When Republicans asked for a 1 yr waiver

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Democrats wanted to file charges against them for sedition.

Now that Obama is unilaterally granting waivers (despite the illegality of it), will Democrats be calling for him to be charged with sedition?

I don't think the term "sedition" is normally used by Democrats. That's sort of an Ann Coulter/right wing extremist term.

I would like to see where was ever mentioned.

In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order.

I believe that was the left wingbats over at moveon who signed that petition. Several Ds referred to the Rs as terrorists and hostage takers but that was about it. There never was any formal bill accusing them as enemies of the state.

Last edited:
I believe that was the left wingbats over at moveon who signed that petition. Several Ds referred to the Rs as terrorists and hostage takers but that was about it. There never was any formal bill accusing them as enemies of the state.

Prove it.

Prove it.

just do a thread search. There were about a dozen about a month ago while the government was shut down

Prove it.

just do a thread search. There were about a dozen about a month ago while the government was shut down

Hell no. This was YOUR contention, not mine.

Asking? Demanding was more like it.

Back in my day, the legislature made laws. So congress "demanding" changes to the law made perfect sense.

Now that we are a dictatorship, Congress is to remain silent, Comrade General Obama will decide - his word alone is law...

messed up ain't it?

Asking? Demanding was more like it.

Back in my day, the legislature made laws. So congress "demanding" changes to the law made perfect sense.

Now that we are a dictatorship, Congress is to remain silent, Comrade General Obama will decide - his word alone is law...

Seems to work that way when one party has the president and control of one of the House or Senate.

When they wanted a 1 year waiver, they were hoping for such so that they could hopefully win both houses of congress and try to repeal the law.

They weren't doing it for the benefit of the law being implemented more efficiently. If you think they were, I've got a bridge and all the other corny cliches

When they wanted a 1 year waiver, they were hoping for such so that they could hopefully win both houses of congress and try to repeal the law.

They weren't doing it for the benefit of the law being implemented more efficiently. If you think they were, I've got a bridge and all the other corny cliches

And Comrade General Obama wants to stop the bloodbath in 2014. His reasons for his illegal act are purely partisan.

Forum List

Back