Where did anti-semitism originate from?

dilloduck said:
Found a better link to explain the Austin Games
http://www.austinmaccabi2004.org/

I'm serious--is it possible to prove to directors of a tournament that one is a Jew ?

I looked at your JCC (Jewish Community Center equivalency of the 'Young Mens Christian Assoc') site carefully. There wasn't one word about Jews only being allowed to participate.

There is no way to prove one is Jewish even by DNA examination. In Judaism, anyone claiming to be of Jewish decent has their word accepted as their bond.

I guess that the correct answer would be whether the judges of a YMCA contest between Christian youth has a way of determing whether some Jews, Hindus or Muslims or anybody was a true Christian competitor and not just a Christian contest crasher?

One of the orthodox Jewish synagogues in Houston have a congregation approximately half blacks, Mexicans, Philippinos and Chinese. No one asks them to prove that they are Jewish. They are just welcome to come and participate.

ajwps said:
I looked at your JCC (Jewish Community Center equivalency of the 'Young Mens Christian Assoc') site carefully. There wasn't one word about Jews only being allowed to participate.

There is no way to prove one is Jewish even by DNA examination. In Judaism, anyone claiming to be of Jewish decent has their word accepted as their bond.

I guess that the correct answer would be whether the judges of a YMCA contest between Christian youth has a way of determing whether some Jews, Hindus or Muslims or anybody was a true Christian competitor and not just a Christian contest crasher?

One of the orthodox Jewish synagogues in Houston have a congregation approximately half blacks, Mexicans, Philippinos and Chinese. No one asks them to prove that they are Jewish. They are just welcome to come and participate.

I didn't think there would be a way to prove it. Thats why it just seems wierd to say it was only open to jews. The other web site clearly states that the participants MUST be jewish. It's not that I'm going to call the ACLU or anything AJ. I was just curious. Not everyone hates jews. Your gonna have to accept that or you're gonna go off the deep end here.

• All Jewish USA citizens are eligible for the U.S. Maccabiah Team (even if they competed for another country before becoming a USA citizen). Any Jewish non-citizen in possession of an USA Green Card, may participate as a member of Team USA in one Maccabiah, and only if approved by the USA Maccabiah Committee. Applicants in possession of a Green Card or in the process of applying for a Green Card will receive a supplementary form to complete. This form will be sent to the applicants after they have submitted their application. Appointment of Green Card applicants is subject to the discretion of the USA Maccabiah Committee. This eligibility rule applies to athletes only (coaches, etc., exempted).

dilloduck said:
I didn't think there would be a way to prove it. Thats why it just seems wierd to say it was only open to jews. The other web site clearly states that the participants MUST be jewish. It's not that I'm going to call the ACLU or anything AJ. I was just curious. Not everyone hates jews. Your gonna have to accept that or you're gonna go off the deep end here.

• All Jewish USA citizens are eligible for the U.S. Maccabiah Team (even if they competed for another country before becoming a USA citizen). Any Jewish non-citizen in possession of an USA Green Card, may participate as a member of Team USA in one Maccabiah, and only if approved by the USA Maccabiah Committee. Applicants in possession of a Green Card or in the process of applying for a Green Card will receive a supplementary form to complete. This form will be sent to the applicants after they have submitted their application. Appointment of Green Card applicants is subject to the discretion of the USA Maccabiah Committee. This eligibility rule applies to athletes only (coaches, etc., exempted).

Interesting wording about All Jewish USA citizens are eligible....

I suspect it something like a private (non-government sponsored) organization much like the Boy Scouts of America.

No homosexual boys or leaders need apply. That is apparently the right of all private groups or organizations to decide who may particpate.

ajwps said:
Interesting wording about All Jewish USA citizens are eligible....

I suspect it something like a private (non-government sponsored) organization much like the Boy Scouts of America.

No homosexual boys or leaders need apply. That is apparently the right of all private groups or organizations to decide who may particpate.

I'm sure the Jewish Community Center is NOT government funded. This one is simply no non-jews apply. I have no problem with that but some might.

We would all like to see a copy of the palestinian declartion of statehood anywhere in the world.

Any proof other than your words that there was a palestinian homeland anywhere?

Definition of nation:

A nation is a group of people sharing aspects of their language, culture and/or ethnicity. Ex: French nation, Jewish nation, Arab nation.

Italians in Calabria are part of the italian nation occupying Calabria.

Arabs in Palestine were part of the arab nation occupying Palestine.

In 1948, Palestinian arabs were part of a nation occupying a territory. THE ONLY REASON, they were never a part of any western idea of an ARAB NATION STATE, an ARAB COUNTRY like Iraq or Saudi Arabia is because THESE CONCEPTS ARE A WESTERN INVENTION THAT WERE BROUGHT TO THE MIDDLE EAST BY BRITAIN IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.

Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kwait, Syria etc etc are all ARTIFICIAL COUNTRIES created by Britain during the last century.

There was never any arab nation state, any arab country.

You ask me to prove the existence of a Palestinian state before 48 and this is just plain absurd. Before 48 there was just british and ottoman rule, christian kingdoms and Caliphate.

But palestinian arabs, in 1948, were clearly part of the arab nation occupying that territory, SO PALESTINE WAS INDEED THEIR HOMELAND and they had every right to become citizens of a country that REGARDED THEM AS EQUAL CITIZENS BEFORE THE LAW.

dilloduck said:
I'm sure the Jewish Community Center is NOT government funded. This one is simply no non-jews apply. I have no problem with that but some might.

Yes but that is the current American system. Like it or not....

ajwps said:
Yes but that is the current American system. Like it or not....

I like it--religions should be funded by those who adhere to that religion. If the religion chooses to exclude people it's their right.

José said:
Definition of nation:

A nation is a group of people sharing aspects of their language, culture and/or ethnicity. Ex: French nation, Jewish nation, Arab nation.

Does that include a Black Nation, Homosexual Nation or Indian Nation?

Princeton University Definition of Nation:

state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic -- (a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land")

Princeton University Defintion of Country:

state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic -- (a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land")

Where does a palestinian nation or country fit into either of the two identical definitions with a organized body under a single government? What is the largest manufaturer of the industrialized land of palestine in Israel? Could it be bomb and weapons manufacturing for the children of Arabs?

Italians in Calabria are part of the italian nation occupying Calabria.
Arabs in Palestine were part of the arab nation occupying Palestine.

Italy has a country recognized by the world of nations and has a government, Israel has a country recognized by the world of nations and has a government, palestine has (?) Arafat. What is your point?

In 1948, Palestinian arabs were part of a nation occupying a territory. THE ONLY REASON, they were never a part of any western idea of an ARAB NATION STATE, an ARAB COUNTRY like Iraq or Saudi Arabia is because THESE CONCEPTS ARE A WESTERN INVENTION THAT WERE BROUGHT TO THE MIDDLE EAST BY BRITAIN IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.

Right..... So what is your point? Arabs never formed a Palestinian government, defined any Palestinian land borders or freely elected a government except at the point of a gun. So "NO Palestine".

Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kwait, Syria etc etc are all ARTIFICIAL COUNTRIES created by Britain during the last century.

Okay. So what. And now Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Quwait, Syria, etc have their dictatorship governments set upon their own lands with borders and with their own form of country that Palestinians nor anyone else wants to take as their own. What is your point?

There was never any arab nation state, any arab country.

There isn't a palestine right now. Arab countries are fully recognized by themselves and the world of nations. They didn't turn down the chance to form a government on other's lands. They fought those who had the land and now it is theirs. What is your point?

You ask me to prove the existence of a Palestinian state before 48 and this is just plain absurd. Before 48 there was just british and ottoman rule, christian kingdoms and Caliphate.

And there has been a 3,316 year old land called Israel by the Jewish people but the British chose to call it Jewish Palestine. Right now it is called Israel by the world just like Jordan, Syria, Iran, England, Australia, France and all the rest. No one recognizes Palestine and the Arabs turned down a part of Israel to form such a country. So NO Palestine exists in the world before, during or after 1948.

But palestinian arabs, in 1948, were clearly part of the arab nation occupying that territory, SO PALESTINE WAS INDEED THEIR HOMELAND and they had every right to become citizens of a country that REGARDED THEM AS EQUAL CITIZENS BEFORE THE LAW.

Again I asked you for a copy of this 1948 Palestine government declartion of a state country, a goverment of Arab leader courts running the civil and criminal authority, or anything else that would prove their claim to once having a government where Israel exists today?

A perceived homeland or homesteads do not make a country or citizens thereof. Never in recorded history has a group of squaters living in another's land been regarded as a country.

You still provide no proof of a palestinian country nor did you provide any proof of anything but some Arabs living in Israel in 1948 busy killing Jews.

dilloduck said:
I like it--religions should be funded by those who adhere to that religion. If the religion chooses to exclude people it's their right.

Do you mean that those who adhere to the Southern Baptist Convention welcome donated funds to form groups like Jews for Jesus and other groups pretending to be Jewish in order to convert Jews by PRETENSE?

It's their right of course.

Whatever. I’m not here for your personal pleasure... go to the red light district closer to your home, if this is what your looking for.

Call it a check mate. Call it whatever you want.

Your reputation speaks for itself.

Palestine is now, 2004, a region with two nations in urgent need of a state without ethnic definition, in urgent need of a state of citizens like America.

A state that consider the jewish and the arab nation as equal citizens and allow them to live anywhere they want.

Right of return for the arab population.

Right to live in Gaza, Hebron, Bethlehem etc etc etc for the jewish population.

This is not rocket science...

What’s so damn complex in this whole Palestine/Israel issue that leads people to fill 23 pages of a message board???

Israel is just another Middle Eastern dictatorship waiting to be dismantled and replaced by a democratic, civic state...

ENOUGH OF ETHNIC SUPREMACIST STATES. ENOUGH OF RACIAL DICTATORSHIPS.

In my 35 years on this planet, this is the most moronic non-issue I've ever seen.

1. Peaceful dismantlement of Israel.

2. Creation of a civic state just like America, comprising Israel and the rest of Palestine.

That’s it.

END OF QUESTION.

José said:
Palestine is now, 2004, a region with two nations in urgent need of a state without ethnic definition, in urgent need of a state of citizens like America.

A state that consider the jewish and the arab nation as equal citizens and allow them to live anywhere they want.

What’s so damn complex in this whole Palestine/Israel issue that leads people to fill 23 pages of a message board???

Israel is just another Middle Eastern dictatorship waiting to be dismantled and replaced by a democratic, civic state...

In my 35 years on this planet, this is the most moronic non-issue I've ever seen.

2. Creation of a civic state just like America, comprising Israel and the rest of Palestine.

That’s it.

END OF QUESTION.

Jose, don't usually go here, but this caught my attention:

Do you mean in place of?

and you are looking for the end of Israel? right?

José said:
Whatever. I’m not here for your personal pleasure... go to the red light district closer to your home, if this is what your looking for.

Call it a check mate. Call it whatever you want.

Your reputation speaks for itself.

Your the one who brought up the definition of a nation to somehow equate a palestine as one. Thanks for your vouchsafing my reputation here.

José said:

That’s it.

END OF QUESTION.

This part of Jose incoherent statement peaked my interest as well.

He omitted the words 'of palestine' at the end of his sentence.

Brilliant obfuscation of his obvious bias toward a palestine non-entity.

What he really means is Israel, a Middle Eastern country, is in the current process of dismantling the Arab terrorists living within the land borders of Israel.

originally posted by Kathianne

Do you mean in place of?

and you are looking for the end of Israel? right?

originally posted by ajwps

He omitted the words 'of palestine' at the end of his sentence.

Brilliant obfuscation of his obvious bias toward a palestine non-entity.

Kathianne and ajwps

Since you both seem to be equating the end of Israel with the mass murder or ethnic cleansing of the israeli jews here’s my combined answer to you.

The only thing I want is the end of an Israel that resembles South Africa under apartheid and it’s replacement by an Israel that resembles America.

But since the borders of Israel only exist to keep the racial segregation between the arab and the jewish population of Israel/Palestine, when all the measures I described in a previous post had been implemented, those borders would lose their raison detre and there would be no valid reason to prevent the unification of Israel/Palestine.

So to give you a more direct answer, yes, I, TOGETHER WITH THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF AMERICA, do want the peaceful end of Israel, just like we wanted the end of South Africa under white supremacist rule.

We need to overcome this mindset based on paranoia where segregation is the only thing able to keep the jewish community in Palestine alive, because this was the main argument the racists of South Africa used to justify their heinous state. You can’t equate the end of a political entity with the end of the people who live there, but if you do believe this, I politely ask you both to reread my two posts about the way in which the peaceful dismantlement of Israel could be implemented. There I described the way the jewish state could be dismantled without causing any inconvenience to the jewish people.

Look, IMO, the forced displacement of the jewish population in Hebron and other settlements, SPECIALLY THE ONES WHERE YOU ALREADY HAVE A GENERATION BORN THERE is absolutely disgusting.

The big irony, is that people like Thomas Friedman who support a two state solution and is perceived as being biased towards the jews is in fact SUPPORTING THE ETHNIC CLEANSING OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY IN THE WEST BANK AND GAZA STRIP and this poster who is perceived by most people as being anti zionism is in fact one of the few here supporting THE CREATION OF EVEN MORE JEWISH COMMUNITIES throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Two state solution = no jews can live in Gaza and the West Bank and arabs can’t return to Israel.

One state solution = everybody can live anywhere they want (I know ajwps has a different one state solution but this is another story).

IMO, there’s no such thing as a good ethnic cleansig. They are all immoral, abhorrent.

The Israel/Palestine issue is a no brainer IF you still haven’t lost your moral bearings....

You have two nations, two peoples who have equally strong claims( since most israelis were born there) to the same territory.

Well, two nations and one territory demmands a bi-national state... A civic state like America.

Palestine (the region) does not need american money, Palestine needs to BECOME America.

I’m gonna write an analogy between Palestine and America tomorrow night because it’s late here, but I warn you both, IT’S NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

ajwps said:

Princeton University Definition of Nation:

Princeton University Defintion of Country:

Where does a palestinian nation or country fit into either of the two identical definitions with a organized body under a single government? What is the largest manufaturer of the industrialized land of palestine in Israel? Could it be bomb and weapons manufacturing for the children of Arabs?

Italy has a country recognized by the world of nations and has a government, Israel has a country recognized by the world of nations and has a government, palestine has (?) Arafat. What is your point?

Right..... So what is your point? Arabs never formed a Palestinian government, defined any Palestinian land borders or freely elected a government except at the point of a gun. So "NO Palestine".

Okay. So what. And now Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Quwait, Syria, etc have their dictatorship governments set upon their own lands with borders and with their own form of country that Palestinians nor anyone else wants to take as their own. What is your point?

There isn't a palestine right now. Arab countries are fully recognized by themselves and the world of nations. They didn't turn down the chance to form a government on other's lands. They fought those who had the land and now it is theirs. What is your point?

And there has been a 3,316 year old land called Israel by the Jewish people but the British chose to call it Jewish Palestine. Right now it is called Israel by the world just like Jordan, Syria, Iran, England, Australia, France and all the rest. No one recognizes Palestine and the Arabs turned down a part of Israel to form such a country. So NO Palestine exists in the world before, during or after 1948.

Again I asked you for a copy of this 1948 Palestine government declartion of a state country, a goverment of Arab leader courts running the civil and criminal authority, or anything else that would prove their claim to once having a government where Israel exists today?

A perceived homeland or homesteads do not make a country or citizens thereof. Never in recorded history has a group of squaters living in another's land been regarded as a country.

You still provide no proof of a palestinian country nor did you provide any proof of anything but some Arabs living in Israel in 1948 busy killing Jews.
http://www.lib.byu.edu/~rdh/wwi/versa/vmap2.gif

José said:
Kathianne and ajwps

Since you both seem to be equating the end of Israel with the mass murder or ethnic cleansing of the israeli jews here’s my combined answer to you. The only thing I want is the end of an Israel that resembles South Africa under apartheid and it’s replacement by an Israel that resembles America.

Poof, Israel is now a land that doesn't resemble any other country and has no Apartheid policy. What you don't want is an Israel that resembles America because the USA does not tolerate an enemy within its border that kills it citizens. America would simply kill every Arab older than six for even the little ones wear dynamite belts.

But since the borders of Israel only exist to keep the racial segregation between the arab and the jewish population of Israel/Palestine, when all the measures I described in a previous post had been implemented, those borders would lose their raison detre and there would be no valid reason to prevent the unification of Israel/Palestine.

The only reason for the borders that exist in Israel is not for racial segregation but to keep the Arab countries from walking into Israel from Lebanon, Syria, Jordan or Egypt. Lucky you dont have the power to do anything but evacuating your bowels.

So to give you a more direct answer, yes, I, TOGETHER WITH THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF AMERICA, do want the peaceful end of Israel, just like we wanted the end of South Africa under white supremacist rule.

You and the American founding fathers are truly alike. You are all DEAD but you don't seem to know it yet. Why don't you want a peaceful end to the Arabs living in Israel for there would be no more discrimination or oppression or apatheid. You would be out on your ears in the desert of Mecca.

We need to overcome this mindset based on paranoia where segregation is the only thing able to keep the jewish community in Palestine alive, because this was the main argument the racists of South Africa used to justify their heinous state. You can’t equate the end of a political entity with the end of the people who live there, but if you do believe this, I politely ask you both to reread my two posts about the way in which the peaceful dismantlement of Israel could be implemented. There I described the way the jewish state could be dismantled without causing any inconvenience to the jewish people.

Let me set your mind (set) at rest. Israel is not South Africa and South Africa is not Israel. Never were there any valid comparisons between the two countries. The Arab states are all apartheid racial cleansings states that are soon to be dismantled but NOT PEACEFULLY. Mr. Bush has begun phase one of this implementation and soon the dismantling of Iran and Syria followed by the dismantling of the rest of Islam. Does that meet your wishes?

Look, IMO, the forced displacement of the jewish population in Hebron and other settlements, SPECIALLY THE ONES WHERE YOU ALREADY HAVE A GENERATION BORN THERE is absolutely disgusting.

Yes of course so is the displacement of the Jewish population from any part of Israel including the West Bank and Gaza Strip disgusting. All of Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and has been for more than 3 thousand years. Before you meet Allah in a sudden violent explosion, get that through your skull bone.

The big irony, is that people like Thomas Friedman who support a two state solution and is perceived as being biased towards the jews is in fact SUPPORTING THE ETHNIC CLEANSING OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY IN THE WEST BANK AND GAZA STRIP and this poster who is perceived by most people as being anti zionism is in fact one of the few here supporting THE CREATION OF EVEN MORE JEWISH COMMUNITIES throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Thomas Friedman is much like an Arab traitor. Both are doing what they do best. Friedman by hating his own people and the Arab collaborators by giving their brothers up to the missles from Israeli gunships. Thanks for your HELP in undestanding that the GAZA and WEST BANK are nothing more nor less than Eretz Yisroel. Always have been and always will be.

Two state solution = no jews can live in Gaza and the West Bank and arabs can’t return to Israel.

One state solution = no Arabs in Israel and no return tickets back into Israel.

One state solution = everybody can live anywhere they want (I know ajwps has a different one state solution but this is another story).

Brother you said a mouthful there.

IMO, there’s no such thing as a good ethnic cleansig. They are all immoral, abhorrent.

IMHO you have no opinion but simple evil intentions to destroy the world to make an Islam around the globe. But there are forces that prevent the seas from being contaminated, the sky from losing Ozone and the Arabs from taking over the world. That is nature at its finest.

The Israel/Palestine issue is a no brainer IF you still haven’t lost your moral bearings....

You are correct. You are a no-brainer as your moral bearings haven't been there since you learned hatred from your mother's breast.

You have two nations, two peoples who have equally strong claims( since most israelis were born there) to the same territory.

You have one Israeli nation with a murderous Arab people living within the borders of Israel. There is a country of Palestine but it isn't in Israel. You will just have to be surprised when you find yourself in a large hole where the Kaba'ah used to be.

Well, two nations and one territory demmands a bi-national state... A civic state like America.

For your information, America is neither a two nation state nor a state for Arab terrorists. When the human body has cancer, you have to cut out the (Arabs) cancer, take anti-cancer drugs (poison killer Arabs) or irradiate the (nuke the Arabs) cancer cells so that the body becomes healthy again. Israel has all three methods in the bag of technological armamentarium. They will use it and you won't have to worry about apartheid states or oppression.

Palestine (the region) does not need american money, Palestine needs to BECOME America.

So you say but only in your pea-brain.

I’m gonna write an analogy between Palestine and America tomorrow night because it’s late here, but I warn you both, IT’S NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

What is your analogy?

Let me give you an analogy instead. A bi-national Israel is like an Arab who doesn't like to have oral sex with men. Beware Arab, your time on earth is short.

dilloduck said:

I should have said was there an Arab palestinian government charter or declaration of a palestinian state in 1924.

Your site is being reposted below but I find no reference to the number of Arabs vs Jews in Israel (British palestine) in 1924.

The Balfour Declaration

Seldom in history has so brief a document been the foundation of so great a world-commotion as the Balfour Declaration upon Zionism. It is merely a single sentence of sixty-eight words addressed by Mr. A. J. Balfour, on November 2, 1917, to Lord Rothschild. Yet the Zionists of every country acclaimed it as the charter of a new state, the assurance of a new day for universal Jewry.

The text has been continuously under a microscope, and the phrase "a national home" is still a matter of controversy. In the bitter struggle that has raged over the Declaration, the Zionists have stressed the first half of the nicely-balanced document; while the Anti-Zionists, especially in Syria, have laid emphasis upon the latter portion. The British tax-payer and the House of Lords has laid anathema upon it all!

Here is the full text of the Declaration:-

"His Majesty's government view with favor the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

Apparently A.J. Balfour made an inexplicable error in judgement with one sentence in his sixty-eight word note to Lord Rothchild. Such inadvertent or purposeful sentences can sometimes change the history of mankind.

Just another one of those mysterious coincidences in the history of Israel.

Forum List

Back