Who Should Have The Right To Vote?

What is wrong with welfare? What is wrong with unemployment insurance? What is wrong with requiring a minimum wage?

I understand that there was a good deal of fraud with welfare before it was reformed during the Clinton Administration. Now that AFDC has been replaced by TANF much of that has been eliminated. If the reader does not know which changes occurred do an Internet search and learn something about welfare today before posting.

Those of us who have traveled outside of our borders have been to countries where there is great poverty and even greater wealth. I humbly suggest that the Callous Conservatives seek a new nation where they can live and none of their money is taken to feed, shelter and provide healthcare for the poor.

It isn't bankrupt until the Federal government can no longer sell US Treasuries, which is a back door method of the government borrowing money. If that day comes, you and I will have a helluva lot more to worry about than Social Security.

Sorry, but that's not how the courts define bankruptcy in the case of a private business. The minute it reneges on its financial obligations, it's bankrupt. SS has already done that multiple times.

They aren't bankrupt YET! I already posted this once, but here it is again.

"According to the Social Security Trustees, who oversee the program and report on its financial condition, program costs are expected to exceed non-interest income from 2011 onward. However, due to interest (earned at a 4.4% rate in 2011) the program will run an overall surplus that adds to the fund through the end of 2021.
Under current law, the securities in the fund represent a legal obligation the government must honor when program revenues are no longer sufficient to fully fund benefit payments. However, when the trust fund is used to cover program deficits in a given year, the Trust Fund balance is reduced. By 2033, the fund is expected to be exhausted. Thereafter, payroll taxes are projected to only cover approximately 75% of program obligations."

And again a question you didn't answer. How is loaning yourself money an asset? If you spent $100 and pay yourself back with interest, what does that even mean? Social Security goes into the general fund, payments come out of the general fund. They don't even separate it. When your pay goes into your checking, you pay your bills from your checking, how can you be saving the money you spent to pay your bills? And again, how is paying yourself back with "interest" from your checking to your checking meaningful to anyone but the most gullible sap? There are people who don't realize that. You do, it keeps getting explained to you. And it's not sticking.

Again, how is paying your bills from your checking account and paying yourself back from your checking to your checking with interest an asset? Explain please.

Why don't you merely quit paying SS and Medicare taxes? I didn't invent this system and don't really care. I do not need SS or Medicare, but do not begrudge it to those that do. I would have to be an asshole like you to do that.

It takes a special kind of stupid to ask someone why they don't stop paying taxes.

It takes a special kind of stupid to say that collecting the benefits of the insurance you paid for is welfare.

Looks as if this thread has been kidnapped by the echo chamber.

Real Americans believe in one vote for every citizen and the majority wins.

That's what the mob of leeches believes in.

Man, you are one miserable little twerp.

ROFL! Why, because I understand democracy?

No, you Gawd damn sure don't.

Yes I do. That makes you pout because I'm not a gullible brainwashed drone like you. Like all drones, your understanding of democracy is pure fantasy.

Sorry, but that's not how the courts define bankruptcy in the case of a private business. The minute it reneges on its financial obligations, it's bankrupt. SS has already done that multiple times.

"According to the Social Security Trustees, who oversee the program and report on its financial condition, program costs are expected to exceed non-interest income from 2011 onward. However, due to interest (earned at a 4.4% rate in 2011) the program will run an overall surplus that adds to the fund through the end of 2021.
Under current law, the securities in the fund represent a legal obligation the government must honor when program revenues are no longer sufficient to fully fund benefit payments. However, when the trust fund is used to cover program deficits in a given year, the Trust Fund balance is reduced. By 2033, the fund is expected to be exhausted. Thereafter, payroll taxes are projected to only cover approximately 75% of program obligations."

And again a question you didn't answer. How is loaning yourself money an asset? If you spent $100 and pay yourself back with interest, what does that even mean? Social Security goes into the general fund, payments come out of the general fund. They don't even separate it. When your pay goes into your checking, you pay your bills from your checking, how can you be saving the money you spent to pay your bills? And again, how is paying yourself back with "interest" from your checking to your checking meaningful to anyone but the most gullible sap? There are people who don't realize that. You do, it keeps getting explained to you. And it's not sticking.

Again, how is paying your bills from your checking account and paying yourself back from your checking to your checking with interest an asset? Explain please.

Why don't you merely quit paying SS and Medicare taxes? I didn't invent this system and don't really care. I do not need SS or Medicare, but do not begrudge it to those that do. I would have to be an asshole like you to do that.

It takes a special kind of stupid to ask someone why they don't stop paying taxes.

It takes a special kind of stupid to say that collecting the benefits of the insurance you paid for is welfare.

It's not insurance, and the FICA taxes you paid when to current beneficiaries. It has already been spent.

Looks as if this thread has been kidnapped by the echo chamber.

Real Americans believe in one vote for every citizen and the majority wins.

Yes I do. That makes you pout because I'm not a gullible brainwashed drone like you. Like all drones, your understanding of democracy is pure fantasy.

You think taking away the American vote from law abiding citizens equals democracy? You are a boob.

You think taking away the American vote from law abiding citizens equals democracy? You are a boob.

No I don't. What makes you think I give a damn about democracy?

Only according to the Mafioso definition of "solvent." According to the legal definition, SS went bankrupt a long time ago.

It isn't bankrupt until the Federal government can no longer sell US Treasuries, which is a back door method of the government borrowing money. If that day comes, you and I will have a helluva lot more to worry about than Social Security.

It amazes me how many drones don't understand this obvious fact.

I amazes me how many drones mistake absurd questions and comparing their checking account to the federal treasury as an obvious fact.

Nothing that I didn't already know. Mutual of Omaha got the money to invest from voluntary policy holders who GAVE them the money to invest.

The bottom line is as long as the Federal government can require wage earners to pay SS taxes and can borrow money on the full faith and credit of the US economy, Social Security will be solvent.

Only according to the Mafioso definition of "solvent." According to the legal definition, SS went bankrupt a long time ago.

I asked you this before. It operates exactly like food stamps. There are no assets. Just because government can tax enough to fund it, how does that make it not a welfare program? Explain how food stamps is not a welfare program since it works exactly the same way.
Nothing that I didn't already know. Mutual of Omaha got the money to invest from voluntary policy holders who GAVE them the money to invest.

The bottom line is as long as the Federal government can require wage earners to pay SS taxes and can borrow money on the full faith and credit of the US economy, Social Security will be solvent.

I asked you this before. It operates exactly like food stamps. There are no assets. Just because government can tax enough to fund it, how does that make it not a welfare program? Explain how food stamps is not a welfare program since it works exactly the same way.

Everything the government pays for comes from taxes or money borrowed based on the full faith and credit of the US. EVERYTHING!

Your point? "The full faith and credit" of the federal government is worth about as much as a promise Obama makes.

I will remember that the next time the Republicans shut down the government and the Democrats play that card.

It amazes me how many drones don't understand this obvious fact.

I amazes me how many drones mistake absurd questions and comparing their checking account to the federal treasury as an obvious fact.

Whether you compare it or not, the bottom line is that the so-called "Trust Fund" contains nothing fungible. It's utterly worthless.

OMG, you're stupid.

Everything the government pays for comes from taxes or money borrowed based on the full faith and credit of the US. EVERYTHING!

Your point? "The full faith and credit" of the federal government is worth about as much as a promise Obama makes.

I will remember that the next time the Republicans shut down the government and the Democrats play that card.

What would that prove?

OMG, you're stupid.

Democracy is the biggest con ever perpetrated on the gullible.

And still no answer to the question

I will spell it out for you very s l o w l y. By your definition, any program the government funds that is done with either taxes collected or borrowed money from selling US Treasury bonds is welfare. If that is your preference, knock yourself out. That includes food stamps, SS, Medicare, US Army et al.

If that program involves writing checks to people who have done nothing in exchange for them, then it's welfare.

Agreed, and all of those that paid Social Security and Medicare taxes are not on welfare.

And still no answer to the question

I will spell it out for you very s l o w l y. By your definition, any program the government funds that is done with either taxes collected or borrowed money from selling US Treasury bonds is welfare. If that is your preference, knock yourself out. That includes food stamps, SS, Medicare, US Army et al.

If that program involves writing checks to people who have done nothing in exchange for them, then it's welfare.

Agreed, and all of those that paid Social Security and Medicare taxes are not on welfare.

Yes they are. The checks they are receiving is not their money. They didn't do a thing to earn it.

Forum List

Back