Who Was Really Born With A Silver Spoon In His Mouth?

The Obamas only paid off their student loans 8 years ago. That doesn't sound very "Silver Spoon"-like to me...

OK...

SO I guess 10 years from now, their children will be useless to the better of America..for THEY will be ones fed with a silver spoon.

I ifnd your jealousy quite humorous.

No...I'm sure they'll have the dignity of a job. Where did I ever say that money automatically made someone "useless"? I have said that Willard is VERY out of touch and I'm sure it is the obscene amount of money he has always had that helped make him so.

Did you feel that John Kennedy was out of touch?

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

OK...

SO I guess 10 years from now, their children will be useless to the better of America..for THEY will be ones fed with a silver spoon.

Nobody is saying Romney is useless because he was born with a silver spoon. The problem is when he tries to come off that he understands the struggles of working Americans and that he too, has struggled. His life experiences are different than most Americans and he needs to cut down on trying to pass as....I am one of you

I am a very healthy guy. Yet I completely understand the difficulties those whith physical and mental challanges experience.

I am a successful guy, yet I am quite aware of how difficult it must be to not know where ones next meal is coming from.

The fact that people continue to play on that is absurd.

One does not need to experience poverty to understand the strain on the fami8ly who is experiencing it.

Maybe you can pull off being authentic. Romney doesn't.

Romney isn't aware of how difficult it is to not know where your next meal is coming from. We KNOW that has NEVER been the case for he or his wife. I would be surprised if he's known many people that DO live paycheck to paycheck. ("I know NASCAR and NFL owners"[paraphrased])

It's not that Willard is a rich douche bag...it's that he comes off as a rich douche bag.

The Obamas only paid off their student loans 8 years ago. That doesn't sound very "Silver Spoon"-like to me...

OK...

Nobody is saying Romney is useless because he was born with a silver spoon. The problem is when he tries to come off that he understands the struggles of working Americans and that he too, has struggled. His life experiences are different than most Americans and he needs to cut down on trying to pass as....I am one of you

Obama no more represents the average American than Romney does. The only thing that makes people try to say that he does is simple hypocrisy. Obama, for all he might try to convince people, did NOT grow up poor or even middle class.

I am a very healthy guy. Yet I completely understand the difficulties those whith physical and mental challanges experience.

I am a successful guy, yet I am quite aware of how difficult it must be to not know where ones next meal is coming from.

The fact that people continue to play on that is absurd.

One does not need to experience poverty to understand the strain on the fami8ly who is experiencing it.

Maybe you can pull off being authentic. Romney doesn't.

Romney isn't aware of how difficult it is to not know where your next meal is coming from. We KNOW that has NEVER been the case for he or his wife. I would be surprised if he's known many people that DO live paycheck to paycheck. ("I know NASCAR and NFL owners"[paraphrased])

It's not that Willard is a rich douche bag...it's that he comes off as a rich douche bag.

if one looks for a negative in a person, one will easily find it...even if it doesnt exist.

But putting that basic logic aside...

Why does one have to know people living paycheck to paycheck to understand how difficult it is tolive poaycheck to paycheck?

John Kennedy never lived paycheck to paycheck. Neither did Ted kennedy.

I have news for you....it is not difficult to understand how difficult it is to not know where your next meal is coming from.....I have no doubt JFK understood it...and I have no doubt Romney understands it.

OK...

No...I'm sure they'll have the dignity of a job. Where did I ever say that money automatically made someone "useless"? I have said that Willard is VERY out of touch and I'm sure it is the obscene amount of money he has always had that helped make him so.

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

Apples to oranges. They can pull off authentic, Romney can't. They don't come off as awkward and out of touch. Romney does.

Oh...and of course there is the difference in policies. Romney's policies will benefit Romney and friends of Romney. Guess what? The unwashed masses with their 7-11 cookies, aren't friends of Romney.

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

Apples to oranges. They can pull off authentic, Romney can't. They don't come off as awkward and out of touch. Romney does.

Oh...and of course there is the difference in policies. Romney's policies will benefit Romney and friends of Romney. Guess what? The unwashed masses with their 7-11 cookies, aren't friends of Romney.

so what I get from your post is what I expected in thee nd with a debate with you...

Wealthy Democrats are genuine.
Wealthy Republicans are in it for the rich and dont care about the poor.

Let me explain something to you...I know...youve heard it.....but I will say it anyway...

It is no brainer that the poor need help. It is a no brainer that the wealthy have lots and the poor have little...and the wealthy can pay lots more to help the poor not struggle....THAT IS A NO BRAINER......Romney knows it, I kow it, Paul knows it...

And yes, we can trend to that ideology...and trhe rich will feel little affects and the poor will feel great affects...so a win win for all...

A NO BRAINER.

The reason the GOP takes rthe position they take is not becuase they do not see the logic in the liberal ideology. They do.

They take their position becuase they believe, as I do, that America would be better off in the long run sticking to the "non entitlement" ideology.

Sure...we can be like Europe. But we never wanted to be like Europe.

SO there is a party trying to prevent it.

Enough with the spin. TRY TO UNDERSTAND the conservative ideology. We are not evil animals....and we are not stupid.

We get it Seawytch...we get it.....we just dont think it is a good idea in the long run.

No, Mitt made his millions fucking over working folks, which is why I'll never vote for him.

I frankly wonder why so many "Christians" seem to think that obsessive greed is a virtue, when Jesus called it a sin and said rich folks were going to Hell.

Not a serious student of the Bible are you? Also, how many working folks have lost jobs since Dear Ruler took office? Guess you won't be voting for him either will you?

I'm a very serious student of the bible, but usually for the purposes of debunking it.... Sorry, man, you can't read the bible and think Jesus had a high opinion of rich people.

I also see a difference of happening to be in charge after the disaster happened (Almost all the job losses happened either before Obama got there or before his policies could take effect) and being someone who personally profited from the job losses, like Romney did with every company he looted.

I can't help the willfully ignorant. Sorry.

And they were millionaires. Why the hell did they take so long to repay the people's money? Damn freeloaders.

I'm a very serious student of the bible, but usually for the purposes of debunking it.... Sorry, man, you can't read the bible and think Jesus had a high opinion of rich people.

I also see a difference of happening to be in charge after the disaster happened (Almost all the job losses happened either before Obama got there or before his policies could take effect) and being someone who personally profited from the job losses, like Romney did with every company he looted.

Funny...you keep on saying what I highlighted, yet you did not respond to my post 161 in this thread when I corrected you...

So here it is again....

]

Still don't care.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Joe admits defeat.

OK...

So why do the liberals continue to think that a man who never lived in the continental US until he was 18 understands the life experience of most Americans? Is Obama "one of us". I think not.

OK...

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

JFK was in the Navy and worked closely with Sailors from a common background. Both Jack and Teddy seemed more at ease dealing with the people than Romney does

Romney seems stiff and uncomfortable in talking to the public. His attempts at humor are awkward and his cultural anecdotes seem to be thirty years old

I don't think the reason Mitt cannot relate to average people is because he is rich. It may have to do with his religious upbringing or a sheltered childhood. Even his sons seem more at ease than their father does

OK...

Obama no more represents the average American than Romney does. The only thing that makes people try to say that he does is simple hypocrisy. Obama, for all he might try to convince people, did NOT grow up poor or even middle class.

Obama is more at ease in talking in public than Romney is. Obama can talk sports, popular culture, make jokes on the fly

Romney seems stiff and rehearsed. His jokes are awkward and dated. He gets in trouble when he has ad hoc conversations with the voters

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

JFK was in the Navy and worked closely with Sailors from a common background. Both Jack and Teddy seemed more at ease dealing with the people than Romney does

Romney seems stiff and uncomfortable in talking to the public. His attempts at humor are awkward and his cultural anecdotes seem to be thirty years old

I don't think the reason Mitt cannot relate to average people is because he is rich. It may have to do with his religious upbringing or a sheltered childhood. Even his sons seem more at ease than their father does

If one wants to see a neagtive in a person, it is quite easy to find one...even if one does not exist.

Obama is more at ease in talking in public than Romney is. Obama can talk sports, popular culture, make jokes on the fly

Romney seems stiff and rehearsed. His jokes are awkward and dated. He gets in trouble when he has ad hoc conversations with the voters

That describes Obama to a tee in my eyes.

Interesting how that works....no?

And that is your qualifications for a President? Really? No wonder we have an assclown-in-chief. Instead of someone who knows his shit, you want someone who knows how to bullshit. We're doomed.

That describes Obama to a tee in my eyes.

Interesting how that works....no?

You are free to judge as you wish. If you think that Romney has charisma in dealing with the public, then that is your opinion.
I'm just pointing out what I see in Romneys public appearances. It doesn't mean he is incapable of being president.....just a weakness in his campaign style
Romney has only won one political campaign in his life. I suspect his "creepy Uncle Willard" persona is a contributing factor

OK...

AND he has stated REPEATEDLY that he intends to do serious damage to our safety nets. Undo everything that makes this place bearable for a significant portion of the American population. I can't go for that, no; no can do.

OK...

AND he has stated REPEATEDLY that he intends to do serious damage to our safety nets. Undo everything that makes this place bearable for a significant portion of the American population. I can't go for that, no; no can do.

So now "REFORMING WHAT BOTH PARTIES AGREE NEEDS REFORMING" = "serious damage"

Gotcha.

Ted Kennedy?

Nancy Pelosi?

You've been watching too much MSNBC.

[

I assume you agree that Jesus did not really say or mean all rich people

I think the bible is as real as Grimm's Fairy Tales, but Jesus was pretty explicite.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to the Kingdom of God."

Now maybe if you got a really big needle and a really small camel.

Right, he does not say they are going to hell or
ALL

There is nothing of exclusion in the statement that says they can't ...

Forum List

Back