White House could alter virus briefings to limit Trump role

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, President Donald Trump cut off his daily coronavirus task force briefing on Friday without taking any questions from reporters. It may not be the last time.

There have been discussions within the White House about changing the format of the briefings to curtail the president’s role, according to four White House officials and Republicans close to the White House who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The briefings often stretch well beyond an hour and feature combative exchanges between Trump and reporters.
.................................................................................................................................
Is the long national nightmare of Trump's baseless assertions regarding the virus finally over? I doubt it.

WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, President Donald Trump cut off his daily coronavirus task force briefing on Friday without taking any questions from reporters. It may not be the last time.

There have been discussions within the White House about changing the format of the briefings to curtail the president’s role, according to four White House officials and Republicans close to the White House who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The briefings often stretch well beyond an hour and feature combative exchanges between Trump and reporters.
.................................................................................................................................
Is the long national nightmare of Trump's baseless assertions regarding the virus finally over? I doubt it.
The long national nightmare of Trump... ends Jan 2021.

The long national nightmare of Trump... ends Jan 2021.
1587825734972.png

It is possible that he has well and thoroughly embarrassed himself enough times to have learned it only fuels criticism.

What's funny is Trump will hold a 2 hour press briefing and even with that historic level of access to the POTUS the fake news still fails to gotcha Trump on anything. Good job Trump! :eusa_clap:
Dude, what are you smoking and how come you aren't sharing it?

I’m sure he’s had about enough of the ridiculous showboating and asinine
I know I've had about enough of the ridiculous showboating and asinine assertions he makes.

This is no mystery. WH officials realize Trump is a liability to himself........and a health risk to the country.

"For weeks, advisers have been urging the president to scale back his appearances at the briefings, saying that he should come before the cameras only when there is major news or a positive development to discuss, according to the officials. Otherwise, they suggested, he should leave it to Vice President Mike Pence and health officials to take the lead."

I find the briefings to be extraordinarily damaging to his presidency, his approval rating was soaring just 4.5 weeks ago, and now tanks, most likely because he grossly misread the public appetite for watching him engage in petty and spiteful bickering, and quibbling sessions with the usual agents of fascism, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, and friends.... That he enthusiastically engaged in this idiocy over that 4.5 week stretch has left me incredulous, his stream of consciousness exchanges with these fascists led directly to his imbecilic speculations as to ingesting disinfectant's as treatment for the Wuhan flu!

The problem here is that the alternative to him is far far worse, its a fascist political party which very likely has teamed up with communist China in perpetrating the bio-attack upon what is supposed to be their own nation! Now they declare the briefings to be shorter, in length, with the president absent from them altogether as he concentrates upon reopening nation, to damn bad they didn't get the message on this 4.5 weeks ago, damage is now done, the nations enemies pouncing upon his weakness for self-aggrandizing imbecility....

What we have seen from this guy these last 4.5 weeks is precisely why I held nose when voting for him.....

I find the briefings to be extraordinarily damaging to his presidency, his approval rating was soaring just 4.5 weeks ago, and now tanks, most likely because he grossly misread the public appetite for watching him engage in petty and spiteful bickering, and quibbling sessions with the usual agents of fascism, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, and friends.... That he enthusiastically engaged in this idiocy over that 4.5 week stretch has left me incredulous, his stream of consciousness exchanges with these fascists led directly to his imbecilic speculations as to ingesting disinfectant's as treatment for the Wuhan flu!

The problem here is that the alternative to him is far far worse, its a fascist political party which very likely has teamed up with communist China in perpetrating the bio-attack upon what is supposed to be their own nation! Now they declare the briefings to be shorter, in length, with the president absent from them altogether as he concentrates upon reopening nation, to damn bad they didn't get the message on this 4.5 weeks ago, damage is now done, the nations enemies pouncing upon his weakness for self-aggrandizing imbecility....

What we have seen from this guy these last 4.5 weeks is precisely why I held nose when voting for him.....
The uptick in his ratings could hardly be considered "soaring." Come on now.

The uptick in his ratings could hardly be considered "soaring." Come on now.
They were higher then Obama's!

Forum List

Back