Zone1 White Americans and black Americans- something we can all agree on?

Do you feel that your skin color allows you power over other people?

• No

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
By and large, I think people do. It's the media and the extremists on each side that keep planting seeds that lead to further division.
No, the simple fact is we have a bunch of people like you who deny the existing problem and believe crazy stuff like what you posted.

Until the damage created by white racism is fixed, this is how it's going to be.
What damage today? You damage any chance of race relations with your constant whining and blaming whites today for EVERY negative thing in existence.

What damage today? You damage any chance of race relations with your constant whining and blaming whites today for EVERY negative thing in existence.
Gotta maintain that victim status when that’s his whole identity.

Until the damage created by white racism is fixed, this is how it's going to be.
Whats your definition of "fixed" ? 58 years of throwing white folks under the bus doesn't fit ? Or 90% of TV commercials being blacks ? Just wondering.

Most of what blacks suffer is suffered by all ethnic groups to some extent. For example, the largest group of poor people are white. However, there are cultural things that negatively affect some minorities that can't be fixed by whites.

So the question is, do you feel that your skin color allow you power over others? Provide your answer and Please explain why.
Being white gives me advantages over others, but not power. I grew up in a city that was 95 percent white. There were few interactions with minorities, if at all, by most. In my grade school, K-6, there was one black girl, and one Japanese boy (who became my best friend). In high school there were two black girls (sisters) in a population of 300. There was one Hispanic boy. There were several Italians, but they weren't considered 'minorities'. Blacks had their own neighborhood and schools. They seldom came 'downtown' for movies or other events but kept to themselves for the most part, so we knew little about them.

So, the presence of "others" was not significant in my life, either then or now. Any competition for anything was between me and other white kids.

Here in South Buffalo if you had a white man go up to a black man and say hundreds of years ago your people enslaved my people in north Africa that white guy probably gets knocked out.
Interesting that you believe that the black man would inflict violence instead of discussing the comment.

Forum List

Back