Who speaks for the republican party"

There is so much going on behind closed doors over at the GOP it is hard to know who is running the place. Who does speak for the Republican Party in summer 2009?

gop_rgb_rkqw.jpg

It's not just here in the US that this vacuum is glaringly apparent...

Matthew Norman: The insanity and enduring racism of the American right
The Republicans now make the Tories at their worst seem achingly inclusive

The Independent, Thursday, 30 July 2009

Who leads them at the minute is a mystery. Some think it's Sarah Palin, others the deliriously repugnant Rush Limbaugh, who inevitably joins the other oracles of US radio and TV in keeping the birther debate bubbling. What leadership there is, so it seems to this ignorant observer across the ocean, comes from the grass roots ... the sort of God fearin', gun-totin', sister-shaggin' sweethearts who screeched "terrorist" and "kill him" when John McCain mentioned Obama on the stump. Unable to compute that America elected a black man, they have decided that he isn't their President at all. No longer can they use the "n" word or fantasise publicly about lynch mobs. But they can divert their rage into a bogus legalistic dispute, rejected time and again by the Supreme Court, as freely as they like.

Matthew Norman: The insanity and enduring racism of the American right - Matthew Norman, Commentators - The Independent

There is so much going on behind closed doors over at the GOP it is hard to know who is running the place. Who does speak for the Republican Party in summer 2009?

gop_rgb_rkqw.jpg

Who leads them at the minute is a mystery. Some think it's Sarah Palin, others the deliriously repugnant Rush Limbaugh, who inevitably joins the other oracles of US radio and TV in keeping the birther debate bubbling. What leadership there is, so it seems to this ignorant observer across the ocean, comes from the grass roots ... the sort of God fearin', gun-totin', sister-shaggin' sweethearts who screeched "terrorist" and "kill him" when John McCain mentioned Obama on the stump. Unable to compute that America elected a black man, they have decided that he isn't their President at all. No longer can they use the "n" word or fantasise publicly about lynch mobs. But they can divert their rage into a bogus legalistic dispute, rejected time and again by the Supreme Court, as freely as they like.

Matthew Norman: The insanity and enduring racism of the American right - Matthew Norman, Commentators - The Independent

the prattle of the dead

gop_rgb_rkqw.jpg

the prattle of the dead

The response of the unresponsive.

Obviously people voted in who they thought was the best person for the job. Just so happens the majority of them were white. Would you rather put people with race, gender and/or ethnicity as the criteria?

Just consider the source, Republican, southerner, confederate flag as an avatar.......just another southern bigot. Is it my turn to take out the trash this week, or yours?

garbage%20can.jpg

You're the one that's being the bigot. You can't argue the point I made so you try to insult me and judge me based on an avatar. Hypocrite much?

That's all? Hmmm.... There are a total of 535 elected legislators.

Obviously people voted in who they thought was the best person for the job. Just so happens the majority of them were white. Would you rather put people with race, gender and/or ethnicity as the criteria?

No matter what the race, gender or religion of our Government over the past 8 years they did a horrible job. The best people were not elected for whatever reason.

You pointed out the majority of the elected officials over the past 8 years were white men.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have more diversity.

No, I never said the majority of elected officials were white men, just white.

Maybe diversity would have made things worse.

Just consider the source, Republican, southerner, confederate flag as an avatar.......just another southern bigot. Is it my turn to take out the trash this week, or yours?

garbage%20can.jpg

By the way, when you grow a pair come down to Bonney, Texas and try your hand at taking me out tough guy!

garbage%20can.jpg

You're the one that's being the bigot. You can't argue the point I made so you try to insult me and judge me based on an avatar. Hypocrite much?

Careful how you apply the word 'bigot'. If applied to anyone who fits the bolded criteria above, you're going to find more that half the board is 'bigoted'.

I have eyes and ears. The truth of this is all around us. Take your blinders off and remove the cotton.

DiveCon said:
there you go confusing an oped with facts

I have eyes and ears. The truth of this is all around us. Take your blinders off and remove the cotton.

DiveCon said:
there you go confusing an oped with facts
again, that is NOT a fact
it is an OPINION
you dont seem to know the difference

I've been itching to post an answer in this thread for 2 days now and I have figured it out.

NO ONE individual voice is speaking for the republicans right now. They are all saying and doing their own thing in my observations.​

I've been itching to post an answer in this thread for 2 days now and I have figured it out.

NO ONE individual voice is speaking for the republicans right now. They are all saying and doing their own thing in my observations.​

My take, the folks that ultimately vote Republican are speaking for them, everything else is noise. Same with the Democrats. Only the fools that think they 'speak' for the people, claim that power. It's a microvision of what is true for the country in general.

Seriously folks, when 'the people speak', they cannot be ignored.​

Forum List

Back