Which party is mainly responsible for the mess?

Clinton was the beneficiary of the false dot com bubble. An artificial bump to the economy based on paper that had not real value.

BTW, Bubba was not a obama type liberal, he was far to the right of obama (and hillary).

but back to the topic, which party has controlled congress for most of the years since FDR? read the chart. then tell us how the party that was not in control is responsible.

Clinton was the beneficiary of the false dot com bubble. An artificial bump to the economy based on paper that had not real value.

BTW, Bubba was not a obama type liberal, he was far to the right of obama (and hillary).

but back to the topic, which party has controlled congress for most of the years since FDR? read the chart. then tell us how the party that was not in control is responsible.

Democrats were in control in 1993 according to that chart. Which means they were responsible for the surplus creating budget.

Republicans try to find any way to say it didn't happen. Well, it did happen.

And

We know what their policies do. We saw it for 8 years under Bush. No one interfered. I listed only a few of the disasters.

Democrats were in control in 1993 according to that chart. Which means they were responsible for the surplus creating budget.

Republicans try to find any way to say it didn't happen. Well, it did happen.

And

We know what their policies do. We saw it for 8 years under Bush. No one interfered. I listed only a few of the disasters.

Did the national debt go down during the clinton years? answer: no

there was no surplus.

So you're saying that all your rightwing pals who claimed that it was really the GOP Congress in the late nineties who balanced the budget and saw all that job creation,

those people are full of shit?

So you're saying that all your rightwing pals who claimed that it was really the GOP Congress in the late nineties who balanced the budget and saw all that job creation,

those people are full of shit?

what I am saying is that democrats have controlled congress for most of the last 75 years, soooooooooo they are mostly responsible for the current mess. control = responsibility.

Your example of good things that happened during GOP control just verifies my point--thanks. :eusa_whistle:

Look at this chart. Look at the congressional control since FDR. Then ask yourself, which party created the mess in our government?

Party Control of Congress and the Presidency

The US Supreme Court is mainly responsible for creating the mess.

In the 1860's Lincoln created paper notes denominated in dollars. The scumbags in the Supreme Court ruled that they were Constitutional because they were redeemable in gold or silver.

In 1935 the stupid fucks reversed themselves and ruled that federal notes were Constitutional even though they were NOT redeemable in gold or silver .

But FDR did threaten to abolish SCOTUS and after that it has been reduced to a cabinet level executive agency.

BOTH parties have been taking advantage of the chaos and spending money like there is no tomorrow.

This nation has not been totally debt free since Andrew Jackson was President and that was only for a year or so both parties have done there fair share to create this mess and I see no end in sight as neither party or more important the American people have the will to do what is necessary to fix this mess.

This nation has not been totally debt free since Andrew Jackson was President and that was only for a year or so both parties have done there fair share to create this mess and I see no end in sight as neither party or more important the American people have the will to do what is necessary to fix this mess.

I am seeing a subtle awakening of the american people to the corruption and incompetence in our government, the self-serving actions of the president and the congress.

The question is: is it too late? hopefully it isn't.

the debt has gone from 10T to 17T in 5 years under the incompetence of obama, yet the media refuses to address it and the congress refuses to make the hard decisions to deal with it.

We need some statesmen from both parties in DC. Who will step up?

I am seeing a subtle awakening of the american people to the corruption and incompetence in our government, the self-serving actions of the president and the congress.

the debt has gone from 10T to 17T in 5 years under the incompetence of obama, yet the media refuses to address it and the congress refuses to make the hard decisions to deal with it.

I hope your right but until Republicans realize you can't solve the problem by just cutting spending and Democrats by simply taxing the rich more and the people thinking you can do it without people getting hurt or suffering it seems unlikely.

I hope your right but until Republicans realize you can't solve the problem by just cutting spending and Democrats by simply taxing the rich more and the people thinking you can do it without people getting hurt or suffering it seems unlikely.

cutting wasteful spending would help a great deal, eliminating duplicative govt agencies and functions, making the host country pay for our overseas bases--or closing them, defunding obamacare, sensible changes to the tax code to eliminate special interest exemptions, etc.

there is a lot that could be cut without hurting anyone. Raising taxes is absolutely not the right thing to do. The rich already pay most of the tax bill while 50% pay nothing to the fed govt. you cannot help the poor be hurting the rich.

a balanced budget with enforcement teeth would be a good start.

Look at this chart. Look at the congressional control since FDR. Then ask yourself, which party created the mess in our government?

IMHO Both are responsible and neither are responsible, both parties are and have been what we the people have allowed them to become, which are essentially the weapons we have turned on our own liberty and our own prosperity, arguing about which one of them is "more responsible" is like arguing about which is a more painful way to go, a bullet to the head from a .38 or a bullet to the head from a .45.

The Republic we inherited is bleeding to death and the treatment offered by both parties is slow motion euthanasia.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." -- Walt Kelly

IMHO Both are responsible and neither are responsible, both parties are and have been what we the people have allowed them to become, which are essentially the weapons we have turned on our own liberty and our own prosperity, arguing about which one of them is "more responsible" is like arguing about which is a more painful way to go, a bullet to the head from a .38 or a bullet to the head from a .45.

The Republic we inherited is bleeding to death and the treatment offered by both parties is slow motion euthanasia.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." -- Walt Kelly

true to a point, but what I was trying to show is that the dems and their policies have controlled congress for most of the last 75 years. yes, the GOP shares some of the blame because many of them are rinos and have given up their principles in exchange for money and power.

what we really need is term limits for congress with an annual salary for congress at the average income of american citizens.

all lobbying should be banned, congressional staffing should be cut by 50%, being in congress should not be a lifetime career where you can become a multi millionaire at the public expense.

Well, in my humble opinion, neither are responsible and both are responsible. We have allowed both parties to become what they have become. Our liberty is under fire from these parties...and we have given up our prosperity by exercising our right to vote.....a right given to us by god almighty! Trying to lay blame on one party over the other is pointless. They are exactly the same. The problem is that tens of millions of voters are too stupid to realize it. They are being played by both sides.......and the result is a veritable monarchy in DC.

The wound has been festering for decades and the only hope we have is to declare both parties to blame and then sit here and whine like bitches. That is certain to work.

Forum List

Back