Where Are All The Atheists And Agnostics?

Once again it is the churches and their members who are the first responders to supply the Louisiana flood victims with needed supplies. This is always the case whenever and wherever a disaster strikes. The churches are always there.

Atheists berate the Churches and Christians but one would be hard pressed to see any atheist or agnostic group handing out water, clothing, or other needed supplies to fellow Americans in their time of need.

And here they are, an atheist group helping out.

"When people need help, secular humanists help them because it's the right thing to do. Because we believe there is no god out there watching over us. And because it's our responsibility to help when we can. Responding to the flooding in Louisiana is the humanist thing to do, and Foundation Beyond Belief is proud to lead the effort."

Rebeccas-Picks-1-of-1.jpg

A Humanist Response to the Severe Flooding in Louisiana

And I suppose you want me to believe that is you in the photo? Talk about grandstanding for a photo op.

I'm not the topic of this thread, idiot.

Nor a contributor to the aid of the flood victims.

Once again it is the churches and their members who are the first responders to supply the Louisiana flood victims with needed supplies. This is always the case whenever and wherever a disaster strikes. The churches are always there.

Atheists berate the Churches and Christians but one would be hard pressed to see any atheist or agnostic group handing out water, clothing, or other needed supplies to fellow Americans in their time of need.

"When people need help, secular humanists help them because it's the right thing to do. Because we believe there is no god out there watching over us. And because it's our responsibility to help when we can. Responding to the flooding in Louisiana is the humanist thing to do, and Foundation Beyond Belief is proud to lead the effort."

And I suppose you want me to believe that is you in the photo? Talk about grandstanding for a photo op.

Since you have no way of knowing any such thing, I conclude that you're only trying to deflect away from your failed thread.

I am all for churches helping out in disasters.

But there is no 'church' of atheists- so when atheists help- we don't wear our 'atheism' on a flag like Christians do.

Personally, I donate to the Red Cross.

You know- the non-religious organization which helps in disasters.

I applaud anyone who helps his neighbor- including Christians, Jews, Muslims and Atheists.

How about you?

So you want atheist and agnostics to stand up, beat their chest and proclaim the good they are doing so you can count them?

What a good Christian you are and I am not Atheist nor Agnostic...

Doesn't mean that there aren't atheists and agnostics lending a hand and working just as hard as other groups. Remember, an organized community often has the resources that a single individual does not. In the Louisiana flood case, the religious community might be likened to a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. However, the atheist/agnostic/individual may be following just as valid a concept: Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Then why can't they organize and actually do a little good themselves? They gripe about what the Christians do all the time yet do very little themselves.

Why don't people who don't collect stamps organize around not collecting stamps?

That is as idiotic as asking atheists to 'organize'

As an Atheist, I donate to both religious organizations (on of my favorites is Glide Memorial Church) and non-religious organizations (Red Cross and Heifer International)

I just don't have to wave a 'atheist' flag in order to donate.

It's not called christ insanity for nothing

Actually, I'm attempting to shame you into getting involved yourself.
Maybe you could duct tape two Bibles into a double-wide and really do some thumping.

Helping out the flood victims is hardly Bible thumping. Of course you wouldn't know that.
I have no reason to believe that you're doing anything to help anyone. Why would you think that your online tirades aimed at non-christians is helping anyone. Quite clearly, pounding away at your keyboard as a part of your online jihad is doing nothing for the flood victims you could care less about.

Yes, I do apologize for taking you away from your many charitable pursuits.

Have you considered the irony of your ranting? The time you spend pounding away at your keyboard as a part of your online jihad suggests you're doing none of the aid contribution you accuse others of not doing.

Since you have no way of knowing any such thing, I conclude that you're only trying to deflect away from your failed thread.

As I said before, the TRUTH hurts. I have shamed you.

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't". Where are all the book clubs and their flood relief, where are all the militia derps and their truck loads of water.

An absurd argument from the git go. Millions of Christians are doing absolutely nothing to help anyone, where are they.

Like I asked, where are the atheists and agnostics. I agree many Christians are not assisting but far far more of them are than are atheists and agnostics.

How do you know that?

Really- you don't know how many atheists and agnostics are helping.

So are you mistaken in your claim- or are you bearing false witness?- i.e. lying.

Because unless you know a) the total number of people who are helping in the disaster and b) how many Christians are helping and c) how many atheists and agnostics are helping- than that claim is either a mistake- or a lie.

Your choice.

Doesn't mean that there aren't atheists and agnostics lending a hand and working just as hard as other groups. Remember, an organized community often has the resources that a single individual does not. In the Louisiana flood case, the religious community might be likened to a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. However, the atheist/agnostic/individual may be following just as valid a concept: Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Then why can't they organize and actually do a little good themselves? They gripe about what the Christians do all the time yet do very little themselves.

Why don't people who don't collect stamps organize around not collecting stamps?

That is as idiotic as asking atheists to 'organize'

As an Atheist, I donate to both religious organizations (on of my favorites is Glide Memorial Church) and non-religious organizations (Red Cross and Heifer International)

I just don't have to wave a 'atheist' flag in order to donate.

Ah, but Carla Danger just posted her atheist flag in order to tout the atheist charitable organization.

I'll have you know that atheists and agnostics are busy trying to get Hillary elected so that she can force them to give more of their tax money to those in need, thank you very much!

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't". Where are all the book clubs and their flood relief, where are all the militia derps and their truck loads of water.

An absurd argument from the git go. Millions of Christians are doing absolutely nothing to help anyone, where are they.

Like I asked, where are the atheists and agnostics. I agree many Christians are not assisting but far far more of them are than are atheists and agnostics.

How do you know that?

So are you mistaken in your claim- or are you bearing false witness?- i.e. lying.

Because unless you know a) the total number of people who are helping in the disaster and b) how many Christians are helping and c) how many atheists and agnostics are helping- than that claim is either a mistake- or a lie.

Your choice.

I simply have found zero links in my search as to atheists aiding in any way. There are many links to churches who are actively aiding.

I'll have you know that atheists and agnostics are busy trying to get Hillary elected so that she can force them to give more of their tax money to those in need, thank you very much!

Finally a ray of honesty.

I think floods are considered 'god's will' so maybe some people just don't want to be seen trampling on god's will.

You have only shamed yourself.

Matthew 6:1-34 ES
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.

Troll thread.

If you hurry you can still be drunk by noon and be able to forget your lack of human compassion. No one will know but you and I.

There is nothing about this thread about 'compassion' - merely you
“practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them"

What Matthew warned against
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them

How do you know that?

Your choice.

I simply have found zero links in my search as to atheists aiding in any way. There are many links to churches who are actively aiding.

I provided you with a link, dummy. Still haven't mastered the art of Google?

You have only shamed yourself.

Matthew 6:1-34 ES
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.

You are condemning me? LOL!!

Forum List

Back