Who Needs A Job? Having A Job Isn't Number One Goal For Our Kids These Days

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
adad73de48cb948b50033c6a11f2df82a11159ef3c7df3b2e3ee896fd6f873bb.jpg

Imagine an entire generation of kids that believe that living off of the government is better than working to build a family and a bright future through their employment.

It's strange that every single time Democrats get into deep, deep poop-poo they resort to; "Why are we talking about this when we should be talking about jobs??"

Is that really a valid question or a dodge? Democrats aren't interested in creating jobs. Not one bit. They never have been. They're only interested in creating dependency which creates votes.

If you make life miserable for workers they're going to hate their jobs. They're going to hate having to work harder, and harder, just to make ends meet. Raising the cost of living, raising the cost of food, water, electricity, raising the costs of everything, and then proposing to offset this by raising the minimum-wage, which in turn raises the costs of everything across the board. :banghead:

Try starting your own business and hiring employees. When you get done doing all of the paperwork the state, local, and federal government requires, you discover the chances of making a profit are decreasing by the day. Workman's compensation, insurance, taxes, all of this is piled on the small business owner to the point where you can't afford to be one in this country without government assistance, and you can't get that unless you're from another country or know somebody inside the bureaucracy. Government regulations raise your overhead and reduce what you can offer the consumer.

So the other option is do all of the work yourself, or work for someone else. Problem is, you can't earn enough pay to offset inflation. The costs of everything is skyrocketing. Insurance has doubled, even tripled since October of 2013 when the ACA went into effect. Obama claimed yesterday that rising insurance costs have decreased since the ACA went into effect. Is this another lie like if you like your doctor? You betcha. Obama said we would get a $2500 break, not less of an increase. So this is yet another lie.

So what is the answer? Dude, kick back and enjoy life.

Stop working. The last employment numbers show that over 800,000 people of working age dropped out of the workforce in the last quarter. What are they doing?

Applying for Social Security. Find a lawyer to get yourself declared physically or mentally unable to work and you can live off of the rest of us. Course you're just going to increase the debt and force the rest of us suckers to pay for our cell phones and our computers. Screw em. Who cares that I can't own a gun, I can still vote can't I?? I can still vote for more Democrats willing to promise me the world while our society crumbles. Not my problem. I can even go to school and learn how to paint or maybe even learn how to hate this country and learn to protest everything it stands for while I sit back on my fat ass and collect my check every month. Maybe I can move to Colorado and get some weed so I won't worry about how much I'm destroying my life.

Yeah, that sounds like fun Dude. Heck yeah. I want the stuff that's owed to me Dude. Screw everyone else. :hmpf:

Last edited:
College kids do not want jobs.....they want careers

A position from which they can support themselves, have healthcare, buy a house, raise a family.....even eventually retire

All our market is offering are jobs where you can draw a measly paycheck and get dumped the minute they don't need you

A position from which they can support themselves, have healthcare, buy a house, raise a family.....even eventually retire

All our market is offering are jobs where you can draw a measly paycheck and get dumped the minute they don't need you

Or somebody raises costs to the point they have to fire you.

I think you forgot to add it's Bush's fault.
Or...It's Reagans fault....but more importantly...

It's not Obama's fault...

Nothing ever is!

If I was 15 again, I'd be retired by age 18, without a doubt. Youth truly is wasted on the young. :) never said it would be done legally, but it would be done without any legal RISK.

Seems kids spend a lot of their youth being kids. How many really give thought to jobs until they are ready to prepare or enter the job market? Oh they talk of this and that but how many prepare, really prepare?Until high school, college or actually entering the job market it's a lot of doctor, lawyer, indian chief talk for most. And still wondering, I wonder how many of us prepared in high school for the job we're doing now?

I think you forgot to add it's Bush's fault.
Or...It's Reagans fault....but more importantly...

It's not Obama's fault...

Nothing ever is!

It is today's market and ambitious young graduates are being screwed

How bout we offer you a nice internship? No pay of course. If you work hard we may offer you a job in a year

And they keep immigration high so that they will have plenty of people to fill that low paying job when they fire you or you quit.

And they keep immigration high so that they will have plenty of people to fill that low paying job when they fire you or you quit.

It's not that but that Computer Programing job that your kid thought would be a lucrative career gets farmed out to India for $10,000 a year

Last edited:

It's not that but that Computer Programing job that you kid thought would be a lucrative career gets farmed out to India for $10,000 a year

It's both. Outsourcing and Insourcing.

compared to what they faced in the Depression era, today's "problems" are JOKES.

Forum List

Back