🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who Ran Up The Debt?

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
..................................................................................................................

debt2.jpg

slowest-spending-in-decades.png

Here we go again

another it's everyone else's fault but that Dear wonderful Leader Obama

do they EVER run out of making these up? Freaking Reagan has been dead for over 20 gawddam years and they are STILL DANCING on his grave

Lets go pee all over Teddy Kennedy, Bobbie the KKK member Byrd and I'm sure we can find a few more

these posting aren't from just a tool. They are a SLAVE to a party. how sad is that?

Reagan's prosperity was borrowed. He was, in many ways, a Keynesian.

Bush's prosperity was both borrowed and the result of horrific regulation.

They preferred to borrow and spend; while taxes ain't fun, taxing & spending is a far better alternative in the long run.

Wow, uh, somebody at the Treasury Department is playing fast and loose with the facts. Here are the facts:

* Bush increased the national debt by $5.85 trillion in 8 years.

* Obama has already increased the national debt by $6.1 trillion in 6 years and 10 months.

I think $6.1 trillion in 6.5 years is more than $5.85 trillion in 8 years. Perhaps you have some new Common Core math that says otherwise, but according to my math textbooks, 6.1 is more than 5.85, and 6 years and 10 months is less than 8 years.

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Had it not been for the Budget Control Act of 2011, Obama would have added even more debt. And I might add that Obama, the Democrats, with the help of a minority of the Republicans in Congress, just wiped out the constraints of the 2011 budget act and are going to add over $700 billion to the national debt over the next two years, if not more.

Last edited:
Here we go again

do they EVER run out of making these up? Freaking Reagan has been dead for over 20 gawddam years and they are STILL DANCING on his grave

Lets go pee all over Teddy Kennedy, Bobbie the KKK member Byrd and I'm sure we can find a few more

these posting aren't from just a tool. They are a SLAVE to a party. how sad is that?

gee, brilliant rebuttal.

Here we go again

gee, brilliant rebuttal.

Try this one:

Here are the facts:

* Obama has already increased the national debt by $6.1 trillion in 6 years and 10 months.

I think $6.1 trillion in 6.5 years is more than $5.85 trillion in 8 years. Perhaps you have some new Common Core math that says otherwise, but according to my math textbooks, 6.1 is more than 5.85, and 6 years and 10 months is less than 8 years.

Had it not been for the Budget Control Act of 2011, Obama would have added even more debt. And I might add that Obama, the Democrats, with the help of a minority of the Republicans in Congress, just wiped out the constraints of the 2011 budget act and are going to add over $700 billion to the national debt over the next two years, if not more.

anyone look at the bottom of the first poster?
it say it came from: office of the Democrat leader 5/19/11

the source: the Treasury dept.

If that's not some dishonest BS I don't what else it would be called. 2011

and the other is from 2009

Here we go again

gee, brilliant rebuttal.

Try this one:

Here are the facts:

So the deficit reset to ZERO on January 20th 2009?

Granny says, "Dat's right - Obama gonna leave us all inna poor house...

Debt Under Obama Up $8,000,000,000,000
November 25, 2015 | The debt of the federal government has now increased by more than $8,000,000,000,000 during the time President Barack Obama has been in office, according to the official debt numbers published by the U.S. Treasury.
The total federal debt, which was $18,722,746,583,118.03 at the close of business on Monday, now equals about $159,007 per household. It has increased approximately $68,756 per household during Obama’s presidency. On Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, the total debt of the federal government was $10,626,877,048,913.08. On Nov. 23, 2015, it was $18,722,746,583,118.03 Thus, so far in Obama’s presidency, the federal debt has increased $8,095,869,534,204.95.

As of September, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, there were 117,748,000 households in the United States. The $18,722,746,583,118.03 in federal debt equals $159,006.91 for each one of those households. The $8,095,869,534,204.95 that the debt has increased under Obama equals about 68,755.90 for each one of those households. As CNSNews.com reported last month, the portion of the federal government’s debt that is held by the public—as opposed to the portion that is borrowed out of government trust funds such as the Social Security and Medicare trust funds—has more than doubled during President Barack Obama’s time in office.

debt_under_obama_and_bush-chart.jpg

When Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the $10,626,877,048,913.08 in federal debt consisted of $6,307,310,739,681.66 in debt held by the public and $4,319,566,309,231.42 in intragovernmental debt. The $18,722,746,583,118.03 in total federal debt at the close of business Monday consisted of $13,487,562,419,580.15 in debt held by the public and $5,233,308,167,077.60 in intragovernmental debt. So far under Obama, the debt held by the public has increased by $7,180,251,679,898.49—or 113.8 percent.

When President George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the total federal debt was $5,727,776,738,304.64. During his eight years as president it increased $4,899,100,310,608.44 to $10,626,877,048,913.08 It took the United States, which declared independence in 1776, 229 years to accumulate its first $8,000,000,000,000 in federal debt—with the debt first surpassing that level in October 2005.

MORE

Here we go again

gee, brilliant rebuttal.

Try this one:

Here are the facts:

"Here are the facts:"

The facts are...
Relative to GDP, on average:

When Republicans control both the legislative an executive branches, debt increases 1.26% per year

When the legislative and executive branches are divided the debt increases 1.65% per year.

But-----but...

When Democrats control both the legislative and executive branches, the national debt drops 0.34% per year

Conclusion:
The most effective way to reduce the national debt is stop voting Republicans into office.

Change in Debt as a Percentage of GDP by the Party Controlling the Federal Government

Description: This graph shows the change in the national debt as a percentage of GDP for years in which the Republicans have controlled both houses of the legislature and the executive branch, years in which the parties have split control, and years in which the Democrats have controlled all three since 1961. Each dot represents one year and the X marks and numbers are the averages for each group.

Discussion: On average, the debt has dropped 0.34% relative to gross domestic product during each year when the Democrats have controlled both the legislative and executive branch, it has increased by 1.26% when the Republicans have controlled both, and it has increased by 1.65% when control has been divided.

We should be somewhat cautious about relying too heavily on the "All Republican" number as there have only been six years since 1961 when the Republicans had control of both the legislature and the executive branch, but it is worth noting that the federal debt has never gone down relative to GDP during an all Republican year.

You can see the results by president here.

See more graphs about: Debt GDP

450x375x103.gif.pagespeed.ic.mOZjOHj3jq.png

Who cares? Seriously, why worry about blame? Because blaming people isn't going to fix the problem. Instead, why don't you get off your ass and fix the problem?

And anyone pretending that both parties don't have a hand it it is a lying piece of trash that no one should take seriously.

Come up with a solution

Here we go again

gee, brilliant rebuttal.

Try this one:

Here are the facts:

So both parties have increased the debt, no shit. How about Republicans become responsible and help reduce it by modestly increasing taxes and modestly reducing spending. You know, the obvious best way to reduce the debt. Stop with the childish only cuts and only cuts you approve of. Make a deal with the Democrats and move on from the stupid tea tard idiocy.

Cherry Picked percentage data from the Left Again..................

Obama has increased the debt more than all the other Presidents combined....................In actual dollar amounts..................then cuts the SURGE IN SPENDING and calls it a SAVINGS...........

He missed his calling as a used Car Salesman...................Unless he opts to Sell Vacuum Cleaners...............because he's created Vacuums all over the globe with his policies..........

So......should he be a Used Car Salesman or a Vacuum Cleaner Salesman...........................

Forum List

Back