🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When Do We Shout "Racism"?

They just KEEP WALKING INTO IT.

You mean like selectively quoting people and ignoring the substance of what they said.

IN CONTEXT, I agree with what Obama had to say. Racism is bad and we should stand up to it.

And I have no problem trying to win over somebody I think is decent.

But if someone is an open fucking racist, I'm pretty much dropping a dime on them to HR.

Here you go Jake, er, Joe.

Plenty of substance, oodles of examples, tons of analysis lots of honesty from liberals.

You're welcome!

I don't do links and I don't so videos unless I think they are going to be funny...

I'm still waiting for YOU to tell me how some person has his life totally ruined by "Political Correctness"
It's all there for you, Joe, and you don't even have to read my posts.

If you had even HALF an OUNCE of intellectual curiosity, you'd read a few of those puppies.

But people like you, YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Fine with me. Just stop whining, please.

If you had even HALF an OUNCE of intellectual curiosity, you'd read a few of those puppies.

I think the problem is the messenger. I also don't read the tons of posts that 2AGuy floods these threads with from the NRA Communications division. That's not a debate, it's just spamming the thread.

Im sorry you got hauled down to HR for saying the wrong thing to some special snowflake in your division, but you know what, sometimes you got to realize that you have do deal with real people in the real world.

Deal with it.

I think the problem is the messenger. I also don't read the tons of posts that 2AGuy floods these threads with from the NRA Communications division. That's not a debate, it's just spamming the thread.

Im sorry you got hauled down to HR for saying the wrong thing to some special snowflake in your division, but you know what, sometimes you got to realize that you have do deal with real people in the real world.

Deal with it.
I don't have a boss, Joe, I own the practice. Deal with it.

But you keep running to HR, like the sensitive little snowflake you are. Tell 'em what happened!!

But you keep running to HR, like the sensitive little snowflake you are. Tell 'em what happened!!

Oh, look everyone, another independently wealthy republican who posts on USMB.

It amazes me that so many supposedly rich people post here. You'd think they'd be out, you know, making money or enjoying their money rather than whining about "political correctness".

Oh, look everyone, another independently wealthy republican who posts on USMB.

It amazes me that so many supposedly rich people post here. You'd think they'd be out, you know, making money or enjoying their money rather than whining about "political correctness".
Don't know what to tell ya, Joe, it's true. But I've never discussed my income here.

I swear, seriously, are you Jake? He's making the same childish comments on another thread.

And why aren't you in HR, telling them what happened?

crying+child.jpg

That is utter nonsense.

That is what the 1% is telling you so you don't vote for Trump, who might upset their apple cart.

THEY want cheap Third World Labor to profit from, overseas and here.

THEY want Free Trade.

Actually, the guy who is doing the best job of talking me out of voting for Donald Trump is Donald Trump. The guy is his own worst enemy.

Nope.
This is what Obama ACTUALLY said... by the way..

And I say to them, "Listen, if you hear somebody using a racial epithet, if you hear somebody who's anti-Semitic, if you see an injustice, I want you to speak out. And I want you to be firm and clear and I want you to protect people who may not have voices themselves. I want you to be somebody who's strong and sees themselves as somebody who's looking out for the vulnerable."

But I tell 'em — "I want you also to be able to listen. I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side." And so when I hear, for example, you know, folks on college campuses saying, "We're not going to allow somebody to speak on our campus because we disagree with their ideas or we feel threatened by their ideas —" you know, I think that's a recipe for dogmatism. And I think you're not going to be as effective. And so, but I want to be clear here 'cause, and it's a tough issue because, you know, there are two values that I care about.

I care about civil rights and I care about kids not being discriminated against or having swastikas painted on their doors or nooses hung — thinking it's a joke. I think it's entirely appropriate for — any institution, including universities, to say, "Don't walk around in blackface. It offends people. Don't wear a headdress and beat your chest if Native American students have said, you know, 'This hurts us. This bothers us." There's nothing wrong with that.

Sounds to me like he really doesn't support your position, Macky.

Obama, in this quote, and thank you for posting the WHOLE thing and not just the bolded part, is trying to have it both ways, so that the listener(s) can hear what they want to hear, ie that Obama is agreeing with them.

The bolded part is there so that you can think that Obama is agreeing with you. He knows that that is what you think of when you think about people who are tired of Political Correctness. You think that they want to be able to be rude, racist assholes and not care about who they offend.

THIS PART HERE,

"I want you also to be able to listen. I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side." And so when I hear, for example, you know, folks on college campuses saying, "We're not going to allow somebody to speak on our campus because we disagree with their ideas or we feel threatened by their ideas —" you know, I think that's a recipe for dogmatism."

Is where he gave Mac what Mac wanted to hear.

Mac thinks of Political Correctness as a tool to shout down, marginalize and suppress other voices and points of view.

The question is, which is the real Obama?

Actually, in this thread the question is, which view of Political Correctness and the way the accusation of Racism is used today is correct?

There ARE a few sports teams with Native American names were the fans dress up for games, and people complain.

There is also plenty of recent examples of "protestors" using various tactics from threats of lawsuits to literal bloody mob violence to shut down voices that they don't want to be heard.

Mac hears you when you talk about your view that that is what his anti-PCness is about.

You don't hear him when he says that that is NOT what he is about.

YOu don't seem to hear him when he talks about the use of PC to shut down voices and viewpoints.

And that is not something that just happens in him imagination.

It is seen quite often, and is a GROWING PROBLEM as seen most recently in San Jose.

Mac thinks of Political Correctness as a tool to shout down, marginalize and suppress other voices and points of view.

Yes, whiny Macky really thinks that... not that this point deserves to be shouted down.

It is seen quite often, and is a GROWING PROBLEM as seen most recently in San Jose.

what I see in San Jose is people fighting back against a Nazi. I'm sure there are a lot of 1930's German Jews who wished they had beaten up some brownshirts.

Point is, the minute he started screaming about the "Mexican" Judge, he elminated all pretense he wasn't about Racism.

Now, the only question is, do decent Republicans end him in July in Cleveland, or do the rest of us end him in November.

That is utter nonsense.

That is what the 1% is telling you so you don't vote for Trump, who might upset their apple cart.

THEY want cheap Third World Labor to profit from, overseas and here.

THEY want Free Trade.

Actually, the guy who is doing the best job of talking me out of voting for Donald Trump is Donald Trump. The guy is his own worst enemy.

Nope.
This is what Obama ACTUALLY said... by the way..

And I say to them, "Listen, if you hear somebody using a racial epithet, if you hear somebody who's anti-Semitic, if you see an injustice, I want you to speak out. And I want you to be firm and clear and I want you to protect people who may not have voices themselves. I want you to be somebody who's strong and sees themselves as somebody who's looking out for the vulnerable."

But I tell 'em — "I want you also to be able to listen. I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side." And so when I hear, for example, you know, folks on college campuses saying, "We're not going to allow somebody to speak on our campus because we disagree with their ideas or we feel threatened by their ideas —" you know, I think that's a recipe for dogmatism. And I think you're not going to be as effective. And so, but I want to be clear here 'cause, and it's a tough issue because, you know, there are two values that I care about.

I care about civil rights and I care about kids not being discriminated against or having swastikas painted on their doors or nooses hung — thinking it's a joke. I think it's entirely appropriate for — any institution, including universities, to say, "Don't walk around in blackface. It offends people. Don't wear a headdress and beat your chest if Native American students have said, you know, 'This hurts us. This bothers us." There's nothing wrong with that.

Sounds to me like he really doesn't support your position, Macky.

Obama, in this quote, and thank you for posting the WHOLE thing and not just the bolded part, is trying to have it both ways, so that the listener(s) can hear what they want to hear, ie that Obama is agreeing with them.

The bolded part is there so that you can think that Obama is agreeing with you. He knows that that is what you think of when you think about people who are tired of Political Correctness. You think that they want to be able to be rude, racist assholes and not care about who they offend.

THIS PART HERE,

"I want you also to be able to listen. I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side." And so when I hear, for example, you know, folks on college campuses saying, "We're not going to allow somebody to speak on our campus because we disagree with their ideas or we feel threatened by their ideas —" you know, I think that's a recipe for dogmatism."

Is where he gave Mac what Mac wanted to hear.

The question is, which is the real Obama?

Actually, in this thread the question is, which view of Political Correctness and the way the accusation of Racism is used today is correct?

There ARE a few sports teams with Native American names were the fans dress up for games, and people complain.

There is also plenty of recent examples of "protestors" using various tactics from threats of lawsuits to literal bloody mob violence to shut down voices that they don't want to be heard.

Mac hears you when you talk about your view that that is what his anti-PCness is about.

You don't hear him when he says that that is NOT what he is about.

YOu don't seem to hear him when he talks about the use of PC to shut down voices and viewpoints.

Joe/Jake thinks that PC is about not being able to tell dirty jokes at work. I'm not kidding, he said it multiple times on this thread.

You can't reason with a binary mind like that, even with dozens of liberals -- including Obama -- in your supporting evidence. He just denies it all.

"I don't see it. I don't. It's not there. It's not."

His little world is very, very small and very, very quiet. And VERY angry.

Last edited:
Joe/Jake thinks that PC is about not being able to tell dirty jokes at work. I'm not kidding, he said it multiple times on this thread.

You can't reason with a binary mind like that, even with dozens of liberals -- including Obama -- in your supporting evidence. He just denies it all.

Guy, what very important thing is "PC" not allowing you to do?

Thanks.

No posts to some thread where some college kids act silly, because college kids were silly when I went to college in the 1980's....

Guy, what very important thing is "PC" not allowing you to do?

Thanks.

No posts to some thread where some college kids act silly, because college kids were silly when I went to college in the 1980's....
I provided dozens of pieces written by liberals and multiple videos by liberals, providing myriad examples of PC and how it stops and distorts and intimidates freedom of expression and what can come from freedom of expression. It stops us from honestly addressing problems because one side is trying to control the conversation. Your side.

No Joe, not Freedom of Speech, this is not a First Amendment issue. I know you were going to try that deflection. I know you folks. This is a cultural issue.

It's all there, waiting for you. Start with your President. The reason I am compiling that list is because it consists of liberals, not conservatives. Your standard insults and name-calling won't work. All you can do is keep denying and playing games.

If you still don't understand, then give up. You're obviously going to keep humping my leg, but you can't say I didn't provide plenty of material.

Well, of course you can, because you're so dishonest.

I provided dozens of pieces written by liberals and multiple videos by liberals, providing myriad examples of PC

Guy, that's not what I asked you for. I asked you as simple question-

Please cite were someone wasn't allowed to make a political point due to political correctness. Not "Well, some college kids complained about some frat boys and the frat boys were told to knock that shit off."

It's all there, waiting for you. Start with your President. The reason I am compiling that list is because it consists of liberals, not conservatives. Your standard insults and name-calling won't work. All you can do is keep denying and playing games.

I don't do links. I don't do someone whining because a frat boy was told to behave himself.

So really, you got nothing, then.

I don't do links. I don't do someone whining because a frat boy was told to behave himself.

So really, you got nothing, then.
This is a perfect example of my point about you: "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist".

All the material you need to educate yourself has been provided, far MORE than you'd EVER need, and YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT.

So really, you've got nothing, then. And that's the way you like it.

Yes, whiny Macky really thinks that... not that this point deserves to be shouted down.

what I see in San Jose is people fighting back against a Nazi. I'm sure there are a lot of 1930's German Jews who wished they had beaten up some brownshirts.

Point is, the minute he started screaming about the "Mexican" Judge, he elminated all pretense he wasn't about Racism.

Now, the only question is, do decent Republicans end him in July in Cleveland, or do the rest of us end him in November.

The Nazis were told that the people they were fighting against were Evil too.

They were told that that Jews were their enemy and had betrayed them and were out to get them.

That is what you have been told about Trump and trump supporters.

The nazi's felt their violence was justified.

You believe your side's violence is justified.

The moment Trump claimed that the Judge was biased against him he proved nothing.

The fact that you never considered for a single second that perhaps the HIspanic, Democratic appointed Judge might be biased against the person you consider a "nazi" shows that you are to biased to even THINK about this at all, let alone think objectively.

You've been told he is a Nazi.

Sending people home to Mexico, is not sending them to Death Camps.

You have been lied to.

And yet such viewpoints are shouted down, or shut down by various types of threats.

That DOES HAPPEN.

Your view point, that Obama played to, that it is about white people wanting to be assholes, is a lie pushed by the people who want to shout down opposing voices and viewpoints.

You SEE it happening. How can you pretend that it is not happening?

Forum List

Back