When does human life begin?

I think SCOTUS has to weigh the rights of the mother. Is she fully human if she can be forced to be an incubator for another?
It would be better to distinguish between the following: when does human life occur/begin, and when can a new life form exist by itself. Huge difference and I see a little bit of blending of the two, perhaps unintentionally, with your remarks.

I can handle you thinking it doesn't make me look good.

As for if being guilty of murder, ask me that after you have successfully created life and then ended it.
I think it happens all the time, it is called in vitro fertilization. Unused fertilized eggs are routinely discarded as I understand it. Is that murder? If the fertilized eggs are frozen is that kidnapping and false imprisonment?

I think SCOTUS has to weigh the rights of the mother. Is she fully human if she can be forced to be an incubator for another?
Actually they only need to determine if life in the womb has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They can leave it up to the states to decide whose rights take precedence.

I think it happens all the time, it is called in vitro fertilization. Unused fertilized eggs are routinely discarded as I understand it. Is that murder? If the fertilized eggs are frozen is that kidnapping and false imprisonment?
Right. So if you broke in and destroyed a fertilized embryo do you think the people whose child it was would see that as murder?

Actually they only need to determine if life in the womb has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They can leave it up to the states to decide whose rights take precedence.
So they should punt? That didn't work so well for Civil Rights in the US.

There are more definitions of human life than just the biological one.
And all are arbitrary and capricious. That's a term used in courts often. I wouldn't be surprised to see SCOTUS use that in their ruling when they strike down Roe v Wade.

Right. So if you broke in and destroyed a fertilized embryo do you think the people whose child it was would see that as murder?
Irrelevant, it would mean the loss of something very valuable to them but you are avoiding the issue.

So they should punt? That didn't work so well for Civil Rights in the US.
That's not punting. That's leaving it for the states to decide which is the way it use to be. Funny that you mention civil rights as a key point because you seem eager to take away the child's civil rights.

And all are arbitrary and capricious. That's a term used in courts often. I wouldn't be surprised to see SCOTUS use that in their ruling when they strike down Roe v Wade.
Many things are arbitrary. How old should you be to vote in an election?

That's not punting. That's leaving it for the states to decide which is the way it use to be. Funny that you mention civil rights as a key point because you seem eager to take away the child's civil rights.
You seem eager to take away the rights of the mother.

Irrelevant, it would mean the loss of something very valuable to them but you are avoiding the issue.
I doubt it would be irrelevant to the parents of the child you destroyed.

The determination of when a human life begins has been decided by science. The determination if life in the womb has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness will be decided by SCOTUS.

It will be up to the states to determine how they will balance the rights of the child and the mother.

You seem eager to take away the rights of the mother.
Again... It will be up to the states to determine how they will balance the rights of the child and the mother..

What right would that be exactly? The right to dispose of her property as she sees fit?

I have a friend who continues to celebrate her infant daughter‘s birthday, who died at birth, with her family. Life is precious.
People who actively support abortion as if it were getting a wart removed know better, but they are determined to live in denial. Leftists really are the science deniers

It would be better to distinguish between the following: when does human life occur/begin, and when can a new life form exist by itself. Huge difference and I see a little bit of blending of the two, perhaps unintentionally, with your remarks.
That is the crux of the debate. The original ruling never addressed the first point.

That is the crux of the debate. The original ruling never addressed the first point.
Are you saying if a life depends on the mother, or an elderly parent, or an I'll anyone who is dependent on others has no absolute right to life?

Forum List

Back