Where does the GOP go from here?

The last fig leaf is gone. The GOP, defeated and fragmented is now going to have to weave it's broken parts together and limp along, after spending 5 years backing a tin - pot dictator who would rather incite goon squads to riot and kill their own citizens, rather than accept the outcome of an election. When Al Gore and Hillary Clinton lost their elections, they were angry...but never resorted to violence, choosing instead to make their grievances known in the courts. Republicans can try to spin this horrific event, but it won't work.

So - Where does the GOP go from here? Do they return to their Conservative roots which have been the traditional place for the "angry white man" who's political power is slowly eroding due to changing demographics, or do they continue to back an obese ex President, who faces a mountain of legal and financial problems once he leaves office? Either way; the future of the GOP is not a pretty one. :dunno:

Actually, the GOP has a bright future -- at least in theory.

In the coming decades, enough Americans will become so sick & tired of the Democratic dictatorship that they will vote in droves for Republicans -- IF the Dems will allow honest elections (and that's a big "if").
1. The 2022 mid-terms should get the House and Senate back to the GOP
2. The 2024 election should have the GOP candidate kick Kamala's ass.

I'm not looking at "decades" of democrat rule. They had to cheat to beat Trump.
The GOP got beat and outsmarted by Stacy Abrams. That needs to be fixed.

Like the chick said in Red Dawn "everything is different now".

The Democrats have learned how to steal elections. We will never have another legitimate election because the Democrats control swing voting districts, do the counting and create the unverified ballots.

Until be start having stiff punishment for voter fraud it will continue. The Courts or law enforcement don't seem much interested so the Democrats will continue to do it.
You spoiled brats can reiterate till yer dying day but you don't represent the truth.

We'll see, but I have no idea how anyone who doesn't bow to the Trumpsters can get anywhere in the party.

And now that they've shit the bed, they'll be more toxic than ever to everyone else.

Up until Tuesday, I thought Trump would remain a political power broker in the party.

As of Tuesday, Trump is toxic

The last fig leaf is gone. The GOP, defeated and fragmented is now going to have to weave it's broken parts together and limp along, after spending 5 years backing a tin - pot dictator who would rather incite goon squads to riot and kill their own citizens, rather than accept the outcome of an election. When Al Gore and Hillary Clinton lost their elections, they were angry...but never resorted to violence, choosing instead to make their grievances known in the courts. Republicans can try to spin this horrific event, but it won't work.

So - Where does the GOP go from here? Do they return to their Conservative roots which have been the traditional place for the "angry white man" who's political power is slowly eroding due to changing demographics, or do they continue to back an obese ex President, who faces a mountain of legal and financial problems once he leaves office? Either way; the future of the GOP is not a pretty one. :dunno:

Most of them will disappear into irrelevance. They resisted and put up roadblocks to Trump for 4 years. Trump gained a record number of votes and they still remain loyal to their dying donors, some from the Bush era who are looking for the next conquest, instead of understanding the demands of everyday Americans. Just think of how many thousands of people were pouring into your country illegally and they say and allowed it!

Since China has grown so powerful and their influence so broad, ANY military excursion will be met by China in one form or another, so those days are over. Leaving the Bush/Romney/McCain supporters impotent. The only military excursions will be happening by China if they so choose, America will once again be in recoil mode, and "here, take our capital and jobs" ideology of out of touch elites looking to shift their success to the Commies.

GOP should have stood with Trump from the beginning and supported the majority of his campaign promises. Instead, they've lost voters. The same way Fox News is losing support. You have to be quite thick to not see the long term ramifications.

You can cover your eyes, ears, mouth like a monkey, but, it doesn't change the reality about what Americans want. GOP won't be in power again for a long time. Elections have consequences and the inability to fight when it mattered, over 4 years; will cost them dearly.

We'll see, but I have no idea how anyone who doesn't bow to the Trumpsters can get anywhere in the party.

And now that they've shit the bed, they'll be more toxic than ever to everyone else.

Up until Tuesday, I thought Trump would remain a political power broker in the party.

Toxic is a strong word considering he had 75M votes.

People aren't going to buy the "oh look Trump stormed the Capitol!" rhetoric. In fact, I heard FAR more open support by MSM and Dem politicians for ANTIFA and BLM when they were burning cities.

So, if you want to call him toxic, what in the F do you say about those cheering on the burning of cities?

Trump understood that capitalism and America First was needed. You think all of the angry supporters who don't live in D.C, NY or Cali or who don't have maids, are going to get behind GOP again?

Watch the politicians who turn their back on Trumps agenda, just as they watched illegal citizens pour into your country for years. Their time in office is only until the next election.

Take Judas Romney for instance, he is only remaining a politician because he went to Utah. Ensuring he can remain a politician for the rest of his life. Outside of Alaska or Alabama, where else would a GOP be more secure? Many GOP will follow that used car salesman right into the abyss of nothingness. His power in the party isn't that he has a clue, it is only that they know that the guy isn't going anywhere. He will be in his rocking chair before he leaves office.

Also, many of the Dem leaders are in their late 70's and 80s. Get ready for the AOC Show. You earned it.

Trump may have lost, but it only means America has lost. Patriotism is going to decline, China is going to expand and there will be no answer from those who think military intervention can happen anytime. The very nation they are arming is blunting the Wests options.

Last edited:

My life is rather habitual.
Get up. Go Play golf
maybe metal detect the park on the way home
watch old movies on tv.
Politics are never discussed at family outings
Go to church every sunday.

How is that toxic
If you support Trumpism, you are toxic.

Get up. Go Play golf
watch old movies on tv.

How is that toxic

What is Trumpism?

The Republicans need to WALK AWAY. Literally. Walk out of both chambers of Congress. Throw any member who refused out of the party. Let the Democrat gigs have their day for the next two years and see the populace run from the Democrats in a wave come 2022 and 2024.

Yeah, this is gonna be REALLY interesting.

Screw the GOP. They should have given the people & workers the tax cuts & bailouts. But instead the first thing Trump & Republicans did was give the Elite tax cuts & took away SALT deductions for the people. They also gave the Elite $6+Trillion bailout but held our $2,000 stimulus hostage to get liability protection for the Elite!
Congress is majority Democrat and that is where the bills come from. But you are correct in that the elites took care of the elites.
No! - Not when the Elite tax cuts & take away of SALT deductions for the people passed & Trump signed it, it was all Republican!!!
More Dems voted for it than Reps.
You Continue to LIE!!!!!!
227 Republicans voted for the Deficit Exploding Tax Cuts for Elites
191 Democrats voted Against the Deficit Exploding Tax Cuts for Elites

Get up. Go Play golf
watch old movies on tv.

How is that toxic
We all know what Bidenism is: Getting in peoples personal space, touching women inappropriately, receiving bribes from China and russian. Enabling yours sons cocaine and sexual behaviour.

But ya,

What is Trumpism

We all know what Bidenism is: Getting in peoples personal space, touching women inappropriately, receiving bribes from China and russian. Enabling yours sons cocaine and sexual behaviour.

But ya,

What is Trumpism

Get up. Go Play golf
watch old movies on tv.

How is that toxic

But ya,

What is Trumpism
Trumpism is arrogant, bigoted, paranoid ignorance.

Trumpism is sheep being conned by a buffoon.

Trumpism is an attack on our nation's capitol, death and destruction.

Trumpism is unAmerican.

Get up. Go Play golf
watch old movies on tv.

How is that toxic

But ya,

What is Trumpism
Trumpism is arrogant, bigoted, paranoid ignorance.

Trumpism is sheep being conned by a buffoon.

Trumpism is an attack on our nation's capitol, death and destruction.

Trumpism is unAmerican.
LOL. Okay

Get up. Go Play golf
watch old movies on tv.

How is that toxic

What is Trumpism?

Trumpism is a term for the political ideology, style of governance,[1] political movement and set of mechanisms for acquiring and keeping power that are associated with United States president Donald Trump and his political base.[2][3] It is an American politics version of the right-wing to far-right,[4][5] national-populist sentiment seen in multiple nations worldwide[6] and holds some aspects of illiberal democracy.[7]. It is organized around disinformation and white grievance ~ wiki

To the shitter, we are entering one party rule.

My take? There's going to be a split. Mitt and a bunch of centrist will branch off and rebuild a sane version of the GOP.
Tea partiers, Freedom caucus... liberty caucus will manage the core Trumpists under current GOP.

Dems will have 'absolute' powers for a bit... I'm holding my breath to see how long before some 'corruption' seeps in.

The gop's refusal to go along with amnesty, defunding police and free education for anyone with time to spare to sit around did not do so well with Latino men.

Forum List

Back