White fans, black players

"The NHL is composed of 93% of players who designate themselves as white with the remaining 7% of varying ethnicities."
93% white? Calling it a "white mans sport" is not unreasonable.
And it's not sport without black people. That's why USA ice hockey are not as good as other nations. Like Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland

Even you must realize how absurdly illogical that statement is.

He does. He just will pretend not to.

If America was nearly as racist as you lefties claim, white fans would be abandoning other sports for the sport dominated by white men.
He called me a "Leftie" (lol)

When white people say "Leftie" or "Libs" what they mean is n*gger lovers. Lefties and Libs is just the code they use. But this time he's using it on a black man which is kinda ironic.
It's a sport. You are a racist.
But it's not sport without black people.

The USA is not very good at Ice Hockey. The last time they won the world ice hockey champions was 1960 and when you consider that's it's been around since 1924, and been played every year since 1990. That means they have had close to 50 attempts since 1960 and not even made one final. For the USA, in a country where Hockey is a major sport, where money and funding is no object, that is a disgrace.
Yet, hockey is tiny compared to Football or baseball.
Football is not a global sport. That's pretty much an American thing. Baseball ? Cuba and Japan are better than the USA at that.

Wrong. You are just trolling.

This guy's clearly one of the best athletes.

You find a guy who can lift cars, and knock people out in MMA like this.

And who is the best in MMA ? Jon Jones. And what race is he is ?

Yup. Black

Take boxing. A white man can rarely beat a top black boxer in his prime. Generally speaking in unarmed 1 on 1 combat. We'll always fk u up. Stop being silly.

Trolling

"The NHL is composed of 93% of players who designate themselves as white with the remaining 7% of varying ethnicities."
And it's not sport without black people. That's why USA ice hockey are not as good as other nations. Like Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland

If America was nearly as racist as you lefties claim, white fans would be abandoning other sports for the sport dominated by white men.

Whites cant abandon sports. I told you already that whites worship Blacks because we can do things you guys simply cant do. You take the average white guy and put him up against the average Black guy and the Black guy is going to be more athletic 9 times out of 10. You whites need hero worship and your ability to be color blind is betrayed when the Black sports hero betrays you. You start calling him the N word and telling him he gets paid to play sports not make political commentary.

Your racist ranting is hiding any point(s) you may or may not have.

Whites could abandon sports filled with blacks, if they had a problem with blacks majority teams.

There is no reason that Hockey could not grow to become the primary team sport of White America.

That this does not happen, greatly undermines your lefty lies about how racist White America supposedly is.
Hockey wont ever become popular until more Blacks play it. This proves my claim that whites love every true sport that Blacks dominate. Its even more apparent when viewership explodes because one Black player dominates which is the case with Tiger.

Whites cant abandon sports. I told you already that whites worship Blacks because we can do things you guys simply cant do. You take the average white guy and put him up against the average Black guy and the Black guy is going to be more athletic 9 times out of 10. You whites need hero worship and your ability to be color blind is betrayed when the Black sports hero betrays you. You start calling him the N word and telling him he gets paid to play sports not make political commentary.

Whites could abandon sports filled with blacks, if they had a problem with blacks majority teams.

There is no reason that Hockey could not grow to become the primary team sport of White America.

That this does not happen, greatly undermines your lefty lies about how racist White America supposedly is.
Hockey wont ever become popular until more Blacks play it. This proves my claim that whites love every true sport that Blacks dominate. Its even more apparent when viewership explodes because one Black player dominates which is the case with Tiger.

Or whites just don't care.

Evidence pretty much kills that option. If they didnt care they wouldnt call players racist names and demand them to be politically vanilla.

Michael Vick cheered for his pit bulls when they fought. Doesn't hmthat mean he's a dog lover?

DOg fighting would have to be about the very worst type of sport.

That such exists does not mean that all other sports are similar.
Whites invented dog fighting and to this day still practice it. Thats where I got my two pitbulls. From a professional white dog fighter.

Football teams are based and defined by the cities they are based out of.
Fans identify with their teams as representatives of themselves and their cities.

It is a unifying tradition.

Exactly, so stop being a troll

Where sports cuts through all this bullshit isn't in a bunch of fatasses watching a bunch of athletes, it's in a bunch of regular folks really playing the sport together. Who of any race can really relate to the greatest athletes in the world - and also multi-millionaires - mostly from a distance or through a box? Go down to the local park and see a bunch of guys playing a pickup game. Go to your local high school and see a bunch of kids working hard, smart, and together. Go to a local gym and see a bunch of guys (yes, I know, and gals) punching/grappling/throwing each other and being careful and respectful of one another at the same time. You'll see people of all races, backgrounds, religions, whatever. Give people a chance and they will keep the stupid, divisive bullshit the numbskulls drone on about here to the side. Sport is a great way of letting that happen where circumstance might otherwise not often provide.

This thread is about the success, the unremarked upon success, of Spectator Sports to "cut through all this bullshit".

And though it does not make sense, plenty of regular folks, really DO "relate" and/or as I put it, identify with these multi-millionaires, and feel part of their victories and defeats.

My position that this is powerful evidence AGAINST the claims of many on the Left that America, specifically White America, is a racist and oppressive place.

I do think there is an emotional connection with the team and admiration for the players and I think the fans could care less what race the players are. In that respect I agree that professional sports not only helped break down cultural barriers re race, but once those barriers came down, it has been among the least racist components in American culture. At least until this silly Anthem protest started.

Somebody mentioned Jackie Robinson. He entered professional sports 70 years ago well before civil rights became a national issue and before there were any formal efforts at desegregation in the armed forces here and abroad, in America, in Europe, in colonial Africa, largely everywhere. During the mid 20th Century there was segregation pretty much everywhere in the industrialized world.

Abraham Lincoln did issue an emancipation proclamation to free the slaves in the Confederacy--not in the Union slave states--and held a personal theory that the black people should be deported to Liberia or British colonies elsewhere. Typical of the culture of his time, he was a segregationist opposing the mixing of the races and interracial marriage between black and white was unthinkable.

Even Charles Darwin who proposed that all of humankind descended from a common ancestor also taught that natural selection produced a superior race among Anglo-Saxons and an inferior race in African black people. And now 99.9% of school curriculum includes his theory of evolution but ignores his theory of racial superiority.

Up to the mid 20th Century, segregation was widely the cultural norm throughout the free world. To think that the USA was somehow the only 'villain' of 20th Century culture is just silly.

And I do credit sports, including professional sports, as an important factor in changing that culture and begin breaking down the cultural/emotional barriers. It is worth noting that had not a large majority of white people wanted those barriers down, it would never have happened.

So now black professional football players, with their less black teammates supporting them in solidarity, are protesting police brutality by disrespecting the National Anthem and the flag that has made it possible for them to live a lifestyle that the huge majority of us can only imagine?

What kind of sense does that make? Do a demonstration by wearing a certain color ribbon or picketing a police station if they feel strongly about it.

But don't disrespect us all and think they are winning converts to their cause by disrespecting our flag and National Anthem. And don't give us the really ignorant statement that they aren't disrespecting their country or those of us who love it. They hurt their cause by disrespecting millions in a way that only makes them look like arrogant hateful jerks. And telling us that isn't their intent makes about as much sense as any other rude and boorish people telling us it was not their intent to be rude or boorish to us but only to those other people.

Where sports cuts through all this bullshit isn't in a bunch of fatasses watching a bunch of athletes, it's in a bunch of regular folks really playing the sport together. Who of any race can really relate to the greatest athletes in the world - and also multi-millionaires - mostly from a distance or through a box? Go down to the local park and see a bunch of guys playing a pickup game. Go to your local high school and see a bunch of kids working hard, smart, and together. Go to a local gym and see a bunch of guys (yes, I know, and gals) punching/grappling/throwing each other and being careful and respectful of one another at the same time. You'll see people of all races, backgrounds, religions, whatever. Give people a chance and they will keep the stupid, divisive bullshit the numbskulls drone on about here to the side. Sport is a great way of letting that happen where circumstance might otherwise not often provide.

This thread is about the success, the unremarked upon success, of Spectator Sports to "cut through all this bullshit".

And though it does not make sense, plenty of regular folks, really DO "relate" and/or as I put it, identify with these multi-millionaires, and feel part of their victories and defeats.

My position that this is powerful evidence AGAINST the claims of many on the Left that America, specifically White America, is a racist and oppressive place.

I do think there is an emotional connection with the team and admiration for the players and I think the fans could care less what race the players are. In that respect I agree that professional sports not only helped break down cultural barriers re race, but once those barriers came down, it has been among the least racist components in American culture. At least until this silly Anthem protest started.

Somebody mentioned Jackie Robinson. He entered professional sports 70 years ago well before civil rights became a national issue and before there were any formal efforts at desegregation in the armed forces here and abroad, in America, in Europe, in colonial Africa, largely everywhere. During the mid 20th Century there was segregation pretty much everywhere in the industrialized world.

Abraham Lincoln did issue an emancipation proclamation to free the slaves in the Confederacy--not in the Union slave states--and held a personal theory that the black people should be deported to Liberia or British colonies elsewhere. Typical of the culture of his time, he was a segregationist opposing the mixing of the races and interracial marriage between black and white was unthinkable.

Even Charles Darwin who proposed that all of humankind descended from a common ancestor also taught that natural selection produced a superior race among Anglo-Saxons and an inferior race in African black people. And now 99.9% of school curriculum includes his theory of evolution but ignores his theory of racial superiority.

Up to the mid 20th Century, segregation was widely the cultural norm throughout the free world. To think that the USA was somehow the only 'villain' of 20th Century culture is just silly.

And I do credit sports, including professional sports, as an important factor in changing that culture and begin breaking down the cultural/emotional barriers. It is worth noting that had not a large majority of white people wanted those barriers down, it would never have happened.

So now black professional football players, with their less black teammates supporting them in solidarity, are protesting police brutality by disrespecting the National Anthem and the flag that has made it possible for them to live a lifestyle that the huge majority of us can only imagine?

What kind of sense does that make? Do a demonstration by wearing a certain color ribbon or picketing a police station if they feel strongly about it.

But don't disrespect us all and think they are winning converts to their cause by disrespecting our flag and National Anthem. And don't give us the really ignorant statement that they aren't disrespecting their country or those of us who love it. They hurt their cause by disrespecting millions in a way that only makes them look like arrogant hateful jerks. And telling us that isn't their intent makes about as much sense as any other rude and boorish people telling us it was not their intent to be rude or boorish to us but only to those other people.
What kind of sense does it make for you to claim the flag and the racist national anthem made it possible for them to live a lifestyle? The flag or the anthem doesnt have shit to do with the hard work they put in to become athletes. If people have a problem with their political views they are free to go watch Nascar, pig wrestling or pumpkin seed spitting instead.

What kind of sense does it make for you to claim the flag and the racist national anthem made it possible for them to live a lifestyle? The flag or the anthem doesnt have shit to do with the hard work they put in to become athletes. If people have a problem with their political views they are free to go watch Nascar, pig wrestling or pumpkin seed spitting instead.

That Anthem and that flag represent the very concept of freedom from oppression (originally from an oppressive English monarchy) and then was the standard under which millions risked all, bled, and died so that we now have a culture in which nobody is held back in much of anything other than their physical/mental limitations in part, but mostly by the choices they make.

To disrespect the National Anthem and that flag is to thumb your nose at all the effort, risk, and cost of all those who have created the free, prosperous society we now have with all the opportunity it offers to everybody regardless of race, ethnicity, gender etc.

Is there still injustice? Yes. But it is not the fault of all those who got us from there to here.

Is there still cruelty, hatred, racism? Yes. But it is not the fault of all those who got us from there to here.

If I treat you rudely and explain to you that I am not disrespecting you personally but rather somebody else who deserves it, how much are you going to believe that? To disrespect the National Anthem and flag of a people who don't deserve that disrespect just to protest something wrong in society makes no sense either.

And if we can't focus on what is wrong without condemning everybody, it is going to be a much more miserable world for all.

That Anthem and that flag represent the very concept of freedom from oppression (originally from an oppressive English monarchy) and then was the standard under which millions risked all, bled, and died so that we now have a culture in which nobody is held back in much of anything other than their physical/mental limitations in part, but mostly by the choices they make.

To disrespect the National Anthem and that flag is to thumb your nose at all the effort, risk, and cost of all those who have created the free, prosperous society we now have with all the opportunity it offers to everybody regardless of race, ethnicity, gender etc.

Is there still injustice? Yes. But it is not all the fault of those who got us from there to here.

Is there still cruelty, hatred, racism? Yes. But it is not hte fault of all those who got us from there to here.

If I treat you rudely and explain to you that I am not disrespecting you personally but rather somebody else who deserves it, how much are you going to believe that? To disrespect the National Anthem and flag of a people who don't deserve that disrespect just to protest something wrong in society makes no sense either.

And if we can't focus on what is wrong without condemning everybody, it is going to be a much more miserable world for all.

The anthem is a racist representation of white americans feelings towards Blacks. Fuck the anthem. Symbols dont do anything. They didnt put in the work the athletes did so spare me that bullshit. If you think thats thumbing my nose then thats your issue. I'm busy protesting the racist anthem and police brutality.

If some white person came to me and said I object to you wearing a Malcolm X shirt because he didnt like whites I would say "cool" and go about my day. I wouldnt get upset because whites took a knee when I walked by.

My hope is that all the symbols whites revere that harken back to their racism are destroyed eventually. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope but I will enjoy seeing them dismantled.

Last edited:
This is Simone Manuel

3735CE3300000578-3739599-image-a-28_1471150701900.jpg

She is the fastest female swimmer in the world as she won the blue riband event for female swimming that is the 100m freestyle at last years Olympics and this despite the fact that participation rates in swimming for black people are very low.

When she received the gold medal the BBC showed it live while NBC showed a tape of Russian gymnasts.

White people just need to stay out of our way and watch more and more of us break your little records and set our own.

This is Simone Biles

170427124529-simone-biles-super-tease.jpg

She crushed the white competition (Gymnasts) in a sport that is usually dominated by Eastern Europeans and the Chinese.

You wouldn't even hear of Micheal Phelps if black ppl took swimming seriously but "if it don't pay, we don't play" so black people generally don't go for minority sports like swimming.

Evidence pretty much kills that option. If they didnt care they wouldnt call players racist names and demand them to be politically vanilla.

No, evidence supports that the fans don't like their players being unpatriotic anti-American shit heads.

Fans identify with their teams as representatives of themselves and their cities.

My point about the fact that the white fans having no problem seeing majority black teams as "them", as strong evidence against the claim that White America is racist,

is pretty much the opposite of trolling.

Try to be less dishonest.

My point about the fact that the white fans having no problem seeing majority black teams as "them", as strong evidence against the claim that White America is racist,

Bullshit. I frequent the NBA forums on different sites and they are filled with whites either whining about how the league is majority Black or calling them racist names. However one would think they wouldnt be on a NBA forum but they cant stay away.

Bullshit. I frequent the NBA forums on different sites and they are filled with whites either whining about how the league is majority Black or calling them racist names. However one would think they wouldnt be on a NBA forum but they cant stay away.

ONline is not real life.

I live in a city that loves sports, and I've never heard it in real life.

ONline is not real life.

I live in a city that loves sports, and I've never heard it in real life.
Who said it was real life? Do you honestly think those cowards would say the stuff they say online in real life?

Forum List

Back