When was America Great?

Did I say that we should disband our military? Can you read on a 4th grade level? :rolleyes:
you failed to mention them, so I assumed you thought all we had was a fleet of aircraft carriers. Why did you deflect to that response? Military is all four aspects of the program. WE have army men and we have air force planes, fk, we have navy planes who can take off from Aircraft Carriers. Still trying to figure out your deflection from my comment. Why?

There is no such right.

For a long time the Supreme Court says there is. Several States say there is. And 60% of the population says there is. Three elections have shown that people want the right for Women. In Kansas, and Ohio, and Wisconsin.

So maybe the majority are wrong. But it’s more likely that they will codify those rights.

Now you can run for public office opposing a position that the majority approve of. But that doesn’t seem to be a good way to win.

I don't remember prayer ever being allowed in public schools.
one nation under god. I believe it wasn't allowed anymore during the pledge. You're probably too young to know when the country was actually patriotic for the people of the USA and not Ukraine.

For a long time the Supreme Court says there is. Several States say there is. And 60% of the population says there is. Three elections have shown that people want the right for Women. In Kansas, and Ohio, and Wisconsin.

So maybe the majority are wrong. But it’s more likely that they will codify those rights.

Now you can run for public office opposing a position that the majority approve of. But that doesn’t seem to be a good way to win.
since when did the judiciary create laws?

We keep hearing that Trump is needed to Make America Great Again.

Ok. So when was America Great? Tell me the year that America was Great and why. I’m honestly curious as to what you’ll answer. Was it 1985 when Reagan was starting his second term with a 49 state landslide re-election? Was it earlier? Later?

Tell me what happened to end that greatness.
It was before leftists started getting their war early 20th century

More than two million were stopped by Border Patrol last year. If they were armed as you all scream they were, well let’s look at it. We have maybe 50,000 border patrol agents there. We have maybe another 100,000 cops. Hell I’ll throw in another fifty thousand National guardsmen. That means just in those we caught the “good guys” were outnumbered ten to one. If we toss in the estimated numbers we didn’t catch, our guys are outnumbered fifty or so to one.

If those fifty folks were armed why didn’t they slaughter the cops wholesale? Why don’t they really do all that you hysterical types are screaming that they are?

Oh a handful of their number may be armed. But better than 95% of them are unarmed.
why are the demofk mayors complaining about the illegals in their cities then?

It was before leftists started getting their war early 20th century
Truly, the only days of greatness was when the constitution was signed. Since then, demofks have continuously tried to undermine the new country. It's been on going that fking long. Demofks shot the only president who freed the slaves. Imagine that!!!!! Hey black folks, what is it you still don't understand about these vile fking human beings?

Truly, the only days of greatness was when the constitution was signed. Since then, demofks have continuously tried to undermine the new country. It's been on going that fking long. Demofks shot the only president who freed the slaves. Imagine that!!!!! Hey black folks, what is it you still don't understand about these vile fking human beings?

What you say is true. Racists used to make up the majority of the Democratic Party. And it is true that a Democrat shot Lincoln. All of that is Bad.

But those Racists are not supporting Democrats today. The KKK endorses and supports Republicans. People who feel as you do about Minorities vote and support Republicans.

So what is worse. That behavior and belief in history? Or that sort of thing in the modern world?

one nation under god. I believe it wasn't allowed anymore during the pledge. You're probably too young to know when the country was actually patriotic for the people of the USA and not Ukraine.
I remember when I was patriotic because I was in 8th grade and didn`t know any better. Watching the Vietnam War on tv every day cured me of it. As a returning Union Civil War veteran said after that war was over, "I loved my country but I`ll be damned if I`ll ever love another one.

You'll get no argument from me

How much mileage do you think you can get over an event that happened 165 years ago. Was it the dems who beat up 130 cops and smeared shit on the walls of our Capitol?

you failed to mention them, so I assumed you thought all we had was a fleet of aircraft carriers. Why did you deflect to that response? Military is all four aspects of the program. WE have army men and we have air force planes, fk, we have navy planes who can take off from Aircraft Carriers. Still trying to figure out your deflection from my comment. Why?
1694803014337.png

We keep hearing that Trump is needed to Make America Great Again.

Ok. So when was America Great? Tell me the year that America was Great and why. I’m honestly curious as to what you’ll answer. Was it 1985 when Reagan was starting his second term with a 49 state landslide re-election? Was it earlier? Later?

Tell me what happened to end that greatness.
You're gonna just love this response, SavannahMann. This country's greatness ended with the left's crazy ass DIVERSITY first bullshit.

Actually. It is reality. I was reading one of those sites where they lamented the loss of America. They were always vague. After my playlist got to the song We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel I realized that everyone was romanticizing the history.

As an example of scandals and disasters of the 1950’s. Thalidomide. It was introduced in the late 1950’s and cause more than 10,000 birth defects.

Rock and Roll was opposed.

My point was and remains. Every era has had issues. And those issues were very serious to those who endured it. And something else to consider. Every era was more progressive than the one before.
My man, you just answered your own original question. This country was the greatest until it turned PROGRESSIVE.

My man, you just answered your own original question. This country was the greatest until it turned PROGRESSIVE.

You do realize that it was Liberals and Progressives that founded the nation don’t you?

The Conservative view was that the Americas was a part of England and subject to the King. It was impossible to defeat the greatest Navy and Army of the Era. It was the duty of men to stay loyal to the Crown.

25,000 loyalists fought for England. It was Liberals who believed they could achieve the impossible. Liberals who believed that the rights came from God not the King.

Liberals believed that the rights of our Nation were paramount when the issue of freedom of navigation became the war of 1812.

Liberals are willing to consider something new. Conservatives insist that things remain the same.

I don't remember prayer ever being allowed in public schools.

I agree that there's been a huge change in young American women's attitudes towards romantic and sexual relations since Roe v. Wade.
I do remember. It actually goes back to 1948, but
Beginning in the 1960s, the court handed religious conservatives a series of major defeats. It began with the landmark 1962 ruling, Engel v. Vitale, that school-sponsored prayer – even nonsectarian prayer – violated the Establishment Clause. Since then, the Supreme Court has pushed forward, from banning organized Bible reading for religious and moral instruction in 1963 to prohibiting school-sponsored prayers at high school football games in 2000. (The new survey finds that 8% of teens in public school have ever seen a teacher lead the class in prayer, and the same share have ever had a teacher read to the class from the Bible as an example of literature.)

In these and other decisions, the court has repeatedly stressed that the Constitution prohibits public schools from indoctrinating children in religion.
Thank goodness!
Now,
Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973),[1] was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States generally protected a right to have an abortion. The decision struck down many abortion laws, and caused an ongoing abortion debate in the United States about whether, or to what extent, abortion should be legal, who should decide the legality of abortion, and what the role of moral and religious views in the political sphere should be.
Catch that? It "caused an ongoing debate" o_O Wtf? In other words, abortion had always been contentious to some degree. No one has ever wanted an abortion. Roe changed nothing in those terms. It just wadded the panties of freedom, liberty, and women hating control freaks more than ever before.

Forum List

Back