White fans, black players

Exactly, so stop being a troll

My point about the fact that the white fans having no problem seeing majority black teams as "them", as strong evidence against the claim that White America is racist,

is pretty much the opposite of trolling.

Try to be less dishonest.
Bullshit. I frequent the NBA forums on different sites and they are filled with whites either whining about how the league is majority Black or calling them racist names. However one would think they wouldnt be on a NBA forum but they cant stay away.

ONline is not real life.

I live in a city that loves sports, and I've never heard it in real life.
Who said it was real life? Do you honestly think those cowards would say the stuff they say online in real life?

I think that a very small selection of people bother spending much time online on sites like this or any NBA forum, and are not representative of really, anyone.

I certainly don't judge any black people by you, for example.

My point about the fact that the white fans having no problem seeing majority black teams as "them", as strong evidence against the claim that White America is racist,

I think it is important to note that we fans of whatever race, ethnicity, etc. do relate to professional sports figures we admire regardless of race, ethnicity, country of origin, etc. and do consider such people as 'us'. And like you, I don't judge black people by the angry, snarky, dishonest, hateful jerks and assholes who blame white people for all their problems and presume to speak for all--examples: Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, et al or the idiots who promote hate and violence in various groups.

If I am going to see people as being black at all, I like to believe most relate to the truly exemplary black athletes who are great people, the great thinkers like Sowell, Walters, Parker, Steele, Raspberry, or the men and women who are doing their damndest to be good citizens, a benefit to society instead of a burden, raising their kids to be honorable and successful people, and aren't obsessed with the color of anybody's skin.

Bullshit. I frequent the NBA forums on different sites and they are filled with whites either whining about how the league is majority Black or calling them racist names. However one would think they wouldnt be on a NBA forum but they cant stay away.

ONline is not real life.

Who said it was real life? Do you honestly think those cowards would say the stuff they say online in real life?

I think that a very small selection of people bother spending much time online on sites like this or any NBA forum, and are not representative of really, anyone.

I think it is important to note that we fans of whatever race, ethnicity, etc. do relate to professional sports figures we admire regardless of race, ethnicity, country of origin, etc. and do consider such people as 'us'. And like you, I don't judge black people by the angry, snarky, dishonest, hateful jerks and assholes who blame white people for all their problems and presume to speak for all--examples: Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, et al or the idiots who promote hate and violence in various groups.

If I am going to see people as being black at all, I like to believe most relate to the truly exemplary black athletes who are great people, the great thinkers like Sowell, Walters, Parker, Steele, Raspberry, or the men and women who are doing their damndest to be good citizens, a benefit to society instead of a burden, raising their kids to be honorable and successful people, and aren't obsessed with the color of anybody's skin.

If I see an ocean is that me obsessing over oceans?

How about if I notice that the ocean is bigger than a lake? Am I obsessing over ocean size?

Because you use language meant to discourage. For example: If anyone discusses being black you dismiss the topic by claiming anyone who sees race is "obsessing". If anyone happens to notice the differences between how two different groups are treated ONLY WHEN IT APPLIES TO RACE that also is ann obsession.

If it was gay people, gun rights, or state rights white people will look at those things and determine their care based on the likely hood of it affecting them. So whites will speak out for rights because everyone can be gay, own a gun or live in a certain state. But White people can never be black so they will never really "care" about those rights because it will never come to their door.

A lesson in bravery if there ever was one

I doubt that very many of the people who use terms like "Negro Felon Leaugue" are football fans.

And very few white people use such terms. I've never encountered it in real life, never in media, and very rarely online.

Yes, massive decline.

Of course they are fans. Some even have a stake in in the game as NFL owners. Some voew black players as the "property" of the team.

Much like the same mentality towards a prize racehorse. When playing days end, most fade into obscurity and are ansorbed back into the collective that you all refer to as the "black community".

Ex NFL player, politician or whatever. It is the belief that all think and act alike.

Yes "massive decline"......in PUBLICALLY EXPRESSED" sentiment. Massive increase in anonymous polls and forums. There is safety in anonomity.

Pay attention to the obvious

I live in a city with a high level of sports fans.

I've not seen anything like what you describe.

Veteran players who stick around in the city, are still seen and respected of both races, to the point that even I pick up on it.

I recall seeing a famous defensive player in the hallway at a hospital, years after he retired. I told my friends, they were interested to hear about it.

I recall another friend of mine when looking for an address at one point. He was looking at a nice house and some guy on the street told him that that was the house of a famous retired black football player.

Former players still enjoy high status.

Not sure what city you speak of. But I live on the west coast and have some personal friends who I played on the same high school and college and several of the went on to play professionally as well as coach. Two of my old coaches played professionally as well. They tell an entirely different story than yours.

I'm sure that they are not treated like they WERE when they were actively playing, but that is not racism.

I live in a Rust Belt city.

No. Much of what they experienced that shaped their perceptions regarding the dynamic between white fams and black athletes happened during their playing days.

Sure, when they were treated like gods.

Coming down from THAT, is not being a second class citizen.

Your racist ranting is hiding any point(s) you may or may not have.

Whites could abandon sports filled with blacks, if they had a problem with blacks majority teams.

There is no reason that Hockey could not grow to become the primary team sport of White America.

That this does not happen, greatly undermines your lefty lies about how racist White America supposedly is.
Hockey wont ever become popular until more Blacks play it. This proves my claim that whites love every true sport that Blacks dominate. Its even more apparent when viewership explodes because one Black player dominates which is the case with Tiger.

Or whites just don't care.
Evidence pretty much kills that option. If they didnt care they wouldnt call players racist names and demand them to be politically vanilla.

No, evidence supports that the fans don't like their players being unpatriotic anti-American shit heads.

Then those "fans" are not patriotic themselves if they begrudge "their players" their right to peacefully protest. If they perform on gameday that should be all that matters. They are not the ones putting in the work to develop the talent required to enfage in a professional sport, so an athletes personal views should be off limits.

There is nothing about being a fan, that requires a fan to ignore the fact that the player(s) are insulting them.

Nor does being patriotic require that one support all "peaceful protests".

Supporting the Right to protest, does not mean that one has to embrace all peaceful protesters.

NOt if the peaceful protester is an anti-American ass.

Football teams are based and defined by the cities they are based out of.
Fans identify with their teams as representatives of themselves and their cities.

It is a unifying tradition.

The only time they want to see blacks win is when hes, running jumping or has a ball. And youre trolling. Period

YOu have done nothing to support either of your claims.

I don't have to back up a fact. You can find them yourself. Hell you aren't even questioning it's validity. So as far as I can tell you just want me to post links as an exercise in linking.

Michael Vick cheered for pitbulls. Does that mean he loves dogs? Romans cheered Gladiators does that mean all of them loved or saw themselves as indentured servants?

Stop trolling

I doubt that Vick identified with his dogs the way I see Football Fans identify with their teams.

And yes, you do have to back up a fact, if it is challenged.

Or stop standing by it.

ONline is not real life.

"I think ..."

The problem with that phrase, in your case, is that there is zero proof you ever think. You consistently say something idiotic and naive.

The fact that I continue to talk to you like you are a person, instead of a piece of shit, is strong evidence that I am naive.

My point stands,

ONline is not real life.

Thank you.

And the evidence of decades of white fans celebrating and identify with majority black football teams, imo, strongly indicates that most of white America agrees with you.

ONline is not real life.

How about if I notice that the ocean is bigger than a lake? Am I obsessing over ocean size?

Because you use language meant to discourage. For example: If anyone discusses being black you dismiss the topic by claiming anyone who sees race is "obsessing". If anyone happens to notice the differences between how two different groups are treated ONLY WHEN IT APPLIES TO RACE that also is ann obsession.

If it was gay people, gun rights, or state rights white people will look at those things and determine their care based on the likely hood of it affecting them. So whites will speak out for rights because everyone can be gay, own a gun or live in a certain state. But White people can never be black so they will never really "care" about those rights because it will never come to their door.

It has been mostly those 'white people' who pushed for an end to slavery, to an end to segregation, for gay rights, for women's rights. Why? Because the vast majority of the country was white when all those issues were debated, battles fought, and changes made. So most of the villains and most of the heroes in a country that is predominantly white are going to be white.

For a black or white person to see a black person or white person or any other person as 'different' or 'more worthy' or 'advantaged' or 'less worthy' or 'disadvantaged' etc. purely because he/she has more or less pigmentation in his/her skin is to be racist. To see skin color first and deem it the most significant factor about a person is to be obsessed with race.

So, a common claim is that America is a terribly racist society.

Yet, for my entire life, white footballs fans have happily identified and celebrated majority black football teams.

Question: WHy is this not seen as evidence of the LACK of racism in White America?

Black players in professional American football - Wikipedia

"At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American[35] and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.[36]"

These statistics are in contrast to the general population of the United States, which is about 28% non-white (white including Hispanic whites) although among the demographic that plays in the NFL (men approximately 21 to 35 years of age), the proportion of the American population that is non-white is somewhat greater.
I have known many whites that project a black persona, some of them wished they were born "black". They hate their race.I am good with being white, but what is really going on with whites that hate themselves or white culture?

Yet, for my entire life, white footballs fans have happily identified and celebrated majority black football teams.

Question: WHy is this not seen as evidence of the LACK of racism in White America?

"At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American[35] and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.[36]"

These statistics are in contrast to the general population of the United States, which is about 28% non-white (white including Hispanic whites) although among the demographic that plays in the NFL (men approximately 21 to 35 years of age), the proportion of the American population that is non-white is somewhat greater.
I have known many whites that project a black persona, some of them wished they were born "black". They hate their race.I am good with being white, but what is really going on with whites that hate themselves or white culture?

A very valid question, but one that I don't see being on topic for this thread.

Lord knows that the vast majority of white football fans are not black want a be-s.

whatever will we do without blacks wiping their ass on the goalposts.......they overrate their appeal and power

The only time they want to see blacks win is when hes, running jumping or has a ball. And youre trolling. Period

YOu have done nothing to support either of your claims.

I don't have to back up a fact. You can find them yourself. Hell you aren't even questioning it's validity. So as far as I can tell you just want me to post links as an exercise in linking.

Michael Vick cheered for pitbulls. Does that mean he loves dogs? Romans cheered Gladiators does that mean all of them loved or saw themselves as indentured servants?

Stop trolling

I doubt that Vick identified with his dogs the way I see Football Fans identify with their teams.

And yes, you do have to back up a fact, if it is challenged.

Or stop standing by it.

You arent challenging any facts of mine, youre just begging for links to information you arent questioning. Also, if you want something done right do it yourself. Because I wont do it for you doesnt take away from a fact being a fact.

You dont know how Vick saw his dogs. Or how Romans saw their Galdiators...or how fans see NFL players.

A very valid question, but one that I don't see being on topic for this thread.

Lord knows that the vast majority of white football fans are not black want a be-s.
Perhaps you are right. All those rich highly paid black athletes taking a knee and that huge paycheck protesting the treatment of poor blacks and racism, seems a little discordant if not exaggerated.

ONline is not real life.

It has been mostly those 'white people' who pushed for an end to slavery,

Yes, because they are the ones who created the institution. lol

to an end to segregation, for gay rights, for women's rights. Why? Because the vast majority of the country was white when all those issues were debated, battles fought, and changes made. So most of the villains and most of the heroes in a country that is predominantly white are going to be white.

Exactly, so why are you bringing it up like its special?

For a black or white person to see a black person or white person or any other person as 'different' or 'more worthy' or 'advantaged' or 'less worthy' or 'disadvantaged' etc. purely because he/she has more or less pigmentation in his/her skin is to be racist. To see skin color first and deem it the most significant factor about a person is to be obsessed with race.

Having an advantage and pretending that race has nothing to do with it is a funny way to view things. Since youre black you of all people should understand that institutions have rules and those rules affect people and when they affect people they can do so in different ways.

Last edited:
Hockey wont ever become popular until more Blacks play it. This proves my claim that whites love every true sport that Blacks dominate. Its even more apparent when viewership explodes because one Black player dominates which is the case with Tiger.

Evidence pretty much kills that option. If they didnt care they wouldnt call players racist names and demand them to be politically vanilla.

No, evidence supports that the fans don't like their players being unpatriotic anti-American shit heads.

Then those "fans" are not patriotic themselves if they begrudge "their players" their right to peacefully protest. If they perform on gameday that should be all that matters. They are not the ones putting in the work to develop the talent required to enfage in a professional sport, so an athletes personal views should be off limits.

There is nothing about being a fan, that requires a fan to ignore the fact that the player(s) are insulting them.

Supporting the Right to protest, does not mean that one has to embrace all peaceful protesters.

Protesting by not standing for the anthem does not translate to someone being "Anti American".

There have been former armed forces personnel who have gone on record and stated that one of the freedoms of being an American is having the right to stand or to choose not to.

Furthermore, the players are American citizens, therefore they are free to peacefully protest and still perform their assigned job duties as players.

If a so called fan feels "insulted", too bad, they also have the freedom to not attend or watch NFL games.....but they ARE NOT free to dictate to the players how they should conduct their protest.

Protesting by not standing for the anthem does not translate to someone being "Anti American".

There have been former armed forces personnel who have gone on record and stated that one of the freedoms of being an American is having the right to stand or to choose not to.

Furthermore, the players are American citizens, therefore they are free to peacefully protest and still perform their assigned job duties as players.

If a so called fan feels "insulted", too bad, they also have the freedom to not attend or watch NFL games.....but they ARE NOT free to dictate to the players how they should conduct their protest.
Oh but the owners can.......and when players become a liability instead of an asset.......well it was nice knowing ya

Of course they are fans. Some even have a stake in in the game as NFL owners. Some voew black players as the "property" of the team.

Much like the same mentality towards a prize racehorse. When playing days end, most fade into obscurity and are ansorbed back into the collective that you all refer to as the "black community".

Ex NFL player, politician or whatever. It is the belief that all think and act alike.

Yes "massive decline"......in PUBLICALLY EXPRESSED" sentiment. Massive increase in anonymous polls and forums. There is safety in anonomity.

Pay attention to the obvious

I live in a city with a high level of sports fans.

I've not seen anything like what you describe.

Veteran players who stick around in the city, are still seen and respected of both races, to the point that even I pick up on it.

I recall seeing a famous defensive player in the hallway at a hospital, years after he retired. I told my friends, they were interested to hear about it.

I recall another friend of mine when looking for an address at one point. He was looking at a nice house and some guy on the street told him that that was the house of a famous retired black football player.

Former players still enjoy high status.

Not sure what city you speak of. But I live on the west coast and have some personal friends who I played on the same high school and college and several of the went on to play professionally as well as coach. Two of my old coaches played professionally as well. They tell an entirely different story than yours.

I'm sure that they are not treated like they WERE when they were actively playing, but that is not racism.

I live in a Rust Belt city.

No. Much of what they experienced that shaped their perceptions regarding the dynamic between white fams and black athletes happened during their playing days.

Sure, when they were treated like gods.

Coming down from THAT, is not being a second class citizen.

I dont know one current or former black professional athlete who has felt he was treated like a god. Do you know any black professional athletes?

Oh but the owners can.......and when players become a liability instead of an asset.......well it was nice knowing ya

But the owners have not. For obvious reasons. Some owners have even joined their players in protesting

But the owners have not. For obvious reasons. Some owners have even joined their players in protesting
and how is that working out for em.......ooooops

Last edited:
Never been a big sports fan, Why do we pay athletes so much? They can do something,like that makes them worth over a million dollars? I have some mad skills too.

Forum List

Back