Who exactly are the rich that aren’t paying their fair share?

30 years ago people in the top 10% were making close to $60,000/per year, and so started the chant of rich people don’t pay their fare share. Today we’re hearing the exact same thing. So what I’m curious to know is who the rich are? What level of income is needed before you’re considered to not be paying your fair share. Is it still the $60,000 mark or is it anyone that has $1.00 more than you do.
IMHO it's not the income that decides whether you're paying your fair share It's all the deductions only the rich can take so their % of taxes are very low

Since Democrats controlled Congress for most of the time that the Income Tax has been in effect, who put in all the deductions?
congress on both sides imo,,when I heard not too long ago they could inside sell and buy stocks , there is not too much that is beneath them I just feel Dems are a far better way to go than with the party of the billionaires And Trump?? He's a disgrace

2014 Top Donors to Outside Spending Groups | OpenSecrets

there were 22 individuals on the Open Secrets list who were billionaires. Of those 22 billionaires, 13 -- or more than half -- gave predominantly to liberal groups or groups affiliated with the Democratic Party. The other nine gave predominantly to conservative groups. Here's a list of the billionaires and how much they gave.

Billionaire political donors

Democrats ARE the party of billionaires.
Then why are 83% of these taxcuts going to the top 1%?? These REPUBLICAN inspired taxcuts??

Do you think that's because THEY are the ones who are now paying the taxes? Nah, it couldn't be that, could it?

Yeah god fucking forbid people get to keep more of their own money

Most middle class workers will end up paying more in taxes by 2027. Your highly emotional argument means nothing. The wealthy "keeping more of what they earned" results in higher fees, excise taxes, health care costs, education costs, and energy costs for you.

So you support raising your own taxes because you think the wealthy will trickle down their gain.

That's why you're an idiot.

YOU are the idiot. The only reason the peoples taxes go UP in 2027, is because under the reconciliation rules, they can't make the tax cuts permanent without 60 votes.......meaning, they need Democrooks to vote yes, which they won't, because it is a well known fact that--------> 80% of liberals who get a decent job after they were broke, become CONSERVATIVES, and the Democrooks can not have that-)

MEaningless photo.

That could have been at a bank and none of that cash was Trump's.

But I bet you believe everything you're told don't you?

Picture is not the point idiot. Point is he made a lot of money (you are not actually disputing that) and correspondingly should have paid a lot in taxes - he didn't, no where near.
And you know how much he has paid in taxes in his entire life?

Post it up.

Stop it, it's embarrassing.

Clinton specifically said during the debate that Trump didn't pay taxes for a decade, and all he replyed with was - yea, thats cause' I'm smart.

This the same Clinton that is so corrupt that she cheated Bernie out of a fair chance at the nomination? Frankly, if you're really such a Hillarybot, there's no point in talking to you.

wtf does that have to do with discussion at hand? A.D.D much?
MEaningless photo.

That could have been at a bank and none of that cash was Trump's.

But I bet you believe everything you're told don't you?

Picture is not the point idiot. Point is he made a lot of money (you are not actually disputing that) and correspondingly should have paid a lot in taxes - he didn't, no where near.
And you know how much he has paid in taxes in his entire life?

Post it up.

Stop it, it's embarrassing.

Clinton specifically said during the debate that Trump didn't pay taxes for a decade, and all he replyed with was - yea, thats cause' I'm smart.

This the same Clinton that is so corrupt that she cheated Bernie out of a fair chance at the nomination? Frankly, if you're really such a Hillarybot, there's no point in talking to you.

wtf does that have to do with discussion at hand? A.D.D much?

YOU referenced her as a source. I pointed out her credibility was weak. If you don't remember bringing her up, I invite you to stop posting when you are drunk.

30 years ago people in the top 10% were making close to $60,000/per year, and so started the chant of rich people don’t pay their fare share. Today we’re hearing the exact same thing. So what I’m curious to know is who the rich are? What level of income is needed before you’re considered to not be paying your fair share. Is it still the $60,000 mark or is it anyone that has $1.00 more than you do.

The only people not paying their share are the ones who pay ZERO!
Like Trump....he is giving tax breaks and he is not paying any LOL. Americans are so easy to fool.

10 tax returns 10 years of savings

That is unproven since you refuse to divulge any details. Because you can't. Because you got nothing.

And I said you have no idea what tax bracket I an in now in 2017 so you have no idea what tax bracket I will be in in the future

Yeah, you're keeping that information secret for obvious reasons.

Yes, because leftists like you when they find out someone makes 1 more dollar then they do, want to tax them more.

I don't blame Skull at all. He doesn't need to prove a thing. He made a statement, you can believe it or not. I mean, we believe you are a DERP shit, so obviously we believe you by your handle-)

So you do not know what net worth is.

LOL! The estimates of Trump's net worth seem to vary by the day, and depending on whom you ask. We don't know for sure because, like you, he refuses to divulge personal information that would end up being damaging to his bullshit arguments.

7000 posts in less than a year? Wow, you don't work, do you? Or is this your MENIAL work, lolol! What a phony Derp shit!

IMHO it's not the income that decides whether you're paying your fair share It's all the deductions only the rich can take so their % of taxes are very low
What deductions do the so called rich get on their 1040 that you don't?
Posted them skull

No you posted deductions everyone gets. What are the deductions that only the rich get on their 1040 that you don't
If this doesn't satisfy you I'll say Adios
  • Mortgage interest: a homeownership incentive? ...
  • Capital gains: how the rich get richer. ...
  • Step-up in basis: how the rich remain rich. ...
  • Retirement savings: tax shelter for the rich. ...
  • Charitable deduction: good cause, policy flaws.
5 Tax Deductions That Favor The Rich - Bankrate.com
www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-deductions-favor-rich-1.aspx
I do all of that on my tax return, and I ain't rich.

Posted them skull

No you posted deductions everyone gets. What are the deductions that only the rich get on their 1040 that you don't
There are those the rich can take more advantage of and some that middle class can't take advantage at all
which are what?

According to Obama singles earning $200k and married couples making $250k are rich.
I agree with that. And there isn’t anything wrong with it.
Depending on where you live If you live in Repub Hicksville you'd be rich In NY not so much
One thing for sure, single and bringing home $200K ain’t poor even in NYC.
In NYC that is probably enough just to get by.

30 years ago people in the top 10% were making close to $60,000/per year, and so started the chant of rich people don’t pay their fare share.

No, that's not what caused the rich not paying their fair share. What caused the rich not paying their fair share was the massive tax cut that dropped the top rate from 70% down to below 30%. That sped up income inequality.

Today we’re hearing the exact same thing. So what I’m curious to know is who the rich are? What level of income is needed before you’re considered to not be paying your fair share. Is it still the $60,000 mark or is it anyone that has $1.00 more than you do.

$300,000 is the top 1% income percentile. I'd consider that the start of the 1%, or "rich".

Is that the number Democrats use, or are they still stuck on the $60K.

What these idiots still do not realize is that it is not your income that makes you wealthy it is your net worth.

The guy making 300K who has a net worth of 5 bucks is not wealthy

There's a Mexican proverb I like. "It's not how much money you make that makes you rich, it's how much money you save."

LOL okay what are these make believe rich only tax deductions?
5 tax deductions that favor the rich
JAY MACDONALD@OMNISAURUS
DECEMBER 7, 2011 in TAXES
ADVERTISEMENT
tax-deductions-favor-rich-1-intro.jpg
It’s good to be rich

When it comes to tax deductions, it is good to be rich — the richer, the better.

Middle-class America enjoys some of the same tax breaks as the wealthy on things like the mortgage interest on home loans, capital gains on retirement investments and donations made to charity.

However, the rich enjoy these deductions and others to a wildly disproportionate degree when compared to the rest of taxpayers. According to the National Priorities Project, America’s top earners will get an average tax cut of $66,384 in 2011 while the bottom 20 percent will realize an average tax savings of about $107.

Seth Hanlon, director of fiscal reform for the Center for American Progress, says that while all tax breaks are well-intended, the “upside-down” nature of some miss their target.

“Most people don’t see these as being government expenditures, but from an economic and budget point of view, they’re really the same thing as programs that spend money directly,” says Hanlon. “There are ways to reform them to make them work better.”

Many agree, including President Barack Obama, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.

Here are five tax deductions that help the rich get richer.

The Most Common Overlooked Tax Breaks
Don't miss these tax breaks -- they could save you some cash.

Mortgage interest: a homeownership incentive?
tax-deductions-favor-rich-2-mtg-interest.jpg

The mortgage interest deduction on your federal tax return is intended to encourage homeownership by giving you a tax break on the interest you pay on your house note.

There is little question it benefits millions of middle-class homeowners as well as the wealthy. But does it provide a compelling financial incentive to own rather than rent? Not so much.

According to a study by The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, mortgage interest deductions for households with incomes between $40,000 and $75,000 average just $523, while households with incomes above $250,000 enjoy an average write-off of $5,459, or more than 10 times as much.

You must itemize on IRS Form 1040 Schedule A to claim the deduction. If you do, you can also deduct the interest paid on a second home. The rich do both, but most of the middle class does neither.

“For millions of taxpayers, therefore, the mortgage interest deduction provides no added incentive to buy a home,” says Hanlon. “It makes no sense in terms of targeting the incentive at the people who need or could use it.”

Capital gains: how the rich get richer
tax-deductions-favor-rich-3-capital-gains.jpg

Why does billionaire Warren Buffett pay less income tax than his secretary?

Two words: capital gains.

Long-term capital gains, which derive from the sale of investments such as stocks and bonds held for more than a year, are taxed at 15 percent. That’s well below the 35 percent maximum tax rate on ordinary income such as wages.

The preferential tax treatment of capital gains is widely viewed as regressive because the rich, who derive a disproportionate share of their income from capital gains, pay less than half of the tax rate on that income compared to middle-class wage earne

Oh good lord, you don't even know what mortgage interest is. :itsok:
I am not getting into a shit throwing contest with a moron You win
yes he does, he kicked the snot out of you. you should learn to discuss items you actually know.

Hilarious and disgusting to see all the dupes who believe so many people don't pay taxes... Brainwashed functional morons...
The one tax graph you really need to know
On average everyone pays between 18 and 29% in all taxes and fees and the mega rich end up with all the new wealth and the middle class and working class and the country's infrastructure go slowly to hell. Great job lying hypocrite greedy idiot GOP and silly dupes...

Posted them skull

Hey there Yogi Bare........or is it Bear-)

Bottomline by your own governments accounting--------------->who pays 85% of the taxes, no other bullshit........who PAYS IT! That is all that matters. That is NOT a fair share, that is to much! Are you telling everyone on this board, that the almost 50% of people who do NOT pay in, don't use services? Then why aren't they paying anything..........and if you think that almost 50% should pay nothing, who made you arbiter of who should and shouldn't anyway!
Poor folks who are just existing just getting by by the skin of their teeth should pay what??? And nobody made me arbiter Just unlike asshats like you I have a clue
those folks don't pay taxes, they get all they earn back. why is that difficult for you?

I believe the top 10% earners are 250K and up.

Hilarious and disgusting to see all the dupes who believe so many people don't pay taxes... Brainwashed functional morons...
The one tax graph you really need to know
On average everyone pays between 18 and 29% in all taxes and fees and the mega rich and up with all the new wealth and the middle class and working class and the country's infrastructure go slowly to hell. Great job lying hypocrite greedy idiot GOP and silly dupes...
not federal taxes for income earned. sorry bubba. everyone pays local and state taxes as well as general sales taxes. everyone. that isn't what DC votes on though. you know that right? that's all state activity. BTW, I live in Illinois the highest sales tax state in the union.

Posted them skull

Deductions that favor the rich...no kidding. I've used most of these every year for the last 30 years, pretty sure I'm not rich. The step-up in basis happens when someone dies, so I haven't used that one.

Forum List

Back