Who Was Really Born With A Silver Spoon In His Mouth?

Mitt Romney entered the business world with nothing but a good work ethic and an excellent education. He is currently worth around $190 million. Obama made his money in politics just in the last 10 years. We don't know how much he's worth. His 2010 return said he made $2 million. His most recent says he only earned just over $700k. Obama made his money making promises and not coming through. Mitt made his millions by fixing companies. Obama never had a hard day of work in his life.

No, Mitt made his millions fucking over working folks, which is why I'll never vote for him.

I frankly wonder why so many "Christians" seem to think that obsessive greed is a virtue, when Jesus called it a sin and said rich folks were going to Hell.

I need to correct you on something. I believe you may have been one of those people that did not read up on what Bain Capital does (did), and, instead, believed what some commentators that are paid to defend the left and knock the right said.....

Bain Capital, under the leadership of Romney would interact with business brokers, bankers and Bankruptcy attorneys who would present to Bain Capital a variety of companies that were experiencing the negative affects of poor biusiness models and/or poor mamnangement. Those companies that were presented to Bain had solid infrastructures and therefore, despite a red bottom line, still offered the chance to be turned around or, at the very least, the chance to be broken down with the assets being sold off to minimize the losses to the lending institutions..and leaving something left over for Bain Capital.

Bain would only invest in companies where the alternative would be bankruptcy and/or closing its doors.

Bain would purchase the majority shares of these companies and institute whatever they felt it needed to prosper. A new business model, new management, etc.

Now...bear in mind....their actions saved the original business owner from losing everything....and temporarily saved the jobs of many of the existing employees.

Bain would then monitor the progress of the company to see if, in fact, they are able to turn it around.

Sometimes they did....saving all or most of the jobs, and in some cases, increasing the number employed dramatically.

Other times, the bleeding was too severe, so they had to shut it down and sell off the assets....something that would have happened before Bain came in anyway.

Thats pretty much what Bain did...and pretty much what Romney led.

Not that other crap you regurgitated.

[

I assume you agree that Jesus did not really say or mean all rich people

I think the bible is as real as Grimm's Fairy Tales, but Jesus was pretty explicite.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to the Kingdom of God."

Now maybe if you got a really big needle and a really small camel.

That is actually my favorite bible verse and you have no idea what it means. First the bible didnt say you need to be coerced by the government to pay for everything. What it mean was from your own heart (read PRIVATE charity, you know the kind you do because you want to, not because you have to) Also rich people are more "Liberal" on social issues and therefore more sinful, so dont try and have it both ways. That quote basically means rich people are usually doomed because they dont help from the heart and they partake in pleasures that they shouldnt. It's really not that difficult.

Mitt Romney entered the business world with nothing but a good work ethic and an excellent education. He is currently worth around $190 million. Obama made his money in politics just in the last 10 years. We don't know how much he's worth. His 2010 return said he made $2 million. His most recent says he only earned just over $700k. Obama made his money making promises and not coming through. Mitt made his millions by fixing companies. Obama never had a hard day of work in his life.

No, Mitt made his millions fucking over working folks, which is why I'll never vote for him.

I frankly wonder why so many "Christians" seem to think that obsessive greed is a virtue, when Jesus called it a sin and said rich folks were going to Hell.

Not a serious student of the Bible are you? Also, how many working folks have lost jobs since Dear Ruler took office? Guess you won't be voting for him either will you?

Hmmm...... 750,000 jobs a month being lost at the end of the Bush administration. Now we are gaining 300,000 jobs a month. Not enough, but that is over a million jobs a month improvement.

Demonstrates what a dumb fool you truly are. You parrot Faux and an obese junkie as if they are the Bible.

[

I assume you agree that Jesus did not really say or mean all rich people

I think the bible is as real as Grimm's Fairy Tales, but Jesus was pretty explicite.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to go to the Kingdom of God."

Now maybe if you got a really big needle and a really small camel.

That is actually my favorite bible verse and you have no idea what it means. First the bible didnt say you need to be coerced by the government to pay for everything. What it mean was from your own heart (read PRIVATE charity, you know the kind you do because you want to, not because you have to) Also rich people are more "Liberal" on social issues and therefore more sinful, so dont try and have it both ways. That quote basically means rich people are usually doomed because they dont help from the heart and they partake in pleasures that they shouldnt. It's really not that difficult.

Ah yes, we all know how wonderful the Dickensen world was. Those very wealthy people took such good care of the workers that made them rich.

Greed is a vice, and a detriment to society as a whole.

Not a serious student of the Bible are you? Also, how many working folks have lost jobs since Dear Ruler took office? Guess you won't be voting for him either will you?

Hmmm...... 750,000 jobs a month being lost at the end of the Bush administration. Now we are gaining 300,000 jobs a month. Not enough, but that is over a million jobs a month improvement.

Demonstrates what a dumb fool you truly are. You parrot Faux and an obese junkie as if they are the Bible.

Actually, you seem to parrot what Jay Carney and the WH says and you are not interested in what is really happening.

I mean...when I heard that Obama created millions of jobs, yet the unemployment numbers barely budged...and the overall number of employed AMericans actually DECRERASED...I felt comnpelled to look into it....especially since I am/was (recently retired) a business planner/recruiter in the largest marketplace in America.

Sure enough, I found what I expected.

Company A closed its doors costing 100 jobs
Company B no longer had company A as competiton so it had a larger market share...and therefore able to hire 25 more people.

Net...75 jobs lost.....but....

Repoprted?

25 jobs gained.

Had nothing to do with Obama. It was pretty much the free market at work as it is in any recession.

Didnt you want to know how it is possible that jobs are being reported as "beuing created" yet the number of those employed decreased?

Why didnt you care to know?

Yet unemployment remains at an all time high. Must be new math.

Last edited:

As I stated in my post prior to yours....it is actually basic math...and yes...there were people hired...but that happens in every recession.

Look at it this way...

For the first year of a recession, most stable companies survive. They cut costs, payroll, etc....and hang on waiting for the recovery.
By the second year, the weakest die off. Close their doors. Lay off 100% of their employees. The stronger still hang on, but do not increase hiring to compaensate for the loss of comnpetiton becuase the demand is not there yet.
By the third year, there is a basic increase in demand. Not due to anything more than people being FORCED to replace necessities due to obsolecence. For example...if your refrigerator is going on you at the beginning of a recession, you "jimmy" it. By the third year, you need to replace it.
So with this increase in demand, the companies that survived the recession increase their hiring to offset two things....the mild increase in demand AND the increase in market share that was created when the competition went out.

The WH is well aware of this. However, they will go out there and take claim to this increase...as would ANY administration.

But it has nothing to do with policy. It has to do with the free market compensating....nothing more.

Thus why the numbers dont seem to make sense.

What I dont understand is why the left refuses to address numbers that contradict each other...

You know....

Millions of jobs created....yet millions less poeple in the workforce.

Silver spoon?

Attachments

• $bomittens.jpg
    $bomittens.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
Silver spoon?

I choose the smart and successful guy who worked hard and invested instead of the guy who bought a million dollar house while "struggling" to pay off his college loans.

Who worked hard and invested? ROFL! It was a GIFT from his FATHER.

In a 1994 quote from Anne;

"They were not easy years…Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time."

“The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.”

Silver spoon?

I choose the smart and successful guy who worked hard and invested instead of the guy who bought a million dollar house while "struggling" to pay off his college loans.

I love how conservatives give Romney credit for getting ahead on gumption and hard work.

Do you know what connections a former automotive CEO, Governor and Presidential candidate has?

So now that it's been established it's actually Mitt, we go with who cares! :D

who are you responding to?

All I know is my president is a multi-millionaire as is his challenger, mitt romney...as are the majority of all of our elected officials in congress.

The only reason this has all come up is because obama seeks to divide people and distract us from his own record as president by getting us to fight, like idiots, over this kind of stuff.

I'd be laughing my ass off if I was Obama.

It's called, Obamamath..

It's called, Obamamath..

Obama was born in Hawaii.....

Do you agree with Mudwhistle? Well do you?

So now that it's been established it's actually Mitt, we go with who cares! :D

who are you responding to?

All I know is my president is a multi-millionaire as is his challenger, mitt romney...as are the majority of all of our elected officials in congress.

The only reason this has all come up is because obama seeks to divide people and distract us from his own record as president by getting us to fight, like idiots, over this kind of stuff.

I'd be laughing my ass off if I was Obama.

Mudwhistle brought it up trying to portray Mitt as wondering where his next meal was coming from for a while. It's a hysterical lie of monumental proportions and shows the rightwing to be almost as out of touch as Mitt is. And that is saying quite a bit.

Forum List

Back