Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

True, but African-Americans are only 12.5% of the population, yet they take up 25.7% of the SNAP usage.

They make up a disproportionately high amount of government assistance.

That said... I agree with you that race is irrelevant. (assuming that's your point).

The problem is SNAP itself. The problem is, people who are not working, shouldn't be living off of those who are, and their race is irrelevant.

We need to kick them all off SNAP. Not just one race or another.

Blacks and hispanics, as a percentage of the population receive the most government benefits, including food stamps. How many times are you libs gonna post this bullshit?

SNAPCharts1_1.png

True, but African-Americans are only 12.5% of the population, yet they take up 25.7% of the SNAP usage.

25% of all food stamp use going to 12.6% of the population. This is much higher per capita compared to 40% of 63%. Learn some math or stop posting trash.

Specious logic. It assumes poverty levels are the same for all races -- not at all. In the real world the poverty rate among blacks is more than twice that of whites.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Specious logic. It assumes poverty levels are the same for all races -- not at all. Actually the poverty rate among blacks is more than twice that of whites.
That's because most of them don't work, stupid.

None of the figures give us an accurate reading on how food stamps are used by race WITHOUT
KNOWING the races of the 12.8% that is unknown.

More than likely these 12% of the races UNKNOWN are white imo, because if they were a minority, they would claim being a minority for the other benefits of AA and other programs that would give them preference of sorts.

So if those additional 12% of people were added to "whites", then the percentage on blacks being on food stamps would go down and be more in line with their population,strike that/ or rather, I mean the percentage of whites on food stamps would go up.

Regardless if I am right or I am wrong on my presumption, we can not sit here and argue with each other about this, because we are missing some very important information...WHO ARE the 12% unknown race??? Where do they fall?

Last edited:

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Specious logic. It assumes poverty levels are the same for all races -- not at all. Actually the poverty rate among blacks is more than twice that of whites.

That must be it. Couldn't possibly be four hundred years of entrenched slavery, racism, Jim Crow, segregation and the mechanization of agriculture in the South after WWII. Naah.

Hey, I left a link to some demographics. Maybe you can find Fox Noise in there.
Dumbass....

SNAPCharts1_1.png
So then if you do the math, blacks are roughly 3.5 times as likely to be getting food stamps. Blacks 12.5% of US population, make up 25.7% of all on welfare. Whites, 72% of US population are 40.2% of the US population

SNAPCharts1_1.png

That must be it. Couldn't possibly be four hundred years of entrenched slavery, racism, Jim Crow, segregation and the mechanization of agriculture in the South after WWII. Naah.

Dumbass....
Slavery was abolished 150 years ago, dumbass, and Jim Crow and segregation (created by the Democratic Party) has been gone for 75 years. Must be a conspiracy, eh Mr. Grassy Knoll?

And as far as money spent on food stamps...which is what the complaint usually is...how much OF OUR TAX MONEY is spent on food stamps, the MAJORITY of it is spent on white people on food stamps, CORRECT????

and yes, percentages do matter in most all analyzing...but in this case, the issue is the amount of money spent on food stamps, and the MOST AMOUNT of our money is spent on poor white people receiving food stamps. (IF the 12% of unkown race is added to the white figure as I am presuming)

Last edited:

SNAPCharts1_1.png
So then if you do the math, blacks are roughly 3.5 times as likely to be getting food stamps. Blacks 12.5% of US population, make up 25.7% of all on welfare. Whites, 72% of US population are 40.2% of the US population

And as I just posted -- those are percentages of the general population -- not the poverty population. I'm not sure on what planet there is no poverty color line.

And as far as money spent on food stamps...which is what the complaint usually is...how much OF OUR TAX MONEY is spent on food stamps, the MAJORITY of it is spent on white people on food stamps, CORRECT????

and yes, percentages do matter in most all analyzing...but in this case, the issue is the amount of money spent on food stamps, and the MOST AMOUNT of our money is spent on poor white people receiving food stamps.
Nice try, but since it's mostly whites who finance the food stamp system they are taking a lot less than they're paying for, and blacks are taking a lot more than they're paying for.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Dumbass....
Slavery was abolished 150 years ago, dumbass, and Jim Crow and segregation (created by the Democratic Party) has been gone for 75 years. Must be a conspiracy, eh Mr. Grassy Knoll?

Must be, Nielsens-are-racism boy.

Oh golly gee I forgot, once the slaves were freed they just immediately all went to work at Texaco the next morning and everybody lived happily ever after. How silly of me to forget that.

Dumbass...

and yes, percentages do matter in most all analyzing...but in this case, the issue is the amount of money spent on food stamps, and the MOST AMOUNT of our money is spent on poor white people receiving food stamps.
Nice try, but since it's mostly whites who finance the food stamp system they are taking a lot less than they're paying for, and blacks are taking a lot more than they're paying for.
So if every one on food stamps was white, would you still be complaining about how much we spend on it?

Dumbass....

Oh golly gee I forgot, once the slaves were freed they just immediately all went to work at Texaco the next morning and everybody lived happily ever after. How silly of me to forget that.

Dumbass...
No, but they've already had 150 years to find a job. How much longer do you think it's gonna be? The taxpayers are getting tired of carrying your lazy asses.

Dumbass....

Dumbass...
No, but they've already had 150 years to find a job. How much longer do you think it's gonna be? The taxpayers are getting tired of carrying your lazy asses.

Oh golly gee, I forgot again -- all it takes to get a job is to pick up the phone and ask for it. There's no way it ever involves making a deal with another guy who has to actually hire you. What was I thinking.

Ya really gotta wonder what kind of fucked up sheltered life some wags are leading...

So if every one on food stamps was white, would you still be complaining about how much we spend on it?
Yes, and I would be embarrassed by my own race, but that's not the case, is it?

Dumbass....

Dumbass...

Oh golly gee, I forgot again -- all it takes to get a job is to pick up the phone and ask for it. There's no way it ever involves making a deal with another guy who has to actually hire you. What was I thinking.
Yeah, what were you thinking? 75 years of preferential treatment, affirmative action, quotas, and half of them still don't work??? Duh! Maybe your liberal policies only encourage them to be lazy. Ever think of that, dickwad?

Dumbass....

Dumbass...

Yeah, what were you thinking? 75 years of preferential treatment, affirmative action, quotas, and half of them still don't work??? Duh! Maybe your liberal policies only encourage them to be lazy. Ever think of that, dickwad?

1969 was 75 years ago? What else did I sleep through? :rofl:

Not a mathematician I guess.

75 (real) years ago you couldn't even walk in the front door if you were black. You had separate water fountains and separate restrooms. I've seen these in my own lifetime -- they were usually marked "colored".

As I said, and as you stripped out of the quote, ya gotta wonder what kind of fucked up sheltered life some losers are loping through...

Forum List

Back