Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

Where is the Trump support coming from then? Sure isn't the lefties.

Most of the Trump support comes from the border and terrorism issues. Those are paramount among concerns of the American people. Jobs? Sure, everybody wants jobs, but not the jobs we've been growing in this country. People want to have good paying monkey jobs like we had back in the 70's. I don't know if that's possible again, but at least somebody is talking about it and trying to point out the problems.

That is all a completely different debate. Obviously you are wrong, but I have no interest in completely changing the subject. Tariffs are already a bit off from the OP, but when Trump kills the economy paying the debt off will be impossible.

Like I said, if manufacturing becomes more expensive due to tariffs it will kill manufacturing. Toyota will go make cars somewhere else.

You are avoiding your very own point. If you claim that tariffs will add too much to the cost of manufacturing in this country for them to be competitive, then you have to look at all the costs that have the same effect. You have to consider environmental laws, Commie Care, Hillary's paid leave act, government regulations against businesses, all of it.

To that point I agree with you. The best way to create jobs in this country is to lower their costs that government plagues them with.

Where is the Trump support coming from then? Sure isn't the lefties.

Most of the Trump support comes from the border and terrorism issues. Those are paramount among concerns of the American people. Jobs? Sure, everybody wants jobs, but not the jobs we've been growing in this country. People want to have good paying monkey jobs like we had back in the 70's. I don't know if that's possible again, but at least somebody is talking about it and trying to point out the problems.
agreed completely

Gallup Poll: The Way Bush Won the 2000 Presidential Election
Won Fair & Square, Won on a Technicality, Stole the Election

Correct, it's why we now use the term Uninformed Voters. You know, the Obama Money people.

They have good rational reasons for their opinions. Gore defiantly won the popular vote! Plus:

A massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, "found that Gore probably would have won Florida, by a range of 42 to 171 votes out of 6 million cast, had there been a broad recount of all disputed ballots statewide. However, Gore never asked for such a recount. The Florida Supreme Court ordered only a recount of so-called "undervotes," about 62,000 ballots where voting machines didn’t detect any vote for a presidential candidate."

Bottom line is less than half the country thought Bush won the election fair & square. A huge portion of this country were extremely pissed about loosing their democratic right to vote for their leader. They were not going to allow a fraud to rule over them. This turmoil sent the country into recession 6 months after Bush declared victory & 3 months after he took office & after a full quarter under his economic agenda.

Last edited:
That is all a completely different debate. Obviously you are wrong, but I have no interest in completely changing the subject. Tariffs are already a bit off from the OP, but when Trump kills the economy paying the debt off will be impossible.

Like I said, if manufacturing becomes more expensive due to tariffs it will kill manufacturing. Toyota will go make cars somewhere else.

You are avoiding your very own point. If you claim that tariffs will add too much to the cost of manufacturing in this country for them to be competitive, then you have to look at all the costs that have the same effect. You have to consider environmental laws, Commie Care, Hillary's paid leave act, government regulations against businesses, all of it.

To that point I agree with you. The best way to create jobs in this country is to lower their costs that government plagues them with.

So then you must be against tariffs as they will only increase costs.

Trump: "if the dollar starts getting too strong, we're going to have some very major problems" ... "I am the king of debt" ..."Now is the time to borrow"... "I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal,"

Peterson Institute: "Trumps plan would increase debt 26 TIMES more than Clinton's" ... "Trumps plan would cost the US 4 million JOBS"

In 2002 Paul O'Neill warned Bush / Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. "You know, Paul, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter," Cheney said, "This is our due." A month later, Cheney told the Treasury secretary he was fired.

Bill Clinton was the only president in over 47 years to have a surplus! Hillary Clinton is our best bet to keep the deficit low & preventing the inflation tax from making workers poor & the wealthy even richer.

Not crazy about them, but I like the threat to our trading partners who do use tariffs on our exported products. Maybe they will remove those so we could export even more and make it a level playing field.

Trump: "if the dollar starts getting too strong, we're going to have some very major problems" ... "I am the king of debt" ..."Now is the time to borrow"... "I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal,"

Peterson Institute: "Trumps plan would increase debt 26 TIMES more than Clinton's" ... "Trumps plan would cost the US 4 million JOBS"

In 2002 Paul O'Neill warned Bush / Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. "You know, Paul, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter," Cheney said, "This is our due." A month later, Cheney told the Treasury secretary he was fired.

Bill Clinton was the only president in over 47 years to have a surplus! Hillary Clinton is our best bet to keep the deficit low & preventing the inflation tax from making workers poor & the wealthy even richer.

Clinton had a Republican Congress--you know Congress, the people that spend our tax dollars????

Same holds true for Trump. He can't spend anything unless he gets the blessing of Congress which would never happen. Even Trump knows this, but he also understands that you can't win an election by telling people you're going to take stuff away or not give them any more. Why do you think the Democrats strive to make as many Americans dependent on government as they can????

They have good rational reasons for their opinions. Gore defiantly won the popular vote! Plus:

A massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, "found that Gore probably would have won Florida, by a range of 42 to 171 votes out of 6 million cast, had there been a broad recount of all disputed ballots statewide. However, Gore never asked for such a recount. The Florida Supreme Court ordered only a recount of so-called "undervotes," about 62,000 ballots where voting machines didn’t detect any vote for a presidential candidate."

Bottom line is less than half the country thought Bush won the election fair & square. A huge portion of this country were extremely pissed about loosing their democratic right to vote for their leader. They were not going to allow a fraud to rule over them. This turmoil sent the country into recession 6 months after Bush declared victory & 3 months after he took office & after a full quarter under his economic agenda.

That was a really nice try, but I bet you thought I wouldn't click the link which I already have in my FactCheck folder:

According to a massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, George W. Bush probably still would have won even if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a limited statewide recount to go forward as ordered by Florida’s highest court.

Bush also probably would have won had the state conducted the limited recount of only four heavily Democratic counties that Al Gore asked for, the study found.

You Democrats are all born liars.

Clinton had a Republican Congress--you know Congress, the people that spend our tax dollars????

Same holds true for Trump. He can't spend anything unless he gets the blessing of Congress which would never happen. Even Trump knows this, but he also understands that you can't win an election by telling people you're going to take stuff away or not give them any more. Why do you think the Democrats strive to make as many Americans dependent on government as they can????

Demacrat President Clinton & the Democrat Congress slashed spending & deficit for 2 years before Republicans came along trying to take credit for surplus.

Then Republican President Bush & Republican Congress Exploded deficit spending & the debt. They removed PAYGO rules.

Somehow Republicans keep you low info voters singing their praises as they inflation tax you to increase the wealthy

That was a really nice try, but I bet you thought I wouldn't click the link which I already have in my FactCheck folder:

According to a massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, George W. Bush probably still would have won even if the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed a limited statewide recount to go forward as ordered by Florida’s highest court.

Bush also probably would have won had the state conducted the limited recount of only four heavily Democratic counties that Al Gore asked for, the study found.

You Democrats are all born liars.
You are the liar. I quoted the link & the poll. You lied! There were riots, less than half felt the election was fair & the recession & depression happen on Bush.

Not crazy about them, but I like the threat to our trading partners who do use tariffs on our exported products. Maybe they will remove those so we could export even more and make it a level playing field.

I don't see how the threat of taxing us will change a foreign government.

We have a republican congress now....

Every Republican President in history caused deficits & job killing recessions or depressions!

Democrats rarely have recessions. Democrats create way more jobs! ONLY Democrat Presidents create SURPLUS!!!

Last edited:

It might not change their government but it may change the way they do business.

A tariff might hurt the US, but it will hurt our traders as well. Nobody wants to lose out here. If we could threaten them with a tariff on their goods, that means Americans will buy less of them. China doesn't want Korea or Vietnam to hone in on their action, or depending on how high the tariff is, maybe the American consumer would choose US products instead.

It might not change their government but it may change the way they do business.

A tariff might hurt the US, but it will hurt our traders as well. Nobody wants to lose out here. If we could threaten them with a tariff on their goods, that means Americans will buy less of them. China doesn't want Korea or Vietnam to hone in on their action, or depending on how high the tariff is, maybe the American consumer would choose US products instead.

I'm sure they know we would only be hurting ourselves.

Forum List

Back