WHITES NEED NOT APPLY: Black Leaders Oppose White ‘Cultural Studies’ Teacher

Personally I think it is counter productive and perpetuates racism for there to be 'black studies' and 'Asian studies' and 'Middle Eastern studies' etc. THAT is what everybody should be protesting and not the color of skin of the teacher. Generations of us grew up immersed in American and World History and Ancient History and all included a lot of education about the different races and their contributions to the whole of humanity.

But the emphasis back then was to promote pride and understanding of what it meant to be American and skin color had nothing to do with that.

Until the bleeding hearts out there get it through their thick skills that Martin Luther King Jr was right--we should focus on the content of a person's character and not on the color of his/her skin. . . .

We should be teaching and promoting that skin color is of no more importance than hair color or eye color. . .

And then and only then can we expect racism to begin to fade into a distant memory. All this focus and emphasis on race and ethnicity does nothing more than to separate people into groups, emphasize their differences, and keep racism alive and well. And unfortunately I am starting to believe that is the intent behind it.

Please give an example of what you learned concerning Black History???

Well at the time we were in school we learned about the history of slavery and the evils associated with it and we learned about Benjamin Banneker, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Jacobs, Alexander Crummell, Harriet Tubman, Booker T Washington, George Washington Carver, to name a few. As a substitute history teacher as my kids were growing up, some additional names - Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr etc. were added.

Personally I think it is counter productive and perpetuates racism for there to be 'black studies' and 'Asian studies' and 'Middle Eastern studies' etc. THAT is what everybody should be protesting and not the color of skin of the teacher. Generations of us grew up immersed in American and World History and Ancient History and all included a lot of education about the different races and their contributions to the whole of humanity.

But the emphasis back then was to promote pride and understanding of what it meant to be American and skin color had nothing to do with that.

Until the bleeding hearts out there get it through their thick skills that Martin Luther King Jr was right--we should focus on the content of a person's character and not on the color of his/her skin. . . .

We should be teaching and promoting that skin color is of no more importance than hair color or eye color. . .

And then and only then can we expect racism to begin to fade into a distant memory. All this focus and emphasis on race and ethnicity does nothing more than to separate people into groups, emphasize their differences, and keep racism alive and well. And unfortunately I am starting to believe that is the intent behind it.

Well at the time we were in school we learned about the history of slavery and the evils associated with it and we learned about Benjamin Banneker, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Jacobs, Alexander Crummell, Harriet Tubman, Booker T Washington, George Washington Carver, to name a few. As a substitute history teacher as my kids were growing up, some additional names - Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr etc. were added.

As I suspected. Please be aware that Black history is so much more than slavery.
Why is the role of Black soldiers during the Revolutionary war never surface, how about the first man killed in that conflict?
Have you ever studied any Black inventors, scientist, architects, anything at all not connected to slavery?

As I suspected. Please be aware that Black history is so much more than slavery.
Why is the role of Black soldiers during the Revolutionary war never surface, how about the first man killed in that conflict?
Have you ever studied any Black inventors, scientist, architects, anything at all not connected to slavery?

Obviously you haven't been educated in the life and experience of some of those names I have listed. They certainly were not ALL that we studied, but since ALL that we studied spans years of American and world history, we don't have the time or band width to deal with it all here. And certainly the role of black soldiers in the Revolutionary War AND the Civil War have been included in the mix, both the positives and the negatives associated with that.

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary? Why not make that pretty matter of fact for black people as much as it is for any other people? I am advocating education that does not emphasize skin color as somehow making people different. I want skin color to become no more important than eye color or hair color if that is okay with you. And separating out people for 'special studies' simply won't accomplish that.

Obviously you haven't been educated in the life and experience of some of those names I have listed. They certainly were not ALL that we studied, but since ALL that we studied spans years of American and world history, we don't have the time or band width to deal with it all here. And certainly the role of black soldiers in the Revolutionary War AND the Civil War have been included in the mix, both the positives and the negatives associated with that.

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary? Why not make that pretty matter of fact for black people as much as it is for any other people? I am advocating education that does not emphasize skin color as somehow making people different. I want skin color to become no more important than eye color or hair color if that is okay with you. And separating out people for 'special studies' simply won't accomplish that.

You are either unaware or choose to be unaware that history as taught in public education is White history and prior to "Black history Month" all the more so.
As an American how many Hispanic, Asians and Africans are included in important historical moments??

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary?
It is out of the ordinary when children are never exposed to it, which culture has it's accomplishments taught as 90% of history??

Why aren't people of other races and cultures who stood side by side never included in that narrative?

Because if you are not pointing them out it is out of the ordinary. We hear all about the white scientists so why not the Black ones? Why is white achievement the focus? Where are the examples children of color can relate to?

Of course it matters you idiots, you live in a racist society. And while a white can teach, he will not have had anything like the same experience as a minority so it's going to be interesting because the kids will know, first hand, what he can only imagine.

Then it stands to reason that black teachers can not teach white children either.

In a white culture course or you mean like, math and shit?

NO ONE should EVER teach black culture to ANYONE EVER!!! There are very few good qualities in black culture, and a fuckload of bad ones. It is a failed culture and it needs to go away. We only need American culture.

Last edited:
Then it stands to reason that black teachers can not teach white children either.

NO ONE should EVER teach black culture to ANYONE EVER!!! There are very few good qualities in black culture, and a fuckload of bad ones. It is a failed culture and it needs to go away. We only need American culture.

Spoken by one thoroughly ignorant of black culture.

Have you seen the fatherless household statistics or the crime statistics? Is misogyny positive? Is the lack of importance on education positive? No one cooperates with the police when someone is murdered. In the black community, only uncle Toms speak well and do good in school. What the fuck is good about that culture? It isnt helping black people at all. Its doing tremendous damage to generation after generation.

You are the ignorant one. Honestly, get a fucking clue you moron.

Segregation is alive and well. Why don't we just accept it and move on?

It's amazing how skin color does seem to matter sometimes... But it's always a leftiest that thinks so.

You never see a Conservative claiming that someone can't do a job because of their skin color.

:lol:

You really don't though, or at least not people in the education community who can actually put ideas like that into effect. You don't see conservative representatives ever claiming that "white people should teach white kids". Can you prove me wrong?

You are either unaware or choose to be unaware that history as taught in public education is White history and prior to "Black history Month" all the more so.
As an American how many Hispanic, Asians and Africans are included in important historical moments??

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary?
It is out of the ordinary when children are never exposed to it, which culture has it's accomplishments taught as 90% of history??

Why aren't people of other races and cultures who stood side by side never included in that narrative?

Why do you think they never are? That has not been my experience.

Who said anything about "never"? Its not anywhere near the level of exposure white achievement is paraded past them. Why do you think that is? Why are kids not taught a Black woman is responsible for plotting the trajectory for humans to land on the moon?

Have you seen the fatherless household statistics or the crime statistics? Is misogyny positive? Is the lack of importance on education positive? No one cooperates with the police when someone is murdered. In the black community, only uncle Toms speak well and do good in school. What the fuck is good about that culture? It isnt helping black people at all. Its doing tremendous damage to generation after generation.

You just validated in crowning glory how ignorant you are of Black culture. :lol:

Who said anything about "never"? Its not anywhere near the level of exposure white achievement is paraded past them. Why do you think that is? Why are kids not taught a Black woman is responsible for plotting the trajectory for humans to land on the moon?

Why are you so focused on skin color instead of the accomplishment itself? Why should kids be made aware that it was a BLACK person--wow a BLACK person actually did something important!!!--instead of allowing those kids to consider skin color as no more important than eye color or hair color? Don't you see how it perpetuates racism to point out again and again and again that something is special not because it was done, but because a BLACK person did it? As if that was unusual or remarkable instead of being commonplace?

Last edited:

Why are you so focused on skin color instead of the accomplishment itself? Why should kids be made aware that it was a BLACK person--wow a BLACK person actually did something important!!!--instead of allowing those kids to consider skin color as no more important than eye color or hair color? Don't you see how it perpetuates racism to point out again and again and again that something is special not because it was done, but because a BLACK person did it? As if that was unusual or remarkable instead of being commonplace?

Because our minds think in images. Its not necessarily the color of the skin because we have Black people with almost white skin. The importance is that children see themselves reflected in people doing great things. I thought you said you were a teacher?

Showing children that people of color achieve doesnt perpetuate racism it makes it disappear. They dont have the image that Black people are perpetual victims or slaves ingrained into their heads before reaching middle school. You dont have to even mention the persons skin color. Kids can see just fine.

You just validated in crowning glory how ignorant you are of Black culture. :lol:
Im sure in your simple mind you think this is some sort of great rebuttle. I couldnt help but notice that you cant refute the facts that I presented. Its ok, no one can. Thats why they are FACTS. Thanks for playing loser.

Im sure in your simple mind you think this is some sort of great rebuttle. I couldnt help but notice that you cant refute the facts that I presented. Its ok, no one can. Thats why they are FACTS. Thanks for playing loser.

Why would I attempt to rebut your deflection? I cant help but notice all your "facts" have nothing to do with Black culture. Not even 1 of them. Youve got your head entirely too far up your ass. You should begin extraction measures ASAP.

Because our minds think in images. Its not necessarily the color of the skin because we have Black people with almost white skin. The importance is that children see themselves reflected in people doing great things. I thought you said you were a teacher?

Showing children that people of color achieve doesnt perpetuate racism it makes it disappear. They dont have the image that Black people are perpetual victims or slaves ingrained into their heads before reaching middle school. You dont have to even mention the persons skin color. Kids can see just fine.

I have done some substitute teaching in the public schools--most of my teaching experience has been in college level courses and that is not my vocation but rather an occasional sideline vocation. But I have served on a school board, been a booster of various school activities and sports, been president of the PTA and have raised my own and helped raise a lot of other kids, and serve as a tutor now and then for kids now. And I am firmly convinced that treating black kids (or ANY kids) differently from all other kids, or pointing out to them that they are different and should see themselves as different, is NOT doing those kids any kind of favor.

You and I will just have to disagree on that.

I have done some substitute teaching in the public schools--most of my teaching experience has been in college level courses and that is not my vocation but rather an occasional sideline vocation. But I have served on a school board, been a booster of various school activities and sports, been president of the PTA and have raised my own and helped raise a lot of other kids, and serve as a tutor now and then for kids now. And I am firmly convinced that treating black kids (or ANY kids) differently from all other kids, or pointing out to them that they are different and should see themselves as different, is NOT doing those kids any kind of favor.

You and I will just have to disagree on that.

We dont disagree. I said teachers should be making sure children of color see more examples of themselves succeeding and mentioned in history instead of parading white person after white person in front of them. There is no shortage of examples and they fit right alongside the stories about white people.

Crispus Attucks for example, should be featured prominently in any discussion regarding the Rev. War with images showing he is a black person.

In world history point out that Black Pharaohs ruled Egypt. Point out the role the Black Moors played in educating or reeducating Europe.

Explain that white historian frequently disregarded and buried the the accomplishments of Black civilizations. Mention things such as the invention of steel. The fact that Black people were the first to use anti-biotics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back