Who is Responsible for the Government Shutdown?

14 days and no agreement has been made, leaving millions of people out of work - including Federal Employees and those who provide services to them.

Trump said he would own it.
And further he said, and proudly so because American National Security was that important, furthur he added that without a border you have no country! Now what part of that might ewe disagree with?

We don't need to waste money on a wall to have a border or national security.
Then why don’t we have it already?

“Who is Responsible for the Government Shutdown?”

Actually it’s McConnell as much as Trump.

House Democrats have passed a resolution to reopen the government – it’s the Republican Senate and Trump maintaining the shutdown, who are solely responsible for the shutdown.
Trump told the dumbasses he would never sign another CR without money for the wall. The democrats are saying shit on America and American lives, let’s send 54 Billion taxpayer dollars to foreign countries!

14 days and no agreement has been made, leaving millions of people out of work - including Federal Employees and those who provide services to them.

And further he said, and proudly so because American National Security was that important, furthur he added that without a border you have no country! Now what part of that might ewe disagree with?

Because neither party really intends to stop illegal immigration. Too much money generated from it you dunce.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
The money isn't the issue. The media knows it as well as democrats that 50b is chump change in government spending. Barry Hussein spent that much in his first two years with apology tours and the laughable "cash for clunkers" program. It's about the vindictive angry democrat party trying to prevent the President from following through with a campaign promise. With media cooperation the democrat party used to be able to blame shutdowns on republicans but it ain't so easy anymore and it seems that democrats might be the first to cave.

The blame game is going to get us NOWHERE. Try focusing on how to end it, instead. There is nothing wrong with some portions of the border sealed off with a fence. Give the man his 5B.

There is no game. Trump painted himself into a corner, and he is totally responsible for the government shutdown. An act which he alone perpetrated by arrogance and ego.

Blackmail paid, will only feed his ego and megalomania; everything he has done to get his way for the border has been based on his promise to his base, not on national security.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
The blame game is going to get us NOWHERE. Try focusing on how to end it, instead. There is nothing wrong with some portions of the border sealed off with a fence. Give the man his 5B.

Giving Drumpf 5B is like negotiating with a illiterate orange terrorist. :rolleyes:

House Democrats have passed a resolution to reopen the government – it’s the Republican Senate and Trump maintaining the shutdown, who are solely responsible for the shutdown.
Trump told the dumbasses he would never sign another CR without money for the wall. The democrats are saying shit on America and American lives, let’s send 54 Billion taxpayer dollars to foreign countries!
:boo_hoo14:

Trump shut it down. Nancy and her bitch Schumer are responsible! Fifty Four Billion in foreign aid and not one dime to secure American’s safety! Think about that! They are fine with American’s being murdered by illegal aliens! Now if the situation was reversed and illegal Americans were down in Mexico murdering Mexicans the dumbasses would tighten down the border. It should be very evident to Americans that democrats don’t give two shits about your lives!
That's not what Trump said. Trump told the world he wouldn't hold Chuck responsible. Get with the program and stop lying.
I, an American citizen hold Chuck responsible. Because he is.
You aren't making an argument. You are not saying anything.

You havent heard?

“And I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.
-Drumpf

"We're not doing a wall. No wall." and later "Not one dollar."
- Pelosi

Seems that ends any negotiation and possible compromise, eh?

Nope, it is an opening statement much like Trump had done, of course he's dumb enough that he alone ended up shutting down the Gov't.

We've had a country for almost five hundred years. Can someone explain to me what happened to the border? Oh, I get it now. Seeing that the Trump enablers are hiring illegals, it looks as if we no longer have borders. Got it. And since the beginning of our geo-political invasion of central and South America, that too makes it appear we don't have borders. Now I understand.

You havent heard?

“And I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.
-Drumpf

Wait, so now you believe him?

The reality is Trump is asking for $5 billion out of a $4 trillion budget, or 0.125 %. To put that in perspective- if your household budget was $100,000, 0.125% would be $125.

So Dems refusing the 0.125% increase has nothing to do with fiscal responsibility. There are 2 reasons I see. One, that don’t want Trump to win, and two, a considerable number of Libs want all the illegals welcomed with open arms.

Because neither party really intends to stop illegal immigration. Too much money generated from it you dunce.
Exactly! If we were that concerned over illegal immigration, we would have arrested the enablers. We aren't doing that. And, exactly what jobs are they stealing from us anyway? Oh, that's right, jobs we won't do. Makes me wonder what sort of jobs these Trump apologists have that they have to complain about the illegals?

We've had a country for almost five hundred years. Can someone explain to me what happened to the border? Oh, I get it now. Seeing that the Trump enablers are hiring illegals, it looks as if we no longer have borders. Got it. And since the beginning of our geo-political invasion of central and South America, that too makes it appear we don't have borders. Now I understand.

We have 20 million illegals here! Tell me again about our borders numbnutz!

You havent heard?

-Drumpf

Wait, so now you believe him?

The reality is Trump is asking for $5 billion out of a $4 trillion budget, or 0.125 %. To put that in perspective- if your household budget was $100,000, 0.125% would be $125.

So Dems refusing the 0.125% increase has nothing to do with fiscal responsibility. There are 2 reasons I see. One, that don’t want Trump to win, and two, a considerable number of Libs want all the illegals welcomed with open arms.
I never believe him. I just use his lies against him. :rolleyes:

I dont care how much he is asking for in regards to the fence. It could be $20. If he wants the money then get it from Mexico.

You forgot the third and correct reason. They are going to force Drumpf to admit he lied or get the money from Mexico if he wants a wall that the american people are against.

How do you know how many illegals are here? Did someone poll them?

Lack of clear definition of what "The Wall" means, and political posturing on both sides has led to the PARTIAL government shutdown. What it really means is mostly upgrading existing fencing. Once you get a few miles from ports of entry, the border wall is a glorified cow fence.

Normally shutdowns are non-events, much bally-whoo about nothing. But as it drags on there will be many people financially hurt by a long delay in pay. After all this is budgetary chump change but Pelosi refuses to give Trump any semblance of a "victory".

That's her opening, Pelosi is a much better negotiator than Trump ever has been. As stated above, the wall was never really defined, and $5 Billion Dollars to build a wall is a waste of money.

The D's support border security, but the D's are pragmatic and understand Technology, air power and boots on the ground will be needed to defend Trump's ego-wall and the full 2,000 mile, + or - border from the Gulf of Mexico to San Diego County.

Trump is stupid & stubborn and that prevents him from making a deal to defend our border and get our public sector workers paid and those furloughed back to work.

Exactly! If we were that concerned over illegal immigration, we would have arrested the enablers. We aren't doing that.
As I have said many times numbnutz! Give the employers a fullproof way of identifying illegals and ewe May have a point. Right now ewe don’t.

Wouldn’t that be nice? Another thing the numbnutz Democrats blocked!

Lack of clear definition of what "The Wall" means, and political posturing on both sides has led to the PARTIAL government shutdown. What it really means is mostly upgrading existing fencing. Once you get a few miles from ports of entry, the border wall is a glorified cow fence.

Normally shutdowns are non-events, much bally-whoo about nothing. But as it drags on there will be many people financially hurt by a long delay in pay. After all this is budgetary chump change but Pelosi refuses to give Trump any semblance of a "victory".

That's her opening, Pelosi is a much better negotiator than Trump ever has been. As stated above, the wall was never really defined, and $5 Billion Dollars to build a wall is a waste of money.

The D's support border security, but the D's are pragmatic and understand Technology, air power and boots on the ground will be needed to defend Trump's ego-wall and the full 2,000 mile, + or - border from the Gulf of Mexico to San Diego County.

Trump is stupid & stubborn and that prevents him from making a deal to defend our border and get our public sector workers paid and those furloughed back to work.
Ego-wall? You mind if I use that one? :laughing0301:

Wouldn’t that be nice? Another thing the numbnutz Democrats blocked!
You avoided my question. Can you answer it?

Forum List

Back