White House is conducting a secret war on weed

If you are posting about it tinker belle, what is the secret part?

Disinformation - Read the piece prior to embarrassing yourself Wendy :rolleyes:

hqdefault.jpg

So much for Trump's promise to let the states decide - Fuckers :cranky:

WASHINGTON — The White House has secretly amassed a committee of federal agencies from across the government to combat public support for marijuana and cast state legalization measures in a negative light, while attempting to portray the drug as a national threat, according to interviews with agency staff and documents obtained by BuzzFeed News.

The Marijuana Policy Coordination Committee, as it’s named in White House memos and emails, instructed 14 federal agencies and the Drug Enforcement Administration this month to submit “data demonstrating the most significant negative trends” about marijuana and the “threats” it poses to the country.

In an ironic twist, the committee complained in one memo that the narrative around marijuana is unfairly biased in favor of the drug. But rather than seek objective information, the committee’s records show it is asking officials only to portray marijuana in a negative light, regardless of what the data show.​

Continued:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/trump-secret-committee-anti-marijuana
Conservatives will never change: ignore the facts, continue with the demagoguery and fearmongering.

This is yet another example of the authoritarian right’s fear of dissent and desire to compel conformity.
i'm a conservative and i don't give a rip what you do in the privacy of your own home. maybe all these "stereotypes" keep people from really understanding and able to do something about the issues.

try seeing people, not stereotypes.

Cannabis experts? That’s obviously code for fraudulent pot advocates.
Pot is a devastating substance for some people. Those alleged experts are either ignorant or frauds.

1936 called .. You are to report immediately :D

speaking of misinformation and fear mongering. this is one of the most stupid movies ever put out. i've yet to see anyone smoke up then want to get active and out of control.

i would tell you to stop being stupid but in this case, it seems to be all you have in life, so carry on.

Pot is a devastating substance for some people. Those alleged experts are either ignorant or frauds.

speaking of misinformation and fear mongering. this is one of the most stupid movies ever put out. i've yet to see anyone smoke up then want to get active and out of control.

i would tell you to stop being stupid but in this case, it seems to be all you have in life, so carry on.

That was the point of my posting it for Roshawn - who would probably believe it. Derp

Warning: This content of this OP is the result of cannabis induced paranoia. Reader discretion is advised.

Nah, I ain't worried about it. No matter the volume of disinformation The Marijuana Policy Coordination Committee and Beauregard Sessions foist on the American people, legalization will continue and public support will grow.

Poll: 64 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana

its-not-funny-good-people-dont-smoke-marijuana-jeff-sessions-11297043.png
Warning: This content of this OP is the result of cannabis induced paranoia. Reader discretion is advised.

Nah, I ain't worried about it. No matter the volume of disinformation The Marijuana Policy Coordination Committee and Beauregard Sessions foist on the American people, legalization will continue and public support will grow.

I'm one of the 64%.

I don't use drugs. I don't plan on ever using drugs. But states made it legal and the world didn't come to an end. DUI's are up some in Colorado, but freedom is not synonymous with safety. Some people just aren't going to be able to handle the responibility. Just like alcohol. Just like firearms.

But I'm not willing to penalize the 99.9% that can handle the responsibility of freedom because .1% cannot...even if I personally am not interested in partaking in that freedom.

When are you going to come to the same realization?

States have also overwhelmingly exapanded firearm freedom...and the world didn't come to an end.

View attachment 214477

This could all be taken care of by Congress getting off it's ass and modifying the Controlled Substances Act of 1971 to remove THC/Cannabis from Schedule I.

At that point the same law could apply alcohol rules to pot, leaving it up to the States to handle as they see fit.

At that point we all would know Trumps view on this, as he would have to sign or Veto it.

The same thing would leave Sessions powerless to enforce anything besides inter-state transport into States where pot is not legal.
That's the part I do not understand....???

How in the world is Marijuana a Schedule 1 drug, one of the most dangerous drugs out there according to the Feds, yet Heroin and Opiods, which is killing 50,000 citizens A YEAR from overdose, is not a Schedule 1 drug, but according to the Fed gvt, less dangerous, when not a single person has been killed by using Marijuana? The money spent on this disinformation program to dis weed, could be spent on combating the drug additions of Opiod drugs?

It truly does not make any sense, unless you buy in to the conspiracy theory of this is the way the government gets their Black Ops money, somehow?

Last edited:

I'm one of the 64%.

I don't use drugs. I don't plan on ever using drugs. But states made it legal and the world didn't come to an end. DUI's are up some in Colorado, but freedom is not synonymous with safety. Some people just aren't going to be able to handle the responibility. Just like alcohol. Just like firearms.

But I'm not willing to penalize the 99.9% that can handle the responsibility of freedom because .1% cannot...even if I personally am not interested in partaking in that freedom.

States have also overwhelmingly exapanded firearm freedom...and the world didn't come to an end.

View attachment 214477

This could all be taken care of by Congress getting off it's ass and modifying the Controlled Substances Act of 1971 to remove THC/Cannabis from Schedule I.

At that point the same law could apply alcohol rules to pot, leaving it up to the States to handle as they see fit.

At that point we all would know Trumps view on this, as he would have to sign or Veto it.

The same thing would leave Sessions powerless to enforce anything besides inter-state transport into States where pot is not legal.

How in the world is Marijuana a Schedule 1 drug, one of the most dangerous drugs out there according to the Feds, yet Heroine and Opiods, which is killing 50,000 citizens A YEAR from overdose, is not a Schedule 1 drug, but according to the Fed gvt, less dangerous, when not a single person has been killed by using Marijuana? The money spent on this disinformation program to dis weed, could be spent on combating the drug additions of Opiod drugs?

It truly does not make any sense, unless you buy in to the conspiracy theory of this is the way the government gets their Black Ops money, somehow?

It's because at the time the law was written certain opioids had therapeutic uses.

Heroin is Schedule I, Morphine and Codeine are not.

I'm one of the 64%.

View attachment 214477

How in the world is Marijuana a Schedule 1 drug, one of the most dangerous drugs out there according to the Feds, yet Heroine and Opiods, which is killing 50,000 citizens A YEAR from overdose, is not a Schedule 1 drug, but according to the Fed gvt, less dangerous, when not a single person has been killed by using Marijuana? The money spent on this disinformation program to dis weed, could be spent on combating the drug additions of Opiod drugs?

It's because at the time the law was written certain opioids had therapeutic uses.

TY!
But what did marijuana have that made it get in the category of the most dangerous drugs?

And isn't Heroin derived from opium, just like most natural opioids?

I'm one of the 64%.

View attachment 214477

TY!
But what did marijuana have that made it get in the category of the most dangerous drugs?

And isn't Heroin derived from opium, just like most natural opioids?

To be honest it was probably because legal opioids like morphine and codeine came in pill form, and pot was smoked.

WASHINGTON — The White House has secretly amassed a committee of federal agencies from across the government to combat public support for marijuana and cast state legalization measures in a negative light, while attempting to portray the drug as a national threat, according to interviews with agency staff and documents obtained by BuzzFeed News.

The Marijuana Policy Coordination Committee, as it’s named in White House memos and emails, instructed 14 federal agencies and the Drug Enforcement Administration this month to submit “data demonstrating the most significant negative trends” about marijuana and the “threats” it poses to the country.

In an ironic twist, the committee complained in one memo that the narrative around marijuana is unfairly biased in favor of the drug. But rather than seek objective information, the committee’s records show it is asking officials only to portray marijuana in a negative light, regardless of what the data show.​

Continued:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/trump-secret-committee-anti-marijuana

Maybe if you quit smoking the stuff long enough your head might clear a bit and you'll eventually say something half intelligent.

That was the point of my posting it for Roshawn - who would probably believe it. Derp

You’re clueless. You’re even referencing the same shit we did back 50 years ago. Get with it. And get an intervention.

Continued:

If you know about it, it's not much of a secret.

Just sayin'.

Funny to watch all the big government statist supporting more government interference in our lives and then claim to be “right” or “conservatives”

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Continued:

If you know about it, it's not much of a secret.

Just sayin'.
Potheads think everything is a conspiracy. Still worship cheech and Chong. So cutting-edge!

Continued:

You can't believe anything Trump says.

Forum List

Back