Where is all the right wing support for this kid

What's the point? You think right wingers are racist because they don't support a Black kid with a BB gun in Louisiana? How freaking absurd. My guess is that it was left wingers who suspended him in the first place.
The author of the OP actually implied that this would not have happened if the child had been white.

Which of course is a racist position.

But, the child was expelled because of the ZTP's which of course applies to all children in public schools regardless of race or ethnicity.

And yes ..... Jefferson Parish is one of the few Blue Parishes in Louisiana and by far the majority there are Black and are Democrat.

You would think the gun freaks would be up in arms over this..it was only a BB gun but still..After Black Child Was Suspended for Having BB Gun at Home, Louisiana Lawmakers Move to Help Him Appeal
So you don't like guns, to bad, because November 4th is coming.... :fu:
Where the hell did I say I didn't like guns. I'm just not a gun freak who thinks responsible gun control equals blanket confiscation.
I curious as to what people mean by "responsible gun control" ?

Last edited:
Are people still really concerned that it will remain on their "permanent record"?
Ain't that what the whole "canceled" thing is?

Punishing people for shit from way back? Costing people their jobs and shit?

I don't know? You have any examples of people going back to the elementary school records?
So you think he should be suspended?

Not at all. No idea why you thought I would.

Are people still really concerned that it will remain on their "permanent record"?

I don't know? You have any examples of people going back to the elementary school records?

it seemed you were focused on his permanent record and not the actual issue on hand.

it seemed you were focused on his permanent record and not the actual issue on hand.

I found it funny.

Which part of this sentence from the article is not true?

"The school board decided to reduce the punishment from expulsion to a six-day suspension"
The title is a LIE.

The child was not suspended for having a BB Gun in his bedroom.

He was suspended for putting the BB Gun on the desk in front of the camera.

And, they threatened the child with expulsion.

They did not expel him.

His punishment was not reduced.

His punishment was suspension.

Yes, it was.
Well if you want to consider the threat of expulsion "his punishment" then go right ahead.

But, his punishment was a six day suspension.

Not expulsion.

The child was never expelled.

The reason that is significant is because the school board is using the grounds that he was never expelled to deny his appeal.

About what?
About it being in his own home.

Whose house was it?
Hell if I know but, the point is the ZTP do apply to what is in view of the camera during these virtual visits.

Be that at someones private residence or a public place.

The school board said that this was something they hadn't considered. If they hadn't considered it then it couldn't be a part of anything.

Hell if I know but, the point is the ZTP do apply to what is in view of the camera during these virtual visits.

There is absolutely no rational or legal basis for that position.

It's HIS BEDROOM. HIS HOME.

If there's anything that now needs to be questioned, it is whether school, as an agent of government, has any right to encourage students to allow cameras to be placed in their private bedrooms, to which the school has access to any images seen by that camera. Certainly, there is great potential for serious abuses to take place as a result, and this thread perfectly illustrates this potential. The school presuming to punish a kid, because a camera that the school had in his room saw something that that kid had every legal right to have in his room. There is no rational way to justify this.

Well if you want to consider the threat of expulsion "his punishment" then go right ahead.

But, his punishment was a six day suspension.

Not expulsion.

The child was never expelled.

The reason that is significant is because the school board is using the grounds that he was never expelled to deny his appeal.
Either way, it's an overreach by the school/gov't. and soon will be overturned.

Forum List

Back