Where did republicans get the rap as racist when history says it was the demcrats?

The perception that the GOP hate Blacks might be wrong, just as you say.

But the perception of that hate is why Blacks do not support the GOP.

Now seriously, is that really hard for you to understand?

You are wasting your time with this guy.

Yup.

As we all do with about half the sock puppets nazis who haunt this place.

About the only benefit to responding to their silliness is that it gives us them opportunity to show us who and what they really are.

That's actually the greatest benefit of a FREE SPEECH board.

Let's us know who the asshats are.
"Nazis"? You're a retard.

Are you saying history has no bearing on the present?

Well if a person is born in Texas, they pretty much have no choice. They are a Texan by birth.

You lame attempt at an insult ....FAILED!!

I am saying that the Democratic and Republican parties are different today. If the Republicans were so good to minorities, why do the majority side with the Democrats?

Yes, something that a Texan has to deal with for life.

The Republican party hasn't changed all that much since 1854.

Minorities side with those that gives them a handout.

Remember that it was the Democrats who supported slavery, the KKK, Jim Crowe laws and segregation whereas it was a Republican President who presided over a Civil War that freed black slaves. And today it is the Democrats who want to keep black people addicted to welfare entitlements, forever preventing them from standing on their own two feet and making them ever beholden to the nanny state. And by keeping them imprisoned to the public treasury, Democrats ensure that black people continue to vote for them.

Quite the racist statement, thank you.

The perception that the GOP hate Blacks might be wrong, just as you say.

But the perception of that hate is why Blacks do not support the GOP.

Now seriously, is that really hard for you to understand?

True. I'll never buy into your leftist horseshit.

You would never consider and think about anything other than what you believe.

Wrong. I used to oppose gays serving openly in the military. After long discussions with a gay Marine who was discharged for his orientation and lots of personal reflection, I now support the repeal of DADT.

Tell me, have you ever changed your mind on an issue after discussing it with a conservative?

I am saying that the Democratic and Republican parties are different today. If the Republicans were so good to minorities, why do the majority side with the Democrats?

Remember that it was the Democrats who supported slavery, the KKK, Jim Crowe laws and segregation whereas it was a Republican President who presided over a Civil War that freed black slaves. And today it is the Democrats who want to keep black people addicted to welfare entitlements, forever preventing them from standing on their own two feet and making them ever beholden to the nanny state. And by keeping them imprisoned to the public treasury, Democrats ensure that black people continue to vote for them.

Racist or not, it's true.

That has changed huh?

the black voter used to be devoted to the republican party for those very reasons.

Why did black voters bail on your party?

The more recent history of the republican party huh?

When you can back up your statements and/or allegations with facts, come back and we'll have an "honest" discussion about it.

Before you run away, please answer my question about why minorities side with the Democrats.

If you had a Democrats that were to simply give you free handouts that you dont have to work for or share any "responsibility" in achieving, would you switch political parties? What is unfortunate, is that in many blue states (states where Democrats are able to show their party CAN actually make a difference) minorites are still poor, and live off the state without any significant changes to bringing them out of poverty and into a better life. Does that sound like a party that supports minorities, or simply tells them what they want to hear for political votes?

Last edited:
Are you saying history has no bearing on the present?

Well if a person is born in Texas, they pretty much have no choice. They are a Texan by birth.

You lame attempt at an insult ....FAILED!!

The failure is in the educational system. Many don't have a very good grasp of American history to begin with, and the quality of our schools have only gotten worse. Instead our schools have become a platform for unchecked and unopposed 'ideological" views.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKLJ97nPRI]Vice President Joe Biden visits 4th graders to push jobs bill - YouTube[/ame]

The Republicans are not as they once were.
Mostly white southern democrats are now republicans.

And many of the remianing democrats are now coprorate sponsors not labor sponsors.

Last edited:
The Republicans are not as they once were.
Mostly white southern democrats are now republicans.

And many of the remianing democrats are now coprorate sponsors not labor sponsors.

If todays Republicans are racist why is every black concervative an uncle tom? Why do they want to focus on Cain, simply for the color of his skin, and use that same focus to say a Republican must be racist if he doesn't agree with Obama's policies? Sounds to me it's quite evident which party wants to focus on someone's "COLOR". That's very unfortunate for todays Democrats who 'claim' to believe and support in equality (that's equality for those who believe in the same liberal 'ideology' as they do).

‘Party trumps race’ for Steele foes
By The Washington Times

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.

Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an “Uncle Tom” and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.
'Party trumps race' for Steele foes - Washington Times

Last edited:

Wrong. I used to oppose gays serving openly in the military. After long discussions with a gay Marine who was discharged for his orientation and lots of personal reflection, I now support the repeal of DADT.

Tell me, have you ever changed your mind on an issue after discussing it with a conservative?

I read conservative political writers, and they sometimes convince me that they are right.

I read conservative political writers, and they sometimes convince me that they are right.
On what issues?

I sometimes read liberal writers who shake my belief on certain issues that I agree with them about because they believe for crazy reasons. affirmative action and abortion come to mind.

Large cities with a high percentage of low income residents

1.Detroit, Michigan 36.4
2.Cleveland, Ohio 35.0
3.Buffalo, New York 28.8
4.Milwaukee, Wisconsin 27.0
5.St. Louis, Missouri 26.7
6.Miami, Florida 26.5
7.Memphis, Tennessee 26.2
8.Cincinnati, Ohio 25.7
9.Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 25.0
10.Newark, New Jersey 23.9
how many are red vs blue states?

Large cities with a high percentage of low income residents

1.Detroit, Michigan 36.4
2.Cleveland, Ohio 35.0
3.Buffalo, New York 28.8
4.Milwaukee, Wisconsin 27.0
5.St. Louis, Missouri 26.7
6.Miami, Florida 26.5
7.Memphis, Tennessee 26.2
8.Cincinnati, Ohio 25.7
9.Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 25.0
10.Newark, New Jersey 23.9
how many are red vs blue states?

The mayors of those cities Republicans or democrats?

Okay, let's make it easy, is there even ONE Republican mayor in there?

Racist or not, it's true.

They side with who treats them like humans, and I will give you a clue, you are not one of these people.

On what issues?

I have read Andrew Sullivan for years, and I have agreed with much of what he says, especially in the last 5 years.

Issues? Iraq. Gay marriage. Human rights. The economy. The gap between conservatives and liberals.

If this person had been a gay liberal instead of a gay Marine, you would not have had any time for him.

Forum List

Back