1 When did man start to believe he was bigger than God?

I think people stopped believing in God entirely. I guess you could pin point when that started back in the 70's with the hippies. They kind of threw out the bible and had their own form of "peace and love" religion. Every generation before them was god fearing and clean cut, for the most part. That all went away after the 70s and was replaced with drug fueled debauchery.

Was it the Computer Age? After we put man on the moon? After Darwin showed up with his theories?

I'm curious to know this.
Vatican II

That's when the Catholic Church... I mean the apparent Catholic Church (now known to some of us as the fake Francis sect).. tossed out true Catholicism, making all "religions" equal to one another in value and salvific power..

interesting how that happened contemporaneously with the amoral, wild 1960s

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I think people stopped believing in God entirely. I guess you could pin point when that started back in the 70's with the hippies. They kind of threw out the bible and had their own form of "peace and love" religion. Every generation before them was god fearing and clean cut, for the most part. That all went away after the 70s and was replaced with drug fueled debauchery.
it all came to a head when abortion was legalized 73

Most people will suffer in Afterlife for their arrogance. Very very few will suffer eternally. Of course I am also arrogant.

Was it the Computer Age? After we put man on the moon? After Darwin showed up with his theories?

It is a tale as old as time. Even Genesis records nations ignoring the Almighty and falling into ruin. Ancient man tried to warn his descendants to look for these signs: Lack of discipline among the people, and when it gets as far gone as lack of sexual discipline, prepare for the worse.

A century or so before Christ, our ancestors noted that even should a King as great as David reign, a thousand years of prosperity is about as good as it will ever get. They noted it would take God to come down and take over rule from humans for success.

That's was the start of our present "End of the World" scenarios. True, we have enough nuclear bombs to end all human existence, but more likely what will happen is that nations will fall, and then--as in the past--people will rebuild. For awhile they will turn back to God...and so the pendulum swings. I doubt their descendants will be any better at hearing them than we are at hearing our ancestors.

What a strange question. When we build a levee to hold back the flood we are saying that we are not going to put up with God's wrath anymore.

• Thanks

Religion over the millenia has it's hey day periods and periods of noticeable decline that are more often than not triggered by corrupt clergy/religious groups, begin disallusioned by failed 'prophecies' and promises, etc. We are likely in one of those periods of decline that historically will eventually be turned around by a renewed spirit of revival.

The decline almost certainly is exacerbated by the pure Marxist belief that religion is the opiate of the masses and therefore must be controlled and dictated. That means the emphasis is to subtly replace a relationship & dependence on God with a relationship & dependence on government and those institutions it directs such as education, scientific institutions, media, etc. The intent is that there will be no spiritual revival and no renewal of patriot spirit for self governance, liberty, choices in ones own destiny.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Entirely? Not even close. And, I lived back in the 70's and hippies were a small segment of the population. You may also forget before them were the beatniks in the 50's and 60's. Before them were the Sinatra groupies...

This might sound abstract and unrelated, but I believe music and culture have cost too many their souls.

Listen to Motown or old southern rock even good jazz. It brings you to the spirit of human soul, the gospel.

Was just listening to "Just My Imagination". So soulful and pure. One song of many that nothing today could compare to.

It was when the serpent convinced Adam and Eve to disobey God.
But many of the best scholars interpret that story -- and essentially the same story from other civilizations --- as the Serpent being God

The keeper of the Garden, or , keeper of the laboratory to give a better translation .

Changes everything which unsurprisingly organised religion hates and wriggles over .

The Lab Rat scenario upsets them .

This might sound abstract and unrelated, but I believe music and culture have cost too many their souls.

Listen to Motown or old southern rock even good jazz. It brings you to the spirit of human soul, the gospel.

Was just listening to "Just My Imagination". So soulful and pure. One song of many that nothing today could compare to.
People have always been distracted by idol worshipping of musicians and actors. I just liked the music and rarely listened carefully to the words or cared. The thing is, music does control decisions made by humans. There was a study done in a store that sold German beer and French wine. The study lasted 6 months and they found out that when the German music was playing, the majority of the people bought German beer. And, when French music was played, 80% of the sales were French wine. Imagine if people would listen more to the Tabernacle Choir rather than rap music how the world would be. Less hate, more love, less crime and more charity...

When John Lennon said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Circa 1966. Unfortunately he may have been right.
Anyone knows he wasn't comparing them to Jesus Christ. He was actually criticizing people for their idol worshipping.

Forum List

Back