Which "side" of the "fence" are you on?

Considering how much backing they have from the current cultural elites, its actually the bakers who are the disadvantaged party.

So Religious people get to "know their place" and that is OK with you because you are a Religious bigot. It's all about you, you you, you narcissistic twat.

Uh, Christians are 80% of the population of this country. The problem these bakers have is that a lot of straight Christians think they are being assholes.

And making you do what you promised to do is not "putting them in their place". Now if some gays broke into their home and held them at gunpoint and made them bake a cake, you might have a point.

But they opened a shop, advertised for customers and Mrs. Klein even PERSONALLY INVITED this couple to use their shop.

Just like I can't refuse service to a Mormon who might have found my services on line. I can't refuse him service, and it probably isn't a good place to explain to them why I think Joseph Smith was a fraud. It's against the law, it's bad manners and it's bad business.

But I'm not trying to please an imaginary fairy in the sky, so there's that.

KILL THE COPS, KILL THE COPS!

And kill they will, far more than pretty much any activist group, so there's always that.

But keep living in your hard left delusions.

Dude, the police kill 1200 Americans a year. (Compared to the UK or Japan, where that is almost unheard of.) Maybe 60 cops a year are killed by criminals, and only a handful of those were inspired by anger over police shootings.

So, um, no, not the same.

Considering how much backing they have from the current cultural elites, its actually the bakers who are the disadvantaged party.

So Religious people get to "know their place" and that is OK with you because you are a Religious bigot. It's all about you, you you, you narcissistic twat.

Uh, Christians are 80% of the population of this country. The problem these bakers have is that a lot of straight Christians think they are being assholes.

And making you do what you promised to do is not "putting them in their place". Now if some gays broke into their home and held them at gunpoint and made them bake a cake, you might have a point.

But they opened a shop, advertised for customers and Mrs. Klein even PERSONALLY INVITED this couple to use their shop.

Just like I can't refuse service to a Mormon who might have found my services on line. I can't refuse him service, and it probably isn't a good place to explain to them why I think Joseph Smith was a fraud. It's against the law, it's bad manners and it's bad business.

But I'm not trying to please an imaginary fairy in the sky, so there's that.

Evidently numbers don't matter anymore, just butt hurt and being called a "protected class".

You use the word promise like a contract, and again, butt hurt doesn't cover as a reason for ruining someone via government action.

No you are trying to please your own hatreds and bigotry, as the small pathetic little man that you are.

KILL THE COPS, KILL THE COPS!

And kill they will, far more than pretty much any activist group, so there's always that.

But keep living in your hard left delusions.

Dude, the police kill 1200 Americans a year. (Compared to the UK or Japan, where that is almost unheard of.) Maybe 60 cops a year are killed by criminals, and only a handful of those were inspired by anger over police shootings.

So, um, no, not the same.

I can't believe that you are attempting to justify murdering cops now.

What a complete moron.

Who shoot black kids more Joe, police or other blacks? Just wondering about that in Chicago, Joe?

Here's the thing, if a gang banger shoots a kid in Chicago, and the cops can be bothered to do an investigation, that person is arrested, tried, convicted, and sent to prison. I was called up for jury duty in one such case here in Chicago. Hispanic kid couldn't have been old enough to buy a beer, on trial for his life for shooting a black kid and paralyzing him.

However, when a cop shoots a black kid, then a whole bunch of defenses go up to make sure he never sees the inside of a courtroom. DA's who act more like defense attorneys than prosecutors, fellow cops who file false statements, politicians who try to pay off families to keep them quiet, Police Unions that protect rogue cops..

Which is why it's been 3 years since LaQuan McDonald's murder, (Yes, it was a murder) and his killer is still free.

This particular cop had no less than 20 write ups for excessive force and abusive behavior. One case, he stuck a gun in a suspects face, another he used racial epitaths, and still another he dislocated a suspect's shoulder and the city had to pay out $500,000

That's what BLM is mad about, and they SHOULD be. In fact, we should ALL be mad about that.

But even though we have videotape of this kid getting shot by this cop 16 times while he's lying on the ground, I put the chance of his conviction at only about 50%.

Evidently numbers don't matter anymore, just butt hurt and being called a "protected class".

And violating public accommodations laws. You keep forgetting that one. The thing is, those laws protect both Christians AND gays. And Gay Christians. And Straight Atheists. So it's really kind of a win for everyone.

You use the word promise like a contract, and again, butt hurt doesn't cover as a reason for ruining someone via government action.

No, but violating public accommodation laws is. Which someone should have explained to the Kleins at some point. But I think the guy cared more about being the toast of Right Wing churches than the business his wife spent years building.

No you are trying to please your own hatreds and bigotry, as the small pathetic little man that you are.

Actually, I'm just trying to make some money, and a Mormon's Money is just as green as anyone else.

Now, I did have a case where someone who was a Trump supporter wanted to apply for a government position with the new administration. I didn't refuse his business, but I did tell him I voted for Mrs.Clinton and I would understand if he wanted to use another provider. I also assured him he would get the best service I can provide. I also gave him some very useful advice that he needed a Federal Format Resume instead of the standard format most people use for private sector jobs. End of the day, I guess he went somewhere else, because I never heard back from him.

But I treated him with respect. That was the point.

I can't believe that you are attempting to justify murdering cops now.

What a complete moron.

We can add "poor reading comprehension" skills to your list of character flaws?

Nobody was justifying murdering cops. If you can't discuss the issue at hand, please don't waste my time.

Yeah right...

I am confident that you can be spotted shouting "kill the cops" right among the worst of them.

And violating public accommodations laws. You keep forgetting that one. The thing is, those laws protect both Christians AND gays. And Gay Christians. And Straight Atheists. So it's really kind of a win for everyone.

No, but violating public accommodation laws is. Which someone should have explained to the Kleins at some point. But I think the guy cared more about being the toast of Right Wing churches than the business his wife spent years building.

Actually, I'm just trying to make some money, and a Mormon's Money is just as green as anyone else.

Now, I did have a case where someone who was a Trump supporter wanted to apply for a government position with the new administration. I didn't refuse his business, but I did tell him I voted for Mrs.Clinton and I would understand if he wanted to use another provider. I also assured him he would get the best service I can provide. I also gave him some very useful advice that he needed a Federal Format Resume instead of the standard format most people use for private sector jobs. End of the day, I guess he went somewhere else, because I never heard back from him.

A contracted transaction is not a public accommodation, no matter how much you pretend it is.

That's your right, and there is a right to free exercise of religion, and that doesn't automatically go away when you try to sell something.

A contracted transaction is not a public accommodation, no matter how much you pretend it is.

That's your right, and there is a right to free exercise of religion, and that doesn't automatically go away when you try to sell something.
A license implies informed consent and to seek a profit instead of morals, when structured on a for-profit basis.

Not for profits, are exempt.

A license implies informed consent and to seek a profit instead of morals, when structured on a for-profit basis.

Where in the constitution does it say you lose your rights when you try to sell something?

The people who make those determinations in Oregon have found otherwise. Sorry.

Quite the contrary, "Freedom of Religion" isn't a license to ignore laws you don't like.

So what if Aaron Klein wasn't religious, he was just a typical homophobic asshole who doesn't like gays because "the queer stuff is icky"? Would his actions be okay then?

The people who make those determinations in Oregon have found otherwise. Sorry.

Quite the contrary, "Freedom of Religion" isn't a license to ignore laws you don't like.

So what if Aaron Klein wasn't religious, he was just a typical homophobic asshole who doesn't like gays because "the queer stuff is icky"? Would his actions be okay then?

Those people are wrong, as are you, as are all the butt hurt busybody fascist morality police from the left.

Freedom of religion means that some of those laws should not be applied as they are in the first place.
To me yes, but he would have less standing.

Unlike you I don't feel the need to force people to like what I like, do what I do, and live how I live.

Where in the constitution does it say you lose your rights when you try to sell something?
Selling in public accommodation is a privilege that provides some immunity.

Again, where in the Constitution does it say that?

The alt-left vs the alt-right, and most Americans are neither.
Yep, but the wingers don't want to admit that.

It would wreck their "I have all the answers and I speak for America" routine.

There is no alt left. There are other issues but it isn't the same thing.
Yes, I refer to it as the Regressive Left.

That's a fabrication also. Again projecting onto others the vile traits of the right.

It is not the "left" (as if the left were some homogeneous blob) that wants to return us to the 1950's. Again that's beneath you. Regressive is trying to RETURN us to something. (E.g. Jim Crow) not advance us which whether one agrees with so-called progressives, RETURNING to white Christian male supremacy is not the goal of anyone on the left whether to the left of center or otherwise.

Stop it. It's absurd
You want to transform us into Malema and Zuma's South Africa.

To black supremacy.

:rofl:

It is pursuant to our Commerce Clause. There is no bigotry clause on a for-profit basis.

It is pursuant to our Commerce Clause. There is no bigotry clause on a for-profit basis.

The Commerce clause says no such thing, it says the feds can regulate interstate commerce, i.e. commerce between the States. it does not say a person loses their Constitutional rights because of it.

The Commerce clause says no such thing, it says the feds can regulate interstate commerce, i.e. commerce between the States. it does not say a person loses their Constitutional rights because of it.
Dear, their is no appeal to ignorance of federal for-profit and not-for-profit laws.

Dear, their is no appeal to ignorance of federal for-profit and not-for-profit laws.

That has nothing to do with Public Accommodation. One is a Tax code thing, the other is a constitutional thing.

Forum List

Back