When No News Is Worse Than Bad News

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
I recall reading many articles on the subject of ambiguity and how it can create stress in people.

Many of these articles say that No news is worse than bad news.

And hence you can see the strategy of Trump is to give people some dates to focus on. It is something.

The left wingers who whine about dying miss the point (but they usually do).

Even the Surgeon General stated that his Easter date was simply an effort to create focus.

Not everyone thinks the same.

That is why some people are getting cabin fever and talking about wanting to get back to normal (whatever that is).

It is not ignorance...it is almost inate.

Just as the left will starve itself to death (or eat other humans) to avoid getting sick with something that has less than a 1% chance of killing you.

It is unfortunate that mother nature needs to remind us from time to time that she can take us down whenever she wants. We need to accept that. I suspect that given this mess....middle east terror groups are working harder and harder on getting a virus that will kill a whole lot more people.

And we could do this again.

But leadership isn't being popular. It is leadership.

Do I think Trump a great leader ? Not really.

Do I think he is doing well here. Yes.

I think he is doing the right things....

What's the
Not everyone thinks the same.

That is why some people are getting cabin fever and talking about wanting to get back to normal (whatever that is).

It is not ignorance...it is almost inate.

Just as the left will starve itself to death (or eat other humans) to avoid getting sick with something that has less than a 1% chance of killing you.

It is unfortunate that mother nature needs to remind us from time to time that she can take us down whenever she wants. We need to accept that. I suspect that given this mess....middle east terror groups are working harder and harder on getting a virus that will kill a whole lot more people.

And we could do this again.

But leadership isn't being popular. It is leadership.

Do I think Trump a great leader ? Not really.

Do I think he is doing well here. Yes.

I think he is doing the right things....

What's the result of "great leadership"?

I recall reading many articles on the subject of ambiguity and how it can create stress in people.

And hence you can see the strategy of Trump is to give people some dates to focus on. It is something.

Even the Surgeon General stated that his Easter date was simply an effort to create focus.

Working in Projects most of adult life:

An Unrealistic Plan is no Plan

How do you plan for US to be clear by Easter.... Walk that one back to what you are going to do tomorrow....

The problem with Trump & Co is that they see this as a financial crisis due to bad marketing....

Picture the kenyan lawn jockey uttering something like that. The Fake News would fawn all over it, "he's so inspiring!!!"

Fuck 'em.

Exactly. As the virus effect different states at different times each states needs to focus on what's best for their state.
We can't keep the entire country on lock down because of outbreaks in a handful of states. There are to many things that have to stay open even with a lock down, food distribution and all the industries involved in agriculture and manufacturing that supports the needs of agriculture and transport, all things involved in medical, sanitation and utilities. All these things stay open and make it impossible to stop the spread of the virus even in a lock down.
Once the virus get's through NY and their numbers are at a controllable level they are not going to want to stay in lockdown because there is an outbreak in Nebraska, but that is exactly what they are expecting from the country, while at the same time blowing off the irresponsible danger of people leaving from their own state while it's experiencing an outbreak.

Forum List

Back