WHITES NEED NOT APPLY: Black Leaders Oppose White ‘Cultural Studies’ Teacher

Unfrigging believable.

Well one thing, maybe now this White Liberal Professor is on the receiving end of what he's been teaching he'll understand the damage he's done.

Fresno Black Leaders Oppose White Cultural Studies Teacher | The Daily Caller

Black community leaders in Fresno, Calif., are urging the Fresno Unified School District to re-evaluate the hiring of a white guy to teach three cultural studies courses at a brand-new middle school that will overwhelmingly serve minority students.

Rutherford B. Gaston Middle School — named after the city’s first black principal — will open in a few short weeks. It’s the first middle school in the immediate, poverty-ridden vicinity since 1979.

The protesters are unhappy because the school has chosen to hire Peter Beck, a person with white skin, over other, unidentified candidates, The Fresno Bee reports.

Beck will teach African-American studies, Latino studies and Southeast Asian studies.

::::

“We’re just saying what the community wants,” said Rev. Karen Crozier, one of the activists. “We didn’t fight for a white male or female teacher to educate our babies.”

Crozier, who appears to be a professor at Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary, also suggested that a white person cannot teach minority children in this instance because of racism.

Yes, unfrigging believable.
Well actually it is believable, given what's going on these days.

Might just do the 'babies' the world of good to have a White person teaching them 'cultural studies'.

NO ONE should EVER teach black culture to ANYONE EVER!!! There are very few good qualities in black culture, and a fuckload of bad ones. It is a failed culture and it needs to go away. We only need American culture.

Spoken by one thoroughly ignorant of black culture.

Have you seen the fatherless household statistics or the crime statistics? Is misogyny positive? Is the lack of importance on education positive? No one cooperates with the police when someone is murdered. In the black community, only uncle Toms speak well and do good in school. What the fuck is good about that culture? It isnt helping black people at all. Its doing tremendous damage to generation after generation.

You are the ignorant one. Honestly, get a fucking clue you moron.

Again ,the voice of the stupid and ignorant speaks...
What you describe, as an obviously not Black person, is the ignorance that makes one's hair stand on end.

You have in no way described "Black Culture", what you have described is the culture of ignorance and base thinking and actions.

So I guess you are also one of the stupid assholes that think educated, intelligent Black people are some sort of aberration..

How about you go sit in the corner and stfu until we start discussing something you know about.

It's amazing how skin color does seem to matter sometimes...
Of course it matters you idiots, you live in a racist society. And while a white can teach, he will not have had anything like the same experience as a minority so it's going to be interesting because the kids will know, first hand, what he can only imagine.

Then it stands to reason that black teachers can not teach white children either.

You believe that, don't you?

Because our minds think in images. Its not necessarily the color of the skin because we have Black people with almost white skin. The importance is that children see themselves reflected in people doing great things. I thought you said you were a teacher?

Showing children that people of color achieve doesnt perpetuate racism it makes it disappear. They dont have the image that Black people are perpetual victims or slaves ingrained into their heads before reaching middle school. You dont have to even mention the persons skin color. Kids can see just fine.

I have done some substitute teaching in the public schools--most of my teaching experience has been in college level courses and that is not my vocation but rather an occasional sideline vocation. But I have served on a school board, been a booster of various school activities and sports, been president of the PTA and have raised my own and helped raise a lot of other kids, and serve as a tutor now and then for kids now. And I am firmly convinced that treating black kids (or ANY kids) differently from all other kids, or pointing out to them that they are different and should see themselves as different, is NOT doing those kids any kind of favor.

You and I will just have to disagree on that.

We dont disagree. I said teachers should be making sure children of color see more examples of themselves succeeding and mentioned in history instead of parading white person after white person in front of them. There is no shortage of examples and they fit right alongside the stories about white people.

Crispus Attucks for example, should be featured prominently in any discussion regarding the Rev. War with images showing he is a black person.

In world history point out that Black Pharaohs ruled Egypt. Point out the role the Black Moors played in educating or reeducating Europe.

Explain that white historian frequently disregarded and buried the the accomplishments of Black civilizations. Mention things such as the invention of steel. The fact that Black people were the first to use anti-biotics.

Where we disagree is in making the distinction of 'blackness' a deliberate thing and thus insisting that black students see themselves as different from others. Yes, the history books should reflect all of history, not just the part that favors this race or that race or singles one out. But apart from that, forget about color and allow learning to happen as human beings, not people who are black or white or whatever.

The lack of those studies is what perpetuates racism. The more you understand people the less effect racism has. That is if you understand the concept of simple respect.

MLK did not say to be colorblind. He said to not judge people based on color.

Racism will fade when people know more about the accomplishments of different ethnic groups and those same ethnic groups know what role their people played in history.

Racism will fade when people know more about the accomplishments of different ethnic groups and those same ethnic groups know what role their people played in history.

Except for the Moslems ... you can't tell the truth about the Islamic contribution... such as being the originators of the last great wave of Slavery and one of the few places where it continues to this day --- can't insult the Moslems.... you are only allowed to insult Europeans ... Right Asclepias ?

Racism will fade away when racist rabble rousers, such as the asshats in the image submitted with the OP are put in their place.

Why wouldnt you be able to tell the truth about Muslims? Thats a pretty dumb question. you do realize Muslim is not a race right? Racism will never fade by putting someone in their place. It will just go under ground and ferment. Education provided by people that know more than just facts is what is needed.

Actually Islam is racist and racially based , it preaches Arab supremacy over all other races

Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us.

As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah's Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us." Tabari II:11

Bukhari:V4B52N137 "The Prophet said, 'Let the negro slave of Dinar perish. And if he is pierced with a thorn, let him not find anyone to take it out for him...If he [the black slave] asks for anything it shall not be granted, and if he needs intercession [to get into paradise], his intercession will be denied.'"

But, it's not just militant blacks....

Jose-Angel-Gutierrez.jpg

As I suspected. Please be aware that Black history is so much more than slavery.
Why is the role of Black soldiers during the Revolutionary war never surface, how about the first man killed in that conflict?
Have you ever studied any Black inventors, scientist, architects, anything at all not connected to slavery?

Obviously you haven't been educated in the life and experience of some of those names I have listed. They certainly were not ALL that we studied, but since ALL that we studied spans years of American and world history, we don't have the time or band width to deal with it all here. And certainly the role of black soldiers in the Revolutionary War AND the Civil War have been included in the mix, both the positives and the negatives associated with that.

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary? Why not make that pretty matter of fact for black people as much as it is for any other people? I am advocating education that does not emphasize skin color as somehow making people different. I want skin color to become no more important than eye color or hair color if that is okay with you. And separating out people for 'special studies' simply won't accomplish that.

Because if you are not pointing them out it is out of the ordinary. We hear all about the white scientists so why not the Black ones? Why is white achievement the focus? Where are the examples children of color can relate to?

Why is white achievement the focus?

Because White Achievement is what brought Civiization to where it now stands

Because it's the Europeans who fostered and were the catalyst that brought about the current state of Humanity. Not Africans, Not Asians, Not Native Americans - but the Europeans - up untill very recently they have been responsible for nearly all of civilizations advancements in the Modern era. It's the Europeans that broiught civilization to the rest of us - sometimes quite brutally - but its their doing.

You want to disdtort and pervert the Truth, create a false image of reality to make some minority feel good about themselves and you accomplish nothing but peprpetuating and endorsing racism and tribalism .

Last edited:
I am sure this white dude can do his job properly and that is why he was hired.

I believe in hiring the best person for a job regardless of race. In fact, job applications should totally remove that question: "what race are you?" Whomever is in charge of reviewing applications should never see the applicant and should make judgements based on experience, education, talent, and attributes that are directly associated with the job. That way, race should never even be considered in the first place.

Except for the Moslems ... you can't tell the truth about the Islamic contribution... such as being the originators of the last great wave of Slavery and one of the few places where it continues to this day --- can't insult the Moslems.... you are only allowed to insult Europeans ... Right Asclepias ?

Racism will fade away when racist rabble rousers, such as the asshats in the image submitted with the OP are put in their place.

Why wouldnt you be able to tell the truth about Muslims? Thats a pretty dumb question. you do realize Muslim is not a race right? Racism will never fade by putting someone in their place. It will just go under ground and ferment. Education provided by people that know more than just facts is what is needed.

Actually Islam is racist and racially based , it preaches Arab supremacy over all other races

Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us.

As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah's Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us." Tabari II:11

Bukhari:V4B52N137 "The Prophet said, 'Let the negro slave of Dinar perish. And if he is pierced with a thorn, let him not find anyone to take it out for him...If he [the black slave] asks for anything it shall not be granted, and if he needs intercession [to get into paradise], his intercession will be denied.'"

Stay on point and stop deflecting. Islam is not a race. There are Muslims of every conceivable race. You cant really think I'm going to take you serious without a link are you? You know Arab specifically refers to those that are from Saudi Arabia right? That is not a race its a nation. You also must know that the quote is referring to a Black slave just like they had white ones and middle eastern ones? You must also know that it is against Islam to enslave another Muslim?

Last edited:
Obviously you haven't been educated in the life and experience of some of those names I have listed. They certainly were not ALL that we studied, but since ALL that we studied spans years of American and world history, we don't have the time or band width to deal with it all here. And certainly the role of black soldiers in the Revolutionary War AND the Civil War have been included in the mix, both the positives and the negatives associated with that.

But again, why is it so necessary to point out black scientists and architects etc. as if that is something out of the ordinary? Why not make that pretty matter of fact for black people as much as it is for any other people? I am advocating education that does not emphasize skin color as somehow making people different. I want skin color to become no more important than eye color or hair color if that is okay with you. And separating out people for 'special studies' simply won't accomplish that.

Because if you are not pointing them out it is out of the ordinary. We hear all about the white scientists so why not the Black ones? Why is white achievement the focus? Where are the examples children of color can relate to?

Why is white achievement the focus?

Because it's the Europeans who fostered and were the catalyst that brought about the current state of Humanity. Not Africans, Not Asians, Not Native Americans - but the Europeans - up untill very recently they have been responsible for nearly all of civilizations advancements in the Modern era. It's the Europeans that broiught civilization to the rest of us - sometimes quite brutally - but its their doing.

You want to disdtort and pervert the Truth, create a false image of reality to make some minority feel good about themselves and you accomplish nothing but peprpetuating and endorsing racism and tribalism .

That is so ass backwardly false I am at a loss for words. I will just leave you with a quote. :lol:

Stephanus of Byzantium (circa 700 AD) wrote, "Ethiopia was the first established country on earth; and the Ethiopians were the first to set up the worship of the gods and to establish laws."

Last edited:

That is so ass backwardly false I am at a loss for words. I will just leave you with a quote. :lol:

Stephanus of Byzantium (circa 700 AD) wrote, "Ethiopia was the first established country on earth; and the Ethiopians were the first to set up the worship of the gods and to establish laws."

Actually he is so freaking stupid and ignorant that it's mind boggling.
However it directly points to the fact that a lack of history without the contributions of every minority group save White folk results in this ignorance of real history.

If you asked that idiot of a contribution to society by any minority, his brain would fizzle.

It's actually funny that European civilization is actually bastardized from all the other civilizations it came into contact with.

However, how can you debate this with folks who stopped learning history by 7th grade??

Of course it matters you idiots, you live in a racist society. And while a white can teach, he will not have had anything like the same experience as a minority so it's going to be interesting because the kids will know, first hand, what he can only imagine.

Which then precludes blacks from being English teachers to white children. Am I right?

Then it stands to reason that black teachers can not teach white children either.

In a white culture course or you mean like, math and shit?

You think Math is "white culture," you racist POS? Or did you just imagine you were being 'clever'? Stick to being a shameless hypocrite. It's what you're good at.

You sure do strike out a lot when you try to refute people. Going on your gut feeling for whether a remark is right or wrong, is not a good approach to take when the issue about truth or falsity.

Here's a taste on anti-racist math:

Answer: the new math curriculum, otherwise known as anti-racist multicultural math.

Between 1999 and 2001, under the direction of Superintendent Young and Assistant Superintendent Wyatt, the math curriculum was redesigned to emphasize "Newton's commitment to active anti-racist education" for the elementary and middle schools. This meant that no longer were division, multiplication, fractions and decimals the first priority for teaching math. For that matter, the teaching of math was no longer the first priority for math teachers, as indicated by the new curriculum guidelines, called benchmarks, which function as the primary instructional guide for teaching math in the Newton Public Schools.

In 2001 Mr. Young, Mrs. Wyatt and an assortment of other well-paid school administrators, defined the new number-one priority for teaching mathematics, as documented in the curriculum benchmarks, "Respect for Human Differences - students will live out the system wide core of 'Respect for Human Differences' by demonstrating anti-racist/anti-bias behaviors." It continues, "Students will: Consistently analyze their experiences and the curriculum for bias and discrimination; Take effective anti-bias action when bias or discrimination is identified; Work with people of different backgrounds and tell how the experience affected them; Demonstrate how their membership in different groups has advantages and disadvantages that affect how they see the world and the way they are perceived by others..." It goes on and on.

These are the most important priorities that the school department has determined for teaching math from grade one through eight, as documented in the Newton Public Schools Benchmarks.

Nowhere among the first priorities for the math curriculum guidelines is the actual teaching of math. That's a distant second. To Superintendent Young and his School Committee, mathematical problem-solving is of secondary importance to anti-racist/anti-bias math.​

More on anti-racist math reform here:

Secretary Riley commented that NCTM has published “the prevailing standards in the country, so we thought that would make sense.” But critics see a deliberate integration of ideological agendas. The architects of NCTM’s 1989 standards declared that social injustices had given white males an advantage over women and minorities in math, and they promised NCTM’s reinvented math would equalize scores. Equality would be achieved by eliminating the “computational gate.”​

Here's the New York Times write-up on Ethnomathematics:

For others, however, ethnomathematics is an effort to supplant the tyranny of Western mathematical standards.

Ethnomathematics has a few parents, but most observers trace its formal birth to a speech given by the Brazilian mathematician Ubiratan D'Ambrosio in the mid-1980's. Now an emeritus professor of math at the State University of Campinas outside S-o Paulo, he explained his thinking a couple of years ago to The Chronicle of Higher Education: ''Mathematics is absolutely integrated with Western civilization, which conquered and dominated the entire world. The only possibility of building up a planetary civilization depends on restoring the dignity of the losers.'' . . .

To redress their pedagogical grievances, these ethnomathematicians want math curriculums that place greater emphasis on the systems of previous civilizations and certain traditional cultures.​

Which then precludes blacks from being English teachers to white children. Am I right?

Being an English teacher has nothing to do with racial history. Most Black people learn english as a first langue. You cant learn how to be Black or Latino from sitting in a class room.

Last edited:

Being an English teacher has nothing to do with racial history. Most Black people learn english as a first langue. You cant learn how to be Black or Latino from sitting in a class room.

You no more have to be black to teach black grievance studies than you need to be a woman to be a obstetrician nor a man to be a urologist.

You no more have to be black to teach black grievance studies than you need to be a woman to be a obstetrician nor a man to be a urologist.

Its cultural studies retard. The best qualified person for the job is a person of that culture. A white person would be OK but a person of that culture would be better.

so it's ok to not hire the most qualified person b/c he's white

That is discrimination and it's a crime

understand that you support breaking the law and that you are a racist.

Its cultural studies retard. The best qualified person for the job is a person of that culture. A white person would be OK but a person of that culture would be better.

So only white teachers to teach Colonial American history because there were no blacks on the Mayflower, so black history teachers are disqualified from teaching Early American History. We can bring in a guest black history teacher to teach one day on the topic of the slave-experience during the Civil War and then turn the class back over to white teachers who teach all about the battles and Generals and Politicians and everything that was going on in the culture.

OK, I understand your point now.

Forum List

Back