Who believes Disaster Victims should PAY to be rescued?

With few exceptions I have not seen many saying aid should be denied.

Every state pays into the federal government. One of the "benefits" is help when a disaster overwhelms state resources. It is the 50 states coming together to help the few, it is the right thing to do.

As for rebuilding in flood prone places, that I am not so much in favor of. Unless they pay a high flood insurance premium.

Charities should take care of this.Why should working people pay for irresponsible losers ?
Thank you for showing who really believes as the OP states. It makes things so crystal clear when the left wing states what they really mean, thanks.
You know those are the feelings of the right wing. Anyone who has spent any time reading what Republicans and their minions, the Alt Right and others of that ilk post know that to be a fact.

To see those obese, low IQ democrats being rescued as if they are entitled to a helicopter ride was disgusting. And they don't even thank the rescue workers. They should definitely be charged accordingly. Same goes for black violent criminals who get shot. An ambulance ride is about $1,000. Bullet wound treatment can be hundreds of thousands of dollars. Once they start paying for their moronic behavior (including pregnancies) maybe then they will smarten up.
Funny that you would use the term low IQ in a post that was obviously written by a moron. Where do I even start with the holes in your logic. How about the fact that Houston is a very Republican town so the Obese Low IQs you are talking about may very well be republicans. And how do you know they weren't grateful for being rescued, you see a 10 second clip on the internet or on the news and you think you know it all? Many victims of crimes and disasters are innocent and not responsible for the harm that was inflicted on them... Many are poor and can't afford the astronomical medical costs, so your brilliant plan is to let them suffer and die or put many many many more people into debt that they will never crawl out of. Houses foreclose, crime goes up, drug use goes up, suicides go up, education goes down, gangs grow stronger... These are the effects of your genus ideas. I guess you don't see that though.

Why does the aid need to be voted on ? Why doesnt it just happen automatically ?
And why would people vote against aid ?
Because there are still a lot of incredibly selfish people that lack a sense of empathy and perspective. Let something like this happen in their community and maybe a lightbulb will go off. Until them we just have to listen to their noise.

To be fair there has been a history of political douchebags porking up the aid bills and packing in millions of dollars to support programs and efforts that they couldn't get votes for otherwise and that don't really have to do with relief efforts.

Why does the aid need to be voted on ? Why doesnt it just happen automatically ?
Because there are still a lot of incredibly selfish people that lack a sense of empathy and perspective. Let something like this happen in their community and maybe a lightbulb will go off. Until them we just have to listen to their noise.

To be fair there has been a history of political douchebags porking up the aid bills and packing in millions of dollars to support programs and efforts that they couldn't get votes for otherwise and that don't really have to do with relief efforts.
Disaster relief being partisan is probably the the low point of party politics. It cant get worse then that.

Disaster relief being partisan is probably the the low point of party politics. It cant get worse then that.
When Democrats support it and Republicans don't, you can't blame that on Democrats.

You know who. We don't even have to ask.

Hints:

Take away healthcare for tens of millions of Americans.

Cut school lunches for poor children.

Cut food stamps for poor children and veterans.

Let him die.

Voted against healthcare for first responders.

Feed the poor and they will breed.

Can you guess yet?

The only person I ever see making these claims is you.

Look at who is in charge.

A former brain surgeon.

The former head of World Wide Wrestling.

The guy who wants to destroy the EPA.

And nearly every one under them? From the Bush administration.

And remember Trump's budget? Cut FEMA?

The worst is ahead now that the Keystone K Kops are getting involved.

ftr, no those in need of being rescued in a disaster should not have to pay to be rescued.

I didn't read back, but I hope someone mentioned the "poetic justice" or Karma of Texas senators voting against aid to Sandy victims 5 years ago! I wonder will they appreciate Congress slow-walking bills to fund Houston restoration to it's previous glory like they did New Jersey? That Republican Congress was ready to shut the gov't down to screw over Obama! How will Trump and his cabinet deal with this catastrophe along with raising the "debt ceiling" and the Korean intrigued they've set themselves up to fail due to their own ineptitude in foreign affairs? :dunno: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_naughty:

I didn't read back, but I hope someone mentioned the "poetic justice" or Karma of Texas senators voting against aid to Sandy victims 5 years ago! I wonder will they appreciate Congress slow-walking bills to fund Houston restoration to it's previous glory like they did New Jersey? That Republican Congress was ready to shut the gov't down to screw over Obama! How will Trump and his cabinet deal with this catastrophe along with raising the "debt ceiling" and the Korean intrigued they've set themselves up to fail due to their own ineptitude in foreign affairs? :dunno: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_naughty:

That bill was stuffed with porky pork. THAT's the reason some voted no on it, not because they didn't want to help Sandy victims.

Relief bills should contain relief bucks and not a damn thing else.

Hint:

It's the same people who supported BP after the spill and blocked any serious investigation.

The same people who believe billionaires are "needy" and should have their taxes cut.

Still can't guess?
67 Republicans voted against aid for Sandy victims INCLUDING 7 from Texass

Even the CBO said that it was to much pork, lol.

Charities should take care of this.Why should working people pay for irresponsible losers ?
Thank you for showing who really believes as the OP states. It makes things so crystal clear when the left wing states what they really mean, thanks.
You know those are the feelings of the right wing. Anyone who has spent any time reading what Republicans and their minions, the Alt Right and others of that ilk post know that to be a fact.

Hey, do you DISAVOW antifa? We need know this NOW!

That bill was stuffed with porky pork. THAT's the reason some voted no on it, not because they didn't want to help Sandy victims.

Relief bills should contain relief bucks and not a damn thing else.

I would expect more from a "Gold Member!" That was exaggerated for political purposes! That $$ was for the region, not just NJ! After all was said and done, it didn't bother me since it kept a lot more money out of Christie's hands since to this day he hasn't been responsible with what was given him! He played games with the locals and of course you remember him punishing a mayor who wouldn't endorse him by shutting down that entry way to the GW Bridge! It worked out for me anyway even if he did put his constituents in danger with that reckless act for week in Sept. 2013! It cost him a lot more than his reputation! He was on the way to being the low class pig in charge instead of Trump in DC! "Thanks Christie! You would have been more dangerous than Trump since your IQ is just a little above his at cretin!" :cuckoo: :bang3: :blahblah: :dunno: :fu:

You know who. We don't even have to ask.

Hints:

Take away healthcare for tens of millions of Americans.

Cut school lunches for poor children.

Cut food stamps for poor children and veterans.

Let him die.

Voted against healthcare for first responders.

Feed the poor and they will breed.

Can you guess yet?

This is about as gay anpost as I have ever seen on USMB. Truthmatters.!

I wouldn't go beyond our state's Stupid Motorist Law in which drivers may be fined for cost of rescue if they ignore warning signs of road flooding and get stuck.

might be OFF TOPIC but the thing that annoys me is when hikers and mountain climbers get fecked up in some predicament of THEIR OWN MAKING and then call out for rescue from some Mountaintop in the USA .

OR some old feck has a heart attack on some bike trail and the [some] of the public cries out for widening the bike trail into a road so that an ambulance can travel on to save the stricken old or young feck . --------------- probably OFF TOPIC , Maybe .

Forum List

Back