Who exactly are the rich that aren’t paying their fair share?

That's not much of an answer.

Show how much of your money any rich guy ever took from you. You must have records of it right? So exactly how much of your money has been taken from you by a rich guy?

I could give you three or four concrete examples, but you'd question them endlessly so why bother. Most of what the rich take from the middle class is intangible. At this point in my life, I'd call myself more on the upper middle side but the thievery does continue. At best, it sends a lot of middle class folks into the lower brackets.

Did you not hear that the middle class is shrinking? You should probably study the subject of wealth inequality and the harm it does primarily to that middle class.

America’s Shrinking Middle Class: A Close Look at Changes Within Metropolitan Areas
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep...the-costs-of-inequality-the-rich-and-the-rest
America's geography of wealth: the shrinking urban middle class visualised

As Americans we can make a choice. We can be an oligarchy like Russia with wealth controlled by VERY few and ruled by autocratic, strong-arm dictators flanked by loyalist Plutocrats. Seems to be what Trump would love to see - elimination of checks and balances where he can run wild and never be questioned. Screw the free press, the FBI, the DOJ, the Judicial Branch, and anything else that pisses him off. This is why he admires guys like Putin, Erdogan and Duterte.

Or we can have a small but efficient government that works not only for the fortunate few but for everyone. A strong middle class is essential to truly MAGA.

All this POS of a bill did is to grow the divide.
I am asking YOU. What has any rich guy ever taken from YOU.

And Here's an interesting read

Sure The Middle Class Is Shrinking: 30% Of Americans Are Now Too Rich To Be In The Middle Class

It is simple income redistribution. The right wing only complain when the poor benefit.

Yeah "trickle down" in the case of this bill is actually "trickle up". It's a dirty little secret for which the poor and middle class will never receive an apology.

No money is being taken from anyone.

People are merely being allowed to keep more of what is theirs.

You foolish lefties can't help yourselves in your disgusting envy of others... Not willing to do the work, not willing to put in the effort, and absolutely gob-smack stupid about reality.

None of my money came from anyone who did not /willingly/ put it out there. I didn't /force/ anyone to buy a computer (I bought into MS and Intel back in the 80s) NOONE forced people to buy PCs and Windows, and MS Office and Motherboards and CPUs and everything else MS and Intel make - NOONE forced anyone to do shit. The masses got something out of that transaction too, a fucking lot frankly; an easier way to do business, a better education, a machine to play games on and talk to their friends and hours upon hours of enjoyment. But now they bitch and bitch and bitch about the wealthy, money that /they/ willingly traded for those benefits, the shit they /wanted/ and bought, made others money. Somehow, we folks who made money of their wants, the very people who HIRE them to fulfill the masses wants/desires, are "evil" and "stealing" from everyone now. It's fucking bullshit. What a bunch of ungrateful, entitled, self-important brats...

It is simple income redistribution. The right wing only complain when the poor benefit.

Yeah "trickle down" in the case of this bill is actually "trickle up". It's a dirty little secret for which the poor and middle class will never receive an apology.

Keep drinkin' then Kool-Aid my friend

orange-copy.jpg

Keep drinkin' then Kool-Aid my friend

orange-copy.jpg

I'm not a republican, not a democrat , not a libertarian, not a member or subscriber to any political party or platform.

I hold the firm belief that people are better off when they get to keep more of their own money.

You seem to think you have a right to other people's money.

Some people seem to believe 'If they have more in their pocket than I have in my pocket, they must have stolen it from me'.

The “not paying fair share” while ignoring the actual share that the high annual income earners to pay is a tried and true tactic from those wedded to class warfare as a means to capture power.

I'm not a republican, not a democrat , not a libertarian, not a member or subscriber to any political party or platform.

I hold the firm belief that people are better off when they get to keep more of their own money.

You're may be an independent, but exhibit all the traits of today's Republican. Nobody would argue with the notion that they'd like everyone to keep as much of their own money as possible. But we all expect decent roads, safe airports, clean water, clean air, safe bridges, a sufficient military, policemen, firemen etc etc etc.

Nope, I've never believed that I had a right to OPM and have never collected anything other than 3 months of unemployment once in my 20's after paying into via FICA for four years. And by the time I retire in around ten years, after 45 years of paying into same I will expect my SS and Medicare benefits to be there.

That is not OPM, nor should it be called an "entitlement". It was a promise. Yes, I believe we should raise the retirement age by a few years on anyone under 50 (a sliding scale) but I'll be damned if Paul Ryan is going to replace either with a damn coupon of some sort. Fuck him.

As for the poor, we have an obligation to life them up. I'm not talking about "free stuff" either. Training in some sort of a trade for poor youth and a helping hand. You might feel fine about looking out your window and seeing people starve and die of sickness out on the street, but that is not what America is about. "lift yourself up by the bootstraps"? Sorry, but a homeless person with an empty stomach and no shower, money or transportation cannot go job hunting.

There are also the mentally ill and physically disabled. We have an obligation to them too.

The left wing complains when anyone benefits. That is why ACA was loved by the left, it burdened the middle class.
The right wing had nothing but repeal, not any better solutions at lower cost.

Why not end the drug war to pay for health care.

Why not pay for your own health care.
Why not pay for your own drug war.
Sure, wouldn't want Obama's Hezbollah connections to get into the country.
We have a Second Amendment. Only the right wing is worried.

You're may be an independent, but exhibit all the traits of today's Republican. Nobody would argue with the notion that they'd like everyone to keep as much of their own money as possible. But we all expect decent roads, safe airports, clean water, clean air, safe bridges, a sufficient military, policemen, firemen etc etc etc.

Nope, I've never believed that I had a right to OPM and have never collected anything other than 3 months of unemployment once in my 20's after paying into via FICA for four years. And by the time I retire in around ten years, after 45 years of paying into same I will expect my SS and Medicare benefits to be there.

That is not OPM, nor should it be called an "entitlement". It was a promise. Yes, I believe we should raise the retirement age by a few years on anyone under 50 (a sliding scale) but I'll be damned if Paul Ryan is going to replace either with a damn coupon of some sort. Fuck him.

As for the poor, we have an obligation to life them up. I'm not talking about "free stuff" either. Training in some sort of a trade for poor youth and a helping hand. You might feel fine about looking out your window and seeing people starve and die of sickness out on the street, but that is not what America is about. "lift yourself up by the bootstraps"? Sorry, but a homeless person with an empty stomach and no shower, money or transportation cannot go job hunting.

There are also the mentally ill and physically disabled. We have an obligation to them too.

Police and fire are local and state concerns not that of the federal government. Most roads are also state and local concerns.

FYI FICA taxes have absolutely nothing to do with unemployment benefits your employer pays both state and federal unemployment taxes (FUTA and SUTA) on your behalf and that's where your unemployment benefits come from.

Because it is adding to the debt.

So now you're concerned about the debt.

The left wing complains when anyone benefits. That is why ACA was loved by the left, it burdened the middle class.

Right wing lowered taxes, lefty’s cry.
Not this next election cycle.

Hooverville is only worth one term.

The left wing is the party of no.
There is no drug war clause in the republican doctrine.

That has to go before welfare spending.

Oh, you mean the one lefties continue to try and eliminate.

FYI FICA taxes have absolutely nothing to do with unemployment benefits your employer pays both state and federal unemployment taxes (FUTA and SUTA) on your behalf and that's where your unemployment benefits come from.

You are correct on the latter - FICA is primarily SS and Medicare. My bad

Only in right wing fantasy. Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment.

Only in right wing fantasy. Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment.

Well regulated is one thing, liberal control quite another. That would be a left wing fantasy.

So now you're concerned about the debt.

Right wing lowered taxes, lefty’s cry.
Not this next election cycle.

Hooverville is only worth one term.

Left wants to take us back to the Great Depression.

The left wing is the party of no.
There is no drug war clause in the republican doctrine.

That has to go before welfare spending.

Only the left is the party of no, they have no answers.

Forum List

Back