Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

Slavery was abolished 150 years ago, dumbass, and Jim Crow and segregation (created by the Democratic Party) has been gone for 75 years. Must be a conspiracy, eh Mr. Grassy Knoll?

Must be, Nielsens-are-racism boy.

Oh golly gee I forgot, once the slaves were freed they just immediately all went to work at Texaco the next morning and everybody lived happily ever after. How silly of me to forget that.

Dumbass...
No, but they've already had 150 years to find a job. How much longer do you think it's gonna be? The taxpayers are getting tired of carrying your lazy asses.

Oh golly gee, I forgot again -- all it takes to get a job is to pick up the phone and ask for it. There's no way it ever involves making a deal with another guy who has to actually hire you. What was I thinking.
Yeah, what were you thinking? 75 years of preferential treatment, affirmative action, quotas, and half of them still don't work??? Duh! Maybe your liberal policies only encourage them to be lazy. Ever think of that, dickwad?

1969 was 75 years ago? What else did I sleep through? :rofl:

Not a mathematician I guess.

75 (real) years ago you couldn't even walk in the front door if you were black. You had separate water fountains and separate restrooms. I've seen these in my own lifetime -- they were usually marked "colored".

As I said, and as you stripped out of the quote, ya gotta wonder what kind of fucked up sheltered life some losers are loping through...
You must have been sleeping because those numbers are right. In the early 70's we had forced busing in public schools. Doesn't sound like blacks couldn't walk through the front door, does it? You are truly an idiot.

Oh golly gee I forgot, once the slaves were freed they just immediately all went to work at Texaco the next morning and everybody lived happily ever after. How silly of me to forget that.

Dumbass...
No, but they've already had 150 years to find a job. How much longer do you think it's gonna be? The taxpayers are getting tired of carrying your lazy asses.

Oh golly gee, I forgot again -- all it takes to get a job is to pick up the phone and ask for it. There's no way it ever involves making a deal with another guy who has to actually hire you. What was I thinking.
Yeah, what were you thinking? 75 years of preferential treatment, affirmative action, quotas, and half of them still don't work??? Duh! Maybe your liberal policies only encourage them to be lazy. Ever think of that, dickwad?

75 (real) years ago you couldn't even walk in the front door if you were black. You had separate water fountains and separate restrooms. I've seen these in my own lifetime -- they were usually marked "colored".

As I said, and as you stripped out of the quote, ya gotta wonder what kind of fucked up sheltered life some losers are loping through...
You must have been sleeping because those numbers are right. In the early 70's we had forced busing in public schools. Doesn't sound like blacks couldn't walk through the front door, does it? You are truly an idiot.

1969 is 46 years ago, shit-für-brains.

What in the wide world of fuck does school busing have to do with the poverty rate?
duuuuuhhh...

What in the wide world of fuck does school busing have to do with the poverty rate?
duuuuuhhh...
I didn't say it wasn't, dipshit. You're the one who brought up 1969.

duuuuuhhh...

And you're the one who brought up Affirmative Action. Which actually will be 75 years old in 2044.
In other words we have to sit here and wait 29 years for you to be right.

Whatta you suppose Fox Noise demographics will say by then?

duuuuuhhh...

And you're the one who brought up Affirmative Action. Which actually will be 75 years old in 2044.

A.A. wasn't the only thing I brought up but that's how you liberals argue, focus in on one thing and ignore the entire comment. Doesn't work any more. BTW, Democrats are the only ones who lynched, passed Jim Crow laws, created the KKK, and are responsible for every discriminatory act against blacks in this country. The rest of us (Republicans and libertarians) went out of our way to elevate blacks, give them opportunities (voluntarily), and accept them as equals. We've been helping blacks become productive citizens since the Civil War. Liberals have been fighting against it. You're stuck on 1969 because that's when you libs decided to buy their votes and keep them on the plantation with welfare checks and legislation that encourages dependency (AA). You really are a fucking moron.

duuuuuhhh...

A.A. wasn't the only thing I brought up but that's how you liberals argue, focus in on one thing and ignore the entire comment. Doesn't work any more. BTW, Democrats are the only ones who lynched, passed Jim Crow laws, created the KKK, and are responsible for every discriminatory act against blacks in this country. The rest of us (Republicans and libertarians) went out of our way to elevate blacks, give them opportunities (voluntarily), and accept them as equals. We've been helping blacks become productive citizens since the Civil War. Liberals have been fighting against it. You're stuck on 1969 because that's when you libs decided to buy their votes and keep them on the plantation with welfare checks and legislation that encourages dependency (AA). You really are a fucking moron.

:dig:

You brought up AA and "75 years", and you got busted. That's one.

The thread is about food stamps-- two or three posters used apples-and-oranges demographics (demographics! Dat's wacist!) to make a specious argument about what the numbers mean. You're the only one who remained to dig deeper once apples-and-oranges was pointed out. That's two.

Political parties aren't part of the topic, however lynching was never a political exercise, which we already did in that lynching thread I did recently. You're trying to re-fight that lost battle too, just like the KKK tried to re-fight the Civil War. That's three.

Which, speaking of the KKK, was founded by Confederate soldiers, not politicians, another myth I put to rest and you're trying to dig out of its grave. That's four.

1969 is marked as the first Affirmative Action experiment, the Philadelphia Order, under Richard Nixon. 46 years ago. Not 75. That's simple subtraction: 2015 minus 1969 equals 46.

Duhhhh....

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png
does race really matter when it comes to human beings living in poverty?

it seems to me it only matters if one wishes to push blame for societies ills off on a race other than ones own and in so doing, divorce ones self from the necessity of finding a solution.

honestly, i don't believe for one second that anyone wants to be enslaved to poverty, and that's pretty much where folks on food stamps are living. so regardless of race, the question needs to be how do we help people rise out of poverty.
(
i'm a firm believer that education is the key to unlock that prison door, so how do we reach the innocent kids who through no fault of their own were born into poverty?

kids are born with an enormous capacity for learning and an aptitude that is very rarely exhausted, particularly when born into a toxic environment. so the question that must be answered is how can we reach these kids and help them to see and pursue achieving their vast potential in life as opposed to fallin prey to the perils of a toxic environment (i.e. poverty, drug addiction, gang banging, criminal behavior, etc).

we've got to find a way to reach these kids so that they don't get trapped.

duuuuuhhh...

You brought up AA and "75 years", and you got busted. That's one.

The thread is about food stamps-- two or three posters used apples-and-oranges demographics (demographics! Dat's wacist!) to make a specious argument about what the numbers mean. You're the only one who remained to dig deeper once apples-and-oranges was pointed out. That's two.

Political parties aren't part of the topic, however lynching was never a political exercise, which we already did in that lynching thread I did recently. You're trying to re-fight that lost battle too, just like the KKK tried to re-fight the Civil War. That's three.

Which, speaking of the KKK, was founded by Confederate soldiers, not politicians, another myth I put to rest and you're trying to dig out of its grave. That's four.

1969 is marked as the first Affirmative Action experiment, the Philadelphia Order, under Richard Nixon. 46 years ago. Not 75. That's simple subtraction: 2015 minus 1969 equals 46.

Duhhhh....
Nothing you said holds water. Screaming and shouting and using a lot of icons doesn't make your bullshit valid. My point was that blacks have had 150 years of freedom and they still can't stand on their own two feet despite the many decades of help from Republicans and libertarians. You choose to deflect by focusing on AA as if it were the only thing I mentioned. Typical liberal tactic when you can't argue with the truth. Blacks, as a percentage of the population, are the largest recipients of food stamps and pay the least in taxes to support the program. You can't face that fact.

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png
does race really matter when it comes to human beings living in poverty?

it seems to me it only matters if one wishes to push blame for societies ills off on a race other than ones own and in so doing, divorce ones self from the necessity of finding a solution.

honestly, i don't believe for one second that anyone wants to be enslaved to poverty, and that's pretty much where folks on food stamps are living. so regardless of race, the question needs to be how do we help people rise out of poverty.
(
i'm a firm believer that education is the key to unlock that prison door, so how do we reach the innocent kids who through no fault of their own were born into poverty?

kids are born with an enormous capacity for learning and an aptitude that is very rarely exhausted, particularly when born into a toxic environment. so the question that must be answered is how can we reach these kids and help them to see and pursue achieving their vast potential in life as opposed to fallin prey to the perils of a toxic environment (i.e. poverty, drug addiction, gang banging, criminal behavior, etc).

we've got to find a way to reach these kids so that they don't get trapped.
Parents! The more the better. Children born into 2 parent families do better in school and are less likely to get involved in crime and drugs. Less likely to join gangs and less likely to get shot to death over them.

Children starting school come pre formed in many ways. Teaching them to abide by rules and to act in a socially acceptable way can only be reinforced in school. It must be taught at home and they must be taught early that there is a down side to not obeying the rules.

No, not every kid should attend college. Some don't have the ability and some don't have the desire to learn Greek or calculus.
Some are better suited for the arts. My oldest is making mid 6 figures without a HS diploma. Some are better suited to be plumbers. I've made at times as much twisting pipe as I have designing scientific instruments.
Some are suited to0 higher mathematics, Chemistry or Medicine, but we waste time and resources educating future burger flippers, baby mommas and drug dealers in our colleges for 2 or 3 years and complain that tests are unfair when they get lost and drop out.

That must be it. Couldn't possibly be four hundred years of entrenched slavery, racism, Jim Crow, segregation and the mechanization of agriculture in the South after WWII. Naah.

Hey, I left a link to some demographics. Maybe you can find Fox Noise in there.
Dumbass....
Slavery was abolished 150 years ago, dumbass, and Jim Crow and segregation (created by the Democratic Party) has been gone for 75 years. Must be a conspiracy, eh Mr. Grassy Knoll?

Dumbass...

libs have made it worse for blacks, not better (the plan maybe?)

Dumbass...

libs have made it worse for blacks, not better (the plan maybe?)
Definitely the plan.

people who dont have money get food stamps

perfectly able men and women

who prefer to watch TV...instead of working

get food stamps

Lord have mercy on the rest of us....

how can we not hate?

how can we not

None of the figures give us an accurate reading on how food stamps are used by race WITHOUT
KNOWING the races of the 12.8% that is unknown.

More than likely these 12% of the races UNKNOWN are white imo, because if they were a minority, they would claim being a minority for the other benefits of AA and other programs that would give them preference of sorts.

So if those additional 12% of people were added to "whites", then the percentage on blacks being on food stamps would go down and be more in line with their population,strike that/ or rather, I mean the percentage of whites on food stamps would go up.

Regardless if I am right or I am wrong on my presumption, we can not sit here and argue with each other about this, because we are missing some very important information...WHO ARE the 12% unknown race??? Where do they fall?

Yo, could it be 12% illegals?

"GTP"

In the past they used to shoot these parasites at dawn..

leeches, parasites ...

lets fumigate.....it's about time

SNAPCharts1_1.png

True, but African-Americans are only 12.5% of the population, yet they take up 25.7% of the SNAP usage.

They make up a disproportionately high amount of government assistance.

That said... I agree with you that race is irrelevant. (assuming that's your point).

The problem is SNAP itself. The problem is, people who are not working, shouldn't be living off of those who are, and their race is irrelevant.

We need to kick them all off SNAP. Not just one race or another.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

True, but African-Americans are only 12.5% of the population, yet they take up 25.7% of the SNAP usage.

Specious logic. It assumes poverty levels are the same for all races -- not at all. Actually the poverty rate among blacks is more than twice that of whites.
That's because most of them don't work, stupid.

That must be it. Couldn't possibly be four hundred years of entrenched slavery, racism, Jim Crow, segregation and the mechanization of agriculture in the South after WWII. Naah.

Dumbass....

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Specious logic. It assumes poverty levels are the same for all races -- not at all. Actually the poverty rate among blacks is more than twice that of whites.

Dumbass....

Jim Crow laws were(courtesy of CONSERVATIVE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS) officially in effect until 1965. You are off by about 25 years.

Carry on.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

That said... I agree with you that race is irrelevant. (assuming that's your point).

The problem is SNAP itself. The problem is, people who are not working, shouldn't be living off of those who are, and their race is irrelevant.

Dumbass....

Dumbass....

Jim Crow laws were(courtesy of CONSERVATIVE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS) officially in effect until 1965. You are off by about 25 years.

Carry on.

Yo, note the word Conservative?

"GTP"

Lol. Yes black citizens were just as "free" as any other citizen during the existence of Jim Crow. After all, slavery ended, 150 years ago, and with no education the newly emancipated slaves put down their bags of cotton, and walked off the plantations and straight into the workforce as "equal" citizens.

SMGDH.

Jim Crow Museum Origins of Jim Crow

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Dumbass....

Dumbass....

Carry on.

Yo, note the word Conservative?

"GTP"

The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights -- NYMag

Forum List

Back