White fans, black players

This guy's clearly one of the best athletes.

You find a guy who can lift cars, and knock people out in MMA like this.

And who is the best in MMA ? Jon Jones. And what race is he is ?

Fedor was long ranked as the best MMA, no?

Besides, I'm talking that Pudzianowski can lift cars, and knock people out in MMA. (Even if he's not the best in MMA)
It's the fact that he can do both, which is particularly impressive.

Yet, for my entire life, white footballs fans have happily identified and celebrated majority black football teams.

Question: WHy is this not seen as evidence of the LACK of racism in White America?

ROFL! come on now!

That was the Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Ridicule.

Your post is invalid and you lose.

The fact that you were unable to come up with the slightest challenge, is clear for everyone to see.

Your question is the logical fallacy assuming that because someone wants their team to win they love black people.

All I have to do to challenge this is to show that the only "proof" racism doesn't exist is that people cheer at sporting events..yanno, like the Romans cheered the Gladiators out of love.

Is that why Klitschko were the top heavyweight boxers for many years, and Golota beat up Riddick Bowe the champion back when?
Who did he (Klitschko) beat Lewis ? Bowe ? Tyson ? Nope.

And Golota lost against Bowe Twice. They're the facts

Joshua (A black man in his prime) knocked Klitschko into retirement. Granted he (Klitschko) put up a good show and came close to winning. But he never. Why ? Because a white man can rarely beat a top black boxer in his prime

The last time I can think was when Max Schemmiling beat Joe Louis in the 1930's

Michael Vick cheered for his pit bulls when they fought. Doesn't hmthat mean he's a dog lover?

Many whites had a issue with a black skinned Potus.
Hockey is a white mans sport.

And yet Football is by far more popular.

Almost like the skin color of the players is irrelevant to the fans.

Agree, till they leave the stadium or a black football player takes a knee.

That's the fans reacting to the players actions, not their skin color.

The fans have not had a problem with the teams' skin color for multiple generations.

They never use to be there for the NA. The DOD payed them in 2009.

Which in no way supports your claim that the fans are reacting to the players skin color and not their actions.

No, it's more than just entertainment.

Team sports involve the fans IDENTIFYING with the teams as part of them, and looking up to them, celebrating them as sports heroes, seeing their victories and defeats as THEIR victories and defeats.

You believe in "Racist America" don't you?

Don't you find it odd that scores of millions of white fans, are completely comfortable identifying with mostly black teams?

They identify with the "team" not the "individuals" as real people.

The Black players are nothing but "objects" much like any other Black entertainer.

This is not a new phenomena.

Throughout the history of this country white audiences have watched black entertainers and athletes from a distance, while regarding them as culturally and racially inferior. If you read up on the history of ANY sport this becomes obvious. Haven't you ever heard of Jackie Robinson or Joe Louis? Even though they were revered in their respective sports they were still treated like second class citizens in everyday life.

Even you should know that.

SMGDH.

And I'm sure the cognitive dissonance that caused actual racists contributed to the massive decline of white racism.

But now we have a situation where the teams are not just containing a few minority players but are MAJORITY BLACK, and the teams are still celebrated and the players are still treated like sports heroes in every day life.

This is not 1947 and it's time we admitted that.

"Massive decline?". You must be joking. this very board alone, which is primarily visited by an alt right majority of white people like yourself, should dispel your belief about allegedly "celebrated black athletes".

My guess is that there are some football fans right here.....and they are likely some of same individuals who routinely stereotype the majority of black people as veing prone to corruption.

I can even recall seeing some in this forum refer to the NFL as the so called "Negro Felon Leaugue".

You do "almost" have a point in your statement "It is not 1947" anymore. That is definately true.

The main difference now is that we have the Internet....where true sentiments are on display daily, and public etiquette has been begrudingly redefined as

"political correctness". In code that means "We resent not being able to say what we really believe without reprecussions"

I doubt that very many of the people who use terms like "Negro Felon Leaugue" are football fans.

And very few white people use such terms. I've never encountered it in real life, never in media, and very rarely online.

Yes, massive decline.

Of course they are fans. Some even have a stake in in the game as NFL owners. Some voew black players as the "property" of the team.

Much like the same mentality towards a prize racehorse. When playing days end, most fade into obscurity and are ansorbed back into the collective that you all refer to as the "black community".

Ex NFL player, politician or whatever. It is the belief that all think and act alike.

Yes "massive decline"......in PUBLICALLY EXPRESSED" sentiment. Massive increase in anonymous polls and forums. There is safety in anonomity.

Pay attention to the obvious

I live in a city with a high level of sports fans.

I've not seen anything like what you describe.

Veteran players who stick around in the city, are still seen and respected of both races, to the point that even I pick up on it.

I recall seeing a famous defensive player in the hallway at a hospital, years after he retired. I told my friends, they were interested to hear about it.

I recall another friend of mine when looking for an address at one point. He was looking at a nice house and some guy on the street told him that that was the house of a famous retired black football player.

Former players still enjoy high status.

Michael Vick cheered for his pit bulls when they fought. Doesn't hmthat mean he's a dog lover?

DOg fighting would have to be about the very worst type of sport.

That such exists does not mean that all other sports are similar.

Yet, for my entire life, white footballs fans have happily identified and celebrated majority black football teams.

Question: WHy is this not seen as evidence of the LACK of racism in White America?

ROFL! come on now!

That was the Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Ridicule.

Your post is invalid and you lose.

The fact that you were unable to come up with the slightest challenge, is clear for everyone to see.

Your question is the logical fallacy assuming that because someone wants their team to win they love black people.

All I have to do to challenge this is to show that the only "proof" racism doesn't exist is that people cheer at sporting events..yanno, like the Romans cheered the Gladiators out of love.

"Love"?

Football teams are based and defined by the cities they are based out of.

Fans identify with their teams as representatives of themselves and their cities.

It is a unifying tradition.

That fact that there has developed a major racial difference between the fans, and the teams,

is not a problem for the process.

I have never even heard someone discuss it as a POTENTIAL issue, with the process until now.

The Black players are nothing but "objects" much like any other Black entertainer.

Throughout the history of this country white audiences have watched black entertainers and athletes from a distance, while regarding them as culturally and racially inferior. If you read up on the history of ANY sport this becomes obvious. Haven't you ever heard of Jackie Robinson or Joe Louis? Even though they were revered in their respective sports they were still treated like second class citizens in everyday life.

SMGDH.

And I'm sure the cognitive dissonance that caused actual racists contributed to the massive decline of white racism.

But now we have a situation where the teams are not just containing a few minority players but are MAJORITY BLACK, and the teams are still celebrated and the players are still treated like sports heroes in every day life.

"Massive decline?". You must be joking. this very board alone, which is primarily visited by an alt right majority of white people like yourself, should dispel your belief about allegedly "celebrated black athletes".

My guess is that there are some football fans right here.....and they are likely some of same individuals who routinely stereotype the majority of black people as veing prone to corruption.

I can even recall seeing some in this forum refer to the NFL as the so called "Negro Felon Leaugue".

You do "almost" have a point in your statement "It is not 1947" anymore. That is definately true.

The main difference now is that we have the Internet....where true sentiments are on display daily, and public etiquette has been begrudingly redefined as

"political correctness". In code that means "We resent not being able to say what we really believe without reprecussions"

I doubt that very many of the people who use terms like "Negro Felon Leaugue" are football fans.

And very few white people use such terms. I've never encountered it in real life, never in media, and very rarely online.

Yes, massive decline.

Of course they are fans. Some even have a stake in in the game as NFL owners. Some voew black players as the "property" of the team.

Much like the same mentality towards a prize racehorse. When playing days end, most fade into obscurity and are ansorbed back into the collective that you all refer to as the "black community".

Ex NFL player, politician or whatever. It is the belief that all think and act alike.

Yes "massive decline"......in PUBLICALLY EXPRESSED" sentiment. Massive increase in anonymous polls and forums. There is safety in anonomity.

Veteran players who stick around in the city, are still seen and respected of both races, to the point that even I pick up on it.

I recall seeing a famous defensive player in the hallway at a hospital, years after he retired. I told my friends, they were interested to hear about it.

I recall another friend of mine when looking for an address at one point. He was looking at a nice house and some guy on the street told him that that was the house of a famous retired black football player.

Not sure what city you speak of. But I live on the west coast and have some personal friends who I played on the same high school and college and several of the went on to play professionally as well as coach. Two of my old coaches played professionally as well. They tell an entirely different story than yours.

Yes, massive decline.

Not sure what city you speak of. But I live on the west coast and have some personal friends who I played on the same high school and college and several of the went on to play professionally as well as coach. Two of my old coaches played professionally as well. They tell an entirely different story than yours.

I'm sure that they are not treated like they WERE when they were actively playing, but that is not racism.

I live in a Rust Belt city.

The like them only when they play good and behave themselves. They are for entertainment. Now they get paid too much, whereas the BCBS CEO of MI made 17 million last year. Go figure.

Team sports involve the fans IDENTIFYING with the teams as part of them, and looking up to them, celebrating them as sports heroes, seeing their victories and defeats as THEIR victories and defeats.

Don't you find it odd that scores of millions of white fans, are completely comfortable identifying with mostly black teams?

SMGDH.

Yeah but when they show their Blackness by taking a knee against racism whites are outraged and call them everything but a son of god. It disrupts their dream world where all Blacks do is entertain them.

The like them only when they play good and behave themselves. They are for entertainment. Now they get paid too much, whereas the BCBS CEO of MI made 17 million last year. Go figure.

SMGDH.

Yeah but when they show their Blackness by taking a knee against racism whites are outraged and call them everything but a son of god. It disrupts their dream world where all Blacks do is entertain them.

THat's them being judged on their actions and character.

Hockey is a white mans sport.
Hockey's not really a sport.

It's not a sport without black people. It's not a sport without us. Starts to get a little difficult when we show up.
It was a sport when we first improved the game of hockey. Blacks that left the US played it in Canada. The game was actually modified from a game the NA's played called "shinny". 22 years before the NHL was founded there was the CHL in Canada. Like many things whites do, Blacks were the first to do it or the ones that improved it. The modern NHL would not even exist in its present form if not for the modifications brought by Blacks and stolen by whites to apply to the NHL.

Native American Shinny (Hockey) - Health and Fitness History

Little Known Black History Fact: The Colored Hockey League

"The NHL is composed of 93% of players who designate themselves as white with the remaining 7% of varying ethnicities."
93% white? Calling it a "white mans sport" is not unreasonable.
And it's not sport without black people. That's why USA ice hockey are not as good as other nations. Like Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland

It's a sport. You are a racist.

If America was nearly as racist as you lefties claim, white fans would be abandoning other sports for the sport dominated by white men.

Yet, hockey is tiny compared to Football or baseball.

Whites cant abandon sports. I told you already that whites worship Blacks because we can do things you guys simply cant do. You take the average white guy and put him up against the average Black guy and the Black guy is going to be more athletic 9 times out of 10. You whites need hero worship and your ability to be color blind is betrayed when the Black sports hero betrays you. You start calling him the N word and telling him he gets paid to play sports not make political commentary.

"The NHL is composed of 93% of players who designate themselves as white with the remaining 7% of varying ethnicities."
And it's not sport without black people. That's why USA ice hockey are not as good as other nations. Like Canada, Sweden, Russia, Finland

It's a sport. You are a racist.

If America was nearly as racist as you lefties claim, white fans would be abandoning other sports for the sport dominated by white men.

Yet, hockey is tiny compared to Football or baseball.

Whites cant abandon sports. I told you already that whites worship Blacks because we can do things you guys simply cant do. You take the average white guy and put him up against the average Black guy and the Black guy is going to be more athletic 9 times out of 10. You whites need hero worship and your ability to be color blind is betrayed when the Black sports hero betrays you. You start calling him the N word and telling him he gets paid to play sports not make political commentary.

Your racist ranting is hiding any point(s) you may or may not have.

Whites could abandon sports filled with blacks, if they had a problem with blacks majority teams.

There is no reason that Hockey could not grow to become the primary team sport of White America.

That this does not happen, greatly undermines your lefty lies about how racist White America supposedly is.

Even you must realize how absurdly illogical that statement is.

Forum List

Back