Where does the constitution give federal judges the power to repeal laws?

READING Article III is not enough, Fakey. One must try to understand it and one should attempt to do so in conjunction with the rest of the Constitution and what the Founders and Framers were attempting to accomplish. You lolberals (and other fraud "Republicans" like you) are seemingly incapable of grasping any of that.
You are a lawyer, so you know just how laughable is that which you just wrote.

What the Founders and Framers did, as commendable as it was, still lacked basic decency towards women and slaves and Native Americans and others.

If I were a history teacher, I would use some of your examples as evidence of the progress that we have made in the last 200 plus years from your silly mindset.
A lawyer...

BWahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa....

what kind of a lawyer? Jesus, what a joke

Look at the pot.......
why do insist on killing perfectly good threads?

just wonderin' :eusa_whistle:

Let's see.....your post just prior was meant to do what ?

Moron.

READING Article III is not enough, Fakey. One must try to understand it and one should attempt to do so in conjunction with the rest of the Constitution and what the Founders and Framers were attempting to accomplish. You lolberals (and other fraud "Republicans" like you) are seemingly incapable of grasping any of that.

What the Founders and Framers did, as commendable as it was, still lacked basic decency towards women and slaves and Native Americans and others.

If I were a history teacher, I would use some of your examples as evidence of the progress that we have made in the last 200 plus years from your silly mindset.
A lawyer...

Look at the pot.......

Moron.

your nose is very wet. How do we know? You're sniffing my butt

finding out that people would take Liability seriously as a lawyer is amusing. now what is it you want?

A lawyer...

Look at the pot.......

Moron.

finding out that people would take Liability seriously as a lawyer is amusing. now what is it you want?

I don't know Liability.

But I've seen you work....you know nothing.

BTW: the thing in your butt is not my nose....it's your boyfriend.

Just run along before somebody hurts you.

You'll notice the entire previous page was a shouting match.....but I kill threads....now...that's the joke.

A lawyer...

Look at the pot.......

Moron.

I don't know Liability.

You'll notice the entire previous page was a shouting match.....but I kill threads....now...that's the joke.

What are you doing right now? I asked "What do you want?"

Look at the pot.......

Moron.

I don't know Liability.

You are the slug that started this. I guess you should ask yourself that question.

You know Liability is not a lawyer...how ?

Moron.

I don't know Liability.

You are the slug that started this. I guess you should ask yourself that question.

You know Liability is not a lawyer...how ?
So you're a sock puppet of which former member?

A lawyer...

Correll is often wrong, but he will fight yet he will try to learn. Ilar, asshole though he is, is always up for a good fight. Sun Devil and BobBlaylock are the quintessential "can't take what they try to dish out" Board losers. Better they stay down, because if they get try get up, they will get the crap kicked out of them.

Sad.

Fakey is never up for a good fight because his entire persona is a dishonest bit of fiction. He lies habitually and is utterly unequipped to make a coherent argument or defend any of his "positions" via logic -- ever.

Dainty is even worse in some ways.

The claim that what the Founders and Framers did lacked "decency" toward native Americans and Indians is so ignorant and misinformed as to require nothing more than highlighting.

Dainty, in all seriousness, you are a truly pathetic vile little person.

You argue with Fakey...... ????

I think you'd get better answers from Special Olympics entrants.

I only see his drivel when you quote him.....it's the same experience as cutting onions. I have him on ignore.

I love it: "You are impressed with my influence...." :bs1::bs1::bs1::bs1:

He is an abject fraud and I often get him to say remarkably stupid things which (inadvertently, of course) reveal the fraud he is -- in abundant detail.

It can be an amusing diversion.

Keep looking. You'll also notice how terribly thin skinned he is. It must be painful.

Funny stuff.
Sun Devil and Ilar are the two easiest dweebs to out on the Board. Fact.

Fakey's pathetic efforts at come-backs ^ always amount to some limp derivation of "oh yeah? Well, YOU too!"

It's not worth the time.

He can't debate. Only lecture and claim he has God on his side (or something like that)...so you have to be wrong.

I will agree...he is a fake republican.
Ilar, your little buddy wanted to declare God was on his side. When I showed him He was not, he got all bent out of shape, so I kicked him back into shape. And he is pissed about it. * * * *

No such thing EVER occurred, of course. Probably not even in the dishonest petty little "mind" of Fakey.

Fakey is incapable of ever being honest.
Fakey, you utterly dishonest perpetually lying rat twat, try to grasp something fundamental here: when all you do is pile your lies atop your other lies, you aren't actually engaged in a fight, an argument or a discussion. And you most certainly never "win" in your laughable efforts.

Everyone here knows are, at your core, a complete fraud and laughing at you is an unavoidable Board Memeber pass-time for anyone who reads your drivel.

A lawyer...

Correll is often wrong, but he will fight yet he will try to learn. Ilar, asshole though he is, is always up for a good fight. Sun Devil and BobBlaylock are the quintessential "can't take what they try to dish out" Board losers. Better they stay down, because if they get try get up, they will get the crap kicked out of them.
Sad. Fakey is never up for a good fight because his entire persona is a dishonest bit of fiction. He lies habitually and is utterly unequipped to make a coherent argument or defend any of his "positions" via logic -- ever. Dainty is even worse in some ways. The claim that what the Founders and Framers did lacked "decency" toward native Americans and Indians is so ignorant and misinformed as to require nothing more than highlighting. Dainty, in all seriousness, you are a truly pathetic vile little person.
Mirror image, Ilar. You are the one who did not keep your promise. You are the one who lies. You are the one who continually mischaracterizes the Founders, our American narrative, and our seminal principles. That you refuse to accept Article III's granting of original jurisdiction to SCOTUS is just too bad. When you ally with the Blaylocks, the mocking laughter at you can be heard throughout the Board world. And Dante owns you: just fact.

He is an abject fraud and I often get him to say remarkably stupid things which (inadvertently, of course) reveal the fraud he is -- in abundant detail.

It can be an amusing diversion.

Keep looking. You'll also notice how terribly thin skinned he is. It must be painful.

Funny stuff.

Fakey's pathetic efforts at come-backs ^ always amount to some limp derivation of "oh yeah? Well, YOU too!"

It's not worth the time.

He can't debate. Only lecture and claim he has God on his side (or something like that)...so you have to be wrong.

Ilar, your little buddy wanted to declare God was on his side. When I showed him He was not, he got all bent out of shape, so I kicked him back into shape. And he is pissed about it. * * * *

No such thing EVER occurred, of course. Probably not even in the dishonest petty little "mind" of Fakey.

Fakey, you utterly dishonest perpetually lying rat twat, try to grasp something fundamental here: when all you do is pile your lies atop your other lies, you aren't actually engaged in a fight, an argument or a discussion. And you most certainly never "win" in your laughable efforts.

Everyone here knows are, at your core, a complete fraud and laughing at you is an unavoidable Board Memeber pass-time for anyone who reads your drivel.
Everyone knows that you, Ilar, lied: you said you would leave the Board for good then reneged. You and Blaylock are the laughing stock of the board. You just don't have what it takes to succeed here.

Ilar lies about his reneging on his promise to leave if he lost the bet. He writes, "No such thing EVER occurred, of course." You, as liability, said you would leave. So you come back as Ilar. That is reneging, bub.

You lie all the time, you can't argue, you can't take a punch, and you just cry when you can't take what you dish. Everyone knows that at the base level of your character you have no integrity, your word is worthless, and that your comprehension level is nil.

You are here for entertainment, for grins and chuckles, for nothing else.

It's not worth the time.

Everyone knows that you, Ilar, lied: you said you would leave the Board for good then reneged. You and Blaylock are the laughing stock of the board. You just don't have what it takes to succeed here.

Yet AGAIN, Fakey, you just repeat that same old lie to confirm that you ARE nothing but a liar.

The TRUTH (an alien concept to a compulsive liar like you) was that I had a bet with a twerp involving the stakes of leaving the Board. But the other party got "permabanned" prior to the bet's fruition. With no other party to the "bet" still here, the bet became void.

Actually, Fakey, you EARNED your reputation as the Board's dishonest petty joke via your dishonest claim that you are (or ever were) a "Republican." Everyone knows you are nothing more than an abject lowlife lying sack of shit.

Oh, and Fakey:

If we were to bother spending time reviewing (objectively) all the posts between us, in the history of our membership at USMB, we would merely CONFIRM that you cannot throw a punch, you certainly cannot land a punch and you have a glass jaw when it comes to taking a punch.

:thup:

Ilar lies about his reneging on his promise to leave if he lost the bet. He writes, "No such thing EVER occurred, of course." You, as liability, said you would leave. So you come back as Ilar. That is reneging, bub.

You lie all the time, you can't argue, you can't take a punch, and you just cry when you can't take what you dish. Everyone knows that at the base level of your character you have no integrity, your word is worthless, and that your comprehension level is nil.

You are here for entertainment, for grins and chuckles, for nothing else.

See? You simply are unable to stop lying.

I told the other party to a bet that the terms of our bet would be leaving. THEN the other party got permabanned.

Thus, the bet was voided.

Your inability and unwillingness, Fakey, to EVER be honest changes nothing,

Tell us that story again about how you are a Republican.

Ilar continue to lie, as he does as Ilar, as he did as Liability. :lol:

He has provided years of metaphorical punching enjoyment, and I am glad he is willing to continue as a punch drunk USMB poster.

Fakey is to debating as he is to honesty.

And everyone knows that his US Message Board persona (he actually clings to the transparently dishonest claim that he is a "Republican," even though essentially no one buys that obvious lie) is the premise of most of his other lies.

I have kicked his ass here so hard and so often, I end up with a callous on my foot.

Fakey is to debating as he is to honesty.

And everyone knows that his US Message Board persona (he actually clings to the transparently dishonest claim that he is a "Republican," even though essentially no one buys that obvious lie) is the premise of most of his other lies.

I have kicked his ass here so hard and so often, I end up with a callous on my foot.
Oh I almost forgot to ask! What particular law that violated the constitution do you not like?

Millions of examples but worst of all is when in 1982 the Supreme court repealed laws that banned illegals from using our public schools. They then wrote a new law saying taxpayers have to give the illegals free k-12. Plyler v Doe.

Of course, there is nothing in the constitution about education or rights of illegals. The court took their usual bribes and wrote a new law.

ShootSpeeders

Would you please explain how the "wrote the new law".

I am not familiar with this case and am not challenging your claims.

I'd like some further explanation.

I looked it over on the net and read some of the commentary.

What struck me was that somehow children were being denied a "right".

I didn't realize that education was a right.

The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are

All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states

Writing laws and repealing laws are legislative powers and yet federal judges are constantly declaring laws unconstitutional and repealing them and sometimes even writing a new law in its place!

Article 3 Section 1&2:

"Section 1.

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;

Article III | LII / Legal Information Institute

This says "laws of the United States", not "laws of Montana".

Isn't there a difference.

There is evidence that the framers intended the court to do what they do, Federalist Papers and all that.
The framers simply didn't put it into the Constitution and the Court decided lo and behold it was there all the time. People have accepted Marbury and most think it was written into the Constitution.

Even Robert Bork gives credit to Marshall for Marbury. In his estimation, it seems that without it the Union would tear itself a part.

But then he says that Marshall was somewhat contradictory in his behavior as a judge in his later years.

Certainly, one thing that has failed has been the legislature. They should move to make sure the exact limitations defined by the courts are challenged on a routine basis.

I don't believe courts seek to write laws (with some exceptions). However, their words are often interpreted as such.

Do people on political websites not go and learn what the separation of powers are before they start talking crap?

This OP is typical of people who have big gobs and know nothing about anything, but will still tell everyone how wrong they are.

Forum List

Back