Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you mean those you were referring to earlier - maga ... those would have nothing to do with liberation theology, self determination - then or now. the reason for the crucifixion.
I was saying people in power--no matter what the age (Biblical or modern) have this tendency to want to destroy the person/people who offer a different option. In Biblical times it was Jesus proclaiming, "Sins are forgiven/repentance for the forgiveness of sins" while people in power were saying, "Bring in your offerings for the forgiveness of sins."

In modern times the person who said, "Make America Great Again" got people to vote for something other than Democrat Party leadership also put himself into the Democrat Party cross-hairs with those on that side more than willing to plan his destruction.

In other words, nothing new under the sun, especially when it comes to people who are greedy for both wealth and power. We can see it in Biblical times; we can still see it in our own times. I was speaking of people in power, not those who put them in power. I wasn't speaking of those who favor liberation theology, although most of what I have seen about liberation theology is hokum as well.

It actually went quite well. The atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ was completed and it made way for not only the resurrection of Jesus Christ but all mankind through Jesus will now be able to be resurrected and live immortally to never die again. So, actually it went very well as planned. Jesus knew in advance that he would be crucified and yet he went through with it to bring about his death and resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:54
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
So God was HAPPY that we tortured and executed his son?

What if Jesus comes back as a Homosexual?
This would make Jesus a hypocrite. For as the Great Jehovah, he taught the following:

Leviticus 18:22-24
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

And again his Apostle taught against homosexuality as well:

Romans 1:22-32
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also agave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God agave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I was saying people in power--no matter what the age (Biblical or modern) have this tendency to want to destroy the person/people who offer a different option. In Biblical times it was Jesus proclaiming, "Sins are forgiven/repentance for the forgiveness of sins" while people in power were saying, "Bring in your offerings for the forgiveness of sins."

In modern times the person who said, "Make America Great Again" got people to vote for something other than Democrat Party leadership also put himself into the Democrat Party cross-hairs with those on that side more than willing to plan his destruction.

In other words, nothing new under the sun, especially when it comes to people who are greedy for both wealth and power. We can see it in Biblical times; we can still see it in our own times. I was speaking of people in power, not those who put them in power. I wasn't speaking of those who favor liberation theology, although most of what I have seen about liberation theology is hokum as well.
Please…..Please …..Please

Don‘t tell us you are equating Jesus Christ with Donald Trump

There is a special place in hell set aside if God catches you doing it

This would make Jesus a hypocrite. For as the Great Jehovah, he taught the following:

Leviticus 18:22-24
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

And again his Apostle taught against homosexuality as well:

Romans 1:22-32
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also agave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God agave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
What if God decides homosexuality is no big deal and to prove it, sends his son back as a homosexual?

Will you stone him?

Don‘t tell us you are equating Jesus Christ with Donald Trump
Please, please, please read what I write.

I am comparing those in power in Biblical times to those in power in Modern times. You had been talking about perhaps females could do a better job. I was merely pointing out that is no more the case that males can do a better job. All people greedy for wealth and power (be they male or female) should be carefully watched.

Jesus and Donald Trump are not alike. "Sins are forgiven" and "Make America Great Again" are not issues that mesh--except that both these issues got the attention of people in power. Further, everyone knows that Jesus was a drinking man while President Trump never touched the stuff. ;)

So God was HAPPY that we tortured and executed his son?
No. He wasn't happy about having his Only Begotten Son tortured but that was what needed to be done to bring about the atonement of Jesus and his resurrection which brings immortality on both you and I and mankind who have come to this earth and received a body. Jesus wasn't killed by the Romans who hung him on the cross. Jesus only died when he chose to give up his life.

John 10:17-18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

It was necessary for Jesus, a man without sin, a lamb without blemish to receive all the torture and pain of this world and all the pain and suffering of all mankind which he bore. By so doing Jesus, as an innocent and sinless sacrifice was then deserving of a great recompense for the injustice brought upon him. God the Father granted Jesus a recompense for all the suffering of mankind that he personally suffered. That recompense was that if mankind would repent, Jesus won the right as his recompense to forgive mankind of their sins and transgressions. He also won the right to resurrect all mankind who entered mortality without transgressing. Jesus overcame Adam's transgression also and afforded him also the gift of immortality.

All this was done to grant immortality to all and forgiveness of sin and transgression to those who repent and come unto the Christ. It was the just for the unjust.

1 Peter 3:18
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Last edited:
This is the third aspect of the Christian worldview that must be applied to this unfolding story. When human beings face unanswered, moral question, we will sometimes fill the gap with fiction rather than facts. We want our consciences assuaged and all the moral quagmires answered—when those answers are denied, many turn to theories that help explain the shadows of controversial cases.

Moreover, human beings do not accept cognitively complex coincidences. We can handle a simple coincidence. We can even handle a series of simple coincidences. But a series of complex, morally confusing, massive coincidences collides with the construction of our intelligence and our consciousness. We hold complex coincidences in suspicion and derision because it conflicts with our conception of how things ought to be. They do not appear plausible.
No, this is not about Jesus "Coming," but it easily could be. Just imagine this author was actually discussing this topic..

Last edited:
Jesus taught us to pray the following prayer:

Matthew 6:9-13
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

He taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven." He taught us to pray this because His kingdom was not of the earth at the time He served here on the earth in the 1st century. However, he teaches us to make this prayer because when he comes again in all his glory at the second coming he will destroy the wicked and usher in peace for His millennial reign. Once His millennial reign has ended he will destroy Satan and his minions and this earth will become a celestial kingdom of God. This will be when the meek will inherit the earth. Did Jesus have us pray in vein?

Revelation 11:15
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The seventh angel will sound his trump at the beginning of Christ's millennial reign on earth and from that time forth this earth will become part of the kingdom of God and Christ will reign over it forever and ever.

Zechariah 14:9
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Luke 1:32
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Acts 2:29-30
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Jesus Also instructed us with unambiguous text as to when HIS KINGSOM was to come.........it came in the 1st century, just as He described when He stated, "Verily, I say unto you, THERE BE SOME STANDING HERE (where? in the 1st century while Jesus was speaking), WHICH SHALL NOT TASTE OF DEATH UNTIL THEY SEE THE SON OF MAN (Jesus) COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." -- Matthew 16:28

Unless you can prove there are people that have lived over 2000 years and was standing there to hear Jesus preach about "THY KINGDOM COME" in the 1st century.........you have not "RIGHTLY DIVIDED THE WORD OF TRUTH".

Read the scriptures concerning the Kingdom that was to come. Jesus had a 3.5 year ministry on earth before the cross, during that time period He and John the Baptist preached about the kingdom of God...i.e., the church Jesus was constructing.......the Kingdom of God (all synonymous throughout the scriptures........all 3 are one in the same)......John had been teaching that the Kingdom was "AT HAND" (close). The Gospel of Mark teaches that Jesus came to Galilee preaching the GOOD NEWS (i.e., the gospel) of the kingdom of God, saying, "THE TIME IS FULFILLED (the time frame spoken of by the prophet Daniel), and the kingdom of God is AT HAND." -- Mark 1:14-15

What was Daniel's prophecy? "One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an EVERLASTING DOMINION(not limited to 1000 literal years......everlasting means until the END COMES), which shall not pass away and His Kingdom the one that shall not be destroyed." -- Daniel 7:13-14 "The Son of Man" is the Christ Jesus, the Ancient of Days is the Father (God).

Jesus ascended to the Ancient of Days "IN THE CLOUDS" (Acts 1:9-11) and sit down at the right hand of God.(Acts 2) Right before Jesus' ascension into Heaven to sit next to the Father Jesus stated, "All authority in Heaven and Earth has been given to Me......" -- Matthew 28:18-19

Daniel's prophecy has already been fulfilled conerning Jesus as being a king sitting in rule over His kingdom.........Jesus has been sitting on the throne for over 2000 years.........Daniel's prophecy about Jesus having dominion over nations and all people is being fulfilled as we speak. The kingdom started with One Carpenter's Son (the son of Man...Jesus) and a dozen friends (The Apostles)......and that kingdom has grown and multiplied to the point that some 3 billion + people now claim to be citizens of that kingdom.

Last edited:
Jesus Also instructed us with unambiguous text as to when HIS KINGSOM was to come.........it came in the 1st century, just as He described when He stated, "Verily, I say unto you, THERE BE SOME STANDING HERE (where? in the 1st century while Jesus was speaking), WHICH SHALL NOT TASTE OF DEATH UNTIL THEY SEE THE SON OF MAN (Jesus) COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." -- Matthew 16:28

Unless you can prove there are people that have lived over 2000 years and was standing there to hear Jesus preach about "THY KINGDOM COME" in the 1st century.........you have not "RIGHTLY DIVIDED THE WORD OF TRUTH".

Read the scriptures concerning the Kingdom that was to come. Jesus had a 3.5 year ministry on earth before the cross, during that time period He and John the Baptist preached about the kingdom of God...i.e., the church Jesus was constructing.......the Kingdom of God (all synonymous throughout the scriptures........all 3 are one in the same)......John had been teaching that the Kingdom was "AT HAND" (close). The Gospel of Mark teaches that Jesus came to Galilee preaching the GOOD NEWS (i.e., the gospel) of the kingdom of God, saying, "THE TIME IS FULFILLED (the time frame spoken of by the prophet Daniel), and the kingdom of God is AT HAND." -- Mark 1:14-15

What was Daniel's prophecy? "One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an EVERLASTING DOMINION(not limited to 1000 literal years......everlasting means until the END COMES), which shall not pass away and His Kingdom the one that shall not be destroyed." -- Daniel 7:13-14 "The Son of Man" is the Christ Jesus, the Ancient of Days is the Father (God).

Jesus ascended to the Ancient of Days "IN THE CLOUDS" (Acts 1:9-11) and sit down at the right hand of God.(Acts 2) Right before Jesus' ascension into Heaven to sit next to the Father Jesus stated, "All authority in Heaven and Earth has been given to Me......" -- Matthew 28:18-19

Daniel's prophecy has already been fulfilled conerning Jesus as being a king sitting in rule over His kingdom.........Jesus has been sitting on the throne for over 2000 years.........Daniel's prophecy about Jesus having dominion over nations and all people is being fulfilled as we speak. The kingdom started with One Carpenter's Son (the son of Man...Jesus) and a dozen friends (The Apostles)......and that kingdom has grown and multiplied to the point that some 3 billion + people now claim to be citizens of that kingdom.
Jesus truly taught that there were some standing before him that would not taste of death until he was to come again in his kingdom.

Matthew 16:27-28
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

When Jesus comes in the glory of his Father with his angels he will then reward every man according to his works. That will be a judgement. Are you saying that the judgment occurred in the 1st Century? We know of one man who lived in the days of Christ who was not to taste of death until Jesus was to come again in his kingdom.

John 21:20-24
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

John the Beloved was given the blessing of being able to tarry upon the earth until Jesus came again. The brethren, knowing that the second coming was along time off, thought that Jesus was telling them that John would never die. But Jesus corrected them and said that John would be allowed to tarry until he came again but didn't say that he would never die. So we know that John the Apostle of Jesus was allowed to live up until the time Jesus was to come again in the clouds of heaven with all his holy angels with him. There may be other that were among the disciples of Jesus who may also have been allowed to tarry until the second coming of Christ. There have been many in the past who have been allowed to live on and not taste of death. One example is Enoch.

Hebrews 11:5
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Some have speculated that John may play a part in the last days and could be one of the martyrs in the last days such as one of the two prophets that are raised up in Revelation 11. We don't know, but we do know that John was one who would not taste of death until Jesus came again upon the earth.

The kingdom of God is always at hand to those who receive the gospel and follow after Christ. Jesus taught:

Matthew 3:1-2
1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judæa,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

All it means is that the kingdom of heaven can be achieved through repentance of sins and following the gospel of Jesus Christ. The entire gospel of Jesus Christ was not had on earth for many years until Christ came. Through his gospel one can attain the kingdom of heaven. This has no reference to Christ coming in power and glory with all his Holy angels to establish his kingdom here upon the earth. When Christ comes the second time, he will do away with all other authority on the earth and will reign supreme and thus his kingdom will be established here on earth also.

I beg to differ with your interpretation of who the Ancient of Days is. It is not God our Eternal Father in Heaven but it is Adam, aka Michael or the Ancient of Days.

Daniel 7:9
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

God the Father is already and has for a long time been sitting upon his throne in heaven. Adam, aka Michael or the Ancient of Days will come to Zion when it is built and sit upon a throne and then Christ will come and he will receive his throne (the throne of David) upon the earth.

Daniel 7:13-14
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Christ will come again and reign upon the earth for 1000 years. This is not the full extent of his kingdom. He has a kingdom in heaven and eventually the earth will be joined to that kingdom in heaven. But before the earth becomes part of the celestial kingdom of heaven, Christ will reign personally upon the earth for 1000 years until at the end Satan and his minions will be thrust into hell which is typified by the lake of fire and brimstone.

Jesus wasn't an autocrat.

The second coming will probably not be in the US
Most likely China or India

History is replete with various Endtimers to include Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite and others. Those religious fanatics had varying interpretations of the Endtimes. The damage to humanity that they could inflict was limited. It's a very different case with organized religions which have a vision of the Endtimes. It gets dangerous when groups of religious people make decisions that encourage events such as war and conflict to usher in their endtimes fantasies.

Forum List

Back