When should things open up?

blackhawk

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2012
Deep in the heart of Texas.
I am not talking about on a national level or some one size fits all plan I understand the conditions in every state are going to be different. So what I'm curious about is based on the conditions in your state and your observations what do you think would be a good time to start to open things up relax these restrictions to some degree? I'm in Texas my opinion is we could start to do this at the start of May.

I am not talking about on a national level or some one size fits all plan I understand the conditions in every state are going to be different. So what I'm curious about is based on the conditions in your state and your observations what do you think would be a good time to start to open things up relax these restrictions to some degree? I'm in Texas my opinion is we could start to do this at the start of May.
Nuke NYC and reopen America.

Probably when you've seen a month of declining cases diagnosed, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then, you've probably flattened your curve and can take steps to re-open with social distancing guidelines and mandatory masks for everyone.
Seems sensible.

NOW

Whenever it's done, it should be based on hard facts, not anecdotal evidence, no matter how high on the totem pole the storyteller is.

Probably when you've seen a month of declining cases diagnosed, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then, you've probably flattened your curve and can take steps to re-open with social distancing guidelines and mandatory masks for everyone.
Seems sensible.
What science supports that plan?

Whenever it's done, it should be based on hard facts, not anecdotal evidence, no matter how high on the totem pole the storyteller is.
What hard facts is the shutdown based on?

Seems sensible.
What science is that plan based on?

Probably when you've seen a month of declining cases diagnosed, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then, you've probably flattened your curve and can take steps to re-open with social distancing guidelines and mandatory masks for everyone. Seems sensible.
Medical statistics

What hard facts is the shutdown based on?
See above.

Probably when you've seen a month of declining cases diagnosed, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then, you've probably flattened your curve and can take steps to re-open with social distancing guidelines and mandatory masks for everyone. Seems sensible.
Medical statistics
What "medical statistics" demonstrate that we should wait for a month of declining cases?

Last edited:

maybe we could start by opening up counties (in every state) that are completely clean of Covid cases by the First of May. Yet, people could stiil take precautions like wearing face masks at the same time.
i dont know how much of the virus is spread by touch,but i think it may be a good percentage so I think it would be a great idea to put those portable hand washing stations at the entrances of public places like grocery stores, coffee shops and office buildings where people use elevators.

Other areas that are very low in cases, probably could start up soon after... after observing the first ones to open up. Maybe in 10 to 15 days. there is a breaking point where the shut down damage will be worse than the virus itself.

Seems sensible.

Not putting forth any science. It may be longer than that. I heard several governors today talking about needing a one month decline in cases along with greatly expanded testing before you could even think about opening up again. The masks are already mandatory in several states and my guess is that they will be across the US shortly.

Medical statistics
What "medical statistics" demonstrate that we should wait for a month of declining cases?
Please cite the source for your claim of "declining cases".

Forum List

Back